Chapter Eight

Polar

 

 

Chapter Eight

Revelations

 


 

 

Yuri pounded on the door furiously.  She already pushed the doorbell for the fifth time and it was against her doorbell principle to press that button for more than five times.  It’s just seven o’clock in the morning and she’s already in front of Kim Jaejoong’s pad.  She was damn glad she was friends with the certain Tiffany Hwang.  Aside from being a spoiled socialite, Tiffany was also part-time real estate broker, wine expert, fashion expert and hot guys’ information source.  Her latter work made it possible for her to know Jaejoong’s address.  It took her many promises and one of her father’s vintage wines to acquire it.

Her irritation was growing by every second the door in front of her was kept closed.   She prepared herself for another round of fury-powered knocks when the door was rudely opened and a groggy Jaejoong appeared.  He wore a low-cut V-neck shirt that exposed his sinful chest and for a second, her eyes feasted there.

“Who the hell –Yuri?!”  Jaejoong was least to say, flabbergasted.  The facts that she knew his address and she was there early in the morning were overlooked.  It was his first time seeing a bare face Yuri and in simple casual clothes.  She might be wearing a pair of her sky-high heels but this time, she was actually wearing jeans, T-shirt and a hoodie. 

“Where is she?”  She forced herself inside his luxurious pad and starting checking anywhere her feet would take her.  Jaejoong was almost caught up with the furious beauty as passion shone in her face.

Then what she said hit him.   “Wait, what?  Where’s who?”  Kwon Yuri might be the most beautiful surprise he ever had but he didn’t know what she was talking about. 

“Yoona!  Where is she?” she snapped at him.  “She didn’t come home last night and no one knows where she is.  You were the last person she was with last night.”

Yuri went half crazy when she learned that Yoona didn’t come after the party.  Yoona never stayed out without telling her.  She knew that it was irrational to suspect Jaejoong to be with Yoona but her gut feeling just told her that she was right.

“Yuri, have you gone mad?  Why in hell would Im Yoona be here?”  Jaejoong was outraged.

“You…You seduced her last night.  You were clearly had some magic or something that make women fall for you,” she babbled.  She knew that she sounded ridiculous but it was desperation talking.

Jaejoong shook the desperate woman in front of him.  He needed to calm her down because she looked so half-crazy.  “Yuri, calm down.”  He hugged her.

“She’s not home.  My girlfriend’s not home,” Yuri said while sobbing on his chest.

Jaejoong hugged her still.  His eyes and mouth were wide open, it looked comical.  Im Yoona was Kwon Yuri’s girlfriend?  Did he just hear her say what he thought?

“She’s your… girlfriend?” he slowly asked.  The woman in his arms nodded for the confirmation.

Did he hear a branch falling?  Did he hear glasses breaking?  Did he hear tires screeching?  He was not sure anymore but he was now sure that Kwon Yuri was a freaking lesbian.  “You’re a lesbian?”

This time, Yuri looked up, tears in her eyes, wide-eyed.   She just slip something to Kim Jaejoong of all people.  Kim Jaejoong owns a gossip magazine!

“I --! ”

One of the room’s doors opened and Jung Yunho walked out half-.  Despite the awkward position she and Jaejoong were in, she was still able to appreciate the other guy’s exposed skin.

“Good morning!” said a half-asleep Yunho.  There was no ounce of discretion in him and Yuri stared. 

“What are you doing?” Jaejoong pulled her head his way.  “Stop staring at him.”

Through the opened door where Yunho just came out, she could see Jaejoong’s large framed poster.  The first thing that came to her mind was, “You’re gay?”

It was a wild guess yet what she said gained flustered reactions.  It was what fully woke Yunho while Jaejoong blushed profusely.  They kept their secret for years only to be found out by Kwon Yuri.  Unfashionably.  They both knew that there was no way out of this because Kwon Yuri was a clever woman.

“So?  You’re lesbian,” Jaejoong just blurted which earned a ridiculous “What?!” from Yunho.


 

“Good job on landing at the front page,” Seohyun held out the copy of that day’s paper to Yuri.  She frowned when she saw her and Jaejoong’s picture when she came at the night of the party.  If a picture could tell a thousand stories, theirs would be pure fiction.  They looked like a smitten couple.

“New generation of business innovation found love in each other.  What the…!”  A front page article in a national paper was the last thing needed that day. 

She and the gay couple reached at an understanding to keep each other’s secrets since it would serve them their best interests if they would do so.  When she came home, she found Yoona looking extremely distressed.  She confessed that she walked out of the party out of jealousy.  Yoona doesn’t lie but she still felt that there was still something off about her.  Yoona has been avoiding her all day and she thought that the article has got something to do with it.  She might have seen it already.

“Have you talked to Yoona about this?” the younger woman asked.

“No.  I’ve just seen this.  There was so much going on since this morning.”  Yuri then stood up.  She won’t just sit there and wait for everything to unfold.  “I need to talk to her.  Thanks for the head up, Seo.”

Yuri marched out of her office to find Yoona.  She needs to clarify things to her.  She found Yoona just outside her office carrying a bouquet of white roses.  Her face was strained and even the smile she gave her was almost faltering.

“Yuri!  This came for you.”  Yoona handed her the flowers.  She knew it wasn’t from Yoona.  White roses.  They’re not Yoona’s thing.  She hastily read the card that came with it.

‘I hope everything goes well ~Jaejoong’

With you sending the flowers, no it won’t.

“He’s gay!” she blurted.

“What?!” Yoona’s face was full of confusion.


 

“Why did you tell her?” Jaejoong asked through clenched teeth.  When Yuri invited him for a short drink, he thought that they were going to finally patch things up since they just got off the wrong foot and misunderstood everything.  Everything just vanished when they met at a bar and reintroduced him to Yoona as her gay friend.

It was just a wrong time when Yuri went to his pad.  He found Yunho pissed drunk when the party ended.  He felt no need to bring him to his apartment when he could just take him home with him.  The smart guy pissed on his suit so he ended up cleaning it and settled him on his bed while he slept on his huge sofa.  He didn’t think that a crazy witch would turn up and mess everything.

“I had to.  We were on the front page of a goddamn paper and your flowers didn’t help at all.  It was the only way to reassure her that there was no way in hell we’re having an affair.”

“God, you’re impossible!” Jaejoong downed the shot of scotch in front of him.  He grinned as he felt the burn in his throat.  Having more people knowing about his real identity is something to be concerned about.  It would be a scandal.  He asked for another glass of scotch but it was snatched away by the witch beside him.  He watched in awe as the girl downed it.  “Whoa!   Easy on that, I don’t want to bring a drunken woman home especially when she has her girlfriend with her.”

“Psh.  You should be thankful I took that.  A wimp like you won’t last against me,” Yuri said with a slight slur in her voice.  Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at what she said.  He could already hear a buzz inside his head.  The last scotch wasn’t his first glass after all.

“Another glass, please.”  It was a statement of challenge that Kwon Yuri has no intention of backing down.  She echoed him and soon, they found themselves battling a game that they both lost.

Yoona just came back from the comfort room for some touch ups.  It was only a while and she found her two companions slumped on the bar counter, already drunk.  She wrinkled her nose at the sight of two unfinished drink.  That drink was also what brought her unending guilt of what happened last night.

She looked at Yuri’s face, her lovely Yuri.  How could she have betrayed this angel that God sent her?  Then she looked at the perfect sculptured face of Kim Jaejoong.  He was the guy that brought her pain last night.  It seemed that he would also be the one to mend what she would soon shatter.

“I do hope so, Kim Jaejoong.”  She smiled sadly then called the bartender.  “Could you help me get these two reckless idiots into my car?” 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I know some of you expected me to have updated earlier but I was on hiatus.  And guys, I need a favor... could please visit my blog, leave a comment or like it?  Our teacher posed a challenge that the one who gets most likes and comments would get an incentive.  I really, really need that incentive.  Please? I know this is shameless but I do need it.  I would really owe it to you.

And yeah, it's a lame update but it's the turning point of the storyXD