Chapter 3

YOU ARE MY HEART: Original Ver.

 I apologize I couldn't thank everyone personally for subbing to the story. I will thank you here. Thank you everyone :D


When Hwasa and Whee-In reach their home and got out of their car, Whee-In suddenly quicken her pace towards Hwasa and hug her tightly from behind. Hwasa was surprised but at the same time she was happy.

"What's wrong?" Hwasa gently asks.

Whee-In shook her head against Hwasa's back and says, "Nothing, just let me hug you like this for a little while."

Hwasa comply without hesitation and gently place her hands on Whee-In's hands. After a few moment had pass Whee-In let go of Hwasa, took a deep breath, and wipe away the tears in her eyes.

"Let's go pack the things for Yong-Sun unnie and Byul-Yi unnie." Whee-In say softly.

Hwasa nodded with a smile as she connected her hand to Whee-In's. They walked into the dorm with their hands held tightly together. Whee-In went to prepare the food while Hwasa went to pack the clothes. Hwasa packed about a week worth of clothing for both Moonbyul and Solar. She noticed a box of mint chocolate on the shelf in the corner of the room and remembered that Solar always ate it when she was feeling down. She checked inside of the box to make sure there was still some left then packed it along with Solar clothing. She also pack some essentials such as towels, toothbrush, shampoo, etc. Meanwhile Whee-In was making some sandwiches for them. Once everything was ready they quickly headed back to hospital. On the drive back Whee-In's stomach growled and Hwasa opened a sandwich for her. Hwasa fed Whee-In while she drive, and they shared a sandwich together.

When they got back to room 333 they saw Solar massaging Moonbyul's arms and legs. She was smiling and talking to Moonbyul who was still laying on the bed motionless. Hwasa and Whee-In could tell that Solar was trying to be strong and forcing herself to smile in front of Moonbyul. However, they could see on her face an apparent sadness lingers in her eyes. Hwasa eyes became teary and Whee-In wiped it away for her. They didn't want to cry in front of Solar who was trying her hardest to stay happy for Moonbyul. They were hesitant at first to enter. They knocked on the door a couple times but Solar didn't hear them, so they opened the door and enter.

"Unnie," Hwasa says with a smile while quickening her pace toward Solar. "We brought you some change of clothes and some food. Why don't you rest a little. I'll help you take care of Byul-Yi unnie."

"It's ok…" Solar says softly, "I want to take care of her myself…"

"Ah why don't you get cleanup and change?" Whee-In spoke quickly to disperse the silent, "We'll look after Byul-Yi unnie while you do so, ok?" She smiles softly.

"Thank you, both of you." Solar says with a sad smile.

Whee-In took out a pair of clothes, shampoo, and towel then handed it over to Solar. It was a private hospital so there was a shower inside the bathroom. Solar dragged herself along and went inside. While Solar was showering, Hwasa and Whee-In unpacked the clothes and place them inside the drawers. They also took out the sandwiches and place them on the table. They looked at each other and sigh in unison. They went over to Moonbyul to check on her. Her head was wrapped up and although she laid motionless, her breathing was calm and she looks peaceful.

"Unnie ah," Hwasa says tearing up causing Whee-In to begin shedding tears as well. "You shouldn't be like this. Yong-Sun unnie needs you. We need you…so hurry up and be healthy again ok?" Hwasa tears were falling uncontrollably.

"Unnie, get better soon," Whee-In began, "Although she pretends to be strong and happy in front of you Yong-Sun unnie is really unhappy because you're not there smiling with her. You're not there to tell her jokes and brighten up her day. Her sunlight have dim without your smiles. I probably needn't have told you that, you care the most about Yong-Sun unnie after all. So get better soon ok?"

Whee-In was able to hold herself back from tearing up uncontrollably. She went over to Hwasa to calm her down when she heard the shower water stops running. Hwasa wasn't able to stop her tears so she ran out of the room. Solar came out of the restroom and glanced around, she looks at Whee-In and asks.

"Where's Hye-Jin si?"

"Ah she's…" Whee-In paused for a moment, "She went to buy drinks…yeah, drinks… How are you feeling Yong-Sun unnie?"

"I'm ok, thank you…"

"I unpacked your clothes and put it away already so you don't have to worry. And there's some sandwiches I made over there, you should eat some to keep up your strength. Byul-Yi unnie will be sad if you fall ill."

"Thank you…I will later." Solar answered nonchalantly.

"I'll go check to see if Hwasa got the drinks ok? You should rest a bit."

When Whee-In left Solar went back to Moonbyul's bedside and began massaging Moonbyul again.

"The doctor said you should move around so your muscle doesn't stiffen up. Since you don't want to today then I'll help you. But you have to do it yourself tomorrow ok?" Solar's smiles slightly. "Hye-Jin si and Whee-In si came and brought us some foods and clothes." Solar reached for a sandwich and showed Moonbyul, "remember when you wanted to eat my sandwich and I fed some to you? Your smile was so beautiful when you were eating it." Solar paused for a while before continuing, "If you don't get up I'm going to eat it all alone," she took a bite of it and sniffled. She wiped her tears away quickly and says with a smile. "It's really good. I think you would like it too."

Hwasa and Whee-In came back with a couple bottles of drinks. They placed it down on the table with the sandwiches and Solar says.

"Thank you again for everything."

"There's no need to say that unnie," they replied in unison.

"We are like a family. We will be there for you when you need us." Hwasa continued.

"You and Byul-Yi unnie will always have us, no matter what." Whee-In finished.

"Thank you," Solar's smiles and hugged them both, "It's getting late, you two should head back. I'll be fine here, Byul-Kong is accompanying me after all. I'll be fine with her by my side."

Whee-In and Hwasa looks at each other hesitantly but Solar rushed them out the door.

"Then you take care of yourself too, ok unnie?" Hwasa looks at Solar and Solar nodded.

"Give us a call if there's anything at all that you need ok?" Whee-In added.

"I will, thank you...and goodnight to you both." Solar's smiles again.

"We'll come back tomorrow. Goodnight unnie."

Solar wave her goodbyes and closed the door. On her way back to the bedside she accidentally kick the bag that Whee-In and Hwasa brought her clothes in with. The bag emits a weird sound so she bend down and checked. Inside was a box of mint chocolate, she took it out of the bag and open it. She turn the lid over and read the inscription on the inside.

[To my beautiful Yong-Kong,

This is my 241st box of mint chocolate to you. You shouldn't get so angry so easily, I'm running out of things to write in these boxes. Maybe I should recycle the previous boxes lol, but then you would probably kill me. But as long as it makes you happy and brighten up your day, I'll dig through my head for you. Today you got angry because I didn't say that your food was good. But you know I Love You Yong-Sun ah. <3 Forever and never changing.

As always, from your mean Byul-Kong]

Tears fell from Solar face onto the words written behind the lid. She quickly wiped it away and sat down on the chair next to the bed.

"You know you still haven't said my food taste good. You keep laughing it off and changing the subject whenever I bring it up. Such a jerk you are… Remember the very first box of chocolate you gave me? It was the sweetest thing I've ever got. It was also why I became obsessive with it. We started dating two weeks before Valentine and you were getting more and more nervous as Valentine's Day approach. You were avoiding me so I was getting angry at you. I kept asking you questions but you didn't want to answer and that just made me angrier. Do you remember?"

[22 months ago]

Solar hasn't seen Moonbyul the whole day and for the last two days it felt like Moonbyul was avoiding her. Solar was feeling angrier and angrier by the minute. She frantically search through the house for Moonbyul but couldn't find her anywhere. She stopped her search and stormed off into the kitchen. She yanked from the freeze a box of ice cream and proceeded to stuff herself with it. With each scoop she would say, "stupid Byul-Kong, jerk, dumb Byul-Kong, I hate you, avoiding me, stupid, stupid, stupid," and so on. Her scoops of ice cream were more like stabbing the ice cream. Then she heard the door open and saw Moonbyul walked in. She pretended not to see.

"I'm home," Moonbyul said loudly.

"Welcome home unnie! What you got there? Oo~" Hwasa came out and greeted Moonbyul cheerfully, then she whispered to Moonbyul, "Someone been looking for you, very angrily I might add. She's in the kitchen, you should go see her."

Moonbyul laughs nervously, "I don't know if I should," she whispered back.

"Just go," Hwasa pushed her into the living room which was connected to the kitchen.

"H-hey I'm home," she said fearfully.

"Hmph!" was Solar respond as she angrily looked away.

"I-I'll head to bed then."

When Moonbyul turn around to head to her room Solar slammed her spoon onto the table. It startled Moonbyul and she was frozen in place.

"Am I that scary?" Solar screamed and dashed towards Moonbyul, their faces were only a couple of inches apart. "It hasn't been two weeks yet and already you're avoiding me. If you don't like me anymore then you should say it."

"It's not that…"

"Then what is it!?" Solar fumed, then she suddenly stop and started sniffing Moonbyul. "What's that smell? Perfume? I don't recognize the smell. You were out with someone? I haven't seen you all day and you came back smelling of another woman perfume!? So you fell for someone new already, that's fine then. I don't care anymore!"

"It's not like that, let me…"

"I don't want to hear it!"

Solar tried to storm off but Moonbyul pulled her back and kissed her passionately. Solar tried to push her off but to no avail. She eventually calm down and Moonbyul loosen her gripped. When Moonbyul parted their lips she pushed Moonbyul away.

"Rascal, why you do that for!?" Solar was tearing up.

Moonbyul pulled Solar toward her and hugged her tightly. Solar tries to fight her off again but again she fail.

"The only one I love is you," Moonbyul softly whisper.

"Then prove it!" Solar exclaimed.

"Close your eyes for a bit."

"No!"

"Please?" Moonbyul pleaded.

When Solar closes her eyes Moonbyul went to pick up the items she brought home earlier and got down on one knee.

"You can open your eyes now."

When Solar open her eyes, she saw Moonbyul holding up a box of chocolate and a bouquet of flowers.

"Happy Valentine, my love." Moonbyul said with a smile.

"It's not Valentine yet!" Solar protested.

"W-well it's not…but…"

"No, unacceptable."

Just then the clock ding to announce a new day had began.

"HAPPY VALENTINE!!!" Whee-In and Hwasa screamed from their room.

"Well it's Valentine now. Happy Valentine beautiful." Moonbyul lifted up her gifts.

"No, you did it before so it doesn't count."

"But it took me really long to thought of how I should present it. If I get down on both knees does it count then?"

Solar took the gifts from Moonbyul before she needed to get down on both knees.

"I accept this but it doesn't mean I'll forgive you."

"Help me up?" Moonbyul asks with a smile.

"Hmph, don't want to."

Solar turned her back to Moonbyul and pretended to not care. Moonbyul got up from her kneeling position and let out a hurt sound. Solar quickly turned around and placed the gifts onto the sofa then check on Moonbyul.

"Are you ok?" Solar questioned while scanning Moonbyul.

"Ah…ow…my knee, it hurts…"

Solar bend down and carefully rubbed Moonbyul's knee.

"Does it feel better now?" Solar asked in a gentle voice.

"Ah, ah it still hurt…"

While Solar was rubbing Moonbyul's knee, Whee-In and Hwasa poke their head into the living room. They both let out a soft giggle and hold up their thumbs. 'Good job' they said without sound and Moonbyul winked and smile. Solar noticed this and decided to play along for a little.

"Does it still hurt?" Solar asks with an angelic smile.

"Mhm, it hurt." Moonbyul said cutely.

Solar laughs for a couple second before saying, "Rascal," and kicked Moonbyul's leg. "I can't believe I believe you!" She screamed and was about to dash off.

Moonbyul pulled her back and hug her, "It proves that you care about me and that makes me really happy." They hugged for a while before they decided to sit on the couch.


 

[Present time]

"That night you explained to me that you had perfume on your body because you were trying to find one that I would like. But you ended up getting me some mint chocolate instead from the local candy store. But you made it even more special than any box of chocolate. When I open it for the very first time. I was so happy it made me cry, do you remember? You gently wiped the tears on my face and told me that I'll be the only one that you'll ever love, no matter what may come. You told me my smiles was the most beautiful one of all and I should never lose it. And I'll never forget what you wrote in the back of that lid."

[To my very special lady,

Today is the anniversary of our two weeks since we dated, and it also a special day. It's Valentine. I know I made you sad and you felt like I was avoiding you the last two days, I'm sorry. Forgive me. Byul-Kong Sorry. Byul-Kong just wanted to surprise, you, Byul-Kong special lady. But every time you questioned Byul-Kong, Byul-Kong felt like Byul-Kong couldn't keep a secret. That's why Byul-Kong had to lessen our interaction, but Byul-Kong misses you a lot >o<. Byul-Kong love you a lot Yong-Sun ah! You are my heart and without you I could never survive. Would you let me be your heart forever?

Forever yours, Love Byul-Kong <3]

"Then we fed each other chocolate, it was the sweetest chocolate I have ever tasted in my life. And I answered 'of course, you are my heart as well, forever and always'. And since then I wanted you to get me more because I always anticipate what you write inside the box. Also, it's because the mint chocolate you get for me fills my heart with the sweetness of your love. I love you Byul-Yi," Solar took Moonbyul's hand and gently place it on her cheek, "You are my Heart and I will wait for you. It doesn't matter how long you take to wake up from your deep sleep, I will wait for you."

Solar placed a chocolate in and tasted the sweetness of the love in her heart.