Staying Over With Daddy

You Who Came Into My Life

A/N : It's been 2 weeks since I last updated. Sorry guys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung woke up extra early that day because he needed to prepare all the things needed for the picnic. He already called Yongguk’s mum and told her about his plan and surprisingly enough, she immediately said yes with doubt even though she never met him. After he got himself ready, he woke Daehyun up.

‘Daehyunnie~’ Hyesung cooed softly at the sleeping boy. To be honest, Hyesung expected Daehyun to be wild in his sleep but he wasn’t at all. Instead, he cuddled at Hyesung closer and the whole night he wrapped his arms around Hyesung’s waist.

‘Hmm…’ Daehyun grumbled and rolled away from Hyesung because of the ‘distraction’.

‘Wake up… We’re going for a picnic remember’ he tried again.

‘Hmm…’ Daehyun started to wave his hands around.

‘And we have to pick up Yongguk. You want to see him right..?’

Hearing upon Yongguk’s name, Daehyun slowly opened his eyes and when he saw Hyesung, he blinked multiples of time.

‘Papa?’ Daehyun seemed to forget that he was currently staying at Hyesung’s house.

‘Wakey wakey, sleepy boy’ Hyesung gently pulled Daehyun away from the bed and carried him to the bathroom.

‘Can Papa give Daehyun a shower?’ he mumbled softly as the sleepiness wasn’t fading anytime soon.

‘Okay. Here, let’s take off your clothes first’ Hyesung said and with that, Daehyun raised both of his arms so that Hyesung can do his job easily.

After the shower, Daehyun was fresh and no sleepiness appeared on his face. Hyesung carried a basket and a mat on one hand and another hand was for him to hold Daehyun’s hand. Yongguk’s house wasn’t far from Hyesung’s house and he actually knew the street as his friend lived there too. He parked his car beside the road and told Daehyun not to get out from the car considering that the little boy started to jump excitedly in the passenger’s seat.

Ding Dong… Ding Dong…

After waiting for a minute, the door was opened and a beautiful lady walked outside the house. At first, she was staring confusedly at Hyesung but when she laid her eyes on Daehyun, she smiled warmly.

‘Daehyun-ah~ It has been awhile since I last saw you’ she said in a friendly manner.

‘Hello, aunty’ he bowed politely.

When she looked at Hyesung, he gave a polite bow and introduced himself, ‘Hello, my name is Shin Hyesung and Daehyun here is staying with me because Eric has a business trip. I hope you don’t mind me troubling’ he smiled.

The lady shook her hands and replied, ‘No, you’re not troubling at all! In fact, Eric called me yesterday explaining everything to me and since that Daehyun and Yongguk haven’t seen each other, today is a perfect day to let them spend time together. I’m Lee Young btw’

As if upon the cue, a young boy who looked older than Daehyun came running out the house with a great speed and when he saw Daehyun, he smiled widely. Daehyun on the other hand have his eyes lit up like Christmas balls and waved his hands excitedly.

‘HYUNGGGG’ Daehyun said in a loud tone.

‘DAEHYUNNNN’ the older boy hugged him tightly.

Both Hyesung and Lee Young smiled at the cute scene.

Hyesung : So this is the boy Daehyun wants to marry to. I wonder if his mum knows…

When Yongguk looked straight into Hyesung’s eyes, he realised that the boy was cute. The gummy smile he was showing was definitely a bonus point to capture Hyesung’s heart. The café owner bent down and smiled.

‘What’s your name?’

‘Yongguk. Bang Yongguk!’ he said his name proudly and clearly.

‘Hello, Yongguk. My name is Shin Hyesung. Are you ready to go out with me and Daehyun?’

‘Yes!’ he nodded eagerly.

Soon after that, Hyesung excused himself after giving all his personal information to Lee Young just in case anything happened or if she doubted him somehow. Lee Young just chuckled at Hyesung’s behaviour and told them to have lots of fun but at the same time behave themselves. Hyesung swore that when he heard Yongguk and Daehyun’s conversation in the car, his heart just melted.

‘So Daehyun, did you talk to anyone while I was gone?’

Daehyun kept quiet for a while before replying, ‘No, they don’t want to talk to me… But all the teachers played with me!’ he said, covering the sad tone in his voice.

‘It’s okay. They’re not worth your time!’ he said encouragingly.

‘Hyung…’ Daehyun looked at Yongguk cutely.

‘Hmm?’

‘Why didn’t you come to nursery anymore?’ he said pouting.

‘Because… I went to primary school now. But don’t worry, I won’t forget you’

‘What’s a primary school?’ he tilted his head confusedly.

Yongguk put his fingers on his chin as if he was trying to think about an easy explanation, ‘Well, it’s a place where you get to learn all fun stuffs. And you’ll get better friends!’

Daehyun nodded in understanding, ‘Am I going to primary school?’ he asked while trying hard to pronounce ‘primary’ correctly.

‘Of course! Then, you’ll meet new people there!’

‘We’re here. Kids!’ Hyesung announced happily when they arrived at the river’s carpark. Both Daehyun and Yongguk hurray and looked outside the window to see if there were many people around.

Since it was Saturday, there are a lot of people especially people with families and people who jogged around the park. Yongguk volunteered to help Hyesung to bring the mat while Deahyun chose a spot to have their picnic and it was right under the tree so they won’t get the sunlight directly on them. They used the time to eat and in times, Hyesung would ask Yongguk about his life and how did he meet Daehyun. For a 7 years old kid, Yongguk could speak confidently and fluently and that amazed Hyesung as maturity and leadership were shining out from the little boy.

‘Uncle, how did you meet Daehyun and Uncle Eric?’ Yongguk’s turn to ask Hyesung about his life.

‘Well, we met at the café where I am working. Later, we found out that we are actually neighbours so we became friends’

Deahyun who was listening to their conversation interrupted, ‘He is my daddy!’ he said proudly causing Hyesung to blush a little.

Yongguk was stunned by the sudden information but later a smirk appeared on his face, ‘So, you and Uncle Eric are in a relationship?’ he asked ‘innocently’.

‘What? No! We are just friends. Daehyun just likes to call me that’ he explained instantly. He didn’t want to make Yongguk misunderstood the situation as he was afraid that the boy would tell his mother about the subject.

‘Oh~ So, there might be a chance then…’ he concluded.

Sadly enough, before Hyesung could defend himself, Yongguk quickly stood up and asked Daehyun to play with him which obviously the younger boy agreed to it. They leave to play the ball that Yongguk brought and left the flustered Hyesung behind. After spending time in the park for a few hours, Hyesung decided it was time to leave as he wanted to go another place for the kids.

(Toy’s Museum)

‘Wohooooo~ It’s toy museum! Daehyun always wanted to go here!’ Daehyun said excitedly as he started running around the museum.

‘Daehyun… Behave’ Hyesung warned and by hearing that, he stopped running but the excitement on his face wasn’t faded. He started gesturing Yongguk and Hyesung so that he could start seeing everything there. Hyesung never been there as it served no purpose but when he saw Daehyun’s happy face, he suddenly felt excited too.

‘You’ve been here before?’ Hyesung asked when he noticed the unamused expression of Yongguk.

‘Yeah, a lot of times…’ he sighed but continued, ‘But it’s okay as long as Daehyun’s happy’ Yongguk said and ran towards Daehyun who was already in front.

The Toy’s Museum was surprisingly interesting and Hyesung was glad that he came. He took a lot of pictures of Daehyun and Yongguk and for some pictures, Daehyun kept forcing Hyesung to be in a picture.

‘Papa! Take a picture with Daehyun!’ Daehyun pulled Hyesung’s hand towards a Monster Inc. character.

‘It’s okay, Daehyun. Everyone’s busy with their family, so they can’t help taking pictures for us’ Hyesung tried to reason with him but he was just too stubborn.

‘Yongguk hyung can help!’

Hyesung gave an awkward smile and replied, ‘I don’t think so…’ he said quietly but the mentioned boy heard him and gave a glare.

Suddenly, someone approached them and offered to take a picture.

‘I’m sorry for interrupting but I overheard your conversation. If you don’t mind, I can help you taking a picture’ a young woman smiled.

Hyesung nodded and gave his phone to her. He had to drag Yongguk to be in a picture with him because he said that he didn’t want to be in a picture with his future father-in-law. Hyesung just knocked his head and forced him to smile properly at the camera.

‘Thank you so much~’ Hyesung said gratefully when the woman gave his phone back to him.

‘You have cute children… Hmm, where is your wife?’ she asked while looking around.

‘I’m not married yet. I’m just babysitting them for today’ he sheepishly replied.

‘Oh?! That’s very nice of you…’ she looked amuse.

Yongguk who could sense the flirt that the woman was trying to do quickly said, ‘Uncle, let’s go now. Your FUTURE SON wants to go somewhere else’ he emphasised the word.

‘Yes, Papa! Let’s go now~~’ Daehyun whined as he was getting bored touring.

Hyesung carried Daehyun and calmed him down. He smiled at the woman again before excusing himself, ‘We’re going now and thank you for the picture’ he said politely. Yongguk tried hard not to smirk when he saw the disappointment on the woman’s face and walked out from the museum casually.

(At the end of the day)

‘Yongguk, are you going anywhere tomorrow?’ Hyesung asked which he got a shook in return.

‘Wanna stay over for the night?’ he wiggled his eyebrows. Yongguk’s eyes widen as he never got invited sleeping over with Daehyun.

‘Don’t feel shy… I’m sure that Daehyun wants you to stay’ he explained.

‘YES, DAEHYUN WANTS YONGGUK HYUNG TO STAY!’

‘See… I told you’ he winked.

‘O-Okay…’ he replied shyly but there was a hidden smile on his face.

Hyesung personally dropped by at Yongguk’s house to explain to her about his activity and thank God, she gave her permission. After packing, she warned Yongguk to behave and the boy diligently obeyed her words. The expression on his face was priceless as he was too excited for the sleepover. That night, they got ready to sleep as they had their dinner already outside and Hyesung tried hard to hide his laugh when Daehyun forced Yongguk to wear onesies pyjamas with him.

‘Yongguk hyung~~’ he whined when Yongguk stayed away from him.

‘Daehyun, I don’t wear onesies… You wear it’ he waved his hands.

‘But I want to wear with you’ he whined louder.

This time, Yongguk looked at Hyesung for help. Instead of helping, he gave a smirk. Just like how he teased Hyesung at the park, now it was his revenge.

‘Oh, he’s right Yongguk. You both would look cute in it’ he said casually and went away from the living room.

Yongguk gave a glare but before he could say anything, Daehyun already pulled him.

‘HYUNG~~~’ he yelled loudly.

‘Fine! Fine! I’ll wear it!’ he finally surrendered.

That was the break point for Hyesung, he laughed out loud when he saw Yongguk in a lion onesies.

‘Why are you laughing, Papa?’ Daehyun asked innocently as he was confused.

‘N-Nothing… It’s just that Yongguk looks so cute, don’t you agree?’ he lied. It wasn’t like Yongguk didn’t look cute but honestly he knew that the little boy wasn’t into cute stuffs like wearing onesies. Even for a 7 years old boy, Yongguk looked mature and handsome for a young age. The aura that he was giving had impressed most of the adults.

‘YES!’ Daehyun agreed loudly while giving a thumbs-up to him.

‘Yongguk hyung is very cute!’ he continued giggling which made Hyesung laughed louder.

Yongguk just glare at the adult as no words came out because he was too shy and embarrassed. He just sat on the sofa with his arms crossed, waiting for the laughter died down.

‘Alright! Alright! Let’s not tease, Yongguk. It’s getting late and you boys get ready for bed now’ he gestured. Daehyun protested because he wanted to play with Yongguk more but Hyesung was made his mind and even Daehyun’s cuteness couldn’t break him.

‘Papa, where are you going to sleep?’ Daehyun asked after Hyesung tucked both of the boys into bed.

‘Guest room. Now, sleep and we’re going to surprise Daddy at the airport’ Hyesung winked when he gave a peck on Daehyun’s head.

‘Do you want a goodnight kiss too, Yongguk?’ he smirked.

‘No! I’m an adult already!’ he defended himself without looking at Hyesung.

Hyesung chuckled lightly and ruffled his soft hair, ‘If you say so, Mr. Adult. I’ll see you boys tomorrow’ he said.

‘Thank you for today…’ Yongguk muttered quietly and a small smile crept on his face.

‘No problem’ he smiled and turned off the lights before leaving the room.

‘Goodnight’ both of the boys said before drifting to sleep.