Owner, Customer & His Kid

You Who Came Into My Life

A/N : Finally, an update! Sorry for keeping you wait for so long but I hope it's worth it with this chapter. I really hope you guys would be smiling widely when it comes to the kid part because I do when there are stories where little kids were involved :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Welcome~' all the workers of Beans Cafe gave a warm smile towards a newly customer who just went inside.

'Good morning, here is menu for you' 

A waiter came up to an amazingly handsome guy who was just wearing some casual clothes and smiled brightly. He noticed a 3 years old boy sitting beside him who was smiling widely while playing with his soft toy.

'Aigoo, he is so cute~' the waiter cooed and caressed the boy's cheeks gently so that he won't be labelled as a creep.

The handsome guy smiled proudly and ruffled the boy's hair, 'Daehyunnie is a really cute boy...' he said while looking at the boy. Daehyun just looked up and hugged his father tightly while quietly murmuring something.

'Just call me when you're ready to order' the waiter smiled again and excused himself to attend another customer.

'That guy is too young to be a father' the waiter's friend commented when he saw his friend came back from the table. The friend was watching the guy as soon as he stepped inside the cafe.

'I know right but the kid is so adorable. I feel like squeezing his cheeks' he squealed in excitement while doing a pinching gesture.

Suddenly, their ears were pulled by the owner of the cafe. Before they could turned around, the owner glared at them angrily. But they all knew that he wasn't mad, he just wanted to look stern.

'Lee Minwoo and Park Junjin, I expect you to do your work, not gossiping about other people' the owner, Hyesung said firmly and pulled their ears a little harder.

They winced in pain and begged their friend to let them go. Before Hyesung could say anything, they quickly ran off causing the pale guy to chuckle.

'But what they said is true, hyung' Andy, the barista suddenly appeared behind him.

Hyesung just looked at him quizzically, 'About what?'

Andy didn't reply instead he pointed towards a direction. Hyesung who just got out from his office didn't aware of the new customer and it would be a lie if he said he didn't feel something weird inside him when he looked at the handsome young man. 

Before he could ask Andy again, he saw from the corner of his eyes that the customer and his son were walking towards him. But more to the cakes displayed. He immediately looked away and pretended to arrange the cakes inside the cooler.

'Daehyunnie, what do you want?' the man said while carrying the cute boy on his arms.

He didn't say anything but was still smiling widely while pointing all the cakes there were in the chiller. The handsome man laughed heartily and shook his head.

'I cannot let you eat everything in here' he continued chuckle.

Hyesung tried carefully to look up and accidentally made an eye contact with the customer making him slightly blushed.

'H-Hello, what can I do for you?' Hyesung gave him a sweet smile and tried to sound professional.

The customer lowered his head shyly after he saw the beautiful guy in front of him, 'My son here wants some desserts and I don't know what to choose' he replied.

Hyesung felt a pang in his heart when he knew that the kid was his son. Of course that kid is his son! What was Hyesung expect? He shook his head to make the thoughts go away and focused mainly on the guy. Daehyun was waving his small chubby arms frantically and eventually the toy he was holding dropped onto the floor. Being a kindhearted person, Hyesung bent down and picked it up.

'Here is your toy~' Hyesung waved it in front of Daehyun.

Daehyun giggled cutely and stretched his arms to grab it but Hyesung playfully pulled the toy away. The boy pouted and tried it once again, not giving up. Seeing that made Hyesung's heart fluttered, he finally gave in and gave the toy back. 

When he looked up, he saw the guy smiling warmly at Hyesung and the owner felt like he wanted to exploded and ran away from there as soon as possible. He cleared his throat and pointed towards the cakes displayed.

'The best seller here is this one, vanilla strawberry shortcakes. All the pastries and cakes here were solely made by our chef' Hyesung said proudly when he mentioned about his chef, Dongwan.

'That looks good~' Eric looked at the cake with bright eyes. Then he looked at Daehyun, 'Daddy wants this. Do you want this?' he asked while pointing his index finger.

Daehyun looked at him and pointed down to the floor.

'You want me to put you down?' 

Daehyun nodded.

'Are you sure?'

He nodded again.

The man shrugged his shoulder and put him down. He noticed that Hyesung was still there and he seriously didn't want to make him wait for him because it could get long.

'Excuse me...' Eric started and dragged his sentence as if he was asking for Hyesung's name.

'Hyesung. My name is Hyesung' Hyesung said shyly.

'I'm Eric. Hmm, I know that you have other work to do and we might be here for awhile. I don't want to burden and make you wait for us. I'll call you when Daehyun decides what he wants to eat' Eric smiled apologetically.

Hyesung : How thoughtful...

Hyesung shook his head and smiled, 'It's nothing, Eric-sshi. I don't mind waiting for this cute boy' he looked at Daehyun and gently patted his hair.

Then Daehyun did something Eric and Hyesung didn't expect. He walked towards Hyesung and tugged his pants while looking up with his round brown eyes. Hyesung smiled and bent down.

'What's your name cutie?' Hyesung smiled warmly while holding Daehyun's hand.

'D-Daehyun' he replied shyly as he looked at Hyesung. 

'How can I help you, Daehyunnie?' Hyesung asked. 

Daehyun slowly reached out his hand and softly caressed Hyesung's cheek. Both Eric and Hyesung's eyes widen and their jaws dropped causing Daehyun to giggle loudly. Then he looked at the chiller and pointed towards a cake.

'You want this?' Hyesung pointed towards tiramisu.

Daehyun shook his head.

'This one?' he pointed above tiramisu.

Daehyun nodded and grinned widely.

Eric chuckled and shook his head, 'Daehyunnie, that's the same thing what I ordered'

When Eric tried to pick him up, he ran away and hid behind Hyesung.

'You don't have to run away if you don't want me to carry you' he pouted sadly and reached out his hands, 'Let's go to our table' he said but Daehyun shook his head.

Eric didn't understand why Daehyun was behaving like a spoilt brat. He wasn't like this before!

The 3 years old kid looked at Hyesung again and put his hands up in the air. Hyesung looked at Eric because he didn't understand but the father also didn't understand and just shrugged his shoulder. Daehyun reached his hands up to the air as high as possible and that was when Hyesung knew.

'Do you want me to carry you?' Hyesung asked.

Daehyun nodded.

Hyesung looked at Eric and asked, 'May I?'

Eric nodded and gestured him to pick Daehyun up using his hands, 'Sure, sure. Go ahead!'

Hyesung pick Daehyun up carefully as he rarely carried kids and Daehyun giggled loudly and wrapped his arms around Hyesung's neck.

'Where do you want to go?' Hyesung would die if Daehyun was being more cuter at that moment.

Daehyun pointed towards the table that they sat just now. Eric quickly interrupted, 'Daehyun, you cannot ask someone to carry you around like that. It's impolite. I'm sorry, Hyesung-sshi. Daehyunnie was never like this before' he apologised to Hyesung.

'No, no! It's fine, Eric-sshi... Really' he smiled and carried Daehyun towards the table. He gently put Daehyun down and smiled widely at him.

'Do you want any drinks?' Hyesung looked at Eric.

'I'll have apple juice please' he smiled.

With that, Hyesung excused himself and passed the order to Andy for him to make the drinks. He expertly took out a slice of the cake Eric wanted and gave it to Minwoo to serve. Meanwhile, he handled the customers who wanted to make their payments.

It was 3:00 pm and the busy time had died down. Everyone did their own work and Hyesung couldn't help but to look at the adorable father and son who were laughing together while eating the cake.

'Just because the kid likes you doesn't mean you can eye the father' Minwoo teased as he appeared from behind.

Hyesung jumped in surprised and glared at his friend, 'What the hell, Minwoo?! And I wasn't eye him! I was just observing the cafe' 

'You've been staring at the same direction for the past 10 minutes, hyung' Andy joined the conversation and Hyesung swore he wanted to get rid of the smug look on the maknae's face.

'And coincidentally the people in that direction was the hot daddy and his son' Minwoo teased again and together, Andy and him highfived.

'Have you heard yourself, Minwoo? People would think you're a home wrecker' Hyesung scoffed.

Minwoo gave him a horror look, 'I am not! Plus, that guy's not my type. My type of guy is in that kitchen' he pointed his thumb towards the kitchen where Dongwan was making another batch of pastries.

Hyesung rolled his eyes and continued staring at Eric. Unfortunately for him, Eric looked at him back and gave a smile. Hyesung smiled awkwardly back and did other things such as washing the mugs to distract him.

'Hyesung-sshi?' someone called him.

When he turned around, he nearly dropped the mug but luckily he regained his conscious instantly. He wiped his hands using the nearest cloth and made his way towards the cashier.

'Ready to make your payment?'

Eric nodded.

'That would be 6000 won' he smiled.

Eric gave him an exact change and smiled.

'Daehyunnie, say bye to Hyesung and his friends' Eric gestured towards the other employees that were standing behind Hyesung.

Daehyun giggled and leaned forward to give a kiss on Hyesung's cheek. It caused Hyesung to blush and the others to snicker at the back. Then, Daehyun cutely waved goodbyes to all of them.

'Daehyunnie must've like you a lot. He rarely opens up to people' Eric commented happily.

'And I must've like him a lot too' Hyesung smiled widely and more snickers could heard.

After Eric and Daehyun left, Hyesung turned around to give a death glare towards them.

'One word and I'll kill all of you' he threatened. 

'One question tho' Junjin raised up his hand.

'When you said 'And I must've like him a lot too', are you referring to that kid or the dad?' Junjin tried to maintain his poker face but couldn't when the other were laughing hard.

'I was referring to that KID!' Hyesung kicked his causing him to yelp in pain loudly. Luckily there wasn't any customer at that moment.

'Another question?' Andy asked.

'If you're trying to ask something funny, I'll do worst to you than Junjin' Hyesung glared.

Andy gulped and shook his hands frantically, 'Shouldn't a 3 years old kid should be able to talk? But I haven't heard a single word coming out from his mouth' he explained.

Then, Hyesung snapped his fingers. That was it! That was why Hyesung felt something odd. Daehyun only said a word to him.

'Don't know. Maybe it isn't his time yet' Hyesung shrugged his shoulder and told his friends to resume their work.

Truth to be told, Hyesung was hoping to see them again. But immediately he shook his head and physically slapped himself.

Hyesung : Hyesung, what the hell were you thinking?! That guy has a child! A CHILD! And obviously A WIFE! Stop thinking about stupid stuffs and don't let your friends influence you!