Uh-oh.

Thirteen Months

like the title? haha. it's actually not that funny, but I'm so tired I'm hyper. this semi-high state of mind may be reflected in this chapter. xD

-----------------------------------------

Whew. I checked my schedule to see if I had anything else, but...nope, that sitting in on a recording session wasn’t until tomorrow. I wondered who I would be observing? Now that I thought about it, I couldn’t quite believe how it had all happened.

I’d said it was just going downstairs for chicken, and somehow that meant we were going out?

Why hadn’t I said anything against it?

Even if Onew was my favorite member, wasn’t this all a bit sudden?

And why did I feel just a little uncomfortable after seeing Jonghyun’s face earlier?

Time for stress relief. I dashed up to a practice room and shut the door, plopping all my bags on the chair in the corner. I opened the piano lid and smiled. It was a Yamaha. Finally a decent practice room. Probably because it costs so much, I thought with a twang of guilt, remembering my parents and dongsaeng back at home.

What should I play? With a flash of inspiration, I put my hands on the piano, and let them begin singing one of my favorite Chopin nocturnes. All of my concerns washed away like sand on a beach, as the passionate, emotional harmonies and melodies intertwined with every touch of my fingers. The sound was so alive, I could almost breathe it, until it was just me and the music...

[Onew’s POV]

O...O...Omo. I didn’t even notice I ran into that door, I was so distracted. Liyeong thought we were dating? I was flattered, but something just didn’t seem right. Even though I really did feel attracted to her, somehow, something, wasn’t quite fitting. All the members had been jumping on me before I could think straight.

Stumbling up the stairs to I-don’t-even-know-where, the sound of Chopin began to fill up my ears. It was so beautiful, I forgot what I was thinking about. I just stood there like a fool, inching towards the source of the music. It was coming from a practice room.

I knocked softly on the door, but whoever was playing didn’t hear me. I just wanted to drop in and tell them how amazing it sounded, so I quietly opened the door and entered. It was Liyeong, but she didn’t even notice me. I couldn’t believe a 17-year-old girl, with whom I was just laughing and talking with before, was playing a nocturne with such depth, beauty, and maturity.

When she finished, I kept staring in awe. If only I could do that. Then she looked up and did a double take when she saw me.

“Oh, mianhae,” I said quickly. “It was just...your playing is so rich and beautiful. You play Chopin really well. But don’t let me interrupt.”

“Thanks,” she said, putting down the piano lid as she stood up and gathered her bags. All of a sudden I felt awkward again.

“So...umm...” I began. “About earlier...”

“Umm, yeah...” she said simultaneously. “About that...”

“I don’t...” I didn’t really know what I was supposed to say. Why didn’t they ever teach this in school? How to talk to a girl in all sorts of various awkward situations? “Wait you go ahead,” I said.

“Umm...I don’t know how to say this but...” Liyeong bit her lip. Why was she so goddamn beautiful no matter what she did or said? Like a goddess or something. “Onew oppa, I really really like you. From the minute I saw you...actually even before I saw you, you were practically my ideal guy. Smart, cute, unique, kind-hearted, musical, talented, and good-looking too.” She paused and blushed. “But I don’t really...think we’re going out. It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s just that I need some time to get to know a guy in person. And I feel like 3 days and a conversation over chicken isn’t really enough to be a relationship. I’m not saying I don’t want you, ever, I’m just saying not now.” The words rushed out of her, flooding my heart. She looked down, trying to hide her face so I couldn’t read her expression.

At first, I felt disappointed. I hadn’t met her expectations? What? Was she really just like another one of those shallow fangirls? But then I realized she had a point; everything she said had been true. It was only a conversation over chicken, and we’d barely known each other for a weekend. However much time she wanted to take, I was willing to wait. Wow my feelings sound really cheesy.

I finally spoke. “It’s okay,” I assured her. “Don’t feel obligated, you know.” Ughh how embarrassing my voice cracked at the end right there. Don’t get all emotional, Jinki.

Liyeong smiled and looked up. Was she crying?! She sniffed ever so slightly and said, “Thanks, oppa,” before coming over and giving me a gentle hug. I was completely unprepared. Where was I supposed to put my arms? Would it be if I just left them on her waist? Or would it be weird if I moved them up to her shoulders? I’m calling the Ministry of Education about some new classes they need to add. I finally decided to hug her at her waist. I felt the skin on the small of her back where her jacket rose up slightly on her body; it was soft and smooth. I wanted to stay there forever.

But all too soon, she broke away. “I have to go,” she said.

“Um, okay, I have musical practice anyway,” I whispered feebly. I didn’t want to let go just yet, but the rational half of my brain told me she really only wanted friends right now. Oh well. I’ll wait, Jang Liyeong.

I had a sinking feeling that I would only fall more in love with her the more we got to know each other.

[Liyeong’s POV]

All the way to the dorm, I wondered if I had made the right decision.

I could have used the convenient opportunity from this morning’s language class to make it “official” with Onew.

But I didn’t.

Maybe he wouldn’t like me anymore by the time I was ready for a relationship with him.

Maybe he’d just given up on me right then and there.

Maybe he hated me for that stupid cheesy speech I gave him in the practice room.

What was the use of all these maybe’s anyway?

Naturally, I turned towards the pantry to solve my problems. Ramen ramen ramen. Liyeong wants ramen. But I couldn’t find it. Where there had been two bowls of instant noodles this morning on the shelf, there was just emptiness.

Key is behind this, I growled. What a devil.

Since the ramen ninja monster had been awakened, I decided to get my revenge. Taking my keycard (which I hadn’t forgotten since that other incident), I snuck into the guys’ room next door. I heard a pitter-patter noise, then looked out and realized it was because of the rain. Where was that crazy Key and everyone else anyway? It was oddly quiet, except for a weird muffled singing-like noise. Or maybe it was honking. I wasn’t sure, but it stopped soon afterward, so I ignored it.

I quietly opened their pantry door, checking for any signs of kidnapped ramen. There were none. I peeked inside the trash can and saw two empty ramen bowls. AISH KEY, YOU’RE GETTING IT WHEN YOU COME HOME. AND WHOEVER ELSE ATE THE OTHER BOWL, YOU TOO. I NEVER AGREED TO SHARE MY RAMEN. Rolling my eyes, I headed out of the kitchen and into the living room when the bathroom door opened.

“AHHHHHHHHH!” we both screamed in unison.

---------------------------

so haha yeah, this was pretty random.
hope you like the update!
question for thought: it's probably obvious what the person at the very end of the chapter was doing but who is it? o.O lol
comments and subbers always appreciated! <33
btw, if anyone knows of a good poster artist, that would be lovely. Or if you can explain the whole direct link business to me, because the pic I found is not on photobucket.....
OK i'll shut up now. haha. till next time! ^^