Chapter Six

Polar

 

Chapter Six

Conscience


“Taeng, wake up!”

Yuri looked up from her ginger tea and smiled.  Sunny is having a hard time waking Taeyeon again while she has already set aside three cups of tea enough for the occupants of their penthouse. 

It has three bedrooms; she and Yoona occupy the two rooms while the two danshins share the biggest room.  She and Yoona decided to have a room of their own because Yoona’s mother visits them often, they’ll be damned if they ever get caught doing something, and they both agreed that they need their own space, literally.

“Aigoo, Taeng, I’m spraying water on you!”  It was Sunny’s loud, high pitch voice again through their door.

“Omo, Sunny’s having a hard time again?” Yoona, straight from her room, said.  Her hair is not yet combed and she wears glasses.  She immediately went to the counter and picked up her tea.  “You never learn.  Those two will never drink this.”

“That makes our share to two cups again,” Yuri said too cheerily.  It made Yoona a bit suspicious.

“What happened to you last night?  You suddenly became oddly too quiet,” Yoona asked.  Yuri gulped down her tea and looked at her girlfriend uneasily.  There was no use lying to her because Yoona knows her down right pat.

“Jaejoong asked me to be his date on the anniversary party.”

There was silence between them and Taeyeon’s howl could be heard.  Yoona gulped down her tea and took another cup intended for one of the little people.

“I said yes.”  Her guilt is slowly building up inside her.

Yoona gulped down the tea again and took the last cup.  She downed the last cup without so much breathing.

“I couldn’t refuse.  I-I-I…” she explained helplessly.

“I understand,” her girlfriend finally spoke.  “The guy must be attracted to you…I mean who wouldn’t?”  She even smiled at her reassuringly and full of adoration.  “And we couldn’t reveal our relationship.”  She reached for Yoona’s hand.  It was hard for them.  They’re afraid to be exposed in the prejudice world.  Society might not accept them and they couldn’t even gamble their chance when they have their family’s names to protect.

“But seriously though, I thought Jung Yunho might have beat Jaejoong to it in asking you for a date.  I guess being that handsome comes with a huge amount of confidence,” Yoona said as she brought the emptied cups to the sink.  Yuri noted the underlying compliment to Jaejoong.  Yoona is not the one to easily give compliments especially when it comes to how good-looking guys are.

“You have no idea how much confidence that guy has.”  Taeyeon and Sunny chose to get out of their room that minute, Taeyeon looking somewhat damp in the face.

“You don’t have to spray water on me,” Taeyeon grumbled.

“I’ve been waking you up for ages and you don’t even flinch for your ’s sake!”

“I have a hangover, puh-lease!”

“And I’ve been telling you last night to stop competing with Tiffany.  Seriously, that girl has no alcohol limit and you don’t learn.”

Taeyeon could only puff her cheeks as Sunny continues with her nagging.  Who knows what Sunny won’t give to her when she keeps being stubborn.

“Oh, good.  There’s no ginger tea waiting for us this time!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

Yuri just rolled her eyes.  “Yoona gladly finished them off for you.  FYI, ginger tea is good for your health.”

“But oh-so-not-good for my delicate palate,” Taeyeon said with a little laugh.

Yuri just snorted far from her usual lady-like front.  “I am so not going to visit you when you get sick.”


 

Jaejoong stared at the ridiculous pile of files Gyuri is placing on his table.  “Are you sure this is all mine?  I had an over time the other night to cut some work and now, you give me this?”

“Mr. Jung will be reviewing this after you sign them all.  He’s been up here early this morning according to Victoria.”  Jaejoong raised an eyebrow to this.  Yunho is hard-working, sure but he has never come too early that seven thirty in the morning.

“Really?  Something must be bugging him if he works so hard.”

“What about you?  What’s bugging you?” Gyuri asked nonchalantly.

“Don’t ask me questions like that because you’re not my friend.”

“I’ve walked in on you spacing out,” Gyuri continued, unfazed by her boss’ iness.

Jaejoong sighed defeatedly.  “God, Gyuri!  Someone should teach you to mind you own business.”  He started shuffling one of the folders as Gyuri strutted out of his office in his great annoyance.  She knows he wouldn’t fire her that’s why she’s acting like a prick secretary.

He started reading what’s inside the files but his mind wandered back to Yoochun’s club again.  Back at the girl in his arms last night, to be specific.  She must have put some spell on him that’s why he couldn’t concentrate on his work.  That’s it!  Kwon Yuri is officially a witch.  He should stay away from her but the thought of Yunho coming on to that witch, is bugging him to no end. 

Keep your friends close but your enemy closer.

He has never been a believer of that ridiculous anecdote but now, he is.  His decision was just right.  He stood up and stormed out of his office.


 

Yunho has been signing papers for the whole twenty minutes and hasn’t even looked up to him since he came in.  Something must be bugging him.

“Yunnie,” he called but to no avail.  “Yunnie,” he repeated.

Yunho sighed and finally looked up.  “Yes, Jae.”

“Do you have a problem?  Gyuri said you came in very early.”

“I have a lot of work to do today.  I just can’t afford to slack off.”

“But you never do that and you just finish your load earlier than their due.”

“I have no problem.  I would have told you if there was, okay?”

Jaejoong looked at him, unconvinced.  “Okay, so.  I have to tell you something and promise me you won’t get mad.”

Yunho looked at him again and nodded.  He was curious what Jaejoong’s confession this time is.

“I asked someone to be my date on the anniversary party,” Jaejoong said almost quietly.

Yunho dropped his Parker’s and gaped at Jaejoong.  There he was, feeling all guilty for wanting to ask Yuri to be his date and Jaejoong already asked somebody?  Someone must be playing a joke on him.

“I know that it’s pretty sudden but I was so caught up in the moment and just asked her right then,” Jaejoong said while trying to align his thumbs like a five-year old kid.

Caught up in the moment?  Wait, Jae, were you cheating on me?” Yunho asked, confused at what Jaejoong’s saying.

“No!  How could I do that?  No, it was last night.  She somehow ended up in my arms, don’t ask me how because everything was so blurry, and Katy Perry’s song seemed to be so encouraging.  I asked her right then.”

“Can I ask who this mysterious someone you are talking about?”  Yunho was somehow uneasy with the ‘she’.

“It’s Kwon Yuri.”

Yunho laughed.  He should have seen it coming as he’d seen them act rather awkwardly sometime after they returned from the dance floor.  He didn’t ask anything because he thought they were just tired after hours of dancing.

“Why are you laughing?  Aren’t you angry at me?”

He shook his head.  “Nope.  I was thinking of asking her, too but you obviously beat me to it.  And you always claim that you’re the feminine in our relationship when girls would fall down on your knees.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes.  Yunho was planning on asking the witch out to his annoyance.  He should stick to his plan then.

“Anyway that’s all I am here for.  I should go back now before your files are all done.  I don’t want you yelling at Victoria when you don’t have anything else to do.  It adds up to my bugging conscience.”

Jaejoong left the smiling Yunho alone. 

Yunho never thought this time would actually come.  It seems that the two of them are attracted to the same girl.  What’s making this all bittersweet?  It was actually the first time Jaejoong has been attracted to a girl since they’ve known each other. 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HI!  Yeah, I updated!  I should have updated last night but the internet connection was crawling, I contented myself watching Death Note.  I know it's quite the chapter you expected so sorry.  I have a new banner...ta-dah!  I made that one!  So yeah, I want to thank my friend who made the previous one.  Thanks Ja! Thank you, too, to my new subscribers and readers!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I am crazy with updates lately so keep track for my new updates, okay?  I am so gonna finish posting Tangled already.  But I am so lazy to encode it.

Comments everyone, please?  THANK YOU!