It's warm...

Thirteen Months

“And you are...?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrow.

“Your new neighbor, music technology trainee Jang Liyeong,” I grumbled in Korean. Might as well go full-out, I reasoned. Besides, I didn’t want him to think he was getting treated any different just because he’s a star. Jonghyun’s ego was big enough as it was.

“And you are here because...?” Jonghyun raised the other eyebrow. That’s really annoying. I raised my eyebrows back at him, and he looked bemused.

“Did I not just tell you?” I said. Who cares if it was in English. “What is that banging noise anyway?”

“I’ll tell them to stop, if you just leave and quit bothering us,” Jonghyun answered.

Them? Stop? Did 2Min actually exist?!?!?!?!? I nearly laughed out loud at that and told my brain to shut up. “Fine by me,” I shrugged. I turned to leave, when I heard a voice call, “Who’s at the door?”

“No one important,” Jonghyun called back. “GO,” he hissed. I left, rolling my eyes. So weird. Hot he definitely was, but weird. Annoying too.

I tried to open my door, but the handle remained stiff. I stared at the sensor. DUH, I smacked myself. I didn’t have my keycard. I reached for my pocket, but then I remembered I was wearing sweats and didn’t have a pocket. I couldn’t have possibly left it in the room, not on my first night... “$^&%*&^!@#$%!” I yelled. The door to 811 opened again.

“You were saying about being considerate earlier...?” Jonghyun smirked. Arrghhhh I’m really not coming across well. He understands more English than I thought...

“Sorry, I left my room key in the room,” I mumbled. I didn’t want to stay out in the hallway all night, it was cold and I was only in my cami and sweats. “Can I come in?”

“Fine, just get in here already, I’m starting to feel sorry for you,” Jonghyun muttered, grabbing my arm and pulling me in. “Ugghhh! Why are you—OW!” Somehow his pulling had made me run straight into his chest, which I could tell was extremely muscular. I wanted to let go right away, but it was so warm...Dammit why are all hot guys jerks?

“Watch your honorifics, you definitely don’t look older than me,” Jonghyun said in my ear, which was buried in the heat of his body.

“Whatever,” I said. A little voice in the back of my head warned me that hanging onto an annoying guy for warmth and going into his dormitory with four other guys inside was not the best idea, but the voice was soon shut up by my crazy fangirling mind. Aish.

[Jonghyun’s POV]

So we’re all playing that zoo game and as usual, Key and Onew get a little too crazy about it, bouncing off the walls. Like literally. Especially Onew, with his crazy sangtae. Then the doorbell rings and I get distracted so I’m unanimously voted to go answer it. Who could be here at this hour anyway?

It’s a girl. In sweats and a cami. She does not look happy and rants me out in some random English mush, but I know she’s basically complaining about Onew hyung. Then she sees my face and her jaw drops. HAHAHAHA that’s actually really funny, she didn’t know she was talking to me! She seems kind of crazy. But her hair is really pretty, and she has a nice figure. Jang Liyeong, she says? Hmmm...

Wtf are you thinking Jonghyun, I tell myself. I proceed to talk to her very coolly, raising my eyebrows one at a time. It pisses her off. Onew asks who it is, but I don’t tell him. I don’t want the others to know about her just yet. Besides he’d probably make fun of me. So I tell her to go and she does.

I’m just turning around to go back to the bedroom when I hear another torrent of English. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that girl was cursing, I mean that tone of voice is universal. I open the door to tell her off like she did to me earlier. She asks if she can come in. WHAT NERVE. But it’s kind of amusing. She makes me laugh, most of the fangirls just make me groan. Heck, I sprained my ankle because of them.

So I pull her in, but it took a lot less energy than I anticipated. She comes crashing into me, yelling. Well done, Jonghyun, well done. I felt really self-conscious all of a sudden. Why was she resting her head in my chest with her arms wrapped around me? More importantly, why did I feel GOOD about it?

“Watch your honorifics,” I mutter in her ear. She comes back at me with a “whatever.” I walk her into the living room, where we both plop down on the couch. Oh no here come the guys. How exactly will this turn out?

[Liyeong’s POV]

Something is wrong with this picture. I’m holding on to a jerk for dear life and sitting on his couch just because it’s cold. I quickly pulled away. The last thing I wanted him – and the others – to think was that I was throwing myself at them.

“Hey,” the guys I recognize as Onew, Taemin, Minho, and Key traipse into the living room.

“Ohhhhhh, Jonghyun-ah, who’s this?” Taemin smiled. He looked so darn pretty.

“She’s our new neighbor who left her key in her room,” Jonghyun grumbled. “What should we do with her?”

“Let her spend the night, of course,” Minho said.

--------------------

...and that's it for now! writer's block, i'm so tired. School tmw, ugh ToT i'll try to post more this weekend!