A Girlfriend?!

Thirteen Months

A/N: Ok, so before you read this, I would just like to say, congrats to Jonghyun and Shin Sekyung! I will admit I was a bit disappointed at first, but then again, there's a fangirl in each of us here. The news definitely put a twist on a lot of fanfics, this included. In any case, if she makes him happy, I'm happy :) And, if you're even thinking about bashing out on one or both of them, kindly leave, or don't do it here. thanks :) and comment/sub please! So I don't feel like everyone's died in a hole or something. Ok I've babbled long enough, here's the update :)

"AHHHHHHH!" We both screamed in unison.

He was so goddamn hot.

That six-pack.

Those biceps.

Those pelvic lines.

The size of it.

I wondered what he would feel like?

SHUT UP STUPID HORMONES, I thought, composing myself in less than a split second.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” we hollered at the same time, Jonghyun whipping the towel around his pelvis, me suddenly staring very intently at a speck on the carpet.

“Aish, what are you talking about, this is my dorm~” Jonghyun yelled. He had a point there.

“Choeseonghabnida, choeseonghabnida,” I dropped to my knees, pressed my palms together, and quickly bowed several times with my eyes shut, trying guiltily to wash away the dirty thoughts from earlier. “I didn’t see anything, I promise.”

“Pshh. Yeah right,” Jonghyun smirked. “I totally saw you staring.”

“No I didn’t! Really!” I insisted.

“Uh-huh, but I saw your eyes glued to this machine.” Jonghyun was practically singing now. Machine?! What an ego. Why did all hot guys have to be big-headed jerks, huh?

“Machine, my .” I was still bowed to the floor, but I could feel my cheeks turning hot. I shook my hair to cover my face so he wouldn’t see it. “Stop thinking you’re so attractive, I promise it will do you a whole lotta good,” I said with as much attitude as I could. It was kind of a fail.

“Whatever. Would you mind leaving now? I have to get ready.”

“What could you possibly have to get ready for? A date?” I scoffed.

“As a matter of fact, I’m heading to Samsung-dong to meet my date now, so kindly leave me in privacy. The door is that way, thank you very much, I’ll be seeing you hopefully not too soon in the future.”

Huh? Was he telling the truth or not? He’d never mentioned a girlfriend before. “Come on, I said I was sorry.”

“Aish, how dense are you? Your brain is like a piece of tofu. Didn’t I just tell you I was getting ready to meet my girlfriend?”

“Does she have a name?”

“Shin Sekyung.”

“The actress?!?!?!?” I couldn’t keep the shock from spilling over.

“Yeah, why? Now will you please let me get ready in privacy, for the last time?!” Jonghyun said exasperatedly while fixing his fringe in the mirror. I nodded and stumbled to the door.

He was actually being serious. Girlfriend?! This obnoxious immature child?! With Shin Sekyung?! And why was I feeling an invisible stab of pain in my chest as those words sunk in?

There was absolutely NO WAY that I was JEALOUS.

Over Kim Jonghyun.

NO.

ING.

WAY.

There was nothing lovable about the man.

And I had a great relationship developing with Onew oppa, for crying out loud. Onew, a man of brains, talent, humor, heart, aegyo/sangtae, and of course...chicken...the thought made me want to laugh.

But why else would I feel an indescribable urge to be Shin Sekyung right now?

I was just about to leave the room, when I suddenly stopped. Jonghyun was talking to himself. What about? I left the door ajar and tiptoed through the living room towards the bathroom, scooting myself flat against the wall so he wouldn’t hear or see me.

“...aish, it’s still not right,” I heard him grumble while spritzing a few more sprays of hairspray. Then I smelled a weird odor coming from the bathroom. It had the strange scent of...chicken? Obviously Jonghyun realized this too. “AISH, ONEW HYUNG, you @#$%^&*^%$#! Was it really necessary to put your stupid chicken in my cologne and hairspray?!” I sensed a storm coming and dashed to the door but hesitated there, curiosity getting the better of me again. I ducked into the hall storage closet and peeked out of the door crack at the window. It wasn’t raining anymore, so why was I hearing showers...OH. Jonghyun must have gone in to retake his shower thanks to Onew. Heehee Leader oppa is so sneaky, he had a fit of sangtae, I giggled. And Jonghyun really cares.

Then I heard singing. It was clearly Jonghyun’s voice. I tried to make out the words. It seemed like a confession of love. But why hadn’t I heard it before? Was it a new song they were working on? I listened more carefully and caught the words “Shin Sekyung” this time.

He’d composed her a serenade?!

I rushed out of the closet, out of the guys’ dorm, and back into my own, running onto the bed and lying there. I could still hear the singing a bit, thanks to the intelligently un-soundproofed walls, as I’d discovered the first night.

Jonghyun must really like her, I sighed, and closed my eyes.

-------------------------------

Oh dearie dear.
Is she in denial?
Does she like both of them?
Will she get either?
While reading through this and some of the previous chapters it seems like my tone of voice and writing style kind of changes really drastically sometimes. does it seem that bipolar to you all? I think it's cause I write these when I'm tired...hehe...sleepy time now. hasta manana ;)