Surprise...

Thirteen Months

“Let her spend the night, of course,” Minho said.

“MINHO-AH!” Taemin gasped. “That’s not okay! She’s a girl!” His eyes widened in horror and shock. I resisted the urge to giggle. Don’t worry Taemin, I wanted to say, I wouldn’t dream of doing anything with your hyungs. Especially Jonghyun. I personally didn’t care too much, this wasn’t the first co-ed sleepover I’d be having.

“So?” Minho said. “As long as she’s okay with it right?”

“I don’t know...” Taemin’s voice quivered. “I’ve never had a girl stay at my place before. Onew hyung, do you think this is okay?”

Onew had been quietly standing by the window the whole time. “Uh- uhm- what- ok- sure?” he finally managed to say. I knew he was shy, but he was so unfocused Taemin’s question was like a lightning bolt waking him up again. Why did he seem so distracted?

[Onew’s POV]

Oh my god. What to do? I walk into the living room and see Jonghyun with a girl in only sweats and a cami who I swear was hugging him right before we came in. I need to have a word with Jonghyun. If he’s going to do that with her it can’t be at our place, especially around Taemin. Jonghyun knows how hard it is for Taemin to handle this stuff. Gosh.

“Ohhhhhh, Jonghyun-ah, who’s this?” Taemin smiled. I took a closer look at the girl. She was actually quite pretty. Not hot or cute, pretty. Her figure was slim but not petite, and her hair and skin were flawless, despite the half-awake look she had. Wonder if she’s smart? Too bad she was already taken, I thought, gazing at the floor by the window so no one would think I was staring at her.

I heard the others talking, but whatever they said went in one ear and out the other. One thing was for sure, I had to get to know her better. Even friends would be okay, I mused. Then I heard Taemin’s shaky voice, “Onew hyung, do you think this is okay?”

Stuttering and distracted, I guess I ended up saying fine, though to what I wasn’t sure.

“Fine, you can sleep on the couch,” Jonghyun conceded. “But as soon as you wake up we’re getting your room key so you can get out of here. Aish.”

“Ok by me,” she shrugged and said lazily, “I’m really tired.

Did I just agree to her sleeping here? MWOH?! She’s either really REALLY tired or one of those ty fangirl types who dreams of drugging us in our sleep. Aigoo, I dearly hope it’s the first one. I walked back to the bedroom slowly, thinking about her as I climbed up the ladder to my bunk.

[Taemin’s POV]

This noona is pretty. Or at least I think she’s a noona? She could be my age. And Minho has to ruin it by asking her to spend the night. Doesn’t he know what that means? D:

She said okay, but I was still apprehensive. I’ve never had a girl overnight before. But Onew hyung said okay so I feel better. Really, Minho is usually such a gentleman, I wonder why he went all lax this time?

Hmm, well we have a full weekend ahead of us, so I think I’ll go to bed now.

[Liyeong’s POV]

They agreed I could sleep on the couch. Fine by me, as long as they stayed in their bedroom and didn’t make any noise. Heck, it’s not like they would do anything, right? I really wanted to talk to them, but I figured I had months ahead of me to do that. Hopefully that would fix any bad first impressions they’d gotten, right? Haha...I only vaguely remembered someone putting a blanket over me before I entered dreamland again.

(the next morning)

[just a third-person narrator xD]

After getting dressed, the five guys went to go wake Liyeong up. They all had to admit she wasn’t hot or cute in the conventional sense, but she had an aura of beauty. Even though she was grumpy and tired when they’d met, they wanted to get to know her better. However, she was still sleeping.

“Wake up, sleepyhead,” Key nudged her. She didn’t move, but stayed fast asleep.

“No Key umma, you have to do it more forcefully. Like this. WAKE UP,” Jonghyun shook her.

“You guys, just set an alarm clock or something. Sheesh,” Minho chuckled. Jonghyun and Key ignored, poking Liyeong and seeing who would be the one to wake her up. 

“YAH! Stop being so aggressive. If she wants to sleep let her sleep. Let’s just go already,” Onew grumbled. The four boys stared at each other wide-eyed. Onew hyung was GRUMPY?!?! The girl must be cursed, they each thought silently, not knowing what to make of her.

“Neh, oppa,” a voice mumbled. The five guys all whirled around to look at Liyeong.

“Nae Shinee oppa, kajima (don’t go),” she continued talking in her sleep. “Neol wonhae (I want you).”

The guys stared at each other dumbfounded. Which of them could she be referring to? Each silently wondered as they left the room.

When they returned from breakfast and grocery shopping a few hours later, they were shocked to find Liyeong still fast asleep. Just as they finished putting away the groceries, someone knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” Minho called.

“It’s Leeteuk, can we come in? We wanted to have lunch in the dorm with our favorite dongsaengs,” the Super Junior leader called through the door.

“What to do, what to do?” Taemin gasped as his eyes widened.

“Calm down, dongsaeng,” Minho whispered. “Uhhh I don’t know if that would be a good idea,” he called back to Leeteuk. “We...umm...Taeminnie has a stomachache, I think we ate some weird congee for breakfast.”

“Yah, what’d you say that for?” Taemin pouted.

“Ok fine, maybe next week,” Leeteuk agreed. The Shinee members all breathed a sigh of relief.

“Whew, I’m glad he didn’t try to come in,” Key said. “The keycards for this building aren’t too accurate. I can get into a lot of other rooms with mine. Remember when we played that joke on Sulli—”

“AISH Key we’re so stupid! Why didn’t we just think of using our room key on Liyeong’s dorm last night?” Jonghyun smacked his forehead. “Come on let’s wake her up now, maybe she’ll respond better.” He tried shaking her again, but Onew tugged on his arm.

“Hajima (Don’t do that),” Onew said, “let’s just go buy some chicken and head to Leeteuk hyung’s place.” He felt self-conscious around this girl, even if she was sound asleep.

“That’s a good idea, we’ll just say I got better,” Taemin said, and the five of them left, trying to ignore the fact that a random girl had been sleeping for nearly twelve hours on their couch.

(an hour after they leave)

[Liyeong’s POV]

“Eunnnhhh,” I yawned as I woke up from a refreshing dream about the great days I would spend at SM Academy. Those language classes in particular. And I vaguely remembered another dream where I was tightly locked in an embrace...in bed...with one of the Shinee members. I had wanted him more than anything, but he was about to leave. I just couldn’t remember the face though; it was too cloudy. Sitting upright, I realized my felt kind of wet. What could it be—

ANIYO~ Could they really have done that? I thought better of their character. Even Jonghyun wouldn’t have done that to me...but maybe that dream hadn’t been a dream...I screamed and stood up. Then I screamed again as I saw a red heart-shaped stain on their white couch. It was fresh. Of course...the travelling...had probably messed up my cycle like it usually did. I’d completely forgotten about that. I dashed to the kitchen, grabbed some paper towels, and flipped through the cabinets hurriedly looking for vinegar. I found a bottle and blotted some on the paper towel, running back to the couch to scrub it out. Thank goodness my sweats were black. Most of it was coming out, but there was still some left. I heard the door handle turn and Jonghyun's distinctive voice going, "I wonder if she's awake this time." CRAP. Think of a story, Liyeong, quick...

----------------

Whew. This chapter was sort of random. sorry if it switched pov's a bit too much. please comment, if you have constructive criticisms i really want to hear them! if you like subscribe! :D please and thank you <3