Chapter 2

YOU ARE MY HEART: Original Ver.

 - Thank you all for showing support and being interested in my story. 


The hospital was filled with patients even though it was early in the day. They rush Moonbyul into a curtain room nearby and Solar was forced to wait outside. Tears streaming down her face, blood covering both her hands and her clothes. Her legs lost their strength and she collapsed onto the ground. Solar stares at her blood cover hands, and held it tightly against her chest. She felt as though someone had just slice her heart in two, the pain in her heart was unbearable. Just then a pair of arms raised her up on her feet, she looks to her left and right. It was Hwasa and Whee-In. They helped her onto the nearby chair. In her panic she had forgotten that she had called Hwasa and Whee-In.

"Unnie, how is Byul-Yi unnie?" Hwasa asked Solar while Whee-In tries to wipe the tears from Solar's face. Tears are flowing down their faces as well at the sight of their hurt unnies. Solar couldn't find her voice to answer, she just shook her head in disbelieve.

"It'll be alright, unnie. Nothing will happen to Byul-Yi unnie." Whee-in tries to comfort Solar, although her voice shook a little while she spoke.

Hwasa and Whee-In tried to held back their tears and be a strong support for their unnie. They both held Solar tightly in their arms. However, for Solar everything around her have faded away, all she could see is the curtain room where Moonbyul was being kept. Her attention was to nowhere else and to nothing else.

Not long after an older doctor and a nurse came running down the hall and rushed into Moonbyul's curtain room. For the brief second that the curtain slid open, Solar saw Moonbyul, still laying there motionless. Her eyes closed, her blood seeps through the cloth someone held to her head. Solar wanted to jump up and rushed to Moonbyul side but couldn't.

"How's the patient?" The older doctor asked.

"S-she lost a lot of blood." A younger doctor answered stumbling over his words, "H-her con-di-dition is…is…"

"What's her condition?" The older doctor asked sternly with a dissatisfy look on his face.

"It's…I…"

"Her condition is not stable," the nurse answered after taking a glance at the monitor.

"You get out!" the older doctor ordered the younger one. Then he turned his head to the nurse and spoke, "We need to take her to the emergency room. Prepare some blood bags."

The nurse nodded and they prepare to transfer Moonbyul into the emergency room. When the young doctor went out of the curtain room, Solar, Whee-In, and Hwasa quickly came up to him and asked.

"How is she doctor?" Solar questioned her voice shaking. Hwasa and Whee-In stares at him waiting for an answer.

"It's…It's…I…"

"Yes, how is she!?" Hwasa questioned in a commanding tone.

"I…I…" the young doctor continue stumbling and he noticed Hwasa and Whee-In faces were not pleased.

At that moment the curtain slid open again, but this time the older doctor and nurse was taking Moonbyul with them. Solar pushed the young doctor aside and chased after Moonbyul. Whee-In and Hwasa followed behind her, they thought she was going to attack the older doctor and the nurse. Solar only followed along with them staring at the unconscious Moonbyul.

"Are you a family member of the patient?" the doctor asked and Solar nodded profusely. "She lost a lot of blood and we need to operate on her right away. We will do everything we can."

When they reach the emergency room's door, the doctor let the nurse take Moonbyul in first as he stops Solar, Whee-In, and Hwasa.

"You can't come in. Please wait out here." Then the doctor turn around and enter the room.

Solar felt helpless again as Moonbyul disappeared into the emergency room. Hwasa and Whee-In stay by her side comforting her as they wait for the hours to pass by. It was a long wait in silence. It was about four hours when the emergency light turned off, all three of them stood up and waited as the doctor exit. They look at him in anticipation.

"H-how is it?" Solar asked him hesitantly.

"The operation was a success," he assured her. "Her life is no longer in danger." Solar sigh in relieve at the doctor words.

"Then will Byul-Yi unnie wake up soon?" Whee-In questioned.

"That we cannot determined at this time."

"What do you mean doctor?" Solar demanded.

"Patient with head injuries can wake within a day, a month, or longer. It varies from patient to patient, therefore I cannot give you a definite answer as to when the patient will wake up."

"…" Solar was shaken a little by the news.

"There's something else you should know as well," the doctor continued. Solar stared at him eyes wide open. "There's a possibility the patient will lose her memory. Whether it's temporary or permanent, selective or all, we are unsure until the patient wakes up."

"What do you…!" Hwasa raised her voice and Whee-In stopped her with her hand pressed against Hwasa's lips.

"Thank you doctor," Whee-In said her hands still covering Hwasa's mouth and Hwasa tries to peel it off but to no avail.

When Whee-In let go of Hwasa she was about to yell again but Whee-In motioned with her head toward Solar and Hwasa stopped. The old doctor left, two nurses and another doctor came out from the emergency room pushing Moonbyul along. Solar, Hwasa, and Whee-In followed closely behind and entered room 333 together. The nurses and doctor left after they finish setting up the equipment and setting Moonbyul down in the room. Solar trembling legs move closer to Moonbyul, her eyes were teary again. She reach out her hands and wanted to caress Moonbyul's face but suddenly stop midway.

"Look at my hands," she says to Moonbyul trying to sound cheery, "they are dirty. I shouldn't make you dirty. I'll go wash them right away!" Then she darted off to the bathroom a couple of paces to the left. She scrubs her hands with soap and washes her face, but she couldn't get the blood off her clothes. She was angry with herself for not being able to get rid of the blood. Whee-In and Hwasa watched her with a worried expression shown on their faces. Solar fixed her hair and went back to Moonbyul, she sat down on the chair next to the bed and held Moonbyul's hand. She began talking to Moonbyul again.

"I couldn't get the blood off my clothes. I look a mess don't I?" She said in an apologetic tone. "I know you like neat girls, I'll try to clean it better! I promise, so don't be angry ok?" Solar held Moonbyul's hand to her face.

"Unnie ah…" Hwasa came over and softly say, "We will go and pack some clothes for you and Byul-Yi unnie. We'll also get some food for you, is there anything you want?"

Solar shook her head in reply.

"We'll be back soon ok?" Hwasa and Whee-In gave Solar a hug and left. As they were leaving the hospital Hwasa asks Whee-In something that made her unhappy.

"Life is really unpredictable isn't it," Hwasa says sighing, "We just saw Byul-Yi unnie this morning laughing and teasing Yong-Sun unnie, but now…" she stop herself from continuing. "If something like that happens to me, what would you do?"

Whee-In suddenly stops and angrily looks at Hwasa. She didn't respond to Hwasa question, instead she lets go of Hwasa's hand and stomped off. Hwasa ran off after her, link their arms together and place her head on Whee-In's shoulder.

"Don't joke about something like that!" Whee-In exclaimed sternly.

"I know I was wrong, forgive me?" Hwasa asks cutely. Whee-In smiles and caress Hwasa's hair as a gesture of her forgiveness, then they head toward their car.