Chapter Five

Polar

 

Chapter Five

Insane Firework


 

The upbeat music, the dancing lights and the grinding bodies on the dance floor means a hard party.  Junsu has been dancing on his seat while holding a beer and looking left and right like an excited kid.  Yoochun is having a loud talk with Yunho over the loud music and Changmin is just sitting and observing everyone like usual.

“Where’s your Summer?  It’s past ten already and the real party is gonna start soon,” Jaejoong asked.

“She’ll be here soon.  She and her friends just ate out first and caught up on each other before coming here,” Changmin said.

He still couldn’t believe that their maknae is getting married.  After three years of being a photographer in Japan, he came back in Korea and announced that he was getting married.  Changmin was the most dependent among them.  He couldn’t even cook simple noodle back then.

“She’d be bringing friends?” Junsu asked.

“Yep, her college friends.”

“Omo!  There’d be girls,” Junsu gushed like a high school kid.  He even high fived with Yoochun who was smiling ear to ear.

“Psh!  Playboys,” Jaejoong commented.

“How about you, Jae?  When are you going to introduce someone to us?  We keep hearing rumors about you and a lot of girls,” Yoochun asked.  Yunho hastily drank from his beer and looked away.

“I barely have time for those kinds of things.  I always get my hands full with work,” Jaejoong answered.

“Tsk.  And I bet girls fall on your feet,” Junsu said.  “What about you, Yunho-hyung?”

“It’s the same with Jae.  We’re really busy especially now that Andromeda’s celebrating five years.”

“Wow, five years?  Is that how long you’ve been since you started?” Yoochun said.

A group of girls then stole everyone’s attention.  Led by three short girls, the group of beautiful women made their way to the dance floor right when they entered.  They were all wearing mini dresses in black and white like they were some girl group about to perform.  A certain woman stood out amidst the sea of black and white in Jaejoong’s eyes.  If his eyes weren’t playing on him, it was Kwon Yuri rocking the little venus-cut mini dress.  He wasn’t sure though because the woman’s hair was let loose in a y mess, something he wouldn’t imagine image-freak Yuri would do. 

One of the girls, the tallest one, went up to their table with a wide smile and her eyes fixed on one person, Changmin.  “Min!” the girl called.  Changmin stood up and grabbed her lightly and introduced her to the pack.  “Hey, guys!  Wait, I’ll call my friends.”

Sooyoung went back to the dance floor where the girls were already dancing.  She said something with some incomprehensible gestures, in Jaejoong’s opinion, and pointed at their direction.  Never in Jaejoong’s gay life did the world stop when he met somebody’s eyes.  Not even with Yunho.  Not until now.  Kwon Yuri with her flowing hair looked at him and the music stopped, the lights dimmed and everyone else disappeared.  He could only see Yuri and her slightly open mouth.  She started walking towards him and his heart started racing.  Somebody tapped him at the shoulders and found Yunho frowning at him. 

“Close your mouth before your tongue hangs out,” he said.

“What are you talking about?” he said defensively and tried to hide his face, that he was sure was blushing.

“Oh my God!  You’re Kim Jaejoong, right?” said the girl with slightly curled hair.  Her eyes are barely seen because of excitement.  “I’m Tiffany.  I was there when you called Yuri the last time, remember?”  She even pointed at Yuri’s direction.

“Uh, yeah,” he said.  He recalled an excited voice saying, ‘Tiffany’.  Junsu was eying him maliciously.  “What?”

“You said you were busy but you were calling some hot chick?” Junsu ribbed him.

“That was for business purposes,” he said grumpily.  Sooyoung then introduced the eight girls to the boys.  Junsu were eying them rather excitedly.

“Hey, Junsu, stop that,” Yoochun scolded him.

“Oh c’mon, I’m not doing anything wrong,” he defended himself.  “Would you girls like to dance?”

“Sure!” said the three short girls.  Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyoyeon led Junsu to the dance floor.

“I’m not gonna let Junsu have all the fun so I’ll see ya on the dance floor!” Yoochun said as he was followed by Jessica and Tiffany.

“So where did you guys met?” Seohyun asked Changmin and Sooyoung.

“She was my model for a magazine photoshoot once.  When she ate my share of pizza during the shoot, she decided to treat me to a yakiniku.  And the rest is history,” Changmin said with a little smile on his face.

“Changmin usually throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get to eat,” Jaejoong informed them.

“Same with Sooyoung.  She talks non-stop when she’s hungry.  You have to feed her to make her stop,” Yuri said.

“Food makes us strong, you know,” Sooyoung grumbled.

They were all talking and drinking except for Yoona while the others were still on the dance floor.  Yoona then got bored because she was the one who was just eating.

“Let’s go dance,” she said to Yuri.  Then the four remaining girls went to join the others.  There was something wild with nine girls dancing around the please Yoochun and Junsu.

“Hey, Changmin, aren’t you afraid that those two will take your Summer away from you?” Jaejoong asked.  Changmin chuckled.

“You don’t know her.  She’ll just have them wrapped around her fingers,” Changmin said proudly of his Summer.

Jaejoong looked at the scene again.  For a second, his mind played tricks on him again.  Just amidst the wild grinding that people call dancing, two figures of Im Yoona and Kwon Yuri are rather dancing too intimately.  He was convinced that it was only his gay mind that gave it a malicious meaning but when he saw Yoona snake her arm around Yuri, he knew that it must be something more.   Jaejoong was in awe.  The two were shamelessly dancing so intimately and nobody seemed to mind.  Was he the only one who could see that Yoona was actually nibbling on Yuri’s neck already?

“Excuse me,” he suddenly stood up.  He didn’t know what came up to him but he just found himself threading the dancing crowd and stopped at the dark spot where Yuri and Yoona were dancing.  He didn’t know what made him dance but he just did.  Yoona pushed Yuri gently and laughed.  Yuri was clearly pissed off but just laughed along.  The duo started dancing against him and Jessica decided to join in.  Soon, Jaejoong found himself at the center of nine hot girls dancing at Taio Cruz’ song.  Yoochun and Junsu just laughed at their misfortune to be Jaejoong’s friend.  Girls flock at him and they are used to it.  When he looked at their table, Yunho was gone.  Changmin was left drinking while watching Sooyoung dance.  He then started to panic as he heard Katy Perry’s song started playing.  He tried to look for Yunho but it was impossible to see when the lights are dancing all around.  He shoved Sunny who happily clung to Taeyeon for support.

“Free tequila drink at the DJ’s corner,” the DJ’s voice sounded through the music.  People started dashing onto the DJ and he was shoved farther.

“Oomph!”  Somebody was shoved right into his arms.  “Sor-“ Yuri suddenly stopped when she met Jaejoong’s eyes.

Everything moved in slow motion again as they looked into each other’s eyes.  No matter how much they wanted to look away, they couldn’t.  When more people pushed their way to the DJ, Yuri was pushed further into his arms.  He pulled her closer and tightened his arms around her to keep her from falling.  Was it this good to have a woman held in your arms? He could feel her heartbeat.  She was sweaty yet he didn’t care.  He was savoring the momentary insanity.

You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine

 Just own the night like the 4th of July

“Be my date on the anniversary party,” he said.  It was a soft whisper and he didn’t know if she could hear it over Katy Perry’s voice.

'Cause baby, you're a firework

 Come on, show 'em what you're worth

 Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh

 As you shoot across the sky

“Yes.”  It was clear.  He smiled.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Hey there!  Polar's subscribers seem to be growing every time I log in and I am truly happy about it.  I can't PM my thanks to everyone because I am always in a hurry when I log in so let me shout it out to you all:

THANK YOU!!!

So if you have noticed wioth bits of everything in this story, I am ACE FAMILY shipper.  I may prefer a boy/girl relationship but I just can't resist scattering them in my stories.  I ship ChangSoo, too so please don't kill me if I insert bits of them.  

I am currently listening to Say Yes.  Awesome song, really and one of my favorites in The Boys track along with Trick.  I could hear Yuri's voice distinctly.  I am proud of the four dancers who are always improving their singing skills.  SNSD is truly an awesome group!  

I am planning to go back to FF.net this week.  I neglected my stories and my ultimate OTP there, and I wanted to make up with my subscribers and readers there.  It has been so long.  How I wish they also feature KPOP there.  There are lots of good writers there while there are so few YunRi and JaeRi writers here.  There are times that I just want to read than to write and I am depressed that I almost read everything.  Please JaeRi/YunRi authors here, update soon!^^ 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and please Review!

  • The song lyric used above is from Katy Perry's Firework.  Awesome song and singer, too.^^  
  • I don't own Taio Cruz.  I just like dancing to Break Your Heart.

I'm off to FF.net for a while^^ (ignoring my project proposal)