003

Temporary Pleasure

Siwan had made up his mind. He changed out of the clothes he had worn to dinner and into something more casual. He then left the hotel to go back and pick up his car. It was only when he was sitting behind the wheel and looking at the address did he realise how ridiculous it was. The porter was probably right - this wasn't the sort of place a person like him should be going to. And yet he was determined, determined not to be boring at least for one night.

 

The address was for a sports club, and the actual fights took place in the basement below. Siwan wore his face mask, but he didn't think people would recognise him anyway, not when they weren't expecting to see him. He paid for entry at the door and went to sit at the back row, just in case.

 

At first, the fights were not interesting to him. Two men fought in a ring, mixed martial arts style while a feverish crowd yelled and egged them on. Taeheon had mentioned a winners prize, and Siwan started to realise there was a financial aspect to these fights which must be fuelling the crowd. He felt foolish for having brought himself to such a place, an illegal gambling house, no doubt. If someone recognised him here it could severely damage his image. He pushed his mask higher and wondered if he should leave quickly, before he was noticed.

 

His thoughts were cut short by a commotion in the ring. The crowd had become even more fired up and one of the fighters was lying flat on his back, with blood flowing from his head. The referee ended the fight and the injured man was taken from the ring. He was not moving, and Siwan wondered how badly he had been hurt.

 

He suddenly thought about Kim Taeheon and his chest tightened. It was hard to imagine the sweet and friendly porter he had met earlier being a ruthless fighter, and he didn't want to imagine him getting hurt.

 

He was kind to me today, and I liked him. Isn't that the only reason I am here now?

 

Kim Taeheon came out while the blood was still being wiped off the floor. Siwan could hear his own heart thumping loudly, and forgetting all the reservations he had earlier, he got up from his seat and moved closer to the ring.

 

Siwan thought he looked kind of beautiful, the way his toned muscular body moved gracefully under his pale skin. He was looking a little nervous, and Siwan was torn between wanting to stop the fight and wanting to see Taeheon in action.

 

The referee called for the start. Taeheon and his opponent circled each other for a while, until his opponent attacked.

 

Throughout the fight Siwan's agitation increased. Every time Taeheon was hit he winced, and yet the sight of Taeheon on his back, breathing heavily, his chest moving up and down stirred something strange inside of Siwan. He wondered what Taeheon would look like during love making, and as hard as he tried, once he had pictured it, he could not erase the picture from his mind.

 

The referee called the end of the match. The crowd was yelling again, but Siwan was oblivious to all of them. He kept his eyes on Taeheon, as he jumped out of the ring, and pushed through the crowd.

 

Siwan's heart was almost in his throat. The thought was spinning in his head.

 

I've never wanted anyone so much in my whole life.

 

Siwan pushed through the raging crowd, but he had completely lost track of Taeheon. He had no interest in staying to watch another fight, he just needed to see Taeheon and that was that.

 

After having no luck in the crowd he pushed through to the stairs and made his way back to ground level. It was dark outside but by the light of a street lamp he could see Taeheon hunched over and walking off somewhere. Siwan chased him.

 

Taeheon was shocked to see Siwan on the street. He bowed awkwardly then looked around.

 

"You came then. I didn't think you would come."

 

"I just saw your fight."

 

Taeheon laughed bitterly. "I lost. If that was the only reason you came I'm sorry I didn't put in a better effort."

 

"That's okay, I don't mind."

 

"Well, I have to go. Have a good night." He bowed again, and started to walk.

 

"Wait, do you want me to take you somewhere? I have a car."

 

Taeheon stopped and turned around. He paused for a moment, then laughed. "I can just walk. Good bye."

 

Siwan felt bitten by this rejection, and he wondered if any of this night had been worth it. He went back to his room feeling gloomy.