Epilogue

You Who Came Into My Life

A/N : THE FINAL CHAPTER :((( I know that I am super late, I'm sorry but I was too busy with my exam last week. Anyway, enjoy~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there, guys. Let me introduce myself. My name is Daehyun Mun and I’m currently a Year 1 high school student (17). I’m sure that you guys have already known about the relationship between my Daddy and Papa. Yes, I have two dads. So? People in my country aren’t very accepting about same couples and I don’t know why. I have two dads and I just felt the same. Let me tell you about it just a little more. Growing up with them are the most fun things in the world and I never regretted having two loving people in my life although we like to bicker. Living with them makes me feel like I have the same thing that other people have from their mothers and fathers. I don’t think that genders matter.

My daddy’s name is Eric Mun and he is the president of my grandfather’s company while my papa’s name is Hyesung Mun and he is the owner of Beans Café where we all first met. The way they raise me are very different but at the same time, it fits. Daddy is the kind of guy who is calm and cool while Papa is loving and kind. Even though Papa is strict, Daddy is stricter especially when it comes to education. It wasn’t like he forced me to study 24/7 but in the sense of he would make sure that I take education seriously.

I still remember when they first told me about what actually happened to my real family. I didn’t say anything because my mind went blank and I didn’t know what to say. All I knew was they gave me some time alone and asked me if I needed anything. Maybe because they were scared that I might do something crazy, so they gave me a long note telling me that what happened to my parents wasn’t my fault and they explained why they didn’t tell me sooner. I didn’t talk so much like how I used to because I didn’t know what to think and that was my bottom point in life. I felt so negative but before I could turn worse, they pulled me straight up. Papa literally hugged me tightly and told me it was fine to cry if I feel hurt, so I cried. The whole night. The next day, Daddy and Papa treated me the same as if they never told me about it and during the weekends, we went to the orphanage and that was when I found out what my Daddy did and I never felt more grateful ever since.

XXX

The next thing that happened was when I couldn’t understand why Daddy and Papa would hide their relationship from other people. At home, they looked like normal couples but outside especially at my house, they acted like casual friends. Every time if I have sport competitions or parents-teachers meetings, they would go separately meaning that they would take turns. The other parents and teachers felt weird why would Papa come because that time Papa was Shin Hyesung and he casually said that he was Daddy’s childhood best friend. So they understood. When I asked Papa about it, he said that some people won’t understand and they didn’t want their relationship affect me at school. But I still didn’t understand. Because it made me feel sad because they cannot show their love to outside world. So what I did was I made a secret plan to make both Papa and Daddy come to my graduation speech when I was 16 because I got the excellent student award for my academic, sports and music excellence.

‘Mr Mun, Mr Shin, you guys came. This is my first time seeing you guys together!’ my homeroom teacher said in a friendly manner.

‘Well, today is a big day for Daehyun. So we have to come’ Papa smiled and after that, we sat at the second row.

I begged the teacher-in-charge in case of anything that might happen when I was about to say my speech. When it was finally my turn, I took a few deep breath and thinking about how my dads were going to kill me but who cares. I ended my middle school anyway!

‘Hello, my name is Daehyun Mun and I would try to make my speech as short as possible. There are a lot of people that I want to talk to but today it’s about two people. There are my dads. Ever since when I was 3, my Daddy met someone and that someone is a guy. I know this might be a sensitive topic but I’m just going to talk about it anyway. I don’t understand why people would think of it as a bad thing because they are just like normal couples and just so you know, they are in a relationship 13 years strong. Thank you for raising me. Thank you for adopting me. And lastly, thank you for loving me. I love you, Daddy, Papa’ I gave my biggest smile although I felt like I was about to cry.

I went back to my seat and I could still see the shocking look on their face. When they looked at me, I bowed politely and sat with them. Throughout the ceremony, they didn’t say anything so I became scared. To make things worse, I heard some teachers and students whispering about that was the reason why Papa always with us. I had enough fearing that my dads would get hurt by the words, so I whispered that I want to go back home because actually I can take the certificates whenever I want.

‘Let’s go home’ I said. I thought they would say no but they just nodded and together we left.

There was an intense tension inside the car, so I didn’t dare to say anything. I was thinking the worst possibilities that could happen in the car because I was so nervous and scared. I tried hard to hold my tears because I don’t want to see me crying. I just followed them until we reached inside our apartment. I halted my steps with both of my hands cleanched.

‘Guys, please say something… I’m not going to apologise about what I said earlier because it was the truth. But…’ that was the breaking point for me when my voice cracked.

‘Please… Please don’t hate me. I-I love you guys so much’ my tears started to fall and the next thing I knew was I received a hug from Papa and Daddy.

‘T-Thank you’ Papa muffled when he hugged me.

I blinked my eyes and asked, ‘Why would you say thank you?’

‘Thank you for being proud of us for being your fathers’ Daddy continued for Papa.

I took a step back and looked at them, ‘Guys, I’m always proud of you guys for being my dads. Never once I thought of feeling disgusted because whenever I saw you guys, all I can see is love. It’s just that I don’t like it when you guys couldn’t come to my school events together. I want to show off to people that I have two amazing people in my life’ I smiled at them.

Papa hugged me again but tighter, ‘Oh, Daehyunnie… We want to come together but we don’t want anything happen to you. I don’t want you to get bullied just because people think you have an ‘abnormal’ family’ he explained.

‘If someone bullies me, I would tell you guys and you guys would beat them for me right’ I joked and finally I could hear laughter from Daddy and Papa.

Suddenly, Daddy went inside his room without saying anything. Seconds later, he walked out with a big smile on his face. Papa and I looked at each other with a confused expression but didn’t say anything.

‘Hyesung-ah…’ Daddy called Papa with his usual gentle voice. Secretly, I liked to look at Papa’s reaction because he looked so much in love with Daddy.

‘I was planning to do it this weekend but this kid right here just had to make it a touching day today’ he nudged his ribs lightly causing me to pout.

All of the sudden, he kneeled in front of Papa before taking out a box from his pocket. He slowly opened the box and Papa and my face were priceless especially Papa’s. Daddy’s expression changed when Papa didn’t say anything, so I pinched his side to make him wake up from his daze. Papa started tearing up and slowly nodded his head.

‘Y-Yes!’ he muttered. Daddy literally gave a loudest sigh in relieved and hugged him tightly. It really touched my heart when I got the chance to see Daddy proposing. I knew they wanted to get married a long time but maybe it was because I was still small that made them postponed. Even though they didn’t talk about it seriously, but I knew they were willing to commit to a marriage and I was very happy they were finally going to do it.

‘Thank you for waiting’ Daddy whispered.

‘Even if I have to wait for another 10 years, I will’ Papa smiled widely.

Of course, after he proposed, they called everyone they knew immediately and that was the happiest day in my life. They didn’t do a grand wedding because they preferred a simpler wedding and so they had their wedding at Papa’s café. Cute huh.

XXX

I really love to see how Daddy and Papa care for each other especially when one of them would fall sick. A few weeks ago, Papa caught a cold because of the cold weather and the workload at the café.

‘Hyesung-ah, I don’t think you should go to work today’ Daddy said during breakfast when he noticed Papa who was coughing.

‘I’m fine, Eric… I’ll be okay’ he smiled in return and continued eating.

Daddy didn’t say anything because he knew how stubborn Papa was, maybe that was where I got my stubbornness from. As usual, after Papa and I left, Daddy would call Uncle Minwoo or other uncles to keep an eye on Papa because it was like a habit if Papa looked sick. But that day, Papa was really sick. Since it was a routine for me to go to Papa’s café after school, so when Papa fainted, I immediately called Daddy who was in a meeting as I was freaking out. Daddy left the meeting and rushed to his café.

When Daddy arrived and went inside Papa’s room, he sighed heavily.

‘I told you not to go to work today’ he said as he sat beside the sofa Papa was lying.

‘What are you doing here?’ Papa muttered weakly.

‘Stop asking silly questions. Let’s go home okay’ he replied as he started to carry Papa on his back.

‘Hmm…’ he nodded. I was waiting outside because I knew they needed their privacy and when they got out, I just followed Daddy from behind and helped carrying Papa’s things.

‘Bye, uncles’ I waved them goodbye. They just smiled and told Daddy to take a good care of Papa which he usually succeeded in doing.

‘Hyesung-ah, let’s give you a nice shower okay’ Daddy said as soon as we arrived home.

‘Hmm…’

‘Daehyun-ah, can you make porridge and take some medicines in the cabinet?’ Daddy asked and got a nod in reply.

Daddy came out after he helped Papa with his shower and no, that wasn’t what you think. He thanked me for the porridge and told me to finish my homework or just do anything that I like which I usually played video games. Daddy always tried his best to take care of Papa and vice-versa, so that I won’t get worried.

‘Hyesung-ah, open your mouth’ Daddy said when he showed a spoonful of porridge.

Papa shook his head and snuggled his head into the comfy pillow.

‘Hyesung-ah…’

‘No…’ he mumbled.

‘Come on, Hyesung. You have to eat or else you’ll get sicker’

‘But I don’t want porridge, I want ice-cream’ he pouted when he looked at his husband.

‘I promise when you get better, I’ll fill the fridge with ice-creams. Your favourites’ he tried to persuade the younger man.

‘Promise?’

‘Pinky promise’ he kissed him softly on the forehead.

XXX

That’s the main highlight of their relationship. What? You’re asking about me? Well, funny story. It’s been years since I last talked to Yongguk hyung. Heck, we didn’t talk at all! But don’t worry, I didn’t take it badly because we met the day before he was leaving for US. He made me promise that I will wait for him even if it will take a long time. And yes, I still hold on to that promise even a part of me said he was not coming back. But hey, I overcame my ‘disease’ and have a lot of friends now! But I miss him though…

I am in the first year of high school and I loved it here. Unlike the previous years, I tried to stay low by not making myself outstanding but seeing that I was friends with the popular kids like Himchan hyung and others, I guess it couldn’t be avoided.

It was a normal school day but the school didn’t seem normal somehow. Everyone especially the girls were being so excited for God knows why but either way I just went to class like normal. The weirdest thing was during the break. There were so many girls and some guys standing by the windows and when I said windows, I mean all the windows.

‘What’s happening?’ I just muttered to myself and the thoughts were cut off when I saw my friends in the cafeteria.

‘Yah, have you heard the news?’ Himchan hyung said.

‘About what?’ our cutest maknae blinked his eyes cutely.

‘There’s gonna be a new guy coming to our school’

‘Really? Who?’ Zelo perked up. He really loved to make friends.

‘I don’t know. But I heard he’s quite famous on youtube. Mostly about his rapping skills although his dancing wasn’t so bad’

I just nodded lazily because I didn’t bother to care about what was happening. As if on the cue, a loud scream was heard and all of the girls, ALL, was crowding together at the entrance of the cafeteria.

‘YOU ARE SO HOT LIKE ON YOUTUBE!’

‘OMMO! HOW TALL ARE YOU?!’

Since the cafeteria wasn’t that big, we all could heard the questions given but we already knew who they were talking to. When the new guy faked a cough, everyone became quiet. Waiting with anticipation.

‘Do you guys know where is Daehyun Mun?’ his deep voice was heard and everyone looked at me. I just blinked confusedly, I didn’t know how the hell the guy knew me. I don’t think I made a friend with youtuber.

‘That’s him!’ a girl finally said.

‘Thanks’ he muttered and walked away from the crowd.

At first, I didn’t recognised him but when the guy showed a cute gummy smile, I was frozen at my seat. When I regained my conscious, I didn’t realised my eyes were a little watery. I stood up and ran towards the guys before jumping on him. Luckily, the guy’s strong arms could hold me.

‘Hello, Daehyunnie~’ the guy whispered. Oh, only God knows how much I missed the nickname called by him.

‘I-I miss you…’ my voice cracked.

‘Don’t tell me you forgot our promise?’ he pouted when he put me down. Right now, everyone including my friends was watching the odd scene.

‘You made two promises with me’

‘Both of them, of course’ he smirked.

‘I would never’ I smiled.

Yongguk held my hand and put our hands up in the air.

‘I have two things to say. First, this guy is mine since we were 3 and 7 and we are getting married when he is 25. And second, no one is allowed to touch him or even flirt with him. If you do so, I can’t guarantee your life’ he gave everyone a deadly glare which made a few of them took a step back.

I smirked and continued, ‘I would listen to him if I am you’

Then, I pulled Yongguk to my friends and introduced him to them. Although Yongguk gave his warm smile, they were still scared of him because of what he just said.

Having Yongguk hyung back with me is the best thing in my life. He even bought me a special-made necklace that he made it himself.