Family Time

You Who Came Into My Life

A/N : I'm sorry for not updating for so long! Been busy with college! This is a short chapter, so I apologise again. I'm working on the second last chapter and I'm thinking about doing an epilogue. What do you guys think? Should I or should I not..?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung : Should I text him now or should I wait? What if he rejects my text. But wait! Isn't calling him better? Maybe I should call.

Hyesung grabbed his phone and dialled Eric's number, it was funny how he already remembered his number.

'H-Hello, Eric' Hyesung said cautiously. He knew that Eric was working because he called him during office hours. 

Hyesung : You should've called after work, stupid...

'Hyesung-ah! What's wrong? Everything's okay?' Eric asked him with concern when he sensed nervousness in Hyesung's voice.

'Everything's fine. Listen... Hmm'

Hyesung paused and took a silent deep breath, 'Would you and Daehyun like to come to my house for dinner? But if you're too busy...'

Before Hyesung continued, Eric quickly cut him off, 'This is not a dream, right. You're seriously inviting me... I mean us, to dinner' Eric's voice seemed excited.

'Y-Yes' Hyesung blushed. Luckily Eric wasn't physically there to see his embarrassing look.

'Of course, we would want to come!' he chuckled.

'Really? Okay, tomorrow after work then. I'll text you the address' Hyesung was smiling widely.

'Araso~ See you tomorrow, Hyesung-ah' 

'See you, Eric-ah' he nodded in satisfaction.

(Next day)

'Welcome~~' the usual friendly greet the customer received when they went to Hyesung's cafe.

'Oh Eric-sshi? What would you like to have?' Junjin smiled at him and gave a bigger smile when he looked at Daehyun, 'Hello there, little boy!' he said and Daehyun just waved his small hands in return.

'Just fresh apple. We actually waiting for Hyesung' Eric said shyly, trying to avoid Junjin's gaze.

'I see... We're closing in about 45 minutes but he can leave early'

Eric quickly shook his hands, 'No no! He doesn't have to rush, we seriously don't mind waiting. Right, Daehyunnie?' he looked at his son.

'Hmm!' Daehyun nodded in agreement.

'Alright then' the younger guy nodded as he excused himself.

He passed the order to Andy and made his way to Hyesung's office. The whole time he had that smug look on his face that when Hyesung saw it, he knew it was no good.

'What do you want, Junjin?' Hyesung asked without looking at Junjin as he was too busy with the paperworks.

'Your boyfriend is here' Junjin teased.

Hyesung shot up to Junjin and stood up, 'Really? Where is he? Did he just arrived?'

'Yes. Outside. Yes. Just wanted to inform you. And hyung, you can leave early' Junjin casually said.

'Really? You guys can manage?' Hyesung looked at him with worried. 

It wasn't like it was the first time Hyesung leave the cafe to them but he felt bad that they had to do extra cleaning without Hyesung's help.

'Don't worry. We can do it, hyung' Junjin winked at him to assure the young man.

'Ok, thanks a lot Junjin' Hyesung smiled. He took his wallet, phone and keys and headed out. Eric already told him not to bring his car to the cafe because he would picked Hyesung up.

'Guys, I'm going now. Please don't burn down this cafe' Hyesung jokingly said as he bid goodbyes towards them.

Minwoo who couldn't help but to tease Hyesung, 'Have fun on your second DATE, Hyesung!!' he waved excitedly.

Hyesung : I would murder him tomorrow

Hyesung gave a fake smile and walked towards Eric and Daehyun. Daehyun who saw Hyesung quickly got off from his chair and ran towards him.

'PAPAAAA~' Daehyun yelled loudly that everyone in the cafe looked at the 'reunion'.

Hyesung's friends laughed out loud not caring about the surrounding while the customers just smiled at the cute scene. Hyesung blushed at the yell and carried Daehyun while rubbing his nose on Daehyun's cheek.

'Hello, Eric. Sorry you have to wait for so long' Hyesung apologised. He was the one who invited Eric but he made the older guy waited for him.

'Not long at all, Hyesung. No trouble really!' Eric smiled assuringly.

'Can we be stop by at grocery market first? I need to buy some stuffs' Hyesung asked once they were inside Eric's car.

'Sure!' Eric gave a nod.

Then while Eric was driving, Hyesung interacted with Daehyun.

'Daehyun-ah, what did you do today?' 

'Daehyun draw! Teacher said Daehyun can draw whatever Daehyun like' 

'And what did you draw?'

'Let Daehyun show you, Papa! It's inside Daehyun's bag!' Daehyun pointed towards his nursery bag behind the car seat. Luckily for Hyesung's long arms, he could easily grabbed it.

Daehyun opened the zip and took out his painting, 'Tadaaa~' he showed it to Hyesung.

It was a family picture of three people. Two buildings that beautified with fluffy clouds and sunshine from the sun. A shortest kid was standing in between two adults and they have a happy smile.

'This is Daehyun's family. Daddy, Daehyun and Papa' Daehyun started pointing to their people.

'Daddy and Daehyun live in this building and Papa lives in this one. But Daehyun hopes one day, Papa would live with us' Daehyun explained cutely and hearing that really touched Hyesung's heart.

'You really like Papa huh?' Eric commented while smiling fondly at Daehyun.

The little boy nodded eagerly and kissed Hyesung's cheeks, 'I really really like Papa. Papa is kind and nice. Just like Daddy. Grandpa and Grandma wanted to meet Papa'

Hyesung's eyes widen at the revelation and looked at Eric for an explanation.

'Yah, don't look at me like that. I just told them that Daehyun finally opened up to someone and that was when he told them everything' Eric said panicking.

'EVERYTHING?!'

Eric nodded absentmindedly.

Hyesung : Can I die now..?

(At the grocery market)

'I promise I'll be fast, I'm so sorry for being a burden Eric' Hyesung apologised again as they were walking inside the market. He had all the ingredients he needed but he totally forgot to buy his favourite. Sesame oil!

Eric chuckled and grabbed Hyesung's shoulder using his both hands and smiled, 'Don't worry, Hyesung-ah. I need to buy grocery too. Let's buy together alright?' 

Hyesung shyly nodded and grabbed Daehyun's hand before walking inside. Eric on the other hand took a trolley outside and went in. He put Daehyun in the trolley and started roaming around.

'What should we buy first?' Eric asked as he looked around.

Daehyun was already started whining quietly about how he wanted to go to the candies and chocolates section. But he quickly shut up when he looked a stern look on his father's place. Eric hid his smirk when he knew his 'scary' face would disciplined the kid.

'I think we should buy this...' Hyesung stated as he grabbed some packets of food on the shelf.

'There's promotion on this brand, so let's buy two' Eric pointed to a poster next to Hyesung.

Hyesung thought about it for awhile and nodded, 'Good idea...'

Eric grinned proudly, 'Daehyunnie, let's pick out some fruits' he looked at his son.

Daehyun's face literally lit up and nodded eagerly. The little boy loved to eat fruits, so he literally pointed to every fruits they were in the market. Eric could only sighed and just picked the fruits that they didn't have back home.

After spending 45 minutes in the market, they made their way to the counter.

'Let me...' Eric stopped Hyesung when the younger guy took out his credit card.

'What? No way, Eric! Please... Let me' Hyesung looked at him in disbelieved.

He seriously didn't want to look as if he was using Eric. Eric barely bought so much stuffs and now the older guy wanted to pay for him, that was just crazy. Let alone he asked Eric to drop by the grocery market. Hyesung already felt he was being a burden.

'Hyesung...' Eric persuaded but Hyesung gave a glare.

'Eric, stop it right now or I'll never see you again' Hyesung threatened.

'Fine...' he pouted and kept his wallet.

(Hyesung's apartment)

'Make yourself at home...' Hyesung said as he opened the door to his apartment.

'So, we can move in with you?' Eric joked.

Hyesung looked at him with no expression, 'Try again, Eric. You're getting worse at making jokes' he teased back.

'I tried' he pouted sadly.

'So, just relax at the living room while I cook something. I hope you don't mind simple food' Hyesung said from the kitchen.

'Nope, I don't. As long as it's home cooked' he smiled and played with Daehyun.

(Hyesung's POV)

Giggles was heard from the living room and when Hyesung looked up from where he was standing, he was smiling warmly. It was a rare sight to see Eric playing earnestly with Daehyun, he knew that the older guy was tired from work but he still gave his best.

Hyesung : How I wish I could get married fast

(Eric's POV)

While playing with Daehyun, Eric would take a few glances at Hyesung just in case the younger needed help. Currently Hyesung was chopping some vegetables before throwing them in the frying pan. Eric knew that he seldom cooked at home because he was too busy of work, he just reheat the dishes that his mum made. So seeing someone cooked for him and Daehyun warmed his heart. He wouldn't mind going back home knowing someone would wait and cook for him.

Eric : How I wish I could get married fast

(30 minutes)

'Dinner's ready~' Hyesung announced happily. He was still wearing his apron when he put all the dishes on the table. Eric looked at the many dishes with a pair of wide eyes and it was definite that his heart skipped a beat to find out Hyesung knew how to cook. 

'What are you still looking at?' Hyesung chuckled at Eric's daze look.

He picked up Daehyun and put him on the chair in between Hyesung and Eric just like their usual seat arrangement. 

'N-Nothing. It's just that I'm amazed. I rarely cook at home' Eric shyly said.

'Really? I wouldn't mind cooking for you everyday' Hyesung blurted out and next thing he knew, he was blushed madly, 'I-I mean... Since I have free time, h-having dinner together is quite nice' he stuttered.

'I would love to do this again. The next time, I'll be cooking' Eric smiled fondly, he sure was happy to know that Hyesung thought the same.

'Would there be a next time?' Hyesung shyly said, he didn't dare to look at Eric so he distracted himself by feeding Daehyun.

'Of course! Daehyun would want that too right' Eric smiled at Daehyun.

Daehyun didn't understand what his father was talking about but he just giggled and nodded as an agreement. They enjoyed their dinner in comfort and would took secret glances when the other wasn't looking. All the nervousness and anxious were gone when they started talking comfortably and if people saw them together, they would said Eric and Hyesung have known each other for years. 

Much to Hyesung's dismay, the day had to end because it was getting late. Eric said he didn't want to be a bother by staying longer although he too wanted to stay and talked to Hyesung more. 

'Thanks for the dinner, Hyesung. Daehyun, said thank you to Papa' Eric smiled gratefully and gestured his son.

Hyesung hated his beating heart and blushing face when everytime Eric referred to him as Papa. Daehyun who was in Eric's arms leaned forward to give a kiss to Hyesung. He smiled widely and waved his chubby hands, 'Thank you, Papa! Daehyun loves you~' 

'I love you too~ Goodnight, Daehyunnie' Hyesung waved his hands back.

Hyesung started cleaning up the dining table after Eric and Daehyun left as before, Eric wanted to do the washing but Hyesung didn't let him. As he was done, he spotted a small size jacket, knowing it wasn't his, he knew it must've been Daehyun's.

Hyesung : Should I call Eric now? But it's late... Aish, I can give it to him other day