Chapter Two

Polar

 

Chapter Two

Deal


“So we’ll have the Jasmine Glass?” Yunho asked, confirming their venue choice.

“I’ll go with The Summit,” Yunho stopped whatever he was doing and looked at Jaejoong.

“I thought you have a good feeling with Jasmine Glass.”

“That was before you flirted with Ms. Kwon,” Jaejoong then started to get up to walk out of Yunho’s office.  But Yunho caught his hand before he could even walk.  He held his hand and looked at him tenderly.  Jaejoong knew that he was ready to surrender at his will when the guy acted that way.

“I have never once tempted to cheat on you with any other woman.  No matter how gorgeous they are.  Eight years, Jae,” he then pulled Jaejoong to sit on his lap and hugged him.  Just like that, they found comfort on each other.  “What made you think that I’d do this to you now?”

“I’ve seen how you looked at her, Yun.  She’s a woman after all.  A hell of a gorgeous woman.”

“It seems that I am the one who needs to be worries.”  Jaejoong laughed at Yunho’s quip and stood up.  He ruffled Yunho’s hair.

“I am the feminine one here so don’t reverse the situation.”

“But I’ve seen how you were eying the Ms. Kwon,” Yunho countered.  Jaejoong frowned, irritated that Yunho caught him looking at Kwon Yuri.

“That’s because I was wishing that I would have that body.”


“I’m sure you’ll get it,” Tiffany said as she poured another glass of wine on her empty glass.  Opposite her is Yoona and just behind the manager’s table is Yuri.

“I don’t know Tiff.  Kim Jaejoong didn’t seem to be happy with me,” Yuri said and eyed the crimson liquid in her glass and took a sip on it.

“It’s Kim Jaejoong.  You should’ve worn something revealing for him.  He’s a darn fashionista,” Tiffany said.  Yuri choked on her wine and Yoona chuckled.

“Whoa!  Hwang, easy on the alcohol,” Yoona spat on Tiffany as she poured on her and Yuri another glass.  “You’re getting alcoholic. “

“Psh.  You’re just saying it because you have low alcohol tolerance,” and Tiffany downed her glass in a blink which made the two other girls wince.

“Anyway you should have seen him and Jung Yunho in their office.  Damn, they looked like they just came from their fashion magazine’s photoshoot.  They were hot!”  Yoona glared at her and she only smiled sheepishly. 

Im Yoona happened to be her girlfriend.  When they met in college, she knew she loved Yoona at first sight.  Yoona was all the guys were after.  And while Yoona was always in different relationships, Yuri was just by her side, always a friend to her.  Then Jessica, one of their friends came along.  She was the one who was always with Yuri when Yoona was with other guys until suddenly Yoona stopped dating.  The three of them stuck together.  Yuri had no intention of pursuing her feelings for Yoona but one day, Yoona confessed her attraction to Yuri.  Five years.  They’re still together after five years and they gained more friends who are open for their relationship, Tiffany being one of them. 

“Yoona, you’re not touching your glass,” Tiffany whined.  Yoona just rolled her eyes.

“You know I am not good with alcohol even wine makes me feel dizzy already.  Yuri took her glass when Tiffany was about to press the issue.  Tiffany just rolled her eyes.

“Whatever.  You’re wasting a good wine.”

Just then, the phone rang.  “Her-low,” there was already a slur in Yuri’s words.  “Kwon Yuri, Jasmine Glass Hotel.”  She glared at Tiffany who was muffling her laugh with Yoona.

“Ms. Kwon, are you drunk?” said the arrogant voice on the other line.

“Excuse me?” Yuri couldn’t help but feel offended.  She looked at the clock.  Who in Lee Soo Man’s ugly face would call her office at darn ten forty two?  And it’s her direct line.

“I called because of two reasons.  First, to see if you’re really as hardworking as they say you are.  For a second, I thought you were because you’re still in your office at this hour only to discover you having your late night drink.”

Tiffany pushed the loud speaker button because she was curious and she was naturally nosy.  “And two, to tell you that yes, you got the deal with Andromeda.  It makes me wonder if you could handle the pressure.”  It was Kim Jaejoong, alright.  Tiffany’s eyes widened in delight and Yoona squealed.  “What was that?  Do you have a cat in your office?”

“C-Cat?  Oh! No, it was my assistant, Yoona.”

 “Hey, Mr. Kim,” Yoona said.

“And Tiffany, her friend,” Tiffany piped.

“Oh!” Jaejoong’s voice suddenly became firm to which the two giggled.  “I’m so sorry to disrupt a ladies’ meeting.  Ms. Kwon, we’ll send the contract tomorrow after we see the venue itself.  Goodnight, girls.”

“Bye, Mr. Kim!” the two said in unison.

When Yuri put back the phone on its cradle, Tiffany started squealing.  “That was Kim Jaejoong!  Yul, can I be here tomorrow?”

“Yes but during the meeting, no!” Yuri said sternly.

“He sounded so dreamy,” Yoona said then saw Yuri’s expression and decided to change the topic.  “Anyway Yul, aren’t you happy?  You just got the deal!”

A huge smile appeared on Yuri’s face.  “My first major event in Jasmine Glass.”

“And you know what this means, right?” Tiffany asked and held up a bottle of champagne.  “Celebration!”

Yuri and Yoona laughed at their friend’s weirdness.  Tiffany Hwang doesn’t seem to run out of alcohol supplies and they wonder where he gets them.

“Cheers!”


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey there!  I updated this before Jessica Jung's disease catches up with me again(laziness).  Thank you all for the warm response for my first JaeRi.  Please do tell me what you think. ^^

For the slight YunRi last chapter, well, there's just gotta be an interaction between them.  I didn't even notice that it would appear like that. LOL ^^