1O ROCK

The Daily Lives of Seventeen

A/N

Suggestive themes- sorrynotsorry 


 

Alot of people may wonder how the song "Rock" was made, specifically, what it was inspired by, what made jihoon write the song, why Mingyu didnt write any lyrics for it and what made the lyrics become well, what they are.

It was simple, it was 2am in the morning and they were stressed. Really stressed. Stressed to the point where they wanted to get a song over and done with. Coincidently, Jihoon composed a song on another day where he was stressed again and was in his tiny locked up studio at 3am. What they had to do now was to write the lyrics.

"Ughhh.. first we need to think of a theme right?" The leader let out a loud groan, sprawled down on the practice room ground with his notebook and pen on the ground, well, thrown on the ground, so the pen was rolled far away to somewhere probably no one can ever find anymore.

"Yea.. uh- god. We already wrote lyrics for like 3 other songs, can we stop for now??" Hansol complained, laying down on the ground as well, with his back on the cold floor unlike the leader.

Wonwoo was on his laptop, most likely online shopping again, completely drained and ignoring everyone. The boy had his earphones on and plugged in with the volume on quite loud. He was occupying two chairs, one where he sat on and the other comfortably supporting his legs.

"Hyung."

Wonwoo ignored Mingyu, who brought back two cups of coffee after making them for the rest of the members as well.

"HYUNG"

"What?? You called?" Wonwoo took his earphones out immediatedly and looked at the other, as if surprised.

"I called for you. What are you doing?"

I want to do you. What. Wow. I must be stressed to think like that.

"Hyung, why are you staring at me like that?" The younger asked, kicking the chair a little before laughing.

God. He is so cute.

"Mingyu"

"Wonwoo"

Wonwoo sat up straight, placed his laptop down and looked at Mingyu straight in the eyes.

There was a moment of silence, Hansol and Seungcheol sat up again and looked at the two, there was some sort of tension, kind of a between the two boys they were staring at. For some reason, the two observers didn't seem disturbed by it at all, rather, somewhat .

See, this is what happens when they're stressed.

Mingyu leaned down a little, placing his hands on the shoulder of Wonwoo and leaned in closer.

They were going to kiss. Everyone in the room knew it.

Wonwoo didn't hesitate either, leaning in as well.

Closer and closer.

Well. That was really all the had become when the younger of the two somehow, if possible, leaned right into the older's arms and fell asleep. His forehead right against the order's shoulders and neck.

"Are you kidding me" Surprisingly,  the one who spoke first was the leader.

"That's all? Is he really asleep?!" Hansol added, crossing his arms and raised an eyebrow looking at the tall boy who had fallen asleep right in the others arms.

"What the f---" was all Wonwoo could mumble out before facepalming.

The three hip hop unit members who were still alive as they called in then proceeded to carry the 'dead' boy to the couch.

"What the hell just happened" Hansol started after breaking the silence.

"Nothing" Wonwoo simple shrugged and answered.

"Let's not talk about this again" The oldest of them added in with a nod.

"I honestly felt kind of hard..."

"WHAT?!" The two stared at Wonwoo with judging eyes.

"HARD! BECAUSE OF THE STRESS! LIKE, WRITING LYRICS IS HARD"

"Wonwoo, that doesn't make sense"

"Shut up, you two didn't do anything about it"

"It was kind of a turn on--"

"HANSOL?!" Seungcheol had his eyes wide open, as if he had just taught his child wrong the whole time.

There it was again, the awkward silence where the three of them was just there, kind of sweating, definitely due to the weather.

The only sound that they heard was Mingyu snoring and the continuous repetition of the background music of the song they were suppose to write their lyrics to.

Then another sound was added in. A sound that they're not sure whether or not they want to hear.

It was a groan. A moan. Then another groan.

That was when the three members noticed they weren't the only one in the practice room, there was still lee jihoon. The guy that was suppose to help with writing the lyrics, but ended up locked in his studio again, saying that it was easier to concentrate.

The three hip hop unit members looked at each other, suspiciously, and decided to crawl closer to the room. As they approached, there were little whispers of "yes!" "Yes yes.." "That's it!" With laughter and pants in between.

Of course, when they're all hormomal teenage boys, and stressed, and it was now 2:30am, they all turned red.

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

The three of them counted quietly and individually before the leader hurriedly pressed in the password and busted the door open.

To their disappointment, no, fortunately, Jihoon wasn't doing anything they had thought he was doing, he turned around quickly, with a paper in his hands excitedly and a pen on the other, showing a bunch of scribbled down lyrics.

"I finished my part guys!! Read it and add to it!!" Jihoon seemed happy, very happy by the fact that he had just composed some lyrics to the last song to their second album.

Wonwoo and Hansol sighed in relief, quickly grabbing the paper from the little composers hand and began to read it. Seungcheol on the other hand was still recovering from the fact that Jihoon wasn't doing anything that was in his mind.

I must sleep more. Seungcheol groaned and began to scoot over to the two other members and read.

"Where's Mingyu?"

The three of them didn't hear it. They were too... immersed in reading the lyrics.  Somehow, the three that had calmed and cooled down before began to feel their faces heated up again.

"Is Mingyu asleep?"

Once again, none of them replied. Reading the lyrics was enough for them, somehow, it fit in perfectly with their thoughts and the rhythm of the song. 

"I want to sleep too.."

And so, Jihoon, as if nothing happened began to walk outside his studio, laid himself comfortably on the other couch they had and fell asleep.

"Only you can rock my world.." Wonwoo read out after a while of silence.

"Everything has stopped" Hansol read out.

"My body tensed up... Rock my head?" Seungcheol was the lost to read it out and spoke as if it was a question.

"Oh my god what is this" The leader continued before proceeding to cover Hansol's eyes.

"What the hell hyung I can't see!!"

"You shouldn't see this!!"

Wonwoo didn't speak but simply nodded in approval, not of Seungcheol covering the younger eyes, but of the lyrics.  Honestly, he couldn't take it anymore either. They've just been practicing and practicing.. there was no spare time to... write the lyrics yes.

Leaving the paper on the ground next to the two father and son that was arguing, one trying to protect the others innocence and one that wanted to continue reading again for inspiration, Wonwoo began to crawl himself to the comfortable position he was in and began furiously writing down lyrics and ideas, repeating again and again what he has written whenever he can.

And so, the hip hop unit members, minus Mingyu began writing the lyrics.

--

"This is so wrong." Soonyoung facepalmed at the lyrics Seungcheol had written.

It was currently 6am in the morning and the three hip hop unit members had fallen asleep as well, Soonyoung and Junghan decided to check up on them and therefore was there.

"Thank god Jisoo isn't here" Junghan added in, raising his eyebrows at the lyrics he was reading after picking up the notebooks on the ground.

"What do you think they've been doing?" The performance unit leader asked, tilting his head slightly at the older.

"I'd rather not know"

"I kind of know how to choreograph this though.. hehe"

Junghan simply nodded, not wanting to ask or question on the younger's current thoughts.

--

When Mingyu and Jihoon woke up, they had no idea what had happened either, Soonyoung and Junghan had left again, after putting the notebooks neatly in a pile.

"You take me to the top and straight down like a gyro drop?" Mingyu suddenly suggested, having honestly no idea what he had just said beside the fact that it seemed to be scribbled on Hansol's notebook and sounds cool. Jihoon looked at him with amused eyes, then decided that he would be the one to sing that part.

The two were looking at the lyrics attentively, Jihoon embarassed at what he had actually wrote as Mingyu cheerfully read out every one of the lyrics in order for fun.

"Rock? In caps" Mingyu suggested the name for the song, looking at Jihoon who was now as red as a tomato.

"I- yes"

When all the members gathered up to record and practice for their new song, let's just say, they were all pleasantly surprised by what the Hip Hop unit, minus Mingyu and Jihoon had created.

They all agreed that all their fans would most likely be pleasantly surprised as well, because afterall, they did put in afterall, a lot of effort, and more- in creating those lyrics.

 


 

Author: .. . .

Jihoon: heheh.. I apologize?

Author: ...

Jisoo: I sincerely apologize, I'm sorry, I will bring them to church and clean their sins, but that is, only if the agree.

Author: Thanks but my heart;;

Mingyu: sorry!! We love you~ the push and pull part though.. did you write it while thinking of me hyung?

Wonwoo: what the hell no-

Hansol: lies.

Junhui: what does you take me to the top and straight down like a gyro drop mean?

Hansol: .. .

Seungkwan: you don't want to know.

Minghao: I don't really get it

Junghan: Don't find out please

Author: the dance makes everything worse;;

Soonyoung: WHAT??!! !

 


A/N sorry for not updating in such a long time!! And no birthday thing for Jeonghan sorry;; I have no idea what to write otl but will write one when I think of something.

I don't know what I wrote above.

oops. this is kind of short as well :c

The translations for the lyrics, credits to: seventeen-plz @tumblr

Well, please comment, subscribe, upvote or anything, I hope you liked it!!