Chapter 12

YOU ARE MY HEART: Original Ver.

Moonbyul woke up that morning feeling a little daze because of the events from the night before. She felt a little bliss that she was finally getting discharged from the hospital. A place where maybe a little too much things she didn't understood happened. She went to wash up and stayed in the restroom for awhile. She tried to put everything together and try to make sense of it but it didn't work. She sighed a little and went to pack her bag. It was about half done when someone came in.

"Appa!" The little voice shrieked and ran towards Moonbyul.

Surprised and startled Moonbyul turned around, "H-hey, how have you been?" She ruffled the boy's hair and he laughed.

"Good! I've been good!" The boy answered enthusiastically.

"He really wanted to see you so I brought him here," the woman spoke.

Moonbyul looked up at the woman, gave a slight smiled, and looked back at the boy. "Did you miss me?" Moonbyul asked the boy.

"Yes! This much!" The boy extended his arms as far as he could and Moonbyul smiled.

The woman went over to Moonbyul's bag and started to pack for her.

"It's ok you don't have to," Moonbyul came over to the woman with the boy in her arm.

"I want to do it for you," the woman smiled.

"I think it would be better if I do it myself," Moonbyul continued. "Beside…"

"Appa!" The boy yelled interrupting the conversation. "Let's go outside and play a little."

"No, Jae-Yoon ah. We came here to help appa pack and go home," the woman sternly said and the boy pouted.

"It's fine," Moonbyul jumped in seeing the boy pitiful face. "There's no rush." She turned toward the boy and said with a smile, "let's go play a bit."

"Yay, play time!" The boy cheered but the woman looked unhappy.

They went outside together and again like last time the woman sat on the bench a little distant away watching. Moonbyul was happily playing with the boy but the woman looked uneasy. She glances around and didn't looked like she wanted to be there. When she noticed Solar approaching she panicked a little. She mumbled something to herself and got up to block Solar from getting any closer to Moonbyul. Hwasa yelled and slightly pushed the woman but she didn't budged. She kept glancing toward Moonbyul. Hwasa got irritated and raised her voice. She pushed the woman a little harder and the woman fell. Moonbyul came over after noticing the commotion and helped the woman up from the ground.

"It's really not what it looks like," Solar tried to explained and Moonbyul felt her sleeve being tugged from behind.

"If it's not then what is it!?" Moonbyul yanked her arm away.

Moonbyul saw a lot of things scattered in the air and she noticed tears fell down Solar's face. Her heart started to ache. She wanted to explain that she didn't mean to do that. That she didn't mean to hurt Solar. She wanted to say many things but she didn't know why. She didn't understand her own feelings so the words didn't come out. Then quickly a hand slapped her, it was Solar. Solar didn't say anything, she didn't screamed, her tears fell silently. She bend down on the ground and began picking up the items. Moonbyul was in a dazed as the woman pulled her away with the boy. She looked back at Solar as the distance between them grew farther apart. An unknown sadness gripped Moonbyul's heart. Whee-In and Hwasa was helping Solar without uttering a word.

When Moonbyul got back to her room, she was still not herself. The woman and the boy spoke to her but she barely heard them. Moonbyul sat down on the chair as the boy nudged her leg but she only sigh and not smiled. The woman came over to grab Moonbyul's bag and knelt down next to where Moonbyul sat. The woman began to speak but Moonbyul couldn't really understand what she was trying to say.

"Shall we go?" The woman asked.

"…"

"What's wrong?"

"…"

"Should I call the doctor?"

"…"

The woman got up and was about to get the doctor when Moonbyul grabbed her wrist.

"I'm fine," Moonbyul began. "I just want to be alone right now so I can think. You two go first. I'll leave when I'm ready."

The woman knelt back down next to Moonbyul, "But the sooner we leave here the better, don't you think?"

"I just want to be alone right now," Moonbyul began sounding a little irritated.

"Appa?" The little boy tugged at Moonbyul and looked sadly up at her.

"I'm ok," she slightly smiled at the boy. "Be good and go home first ok?" The boy nodded. "Take him home," Moonbyul said in a commanding tone.

"O-okay," the woman responded shakily. "Try to take care of your health…"

The woman and the boy left afterward. When the woman got out of the door she glanced back in, Moonbyul eyes were closed and her head titled back on the chair. The woman looked afraid and irritated as she pulled the boy along. Moonbyul sighed and her brows furrowed. She placed a hand on her chest because a pain was pounding through. She felt like crying but she didn't understand why so she refrained her tears. She sat there then got up and started walking back and forth across the room. She thought to herself.

"What should I do? How should I explain it to her? What could I say to make it better? Would she forgive me? Would she believe me? Why did I do that? I didn't mean to make her cry. I didn't mean to make her sad. What can I really do? I don't even know who I am…"

Moonbyul questioned herself over and over for a couple of hours before she finally decided to just tell Solar "I'm sorry" first. She was anxious and nervous when she walked toward Solar's room. She wandered around outside of the room taking deep breaths and trying to wiped her sweaty hands on her pants. After a long while when she was able to calm herself a bit she knocked on the door. No one answered so she knocked again. No one answered even after she knocked a few more times. She thought that Solar must be really angry to not want to speak with her. She debated whether she should enter the room without permission. She took a really long time but decided to enter even though a part of her was really against it. She walked in with her head held low and spoke in an apologetic voice.

"H-hey…um…I'm sorry for entering without your permission. I'm sorry about earlier as well I…I didn't mean to make you sad…"

She closed her eyes maybe in anticipation of another smacked but after a while there was still no responds. She opened her eyes and looked around the room it was empty. The bed was made and the room was clean. It looked like a room no one had lived in. Moonbyul felt an empty feeling as she realized Solar was no longer around. She left the room slowly in silence. The echo of her footsteps vibrated in her emptiness. She picked up her bag and left the hospital. Tears flowed down her eyes but still she doesn't fully understand her feelings. When she got to the lobby a nurse stopped her.

"Miss. Miss."

"Are you calling me?" Moonbyul turned to the nurse.

"Yes," the nurse smiled and motioned for Moonbyul to come closer. Moonbyul complied.

"Is something the matter?" Moonbyul questioned.

"Ah no it's nothing like that," the nursed laughed loudly. "I just called you because you were about to leave without your things."

"My things?" Moonbyul raised her brow.

"Yes," the nurse confirmed. "Your friends left some things for you. Here's a map, a key to a car, and your wallet. I think that's about it…"

"My friend…?"

"Oh wait, there's also a message for you. Your friends wanted me to tell you," the nurse cleared and positioned herself. She took a deep breath and screamed, "YOU JERK!" which caught everyone attention. When she finished the nurse sighed and smiled, "that's it. Well I hope you have a nice day and take care of your health."

Moonbyul was taken aback by the nurse screaming so she didn't respond. She only bowed her head. The nurse chugged the stuff onto Moonbyul and shoo her away. Moonbyul realized who the nurse meant when she said 'your friends' and Moonbyul felt a little relieved. When she regain her composure, Moonbyul walked out to the parking lot and found her car. She got in and checked the map. It had some places marked in red and in different shapes. There was a heart, legs, heels, skirt, and an angry eye. They were apartments she could rent. There's also one drawn with a smiling sun on it in yellow. Moonbyul checked her wallet, there were some money and cards in there. She played a little game on the map to choose where she should go and she ended up on the angry eye apartment. She drove there to rent her room.

The apartment wasn't luxurious but it wasn't run down. The landlady is a middle age woman. She's nice and Moonbyul felt welcome. The landlady was talking with her friends when Moonbyul stepped in. After talking a little with the landlady she was shown to the second floor. The room is 203, Moonbyul thanked the landlady and went inside. The room was furnished and decently decorated. There's also a balcony. Moonbyul opened the balcony's door to let the cool wind in. She checked the sofa and bed, they were soft and comfy. She check the bathroom and everything else and was really satisfied. She went to the door where the landlady was still standing out in the hall.

"I'll take it," Moonbyul said with a smiled.

"See I told you, you wouldn't be disappointed," the landlady said proudly.

"Thank you," Moonbyul bowed to the lady and handed her the first month rent.

When the landlady was far down the hall Moonbyul closed the door. At first when she landed on the angry eye apartment from her game she felt a little uneasy. She even hesitated to come, but now she was glad that she did. It was a good place. Moonbyul settled down on the couch feeling the cool breeze. It helps her try to forget her trouble. She dozed off.

Coffee and tea. A girl playing with a dog. Mint chocolate. Pain. Blood. Head pain.

Moonbyul awoke from the dream. She was sweating a little. She looked out at the sky. It was dark, she must have been asleep for a long time. A noise was going off somewhere nearby. It was a buzzing noise. It came from her bag. She don't remember having anything in there that can buzz. She looked through and found a phone. She picked it up and the buzzing stopped. She opened it and see there was a lot of missed calls.

"26 missed calls from master? Who the…" before Moonbyul could finished her sentence the person called again. She wasn't sure if she should picked up but she decided to since it was the 27th time the person had called. "Hello?"

"Why didn't you pick up sooner!?" The person screamed on the other line. The voice sounded a little shaky, "I've b-been trying to get a hold of you all night!"

"Miss, who are you? And are you drunk?"

"What do you mean who am I? How could you forgot me you jerk! You lost the bet so I am your master, don't make me remind you again!" The voice demanded. "And I am not drunk, but I forgot my wallet so come to the club and pay for me!"

"Why should I? Where's your other friends?"

"I want you to come now!"

"But I don't want to go!"

The voice ignored Moonbyul protest, gave the address, and hung up.

"Hello? Yong-Sun ssi? Hello?" Moonbyul looked at the phone and sternly said, "I'm not going!"

After a couple of minutes she grabbed her coat and headed out the door. The club was about a mile away from her apartment. When she got outside she realized her car was being blocked. She tried to call a taxi service but they weren't available or were too far away. She decided just to run there. When she got to the club, she was a little out of breath. She regained her composure before she entered. Inside she saw Solar drinking with two men. She came over and took the drink out of Solar's hand.

"I think you had enough," Moonbyul placed the cup down and tried to get Solar up.

"Hmm, so you came after all," Solar caressed Moonbyul's face.

"Hey what are you doing?" The two men got up as one of them angrily said to Moonbyul, "If you want to join that's fine. You shouldn't interrupt otherwise!"

Moonbyul was about to spoke but Solar cut it, "Gentlemen. Gentlemen. This here is the person I love," Solar wrapped her arms around Moonbyul's neck. "You guys and I were only having a friendly chat, since I was feeling lonely no? Since my love is here," Solar placed her head on Moonbyul's shoulder, "don't you think I should go with her? Hmm?" Solar smiled.

"Ah forget it," the two men sat back down and continued their drink.

"Now then, shall we go?" Solar looked at Moonbyul.

"How much do you owed?" Moonbyul asked seriously.

"Owed? What are you talking about?" Solar pretended not to understand.

"You said you didn't bring your purse…"

"So you cared about me, hmm?" Solar interrupted.

"No, you helped me so I didn't want to be indebted to you," Moonbyul protested.

"Really?" Solar said seductively as she leaned in closer.

"Y-yes. And stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" Solar smiled.

"Leaning in so close."

"What? Are you afraid I'll eat you?" Solar her lips.

"You seemed fine! You can get home by yourself," Moonbyul tried to get away from Solar gripped. When she managed to Solar staggered and Moonbyul held her by the waist preventing her from falling.

"Let's drink more!" Solar proclaimed.

"No, let's not."

"More. More. More!" Solar jumped in place.

"No. No. And no." Moonbyul sternly repeated. "You're going home."

"Only if you give me a piggyback ride."

"No!"

"Then I want more soju!"

"No!"

"Choose one. Piggyback or Soju!"

"I…You're impossible. Drunk or sober." Moonbyul gave up

Moonbyul took off her coat and put it on Solar. She then bend down for Solar to get on.

"Yay, piggyback ride!" Solar got on, "Go piggy!" She cheerily gave command.

"Don't move around so much."

When they got outside, Moonbyul asked Solar for her addressed and Solar pointed in all direction. Moonbyul wanted to call for a taxi but Solar kept moving around so she couldn't.

"Where do you live?"

"I live where you live!" Solar sweetly said.

"Don't play around. I'm serious."

"Hm, ok I'll tell you," Solar whispered into Moonbyul's ear. "I live under the sea. I'm a mermaid on a secret mission to learn more about human."

"I told you to answer seriously."

"I told you the truth! Yong-Sun don't lie!" Solar wiggled around.

"Ok, ok. You don't lie, just stop wiggling." Moonbyul sighed. "I guessed I have no choice left but to take you back to my place."

"Yay, we are going on an adventure. March piggy march!" Solar cheerily screamed.

Moonbyul sighed a lot on the way back to her apartment while Solar screamed randomly, laughed, and cheer. Moonbyul didn't think she was strong enough to take Solar all the way back but she was able to. Solar was still screaming random things when they were inside the apartment.

"Quiet down. You'll disturb the other residents." Moonbyul sternly said.

"Why are they disturbed? They are partying anyway so it's fine!"

"Not everyone go out so late like you. People want to sleep."

Solar bit Moonbyul's shoulder.

"See you screamed! How can you forbid me when you did it too! Unfair!" Solar protested.

"That's because you bit me and it hurt. I don't randomly scream nonsense like you!"

"Oh so because I screamed nonsense? Fine. I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!"

"Stop, stop. I get it! It's not nonsense ok? Don't scream."

They entered Moonbyul's apartment and she dropped Solar's heels by the door. She closed the door with her foot and brought Solar into the bedroom. She placed Solar down on the bed and was about to leave, but Solar grabbed onto her necktie and pulled her closer. Moonbyul was above Solar, she used her arms to keep herself up on the bed.

"Where are you going?" Solar asked flirtatiously.

"I'm going to sleep on the Sofa." Moonbyul answered sternly. "And if you don't mind, let go of my tie." Moonbyul tried to yanked her tie away with one arm but Solar rolled it around her hand.

"But I do mind if you leave," Solar yanked harder on Moonbyul's tie and Moonbyul landed on top of her. Solar placed her arms around Moonbyul's neck and smiled. "Isn't this warmer? Wouldn't you prefer to stay?"

"No, I don't." Moonbyul tried to get away.

"You don't think I express my feelings enough yet?" Solar pouted.

"I think you express everything just fine!"

"Doesn’t seemed so. I LOVE YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A JERK!"

"Hey stop screaming you brat!" A screamed and banging noise came from upstairs.

The sudden scream startled Moonbyul who blocked Solar mouth with her hand, "I told you to stop screaming. You're disturbing the neighbor." She let go of Solar's mouth after Solar nodded in agreement.

"If you want me to stop then kiss me," Solar proclaimed.

"W-what? No!" Moonbyul protested.

Solar was about to scream again but Moonbyul place her hand over Solar's mouth. It caused the screamed to be muffled, Solar did not like that. She bit Moonbyul's hand.

"Ow…why you bit me again!"

"I HATE YOU!"

"STOP SCREAMING BRAT BEFORE I COME DOWN THERE AND BEAT YOU!"

"CO…"

Solar screamed was quiet by Moonbyul's hand again. Solar was about to bite it but Moonbyul took it away in time.

Solar looked at Moonbyul and asked, "Are you going to kiss me then?"

"No," Moonbyul said without hesitation.

"Fine! Then I'll…"

Solar was silence, she closed her eyes and smiled as their lips touched.