Chapter 7

YOU ARE MY HEART: Original Ver.

"H…hey w…wa…wake up…wake up sleepy head…"

Solar eyes slowly opens, as the blurriness slowly vanishes she noticed Moonbyul was squatting down to her height, her face not far from Solar's. Moonbyul was smiling like a dork while poking Solar's cheek.

"Sleepy head," Moonbyul repeated every time her finger touches Solar's cheek.

Solar began to tears up and Moonbyul's smile vanish.

"What's wrong?" Moonbyul said in a concern voice, "Did I hurt you?"

Solar sat up and shook her head, "I'm just really happy," Solar replied while trying to wipe away her tears.

Moonbyul held Solar's hands and gently lay them down. She reached up and helped Solar wiped away the tears falling from her angelic face. Solar felt Moonbyul soft and warm hands brushing her face and holding her cheeks. Solar wrapped her arms around Moonbyul's neck and fell onto her. Moonbyul fell backward onto the floor with Solar on top of her. Solar rubbing her face on Moonbyul's chest. Her hands was gripping onto Moonbyul's coat. She sniffle and tears continue to fall. Moonbyul's hugged her tightly and softly asked.

"What's wrong?"

"I had a bad dream," Solar answered hesitantly.

"What about?" Moonbyul asked while running her fingers through Solar's hair and hugging Solar with her other arm.

"You got injured," Solar continued while laying still on Moonbyul's chest letting Moonbyul caresses her. "When you woke up you didn't remember me. No matter how much I pleaded to you, you wouldn't believe me. You kept pushing me away. I was really scared and alone. I felt helpless and I didn't know what to do. Don't ever do that to me!" She slaps Moonbyul's chest.

"Ow…" Moonbyul looks at Solar and says, "But I didn't do anything."

"Hmph, you did," Solar protested, "You made me cry from my dream."

Moonbyul tightly hug Solar and said jokingly, "What if that really happens?"

Solar lifted up her head up angrily and slapped Moonbyul twice on the shoulder harder this time. She was about to slap Moonbyul again but Moonbyul caught her hand and kissed it.

"I understand. Don't be angry anymore. I don’t want you to hurt your hand. It'll pain me to see you hurt in anyway." Moonbyul sweetly uttered then kissed Solar's lips.

"Then don't joke like that…" Solar pouted.

"I know I was wrong, I'm sorry ok?" She softly whispered in Solar's ear.

Solar blushed and nodded.

"You shouldn't fall asleep on the table like that anymore, you might catch a cold. It's winter after all," Moonbyul sternly scolded Solar who repeatedly nodded in response. "You should also refrain from watching too much drama and reading those tragic romance novel. You won't have weird dreams then." Solar kept on nodding her head as Moonbyul continues. "Are you listening to what I'm saying?" Moonbyul asked seriously but Solar jokingly shook her head in the air. "Why you little…"

Moonbyul tickled Solar and they laughed loudly. When they calmed down a bit, Moonbyul told Solar to check her coat pocket and Solar pulled out a wooden pendant.

"Hmm, what's this ugly thing?" Solar said jokingly.

"U-ugly?" Moonbyul looked at Solar in shocked for a moment before she regains her composure, "T-take a closer look, I-I think it's pretty well done." Moonbyul laughs nervously.

"Hmm," Solar pretended not to see Moonbyul flustered face. "Mmm," she was scanning the pendant trying to look serious, but she was just trying to hold back her laughter.

"So what do you think?" Moonbyul asked eagerly.

"It's still pretty ugly," Solar jokes again although she had already figured out that Moonbyul was the one who carved it.

"Fine then give it here," Moonbyul pouted and tried to take the pendant back but Solar held it out of Moonbyul's reach.

"I didn't say I don't want it," Solar sweetly exclaimed.

"But I don't want it to be ugly," Moonbyul protested still trying to reach for the pendant.

"It's mine now so you can't take it back. Put it on for me."

Solar handed the pendant over to Moonbyul, but instead of putting it on for Solar she tugged it away and pretended to not know of any pendant. Solar pouted and hit Moonbyul again then proceeded to squirm around until Moonbyul agreed to put the pendant on for her. Then Solar fell asleep on Moonbyul's chest as Moonbyul held her tightly. Solar felt safe and warm in Moonbyul's embrace. A happiness she thought had disappeared rekindle her heart and made it sweet. It was so sweet she couldn't stop smiling.

When Solar awoke again tears were streaming down her face but she realized that she was also happy for a moment. She slowly sat up on the bed and looked around, Moonbyul was nowhere nearby. Solar wasn't in a familiar place either and she was also alone. She felt drained and although she tries to smile she couldn't feel any happiness within her. She touched the pendant on her neck, the one Moonbyul had given her long ago. Moonbyul had carved the sun and moon dancing together, an eternal dance for each other. Solar turned the pendant around and read the words carved on the back 'Moon <3 Sunrise Forever'. Solar's tears fell onto the pendant.

She place the pendant inside of her shirt when suddenly she heard a loud 'Bang!' coming from the hallway but it wasn't the sound of gunshot. She took the needle out from her arm and peaked out the room. She heard screaming and commotion coming down the hall. It sounded like Hwasa so she went closer to inspect. There were also other patients pretending to do their own things but was curious on what was happening. As she gets closer she realized it was Moonbyul's hospital room. She looked in through the glass window on the door and saw Moonbyul holding onto her stomach, her face looks angry. Hwasa was jumping, her legs constantly kicking the air while Whee-In tightly hugged her from behind not letting her go.

Solar pushed the door open and steps inside. The door creeks and Moonbyul, Hwasa, and Whee-In turned toward Solar's direction. The moment Solar steps in Hwasa stopped screaming and kicking the air. Whee-In let go of Hwasa and Moonbyul looked even more irritated.

"Unnie!" Hwasa ran toward Solar, "What are you doing out of bed? You should rest."

Solar was looking at Moonbyul who was angrily looking away in another direction before she turned over to Hwasa and Whee-In, "What are you two doing?" Solar asked sternly.

"We just wanted to make Byul-Yi unnie apologize to you for what happened…" Hwasa answered while looking down on the ground.

Solar gently petted Hwasa and headed toward Moonbyul. She reached her hand towards Moonbyul's belly and asked, "Are you ok?"

Before Solar's hand got closed enough for her to touch Moonbyul's belly, Moonbyul grabbed Solar's wrist and spoke harshly, "No thanks to you and your friends." Then she lets go of Solar's wrist and got up off the chair putting distance between them. She looks out the window away from Solar, Hwasa, and Whee-In.

Hwasa wanted to hit Moonbyul again but Whee-In grabbed her wrist. When Hwasa turned to look at Whee-In, Whee-In shook her head to let Hwasa knows that's not a good idea right now, "What do you mean by that!?" Hwasa exclaimed loudly instead but when Solar looked at her she quieted down as she mumbles something nasty looking at Moonbyul.

Whee-In nudges Hwasa to stop but Hwasa ignored it.

Solar turns toward Moonbyul. She took a deep breath, sighed, then spoke, "I don't understand why you won't believe me."

"I don't see why I should," Moonbyul answered coldly, her back facing toward Solar.

"If I can show you prove right now will you believe me?" Solar asked in a serious tone but Moonbyul didn't answer. Solar nodded her head and said, "Ok, I'll show you the truth. I spent a month in here. My things are everywhere. I'll find them and show you the truth."

Whee-In and Hwasa looked at each other in confusion. They couldn't understand what Solar and Moonbyul was talking about. Is this suppose to be a new form of lover's quarrel, they thought. But they didn't understand so they shrug in unison.

Solar went over to the closet first and open it to show Moonbyul her clothes, but she found none. At first she thought she had just overlooked them but when she carefully scan through each one she still couldn't find her own clothing. She looked for her box of mint chocolate next, the 241st that Moonbyul gave her, but it was nowhere to be found. She frantically looked for it, it's important to her. It had a message Moonbyul wrote just for her inside and she wanted to find it again. She searched and searched but couldn't find it.

"Are you done?" Moonbyul angrily exclaimed still facing away from Solar.

Hwasa wanted to jump at Moonbyul but Whee-In held her hand tightly, and seeing Solar there she had no choice but to calm down for now.

"I probably brought it home," Solar mumbles to herself and look on the ground for her bag of clothes she brought earlier. It had also disappeared. She was dumbfounded.

"Did you see a bag of clothes here?" She asked looking at Whee-In and Hwasa.

"It was here when we came in earlier to find you. I haven't seen it though," Hwasa answered and Whee-In shook her head.

"Did you see it Byul-Kong?" Solar turns toward Moonbyul but Moonbyul didn't answer, "Byul-Yi si?" It was the first time Solar had to refer to Moonbyul that way.

"I don't know," Moonbyul said indifferently.

"There still one place left," Solar went into the bathroom to look for her essentials but they were also gone. Her towels, her shampoo, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, everything. She couldn't believe it, everything she'd left here in Moonbyul's room have vanished. Everything that belonged to her was gone, everything was wiped clean just like Moonbyul's memories of her. She started breathing heavily but she was able to calm herself before something happened. She looks at herself in the mirror. She can see the exhaustion in herself. She doesn't know what but she knows now that something is not right. Her belongings couldn't simply have disappeared. She tried to stay strong as she walked out of the bathroom with this new revelation. She look at Moonbyul and declared to herself that she will fight back. She will make Moonbyul remembers her again. She will go to the end of the world if she have to, to bring her heart back home.

"Will you stop being angry if I leave?" Solar bit her lips as she utter the words she didn't want to.

Moonbyul didn't respond to her, she didn't look at her either. Solar motioned for Whee-In and Hwasa to leave. Hwasa was hesitant but Whee-In pulled her away. As Solar opened the door she stop for a moment, turned toward Moonbyul and said.

"Know this," Solar declared in a challenging tone, "I won't let go of you."

With that declaration Moonbyul finally turned around towards Solar and their eyes met in a battling gaze for the first time.