Chapter Ten

Polar

Chapter Ten

Woes of the Heart


Bacon.  The air smells of bacon, that was what Yuri thought the moment she woke up.  Just the smell of it made her hungry already.  She came home late last night and after a long week her body just gave in to sleep the moment her body made contact with the bed.  Dinner and bath were forgotten altogether.

“Unhealthy freaks,” she mumbled as tumbled half-awake to the kitchen.

“Hey, good morning!” she heard Yoona called out.  Good she’s here, she thought.  It’s been two weeks since she had that drinking deal with Jaejoong and Yuri could vow that she never had a real conversation with Yoona.  They lived in the same house, worked at the same hotel so she found it weird that they could hardly talk.  They never had a gap like that before because they always found time to talk and see each other but somehow, things getting weird lately.  She was almost sure that Yoona was avoiding her and a tiny bit of her is kinda relieved with that.  She was guilty.  But it was too damn tiring and she missed Im Yoona.

“Morning,” she said, barely audible.  “Where are Taeyeon and Sunny?”  The two girls weren’t there which was odd because the two are the resident bums every Sundays.

“They went out early.  Taeyeon said they were going fishing at Sunny’s uncle’s man-made lake.  You should have seen the two last night, they were so excited.”

“Psh, they didn’t even invite us,” she grumbled and watched Yoona put more bacon on the skillet.  It was such a homely sight.

“They wanted us to come but I thought you might be tired and would want some rest.  And don’t argue with m- ow!” she flinched as she dropped the spatula she was using. 

“Hey!”  She rushed over to her side and she put off the stove.  She inspected Yoona’s hand and there was a swell at the side of her hand.  “Aish, you’re not careful, you!”

Almost at one move at once, Yuri already applied first aid to Yoona’s slight burn and fussed at how she should be careful all the time.  Yoona smiled gently as her girlfriend went on and on.  She wondered how she would be able to go on with her life when things would get straighten out.  Just the thought of how she could inflict pain to Yuri made it painfully hard for to imagine already.  And for all it’s worth, she wanted to be honest with her, she owes that much to the person she loved and loved her back in return.

Yuri flinched when Yoona suddenly hugged her tightly.  The ointment she was holding fell and left ignored as she slowly hugged Yoona back.  She was crying.  She could hear her sobbing and her shoulders were shaking.  She could feel her arms around her tightening as her sobbing got louder.

“I’m sorry,” Yoona started through her sobs.  “I’m really, really sorry Yul.”

She didn’t know why was apologizing to her but she could already feel too much pain.  Actions speak louder than words, they say and it has never been so true for Yuri.  A miserable Yoona in her arms was enough to inflict so much pain to her.   Despite that she found herself ready to forgive her with whatever she was apologizing for.

“I-I swear if I could just stop this whole thing that would hurt you, I would,” Yoona said and let go of Yuri.  She searched for Yuri’s face. 

“Yoong, whatever it is, let’s talk about it first.  Please don’t be hasty,” Yuri said.  She had a bad feeling that this would be threatening their relationship.  She may have short, unthinkable moments with Jaejoong, and God, the guy has been plaguing her thoughts night and day until now, but it doesn’t mean she wanted to let go of Yoona.

 Yoona looked down.  She wouldn’t be able to tell her if she would be looking into her eyes, she just couldn’t.

“I’m having a baby.”

 Yoona managed to say it without croaking and she broke down to tears again.  She felt Yuri’s hands left hers and she cried even more.  She would understand if Yuri would hate her.  God, she was so stupid to let this happen.

She was pregnant.  She didn’t honestly know what to think.  A part of her wanted to hate Yoona for cheating on her yet a part of her was glad.  Glad that Yoona was going to have something that they probably never going to have if they keep their relationship forever.   She kept her silence for a long time as Yoona waited for her to say something.  She wanted to think about what she was going to say next so she wouldn’t regret anything. 

“Yuri, please say something,” Yoona pleaded.

“I don’t know what to say,” she said, shaking her head and laughing mockingly at their situation.  “What do you want me to say, Yoong?”

“I understand if you hate me now.  I don’t think I’d forgive myself for putting us into this situation.”

Yuri hugged Yoona again, suddenly.  All of her love pouring for her fragile girlfriend right then.  “Yoona, don’t ever hate yourself.  I had plans for both of us together and it doesn’t matter if it had to change.  I just want you to be happy.  You know that right?  This baby is a blessing, remember that.”

Yoona nodded and hugged Yuri back.  They stayed like that for a long time, smiling for their now unknown future.


 

“Is that your decision,” Yunho said grimly looking at Jaejoong.

“Yes,” Jaejoong said quietly.  “I’ve thought about it for a long time.  There’s just no use pretending otherwise.”

“Is that why you have been avoiding me for the past weeks?”

Jaejoong sighed and leaned back at the sofa.  He didn’t think it would come down to this.  Yes, he had been avoiding Yunho for the past weeks.  He was guilty and he knew that Yunho would be able to tell it right away.

“Yes.  I didn’t know how to tell you about it.  I don’t want you to hate me so I had to think more before I make any decision.”

“You chose to follow your heart, huh?”  Jaejoong looked up at Yunho.  He didn’t look as upset as he thought he would be.  He looked solemn but not angry.  “I think I will have to do the same.”

Jaejoong looked confused.  “What do you mean?”

“It’s Yuri, isn’t it?  You like her now and you want to give it a try with her,” Yunho stated.  Jaejoong stared at him with disbelief. 

“How did you know that?”

“It doesn’t take much to know, Jae.  Remember, I know you and you can’t lie to me.  I knew there was something that is bothering.  You are always jumpy and every time you hear her name, your eyes woulf instantly dart everywhere as if expecting her to come out of nowhere.”

Silence fell between them.  Jaejoong was afraid that Yunho would tell him off because he used to be so much irritated with Yuri. 

“It was inevitable.  Everyone knows she’s gorgeous but there was something more behind her façade and found myself enjoying around her.  I found myself finding her presence and for the past weeks, I tried so hard to keep myself from contacting her.”

“But you did,” Yunho stated flatly.  “I heard you talking to your phone once and you were talking to her.”  Jaejoong smiled and shook his head.

“I tried to ask her out but she refused me every time I asked her.  She loves someone else.”

“Why are you choosing to let me go now if as you say, she has someone else?” Yunho asked.

“I know we have something special,” he simply stated, wistful expression on his face.

Silence settled between them again.  There was no need to argue.  They both need that they wish each other’s happiness and if it means letting go each other, they would.

“I-” Jaejoong was interrupted by the shrill sound of the doorbell.  He frowned and thought of who could be the guest by that time.  He wanted to ignore it but Yunho nodded to him, saying that it was alright.

When he opened the door, he found Yuri staring back at him, her eyes swollen and red.  The moment she saw him, she threw herself in his arms and buried her face in his chest.  For some good minutes, he let her there, crying to him while the door was wide open and Yunho was watching.


a/n: Enjoy!  Because I enjoyed writing this :)  Found my notes for this story yesterday and yeah...  And I just want to say that it's so unfair that Jae is perfect and he's just human like us.  Demit, why can't my bias Changmin be like him?!  I prolly wouldn't love as much if was like Jaejoong.  Say something about my new banner or display name, too.  Just talk to me!