WHFFSP: Chapter Ten

What He Felt For Sandara Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm here!" CL exclaimed while raising her hand that was occupied with a plastic bag full of beer cans. Bom and I both wooed as she walked over the threshold of the apartment and went towards them. She placed down the bags on the table in front of the two whilst scanning around the area.

 

"Where's Minzy?" she asked, noticing the maknae's absence.

 

"She can't come. Turns out she had something to do the last minute." Bom answered while taking out the beer cans.

 

Her lips moued in disappointment. "Oh, that's too bad. I thought we're going to be complete tonight." CL said in a melancholic tone as she sat with us on the floor.

 

"Me too." Bom replied, "But she said, she'll try to make up for it."

 

Sighing, I started arranging the food CL brought for us and tried to lighten up the mood. "There's always a next time. The three of us should just try to enjoy this night together."

 

It would've been really nice if we were complete, but since Minzy had something important to do, it can't be helped.

 

Despite the absence of one member, we were still able to have a merry talk that later turned into a heart to heart one. It was this kind of bonding moment we loved the most because we're able to open our hearts to each other and talk honestly about our feelings. We always liked to fool around, but when our conversation takes on this direction, it was much more meaningful.

 

"I need to find a man, already. It to be single." Propping her arm up on the table, CL rested her chin on her palm and took a swig from her beer can.

 

"Dara here is the only one who is so lucky on her love life right now." Bom wriggled her eyebrows at Dara and giggled. 

 


I felt my cheeks heat now that I became the subject of their conversation. There they go again, teasing me about Tabi! To be frank, I always thought that I'm a failure when it comes to relationships, so never had I thought that there would come a time when I'll be the only one who is taken and whose relationship is going smoothly from the group.

 

"Seriously speaking, I hope Seunghyun-oppa would propose to you soon!" CL chirped.

 

"Knowing Seunghyun, I think he will. Maybe after his military service. How could he not? That guy can't love anyone but Dara."

 

Aigoo. They're bringing up this proposal thingy. As of now, I haven't thought about that yet. I don't think now's a good time. But if ever Tabi asks for my hand... I won't refuse.

 

"Well, he was really heartbroken when you friendzoned him," Bom added.

 

My stomach churned at the mention of that, dreading where this conversation is leading to.

 

"True! He was such a mess, unnie. But he would always put a strong facade in front of you. I felt sorry for him when we met up one time and had a serious conversation."

 

Remorse flooded over me at what CL and Bom said. It's all coming back to me. After Seunghyun confessed that he liked me before, I only thanked him and told him that I couldn't reciprocate the feelings he had for me, but we became close friends. Since he knew about my feelings for Jiyong and the "kiss" that he happened to witness between me and him; he became the only one whom I could talk to about my conflicted feelings for Jiyong. He became my shoulder to cry on—my confidant. Tabi was always there for me, but I didn't want to date him at first, for the sole reason that I was afraid that the friendship we were having will get diminished if we entered a relationship. And so, the both of us dated other people. 

 

"He only had flings, never having a serious relationship since he couldn't forget about you," Bom added, adding more to the guilt I was feeling.

 

"Ugh, now I just remembered how he had a fling with the girl named Han Seo Hee... was it? I was totally against her when Seungri told me about them. She's such a problematic child." Chaerin mused while rolling her eyes, and I kind of flinched at the mention of the girl. 

 

I wanted to erase that issue in my memory. The issue that ruined Tabi's name and image. My mood always becomes sour at the mere mention of her name. Whenever his distraught and almost lifeless face would flash in my mind because of the scandal, my heart feels like it's being squeezed. It had beget jealousy, hate, and dismay within me because of what the girl did to Tabi, but I can't put all the blame on her because, on his part, he also had a mistake. Me too, even. Perhaps, if we already got together much earlier, it would've been prevented.

 

"I agree, he surely did the biggest mistake of his life when he dated that girl."

 

"How about Asia Chow? They never got official? I thought they were already together when I met her." Chaerin asked. I badly wanted to divert the topic. Why are we even talking about the women Tabi had?Now, I'm wondering if the two is still aware of my existence.

 

Bom smirked and threw a knowing look at me before dragging her gaze back to Chaerin. She cocked her head at my direction, "Ask your unnie."

 

I felt my heat cheeks and inwardly cursed Bom for leaving that question to me.

 

"They were about to..." I trailed off and Chaerin was expectant that I would add something to my statement.

 

"And somehow, I intervened." I continued, making Chaerin throw into a fit of giggles and Bom to let put the boisterous laugh she has been stifling.

 

Red because of embarrassment, I covered my face. Why did I even answer that? I could've dismissed it.

 

As if on cue, the memories to how that happened came on surging in my mind like a tidal wave.

 

 

 

(2016)

Candles flickered and sweet music soothed the ears of the customers, accentuating the romantic atmosphere of the restaurant. Among all of them, there was a conspicuous pair, and it was impossible not to notice the two because of the ethereality their faces has brought.

 

The pair was Choi Seunghyun and Sandara Park, after all. What a surprise!

 

"It's been a long time since we last had a meal with just the two of us," TOP mused and Dara nodded eagerly in agreement.

 

"Yes," she pointed a fork at him and squinted her eyes, an impish smile appearing on her luscious lips. "And I conclude that's because of your new woman."

 

New woman?

 

TOP looks taken aback before chuckling in retort, "Hmm. I don't think so. Didn't you and Siwan got back together?" he teased, masking his bitterness at thought of it, and Dara was surprised.

 

"Eh? Where did you get that kind of information? We didn't, so it's all on you." She stuck her tongue out and proceeded to take a bite of her steak.

 

On the other hand, TOP's mouth went agape at her revelation. He looked at her intensely, trying to figure out the emotions playing on her face. He really thought that they got back together since he heard from Bom that they recently met up. 

 

"Why?" he asked absent-mindedly.

 

Dara's eyebrows knitted, "We thought we're just better off as friends," she said abruptly and took a sip of from her glass of wine. 

 

Tabi had a hard time suppressing a smile. Needless to say, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter