Chapter 14

YOU ARE MY HEART: Original Ver.

When Moonbyul awoke the next morning she looked around the room but she didn't spot Solar. She felt a bit sadden at the sight and proceeded to wash up. When she was taking off her shirt, she noticed a red lipstick mark on the collar of her shirt. She stared at it for awhile speechless then sighed. Her face blushed a little. While taking a shower, she smiled to herself as she recount the event of the night before. She softly touched her lips and smiled as she remembered she felt a happiness when their lips touched. She snapped out of her daydream and wondered what was wrong with her. She doesn't understand why she was acting that way and thought it was ridiculous. She shook her head and push away the thoughts to the back of her mind.

Once she finished washing up she felt hungry so she headed to the kitchen. She wasn't sure what to eat or what she could make and pondered about it on the way. When she got to the kitchen something delicious invaded her sense of smell. She saw on the table a plate of breakfast still have a bit of smoke rising into the air. It looked delicious and it was still warm. She saw a note next to the plate and open it to read the content.

[Byul-Kong, did you sleep well? Not aching anywhere are you? You were sleeping so soundly I didn't want to wake you. I made you some breakfast, you better eat it even if it taste bad. I'll be mad if you don't. I had to head home to clean up, I don't smell so great. I'll see you later. *kiss* love from your Yong-Kong]

Moonbyul smiled as she read the note and placed it gently back down on the table. She picked up the fork and ate her breakfast. There was a sweetness that slowly filled her heart with every bite. She didn't noticed but she never stopped smiling as she ate her breakfast just like the smiling omelet on her plate. She didn't even realized whether it tasted good or bad, she just ate it as if it was the best thing on earth. She even began humming a lovely tune as she washed the dishes. She wasn't sure what to do with the note Solar left behind, but she didn't want to throw it away. She thought about putting it onto the fridge but it's a bit embarrassing if Solar saw it she thought. She could place it in a book but she might forget about it, so she decided to place it inside a small metal box. She was heading to her room to find it when the doorbell rang. She smiled as she thought Solar was on the other side. When she open the door her smiled wasn't gone but it wasn't really happiness that she showed.

"What's the matter?" Young-Sun asked. "You don't seemed to happy to see me."

"It's nothing…" Moonbyul answered. "I just thought you were someone else," she mumbled to herself.

"What?" Young-Sun raised her brows.

"It's nothing," Moonbyul smiled weakly. "Come in. Can I get you something to drink? What bring you here all of a sudden? Did something happen?"

"It's fine you don't have to get me anything. I came to see how you are doing," Young-Sun shyly responded. "Does something have to happen for me to see you?"

"No that's not what I meant, but it's good nothing bad happened. But…" Moonbyul hesitated, "How did you know I was here?" Moonbyul stopped and looked at Young-Sun.

"Ah that," Young-Sun mumbled to herself before answering. "A friend of mine saw you last night entering this building. I wanted to see you so I came here. The nice landlady downstairs gave me the number to your apartment." She smiled.

"I see." Moonbyul didn't questioned it any further.

"Can you show me around the place?" Young-Sun asked cheerily.

"Sure, I guess." Moonbyul answered without enthusiasm.

She showed Young-Sun the living room, and the kitchen first. She was hesitant to show her bedroom and it seemed she didn't have to. Young-Sun came over to the kitchen table and sat down. Moonbyul went to pour her some water. While Moonbyul was pouring the water Young-Sun spoke out.

"What's this?" Young-Sun picked up the piece of paper on the table and held it in her hand.

"It's nothing," Moonbyul quickly came over and took it from Young-Sun.

"Is it something important?"

"It's nothing…" Moonbyul became quiet for a while before continuing. "It's just something I was doodling while I was eating earlier."

"I see," Young-Sun said sadly. "I'm not allow to see it?"

"It's bad. I don't want anyone to see it." Moonbyul answered quickly. She wasn't sure why she had lied. All she felt was that she just doesn't want to tell the truth to Young-Sun.

"That's alright then," Young-Sun answered with a smile. "I don't want to force you to do anything that you don't want to."

"Thank you," Moonbyul felt a bit guilty at those words and looked down onto the ground.

"Don't look down," Young-Sun began. "It's alright, really."

"Sorry," Moonbyul said sadly. "Here's your drink," Moonbyul handed Young-Sun a cup of water. There was a bit of silence in the kitchen before Moonbyul continued, "The bedroom is a bit of a mess, I'll go clean it up first before I can show you."

"It's al…"

Moonbyul dashed off to the bedroom before Young-Sun could finished speaking. She doesn't seem interested in entertaining Young-Sun. She was more concerned about placing the note away safely than cleaning her room as well. She remembered seeing a silver box somewhere around but she couldn't remember where. She searched around the room forgetting about everything else and only concentrating on finding the box. She must have spent at least half an hour or so before she finally found it. She was really happy when she saw it and she dust it off before she place the note from Solar inside.

At the same time, Young-Sun's face changed to a darker aura when Moonbyul was out of sight. She gritted her teeth and furrow her brows. She began biting her nails and looking anxious. Moonbyul didn't know but the woman had already read the note. Young-Sun got up from the kitchen chair and began wandering back and forth. Then she noticed Moonbyul's phone on the table in the living room. She looked toward the bedroom intently making sure Moonbyul wasn't coming out. She went toward Moonbyul's phone slowly while still staring at the bedroom's door. The phone wasn't lock with a password. She open it and check the history log. She saw Solar number was the only one on the log and she began gripping the phone harder. Her face looked murderous. She wanted to throw the phone out the window or against the wall but she knew that would not benefit her so she took a deep breath and calmed down. She texted Solar pretended to be Moonbyul. She erased the message and placed the phone back down on the table. She even wiped it of her fingerprints. She took one of Moonbyul many cap and left without telling Moonbyul.

When Moonbyul came out of her bedroom Young-Sun was gone. She felt a bit happy that the woman left on her own. She also noticed something was out of the ordinary like something was missing but she couldn't figure out what it was. Moonbyul shrugged it off and went to lock the door. She sat down on the couch and the television. She was watching a comedy movie when her phone buzzed. It was a text from Solar.

"Will you give me a preview of what you want to say?"

Moonbyul looked at the text in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"Aw don't be like that. Tell me pretty please?"

"I really don't understand what you are talking about."

"Don't play dumb."

"I’m not… Look if this is one of your not so normal behavior, you should really stop."

Moonbyul phone suddenly rang, the call was from Solar, she sighed and picked up.

"Hello?"

"What do you mean not normal behavior!" Hwasa yelled.

"Who's this?" Moonbyul answered calmly.

"You asked Yong-Sun unnie to come out and meet you because you had something to tell her," Hwasa yelling continued. "Now you said she behaved weirdly!? Well I mean she is weird sometime but that's beside the point."

"Hold on, hold on," Moonbyul cut in quickly. "I called her out to meet me?" She questioned in a serious tone.

"Yes, you did," Hwasa finally calmed down a little to stop yelling.

"But I didn't. I haven't talked to her since last night."

"What do you mean? If you didn't then who did?" Hwasa sound a bit irritated.

"I don't know but I didn't," Moonbyul answered sternly. "Where did she go?"

"If you're worried you should have…"

"Tell me where she went," Moonbyul raised her voice cutting Hwasa words short.

"Yong-Sun unnie went to building A133," Hwasa answered softly.

"That's down the street. I'll go check right away. Don't worry, I'll make sure she's safe."

Moonbyul hung up, grabbed her jacket and rushed out of the door. She ran as fast as she could to building A133. She didn't think of anything but Solar. That happy face, that sweet smile, that gentle sweet voice, the only thing that occupy her mind was Solar. Nothing can happen to her, she is safe, she must be. These thoughts ran across Moonbyul mind as she rushed forward. As Moonbyul got closer to the building she noticed a group of people were gathering around. When Moonbyul reached building A133 she saw Solar dangling on the side of the building. Solar was holding onto a water hose. Moonbyul quickly rushed up to the roof to help Solar. Solar was crying. When she saw Moonbyul she began to cry even louder.

"Don't let go!" Moonbyul screamed as she tried to pull up the hose.

Solar didn't say anything as she just nod her head. As she was pulling Solar up vague images of her past was playing in her head. She shook her head feeling a little dizzy but she fought against it and continued to help Solar. Solar was beginning to lose her strength when Moonbyul finally was able to reach her. Moonbyul grabbed Solar by the wrist and pulled her up. She grabbed and hugged Solar by the waist and Solar wrapped her arm around Moonbyul neck as they fell to the floor. Moonbyul breathing heavily and Solar crying on her chest like a baby.

"Why is it every time I see you something is always happening?" Moonbyul asked trying to regain her composure.

"What do you mean?" Solar sniffled and hit Moonbyul's chest lightly. "It's your fault asking me to meet you here. I was so scared that I would die and never see you again," Solar continued to cry.

"I didn’t call you out here though," Moonbyul answered seriously.

Solar wiped her tears and looked at Moonbyul to make sure she wasn't joking around at a time like this and she could tell Moonbyul wasn't, "But the message came from your phone…" Solar hesitated.

"Are you sure?" Moonbyul questioned.

"Yes, it's the phone I gave you," Solar confidently answered. "Beside no one else would have that name on my phone," Solar mumbled.

"Alright if you're sure. But why were you dangling on the side of the building like that?"

"It's not as if I wanted that to happen," Solar pouted. "I saw your hat in the corner and wanted to retrieve it for you."

"My hat?"

"Yes, I can tell it's yours just by glancing at it. Even though you have so many I can still tell if it's yours or not."

"So you fell trying to get it?"

"I think so, but I felt like something or someone was lifting my feet up. It was like a gently push, but I'm not completely sure if that's true or not. I was just really scared, but you came and save me. At least I can see you again," Solar plunged her head into Moonbyul's chest while grabbing onto Moonbyul's jacket.

"It' ok now. You're safe now." Moonbyul gently caressed Solar's head and hugged her tightly. "I won't let anything happen to you."

Hearing that declaration, Solar's eyes opened wide and she lifted her head up staring straight into Moonbyul's eyes. Moonbyul whispered something and Solar was speechless. Her facial expression was that of disbelieve. She wasn't sure if she heard it correctly. She wasn't sure if this was a dream or reality. She wasn't sure if she was still alive because what Moonbyul just said had blown her mind away. Solar slapped herself to make sure that it was real. She felt the pain and rubbed her cheek.

"What did you do that for?" Moonbyul raised her brows looking at Solar weirdly.

"I was just making sure that this is real, but I'm not sure if I heard you correctly. What did you just say?" Solar still looked as if she had experienced something unbelievable.

"You're impossible," Moonbyul sighed.

"No, repeat it. What did you say?" Solar looked intently into Moonbyul's eyes.

Moonbyul shyly looked away, cleared and spoke. "I…I said that… well I'm not completely sure of it myself, but there's this feeling that kept stirring inside of me when you are around or when I think about you. When I saw you in danger I realized that you meant a lot to me and…and all I could think of is that I didn't want to lose you. What I meant to say is I think…I think I like you. Not in a friend way kind of like…you know… I'm not sure how to say this…"

"That you love me?" Solar smiled sweetly and raised her brows.

"Yes…I think," Moonbyul looked into Solar eyes and gently whispered, "I think that I'm in love with you…"