Babysitting Daehyun

You Who Came Into My Life

A/N : Hey guys! I'm back with new chapter and I hope it's worth your patience. Thank you to those who read this :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As time goes by, Hyesung didn't even realised that it had been a week since he and Eric and Daehyun have dinner. The older guy didn't even mentioned about Daehyun's jacket when they called each other. They just used the excuse of wanting to talk to Daehyun and after 10 minutes, Eric would took the phone away and talked to the younger one for hours.

It was a day off for Beans Cafe and Hyesung used the time to actually give back Daehyun's jacket. He went to Eric's apartment after he texted him for the address. 

Hyesung stood in front of Eric's apartment for 30 minutes, still deciding whether he should knocked on the door or not. His palms were sweating and he kept walking around in small circles.

Hyesung : What the hell, Hyesung? You just need to give the jacket back. No big deal... Why the heck are you so nervous about?

Finally, he knocked on the door and when no one opened it, his heart was beating faster. Before he could bang his head on the wall, he heard the door opened. 

'Oh, Hyesung-ah! Come on in' Eric gestured and opened the door wider for the younger guy. 

Eric's apartment was like a simple apartment but it had a wide space. There are photo frames hanging on the wall and pictures of Eric, Daehyun and his family were on it. A small play area was built around the living room where Daehyun could play his toys while Eric watched the TV. Hyesung smiled at the apartment, it was simple yet so cosy that you can feel the warmth of love.

'I'm sorry for disturbing' Hyesung said politely as he took off his shoes. Then, he saw a medium-sized luggage bag at the living room and wondered whether Eric and Daehyun were going on a vacation.

'Daehyun-ah~' Hyesung chirped happily when he saw Daehyun slowly walking out from his playroom. When his eyes landed on Hyesung, he grinned widely and ran towards the owner in instant.

'Papa~' he said out loud while hugging Hyesung tightly.

When he saw Eric coming out from his room, he bowed apologetically.

'Sorry for coming uninvited. I just want to give back Daehyun's jacket' Hyesung smiled and returned the boy's jacket.

Eric smiled shyly, 'So that was where the jacket was. I thought I've lost it for good' he chuckled awkwardly.

Hyesung looked again at the luggage and turned his head at Eric who was now chilling at the sofa, 'Are you and Daehyun going on a vacation?' he asked before sitting.

Eric looked at him quizzically and when he looked at the luggage, he smiled knowingly, 'Ah, that... No, it's for my business trip tomorrow'

Hyesung nodded in understanding, 'So Daehyun is going to his grandparents's house right'

'No...' Eric sighed while shaking his head, 'My parents are on a vacation. Maybe I could ask noona for help' he said uncertainly.

'He can just stay with me if you want' Hyesung blurted out and continued playing with Daehyun who was sitting on his laps.

'EH? REALLY?' Eric's eyes widen at Hyesung's offer.

'What?' Hyesung didn't even realised what he had just said.

'That Daehyun can stay with you?'

Once those words planted in Hyesung's mind, he blushed. He felt like he was sharing custody with Eric if Daehyun really was going to stay with him.

'Y-Yeah, if you don't mind' he nodded shyly.

'Oh thank you! Thank you so much~' Eric squealed in happiness and hugged the younger guy tightly.

Hyesung's heart skipped a beat louder and faster and he bet that his face was turning red. He froze in his spot until Eric released him while giving an apologetic smiled.

'Sorry... I was just too glad' Eric said sheepishly.

'I-It's okay' Hyesung shook his head like a robot because he was to nervous.

Hyesung : You stupid fool! You should've hugged him back!

'Daehyun-ah, do you want to stay with Papa instead of Grandpa and Grandma? But you have to promise me that you'll be a good boy' Eric looked at Daehyun.

'Daehyun pinky promise!' he replied while holding up his pinky finger.

'What time is your flight tomorrow?' Hyesung asked.

Eric thought for a moment, 'Around 3. I'll send Daehyun to the nursery and you can pick him up from there..?' he suggested.

'Sounds good... Is there anything I need to know or watch out?' 

The rest of the evening they spent their time by Eric telling Hyesung everything that he needed to know. Luckily enough, Daehyun wasn't that difficult to handle. For instant, he had no allergies and he needed to go to bed before 10 or else he won't sleep for the rest of the night.

'Well then... I should be going now. Daehyun-ah, I'll see you tomorrow okay' Hyesung ruffled his hair before standing up. He never thought he would stayed at Eric's apartment for an hour more than he was supposed to.

'Daehyunnie, say bye to Papa before going to bed' Eric gestured.

'Bye bye, Papa~' Daehyun waved his chubby hands and ran into his room to prepare for his bedtime.

'Thanks again, Hyesung-ah. I'm really glad to have you' Eric smiled widely as he sent Hyesung out to the door.

Hyesung tried to suppress his shyness and shook his head, 'It's okay, Eric... Plus, I would love to have a sleepover with Daehyun'

'I'll call you tomorrow okay' 

'Okay, have a safe flight and sleep early tonight' Hyesung shyly said while looking on the ground.

'Goodnight' Eric waved his hands cooly.

'Night' Hyesung said before walking towards the elevator. They shared a brief glance before the elevator closed with their hearts wanting for each other but no words came out to express those sincere feelings.

(Next day)

'Thanks. Please come again' Hyesung gave a warm smile to a customer who just paid her order.

While he was counting the money in the cashier, his phone vibrated in his jeans pocket. Everyone could see his perfectly white teeth and a grin plastered on his angelic face. 

'Hello..?' Hyesung said after he took a deep breath.

'Hyesung-ah...' the gentle yet deep voice was heard on the other side of the phone. Hyesung's heart skipped a beat when he heard the voice that he had liked.

'Y-Yes..?' 

Hyesung : Stop saying my name like that, Eric! I don't want to die again!

'Are you busy? I'm sorry for calling you during your work'

'Yah, it's okay! I have my friends with me' Hyesung smiled widely when he looked at his friends handling the cafe.

'Right... I forgot that you're the owner' he chuckled lightly and continued, 'I'm boarding the plane soon, just want to hear your voice. Hahaha' he chuckled again but in an awkward tone.

Hyesung blushed, 'I-It's good that you call... Have a safe flight and eat well' he advised him.

'Okay, I will. You take a good care of yourself too. If Daehyun gives you trouble, don't hesitate to call. He can be so naughty sometimes' 

'I'm sure I can handle his naughtiness' Hyesung smiled.

Then, he heard an announcement of a boarding plane and assumed it was Eric's flight when Eric said he needed to go.

'Well, that's my flight now. I'll see you soon, Hyesung-ah...' Eric said, he felt reluctant to hang up the call.

'See you, Eric...' Hyesung smiled a little as he bid goodbye.

Maybe because Hyesung was so into the phone call with Eric that he didn't even realised Minwoo and Junjin were behind him.

'Are you done talking to your husband, owner-nim?' Minwoo smirked at Hyesung's surprised face.

'Y-YAH!' Hyesung wanted to say something sassy but no words could form.

'A-Anyway, I'm going back early today. I have to pick up Daehyun' Hyesung tried to change the topic and luckily it worked but it became worse.

'Now you start picking up your husband's son eh?' Junjin smirked wider while wiggling his eyebrows.

'HE'S NOT MY HUSBAND!' Hyesung yelled loudly and the atmosphere instantly became silent. Hyesung turned red as every customer in the cafe looked at him stunned and weirdly, he quickly bowed apologising for his loudness. Hyesung gave a hit on both Minwoo and Junjin's arms while glaring at them before heading back to his office.

X

'Guys, I'm heading off now guys' Hyesung announced as he sling his bag over his shoulder.

Minwoo and Junjin as usual have the smug look on their face but before they could say anything, Andy and Dongwan have pulled them away from Hyesung. 

'Drive safe, hyung!' Andy excitedly waved goodbye. He headlock his boyfriend so that he didn't have the chance to talk.

'Say hi to Daehyun for us!' Dongwan joined in and did the same like Andy but he kept Minwoo's mouth shut tight.

Hyesung smiled thankfully at them and immediately left the cafe. He always drove his car around except when Eric sometimes wanted to pick him up from work, so in the mornings, he would walked to the cafe or his friends picked him up from the apartment building.

'Hey, Yuri~' Hyesung smiled at his friend.

'I'm here to pick up Daehyun. Eric is on a business trip' Hyesung explained.

Yuri was surprised to suddenly see Hyesung here, she thought the guy wanted to see her but instead he wanted to pick up someone. She gave her infamous sly smile while wiggling her eyebrows.

'Oh really? Why you? Usually Daehyun wouldn't come and stayed at his grandparents' house' she said chirping.

Hyesung stuttered at his friend's out of the blue question, 'B-Because Daehyun is going to stay with me. Eric's trip isn't long, so I thought I can help since we're neighbours' he said while looking at other places other than Yuri.

'What?! You guys are neighbours?!' Yuri squealed in excitement which made her look like she wasn't the owner of the nursery.

Hyesung lowered down his head and felt like he should jumped off the building at that moment when he realised he just blurted out that information.

'Yeah, yeah... Now can I pick up Daehyun now?' Hyesung said with a little serious tone to distract Yuri.

Yuri rolled her eyes as she knew what Hyesung was trying to do, being the good friend she dropped the subject, 'Wait here... I'll call Daehyun and take the bag that Mr Eric gave' she said and went inside.

Hyesung could heard footsteps coming from the room at the end of the corridor and there was Daehyun with his usual onesies. He smiled brightly when he saw his favourite Papa who had his arms opened and he ran quickly to hug Hyesung.

'Papa~' Daehyun chirped happily. Eric had reminded him that he was going to stay at Hyesung's house for a couple of days. As a result, it was hard for Eric to put him in bed because of his hyperactive.

'Hey there, little guy~' Hyesung said softly but excited while hugging the boy.

'Are you ready to stay with me? I'm sure we're going to have loads of fun' Hyesung continued as he carried Daehyun to his car with Daehyun's bag in his other free hand.

'Daehyun is veryyyy happy to stay with Papa! Can we invite Yongguk hyung too?!' he said excitedly while trying to jump up and down in Hyesung's embrace.

'Calm down first, Daehyunnie...' Hyesung said as he put Daehyun in the passenger's seat and helped him with the seatbelt.

But Daehyun was too happy to care, do Hyesung just replied him when he sat at the driver's seat, 'Sure! I'll talk to his parents first' Hyesung nodded in agreement.

'Okay! Daddy has Yongguk hyung's mother's number...' he remarked.

(Back at Hyesung's apartment)

'We're home~' Hyesung and Daehyun announced as soon as they stepped into the apartment.

'So, Daehyun... Where do you usually sleep? With Daddy? Or in your own room?' 

'In Daehyun's room!' 

Hyesung nodded in understanding, 'When you're with me, you'll be sleeping in my room okay' he smiled brightly at the little boy.

'HURRAYYYYY!' he yelled and giggled loudly.

'Let's get you a bath first before we eat' Hyesung said after he walked out from his room, preparing Daehyun's bath.

Getting the message that Hyesung said, Daehyun quickly ran into Hyesung's room as he assumed the bathroom was there. He took off his clothes and looked around the room as if he was looking for something. That action made Hyesung feel odd.

'What's wrong, Daehyun?' Hyesung who was standing in front of him asked.

'Nah!' Daehyun shoved the clothes to Hyesung and went inside the bathroom, waiting for the brunette-haired guy.

Hyesung chuckled and put the clothes that were in his hands in the laundry basket. He crossed his hands as he leaned against the sink while smiling at Daehyun.

'Do you usually play with toys during your bath? Like ducks or other animals?' Hyesung asked when Daehyun was bathing rather quietly.

Daehyun nodded eagerly, 'Yup! Daehyun always play with fishes. Daehyun has a bucket of it!' he said happily.

Hyesung chuckled and scratched his head awkwardly, 'Well, I don't own any toys...'

'It's okay... Daehyun knows Papa doesn't have kids like Daehyun! Does Papa wants to join Daehyun..?' he asked.

'Nah, I'll pass. Next time okay' Hyesung smiled promisingly.

Daehyun showed him his pinky finger as a promise and instantly Hyesung hooked Daehyun's finger using his.

'Promise~' he chirped happily.

'Papa and Daddy can bath with Daehyun together then!' he giggled and continued playing inside the bath tub.

'EH?!' Hyesung nearly slipped as he took a step back due to shock. His heart was beating rapidly as he started imagine the possibility of that could happened. In seconds, Hyesung's face and ears started to turn red and he literally ran out from the bathroom.

'Papa?' Daehyun called out as he was confused as to what was wrong with Hyesung.

'PAPA?' he said louder but Hyesung didn't respond.

Meanwhile, Hyesung literally slumped himself onto the couch while burying himself in the cushion that were arranged nearly before.

'Hyesung, what the hell are you thinking?! It was just an innocent statement coming from a 3 years old boy!' Hyesung scolded himself while hitting his own head.

Suddenly, 'PAPAAAAAA!' Daehyun finally yelled after getting bored waiting for his papa.

Then, he heard footsteps coming to the place where he was bathing and there was Hyesung who was taking a few deep breaths while fanning his face with his hands on the sink.

'Are you okay, Papa? You look sick and your face is red!' Daehyun asked with a very concerned tone.

Hyesung waved his hands as he denied the statement, 'I-It's nothing... It's just hot in here'

'Oh~ Papa can bathe with Daehyun' he clapped his hands as he suggested the idea.

Again, Hyesung waved his hands but this time, he quickly cut Daehyun off before the little guy could say anything, 'Daehyun can just continue bathing. Papa will watch you from here' 

'It's okay, Papa! Daehyun can bathe alone' he said maturely.

'Are you sure?' Hyesung jokingly raised his eyebrows.

'Yup! And Papa, are you going to call Yongguk hyung's mother..?' 

Hyesung slapped his head. He totally forgot about it.

'Hold on' Hyesung hurriedly took out his phone and texted Eric.

'Daddy knows about Yongguk right..?' Hyesung asked for confirmation which he got a nod as a reply.  

*Eric... I'm sorry to disturb you working but can I have Yongguk's mother's number? I'm planning to bring Daehyun and Yongguk out tomorrow :)*

'Done! Now, we just have to wait' Hyesung smiled in satisfaction when he saw Daehyun splashing water in excitement.

'So, what do you want to do tomorrow?' Hyesung asked while waiting for Eric's reply.

'Hmm... Picnic!' 

Hyesung nodded in agreement with his fingers on his chin as if he was thinking about the idea. Suddenly, a ringtone was heard from Hyesung's hand phone.

*No, it's okay! I just finished work :) Here's her number... 09xxxxxxx So, what are you and Daehyun doing..? Is he being naughty?*

Instantly, Hyesung gave a reply.

*Just giving Daehyun a bath and dinner later :) Nooo, not at all! He is good so far. And what are you doing? You must be tired...*

'Come, Daehyun... Let's make dinner' Hyesung carried Daehyun out from the bathtub and wrapped the little boy with a towel that he already prepared.

After changing Daehyun into his pyjamas, he told Daehyun to play with the toys that Eric brought while he cooked dinner. During cooking, he now could check the text that Eric sent earlier.

*Just had dinner though I would love to eat your home-cook meal right now ;)*

Hyesung blushed at Eric's text that he accidentally burnt his finger when he tried to stir the fried rice he was making.

'Ouch!' he yelped in pain.

He thought that Daehyun didn't heard him but the little boy did.

'Papa, are you okay?' he asked loudly, ready to go to the kitchen in case anything happened.

'I'm fine...!' Hyesung assured him while cursing mentally to himself for being careless. Just because of a text.

He replied Eric's text before continuing with his cooking.

*Then, come home faster :) I need to get back to cooking dinner. Bye~ And have plenty of sleep!*

'Dinner's ready!' Hyesung announced happily as he put two plates on the table.

'Yayyyyyy!' Daehyun hurriedly made his way to the table and because of the chairs that Hyesung have were high, he was struggling to climb.

'Here, let Papa help...' Hyesung chuckled softly and carried Daehyun to put him on the chair.

The dinner time was filled with laughter and Daehyun's mischievous attitude, it successfully made Hyesung smiled from ear to ear. It warmed Hyesung's heart and he suddenly realised how lonely he was all his life in living alone. He was 26 and he knew it was a perfect age to be in a serious relationship with someone who had marriage materials. But he didn't want to find someone because he was comfortable with the things were, knowing Eric and Daehyun better and how they accepted him into their small family. Deep inside his heart, he wanted to be in their life permanently.

(Bedtime)

'Papa, sing for me!' Daehyun said when Hyesung tucked him with blanket. Usually he would ask his Daddy to read him a storybook but ever since he met Hyesung, he really loved his voice and always asked the young guy to sing for him.

Hyesung smiled and got himself comfortable in bed, 'What song do you want me to sing..?'

'Anything! Daehyun likes Papa's voice...' he smiled widely. 

After spending 1 hour of singing, Daehyun finally went to sleep causing Hyesung to sigh in relieved as he was already too sleepy. Before he himself went to bed, he planted a kiss on Daehyun's forehead.

'Goodnight, baby' Hyesung whispered and drove himself to dreamland.