Coincident

You Who Came Into My Life

'Hyeeeeesung-ah!' 

Hyesung's friend called out his name loudly when he arrived at his friend's nursery. He had known her ever since elementary school and it had been her dream to open up a nursery. And finally, her dreams came true and the nursery had been in business for two years now.

'You don't have to shout, Yuri' Hyesung covered his ears when he heard a loud scream.

'I don't care! I just miss you so much~' she chirped happily and hugged the guy tightly until he choked for air.

'H-Help...'

Yuri finally released him and chuckled awkwardly, 'Hehe, I'm sorry'

Hyesung smiled and fisted her arm lightly just like the old days, 'So what can I do for you today boss?'

Actually Yuri had called Hyesung to help her with the nursery since her worker took an emergency leave that afternoon. He pleaded Hyesung to help him and luckily for her, he can counted on the guys at the cafe not to make a mess.

'Just entertainment the kids until they got back home. Easy right' Yuri smiled widely.

Hyesung smiled confidently and nodded, 'No problem captain!' he gave her a salute.

Before Hyesung could went inside, Yuri grabbed his arm.

'Actually, there is one kid that you have to give an extra attention. He is really cute and a good kid but he's also a selective mutism' Yuri explained quietly.

'Selective mutism?' Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

'He is a difficult kid when he is with many people, heck he doesn't talk at all! But when he's with people he really trusts and knows personally, he is a bright and talkative kid. The other kids doesn't talk to him except for one but he didn't come today. So, he is alone now. Can you help me, Hyesung?' Yuri looked at him with pleading eyes.

Hyesung nodded confidently, 'Of course, I can! Don't worry, Yuri-ah...' and excused himself.

Indeed when Hyesung went inside the playroom, he could perfectly saw a kid with his back facing him was sitting all alone with playing with his toys. He forgot to ask Yuri for the boy's name, so he carefully walked towards the boy and bent down.

'Hello there~ My name is Hyesung. What's yours?' Hyesung asked with a gentle tone.

The boy didn't replied but he turned around. 

'Daehyunnie?' Hyesung asked in surprised. He couldn't believed Daehyun was there. Alone!

Hyesung : Daehyun is selective mutism? Now I get it... That's why he didn't say a word at the cafe the other day.

His round eyes widen when he saw his 'Papa'. He stood up and threw himself towards the young guy while giggling.

'P-Papa~' he whispered quietly so that no one could heard him.

Hyesung blushed again when he heard his nickname. He knew he should corrected Daehyun but he didn't have the heart. Or at least, he didn't want to admit that he loved when Daehyun called him that.

'What do you want to play, Daehyunnie?' Hyesung asked.

Daehyun kept giggling and playing with his toys without a word. Hyesung looked around and saw other kids playing with another worker.

'Don't you want to play with them?' Hyesung pointed to other kids.

Daehyun shook his head.

'Why don't you talk to me? Do you hate me?'

Daehyun smiled widely and shrugged his shoulder.

Hyesung sighed. He wanted to hear Daehyun's cute voice. Then, an idea appeared in his head.

'Wait here okay. I'll be right back. I promise...' Hyesung ruffled Daehyun's hair and walked out the door. 

He found Yuri with her paperworks and knocked on the door. Yuri looked up, when she looked up, she gave a smile.

'What's wrong, Hyesung?'

'Is it okay if I bring Daehyun to the park nearby? He doesn't talk at all!'

'Do you know him personally?' Yuri raised her eyebrows. Somehow, the tone in Hyesung's sentence made her felt as if he knew the boy.

Hyesung shyly nodded, 'And his father too...' he admitted. 

'Really? Mr Eric? How?' Yuri beamed at him. He figured that Yuri must've keeping her eyes on the handsome man.

'That's not the question right now! Can I or not bring Daehyun?' Hyesung brought back the real topic before Yuri could go any further.

Yuri smiled mischievously, 'If I said can, would you tell me everything?'

'Yeah yeah, whatever. Since you said can, I'll bring him out now' Hyesung waved his hands and walked out.

'Yah! I didn't say anything yet!' Yuri yelled.

'Thanks!' Hyesung said out loud with a happy tone.

Yuri sighed and slumped herself on the chair before chuckling lightly.

'Did Hyesung found himself a potential lover?' she whistled happily.

Hyesung found Daehyun playing with his same toy. He smiled and whispered Daehyun's name.

'Pssst, Daehyun?'

The boy looked up and turned around to see Hyesung's happy face. He gestured Daehyun to come closer and he did. The guy leaned forward and whispered, 'I told Ms Yuri that I'll bring you to the park. Do you want to come with me?' Hyesung gave a wink after that.

Daehyun immediately nodded eagerly causing Hyesung to laugh. He carried Daehyun with him and exited the nursery. Daehyun was put down finally when they sat on a bench.

'Daehyun-ah, do you want to tell me about your friend? I heard that he didn't come today' Hyesung started the conversation.

'Oh! Oh! Yongguk hyung! He is Daehyun's friend. He is always with Daehyun when Daehyun is alone and Daehyun likes him very very much!' Daehyun was back to his normal self. He giggled when he thought about Yongguk.

Hyesung seemed amuse and decided to ask more, 'Did you tell Yongguk that you like him very very much?' Hyesung imitated his words.

Daehyun giggled again while nodding, 'Yes, Daehyun told him! And he likes Daehyun very very much too! He said he wants to marry Daehyun!' 

Hyesung was taken aback by his words and unconsciously choked on the air, 'D-Daehyun-ah, do you know what marry means?' Hyesung asked cautiously.

'Yongguk hyung said that marry is a promise where two people want to be each other forever! And live happily ever after!' Daehyun explained excitedly. Clearly, Daehyun was already liking at idea of it.

'And what did you say?' Hyesung gulped nervously as if he was listening to some horror stories.

'Daehyun said yes! And Yongguk hyung gave Daehyun a kiss here!' Daehyun pointed towards his right cheek.

Hyesung lowered down his head and sighed. Even though Daehyun wasn't his son, but why did he feel so heavy. What would Eric said if he found out? 

'Does daddy know?'

'Nope! Yongguk hyung said Daehyun shouldn't tell anyone, so Papa cannot tell Daddy okay' he warmed Hyesung.

Hyesung : Obviously Eric mustn't find out about this or he'll freak out...

Then, suddenly he got curious about the older guy. He knew he shouldn't be using Daehyun to get to know Eric but he was just too curious. And he was sure kids are brutally honest!

'Daehyun-ah, can I ask you something?' Hyesung carefully asked.

When Daehyun looked at him, he took it as a cue for him to start asking.

'What does your daddy do at work?' Hyesung tried to come up simple words as he could.

'Daddy works with grandpa! At a BIG building! Daddy is busy but he never leave Daehyun alone and we always come home together... Sometimes, daddy has to go other countries, so Daehyun stays with grandpa and grandma!' he giggled.

Hyesung : So, Eric is really a busy guy... I wonder where is he working. 

'Papa...' Daehyun called Hyesung causing the guy's thoughts died.

'Yes, Daehyunnie?' Hyesung caressed Daehyun's cheeks.

'Does Papa likes Daddy?'

Hyesung's heart skipped a bit, 'Only as a friend! What made you say that?' he questioned the boy quizzically.

'Daehyun likes to see Papa with Daddy. Papa makes Daddy smile a lot!' Daehyun giggled and snuggled on Hyesung's chest.

Hyesung : But your Daddy doesn't like him, Daehyunnie... There's no way he's like Papa, he's straight.

'Daehyunnie, do you like Papa?' Hyesung tried to refer himself as Papa.

'I do! I do! I like Papa so much! Just like Daddy!' 

Before Hyesung could continued, a car honk in front of them and Hyesung saw a BMW parked beside the park. He immediately recognised the car and smiled widely as he carried Daehyun towards the car. The man inside the car got out and grinned at the both of them.

'I'm sorry, Eric for not telling you that I brought Daehyun out' Hyesung immediately apologised, fearing that the older guy might scolded him.

Eric laughed and shook his hands, 'Don't worry about it. As long as Daehyun is with his Papa, I'm fine'

Hearing Eric acknowledged Hyesung as the 'Papa' made him blush, therefore he quickly changed the subject, 'We should go back to the nursery now' he said shyly and bravely went inside the car.

Eric chuckled at Hyesung's adorableness and went inside the car.

'Ah, Mr Eric-sshi~ Daehyun is...' Yuri greeted Eric and wanted to explain where Daehyun was but stopped talking when she saw Hyesung carrying Daehyun behind Eric.

'My friend, Hyesung helped me taking care of the kids today and he told me that he personally know Daehyun and wanted to play with him at the park. And I can bet my life that Hyesung wouldn't do anything that could harm Daehyun' Yuri said defending Hyesung just in case if Eric got furious.

Instead, he laughed and patted Hyesung's shoulder.

'Believe it or not, Yuri-sshi, I already trust Hyesung with Daehyun more than I could trust my assistant and it's true, Daehyun and I personally know Hyesung' he secretly winked at Hyesung causing the younger to blush.

Yuri sighed in relieved and smiled at Hyesung. Hyesung frown when he realised the smile Yuri gave wasn't a sincere but a sly smile.

'Hyesung-ah, thanks for helping me today. You can go back now' Yuri thanked Hyesung gratefully.

'Eh? I could help you clean up, Yuri' Hyesung didn't want to be that person who leave without helping.

'You already helped enough... Anyways, I'll see Daehyun tomorrow, Mr Eric-sshi' Yuri gave a warm smile and ruffled Daehyun's hair softly.

'I'll see you tomorrow, Yuri-sshi' Eric bowed thankfully and then turned towards Hyesung, 'So Hyesung, can I give you a ride home? I wouldn't take no...' 

Hyesung smirked, 'Who said I'm going to say no? I'll wait for you inside the car with Daehyunnie~' he chirped and exited the nursery leaving Eric to flabbergasted.

The distance between the nursery and their apartment buildings weren't that far and so they shared the comfortable silence except for Daehyun's baby talk.

'Thanks for the ride again, Eric' Hyejung smiled as a gratitude.

'Wait! Don't go out!' Eric stopped him. This time he would be sure he'll got Hyesung's number.

'Meeting each other more than twice isn't a coincident and I'd like to believe it's a fate. Therefore, can I ask your number..?' Eric asked cutely.

Hyesung felt he was turning red as tomato and shyly gave his number. He thought that would be it but no... Eric just have to give Hyesung's a love heart attack.

'And Hyesung, I have 3 free passes to Axis Theme-park this Saturday and so I thought if you want to join us' Eric blushed as he told Hyesung his wish.

Hyesung's heart was beating fast and not to mention, loudly.

'S-Sure... If you don't mind' he muttered softly.

Eric looked up and stared straight into Hyesung's eyes, 'Really?'

Hyesung smiled and nodded, 'Of course. Now will you let me go, Eric?' he teased.

Eric pouted while scoffing, 'Fine fine, you may go now' he waved his hands as if he was trying to get rid of Hyesung.

'See you this Saturday then, Daehyunnie~' Hyesung gave a goodnight kiss and got out from the car.

(Hyesung's apartment)

If people could see Hyesung right now, people would think he was a mad man dancing and spinning around his apartment while whistling his favourite tune. He didn't believed his luck when Eric invited him to go out again with Daehyun.

Hyesung : Going to Axis with Eric and Daehyunnie. It's like as if a d...

Hyesung halted his dance and stared at the empty space in front of him in horror. That meant a date right?! A freaking D-A-T-E! With Eric and Daehyun!

Hyesung : Hyesung, calm down... You definitely are wrong. A date is where TWO people go out together. Not THREE.

Finally, Hyesung could breathe properly from hyperventilating. He slapped his cheeks a few time and tried hard not to think it as a date. 

Hyesung : Yes, Hyesung, you're right. It's NOT a date.

(Next day)

'Guys, did we hire a zombie to work at the cafe? And where is Hyesung?' Minwoo pretended to look for the usual fresh Hyesung rather than the tired looking Hyesung who was standing in front of him.

'Shut up, Minwoo... I'm not in the mood for your stupid jokes' Hyesung said lazily and made his way towards his office.

'Yah, what's wrong with him?' Junjin appeared and nudged Minwoo's arms.

'I don't know. Hyesung has never been like this before' Minwoo sighed.

'Don't you think you should check up on him, hyung?' the maknae walked towards him after wiping the coffee machine.

'Yeah, I guess I should' Minwoo nodded and excused himself. Luckily, it wasn't the rush hour and not many customers around.

Knocking gently on the door, Minwoo carefully turned the knob and peeked inside. He saw Hyesung who was staring blankly and he figured immediately that the owner was daydreaming which was a rare case for a person named Shin Hyesung.

'...sung?' Minwoo called but he didn't replied.

'Hye...' he tried again but got the same respond.

Minwoo sighed as he massaged his temples. He knew that it was a serious case.

'Shin Hyesung!' Minwoo said loudly and finally Hyesung broke free from the daydream.

'A-Ah? Yes? Oh, Minwoo!' Hyesung stuttered and looked so flustered.

Minwoo sighed again for hundredth times and sat down in front of Hyesung.

'How long have we been friends?' 

'More than 10 years' Hyesung replied weirdly.

Minwoo snapped his fingers, 'Exactly! And I'm proudly admitting that I'm your longest friend'

'Okay....' Hyesung nodded quizzically.

'So, what the hell is your problem Hyesung?' Minwoo analysed him and it confirmed his prediction. Hyesung had a problem and somehow he knew what the cause of it.

'E-Excuse me?'

'You've daydreaming which you never, you look so tired that I bet you didn't sleep yesterday and lastly, you didn't scold me today!' Minwoo gasped in horror.

Hyesung chuckled at his best friend's unique way of talking, 'I'm fine, Minwoo. Just tired' he lied.

'You know I'm not leaving until you tell me right' 

Who was he kidding? The guy in front of him was Lee Minwoo and that guy knew everything about him which sometimes was creepy.

'What's your definition of a date?' Hyesung started.

'A what?' Minwoo asked.

'A date. You know... You and Dongwan always go on dates right'

'Oh, that date... Well, my definition of date is people who love each other to do something they love together. But doesn't necessarily it has to be 2 people'

Hyesung's heart skipped a beat, 'Doesn't have to be 2 people?'

'Yeah. A couple and their child, best friends and even families' Minwoo started listing down using his hands.

Then a loud slammed was heard and Minwoo was shocked to see Hyesung knocked his head on the table. He really should call the asylum later for Hyesung.

'Hyesung-ah, what's wrong?' Minwoo asked softly.

He waited for a few minutes until Hyesung finally said a word, 'I'm going on a date with Eric and Daehyun. But I don't want to see it as a date!' he whined.

'Then, just think of just a casual hangout' Minwoo suggested. He didn't understand why Hyesung would be so flustered about it.

'I can't!' Hyesung said out loud.

'Why?!'

'I-I don't know' he stuttered.

Then a moment of realisation hit Minoo.

'You actually like that Eric guy right? That's why you think of it as a date even though you tried hard not to think about it. And because you don't want to get your hopes up since you don't know what Eric feels about you' Minwoo said in a detective tone while eyeing Hyesung suspiciously.

'Wow, Minwoo. I feel MUCH better, thanks' Hyesung said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. Every words that came out from Minwoo's mouth was accurate as hell.

'HYESUNG-AH, YOU FINALLY FOUND LOVE!' Minwoo yelled loudly causing Hyesung to grab something on the table and threw at his face.

'I don't need the whole world to know' he mumbled softly.

Minwoo got a serious look on his face. He took a deep breath and said his honest opinion, 'Sometimes you cannot control what you feel, Hyesung and it isn't wrong to love someone. I know that you and I don't know what he feels but doesn't mean you have to be all upside down just because of it. Just go with the flow. I'm sure you want to spend your time with them right' Minwoo gave his rare warm smile at his best friend.

It would be a lie if Hyesung said he wasn't touched. As annoying as Minwoo could be, he still gave him one of the best advises. 

Suddenly Minwoo yelled.

'Yah, I know you're outside! Just come in!' 

The whole gang slipped inside the office with Junjin pushing them. They fell but smiled sheepishly at Hyesung and Minwoo. Again, Hyesung knocked his head on the table.

'Hyung, daebak!' Junjin clapped his hands amused.

'You're one of us now eh, Hyesung' Dongwan smirked. He always knew this time would come eventually.

'Hyung~ You've grown up well finally' Andy gave a fake sob.

For the third that day, Hyesung knocked his head.

'I should die now...'