The Girl who Destorys

Teach Me: What is Karma

Unsatisfied by the respond, Jaerim ran up to Soeun and greets her with a nudge. “Hey.” He said awkwardly with both of his hand in his pocket and a shrugging shoulder.

* * *

Jaerim tighten his grip on Soeun’s hand. His eyes met with the girl and looked back at Soeun.  “Let’s get out of here.” Jaerim’s voice shaken. Before he can take a step, another group of hunter approached them from the back.

 

“No. Don’t even think about running Soeun!” The girl with the tattoo screamed. “I guess that rumor about you losing your memories are truth.” As she walked closer, Jaerim pulled Soeun away from the group. Soeun kept her glare at the girl. Even though she doesn't remember anything from the past, she knew that this is not a girl will like.

 

“I am Soora.” She raised her hand towards Soeun which caused her to flinched. Jaerim grabbed Soora’s hand before anything happens. The girl’s eyes scanned across his face and raised her eyebrows, then a smirk was followed.

 

Before Jaerim can even say a word, he feel a firm fist against his jaw and the next thing he can remember see is the group cornering Soeun.

 

“Leave him.” Soora commanded. She pushed hand on Soeun’s face ran her thumb on her cheeks.  “I am shocked. You and that boy can never be separated, but no matter what your past will cost you more than death.”

 

Soeun saw Soora’s expression changed drastically, and the next thing she knew was the pain as she was being slammed towards the ground. The stuck came so fast she forgot to react. She struggled to fight back at first, but soon she was just waiting for the pain to stop.  It didn’t take long for her to lost all senses.

 

 

Right. The others were right. They had a painful past. She need to get away from him and as far as possible. Not even friends.



* * *

“Soeun!” She heard a small voice calling for her name. The sound grew louder and louder, and finally, she saw the bright light against her eyes.

 

The boy next to her smiled with delight. It is Jaerim who smiled at her. For a second, she thought she was back in the hospital with Jaerim, but the large screen TV, the crystal ceiling light and the nicely decorated vase told her otherwise.

 

“You are awake.” Jaerim let out a sight.

 

“Where am I?” Soeun quickly sat up from the sofa. Her quick movement was punished by the pain from her aching body.

 

“My house.” Jaerim slide down to the floor and leaned his head on the sofa. “I thought we would be killed by those psychopaths.”

 

She finally remember the faces that crowded her to the ground. However, she had no fear. As long as her best friend is not hurt, she will be fine. Soeun stared at Jaerim’s back. Unknowingly, he turned around and made eye contact with her.

 

The boy paused for a while, but none of them looked away from each other. “Are you ok?” He asked.

 

“I am fine.” Soeun reply. “I think is time for me to go.”

 

As soon as she stood up, the floor started spinning. She attempted to stand strong with her feet, but they quickly gave up on her. Her whole body fell towards the floor. Gravity had the upper hand. Jaerim caught her from the fall, and slowly helped her to sit on the ground.

 

“I can take you home.” Jaerim requested.

 

“That’s not it.” Soeun rejected. She thought about Jaerim’s parents, her parents, and the girl Soora. They all reflected their past. It must be painful for both of them to face. She is sure now that her and Jaerim were from different world.

 

It doesn’t matter how many chance she was given to met him again. It will always turn out to be a disaster. Fate and destiny are two different thing.

 

Soeun pushed herself up from floor and grabbed her bag. With her wobbly legs, she made her ways to the door.

 

Jaerim grabbed her by the wrist, and stopped her before she reached her shoes. She watched as the boy held both of her hand and sat her down by the steps.

 

He kneel down before her and puts her shoes. Soeun can heard her heartbeat fasten. How can he do this? She is trying to stay far away from him. She has to control herself from these emotions. It will bring her pain.

 

She stood up and left the house. Jaerim watches her until she took a turn at the end of the street.


* * *

“What happened?” Soeun’s mother questioned as she saw her daughter walking into the house.

 

“I felt.” Soeun said coldly. “I am not hungry today.”

 

Soeun.” Her mother stopped her before she took another step. She looked at her straight in the eye and search with certainty. “You have to tell me what happened.”

 

Her mother’s eyebrows knitted closer together. Her wrinkle seems to have increased over the year and her fragile body and shaking hand never changed. Everyday she has to worry for her daughter, and not just that Soeun can feel it that her parents are always living with they head down.

 

It is like their family are living with guilt and the only thing that keep her parents alive is her.

 

“Tell me.” Her mother repeated.

 

“I was beat up by some kids.” Soeun answered without a drop of emotion.

 

She watched her mother’s anger slowly built up, but the fire didn’t burn. Her mother cross her arms and walked around for about a minute. “You go to have a rest. I will talk to your father about changing school. Okay?” She smooth Soeun’s arm with her pale and skinny hands.

 

“Why!” Soeun shifted away. Finally, she can feel herself tearing up. “Why! Why do I have to run away all the time!”

 

Her mother gave her a really guilty look.

 

“Bullying is not something you mess with. Soeun.” Her mother inched closer. “Sometimes, it’s just better to stay away.”

 

“No!” Soeun shook her head. “I am not running away! Those people make me sick!” Soeun wipes the tears off her face and headed up the stairs towards her room.

 

“No. Soeun.”  Her mother tries to explain, but she was too afraid.

 

She is afraid that she will lose her daughter.


* * *

 

Jaerim fixed his hair and waited outside Soeun’s house. He went out the house 20 minutes earlier than usual. As soon as he heard the metal door closes, he pretended that he was walking down the road. He make sure that makes eye contact with Soeun. Her eyes grew wide and quickly turned away to continue her way.

 

Unsatisfied by the respond, Jaerim ran up to Soeun and greets her with a nudge. “Hey.” He said awkwardly with both of his hand in his pocket and a shrugging shoulder.

 

 

“Hey.” She said quietly.

 

 

Jaerim tries to contain his smile by folding his lips together. After a short silence, he said, “Let’s go home together again.”

 

“I don’t think I can today.” Soeun replied.

 

“Why?” The boy asked without shying away.

 

“I think is best if you don’t get too friendly with me.” Soeun rejected coldly. Jaerim suddenly turned in front of her and cause her to bumped into him. She looks up at him and gave him a confused look.

 

His expression changed into a sad pouty face. “It is because of yesterday?”

 

“I don’t want to pull you into this.” Soeun took a deep breath and continue walking.

 

 

Jaerim chased after her, and lift her hand gently with his. She was shocked by action and they both stopped in the road.  Other students walked around them and some even gave a little giggle as they past by.

 

“What are you doing?” Soeun panicked by the skinship.

 

The boy’s eye was focused on the bandages on her hand. “You didn’t change your bandages. I put these on yesterday.”

 

Soeun jerked her hands away and keep walking. She can feel her face turned red, so she increased her speed. Only hoping that the blushing will going away when Jaerim caught up with her again.



* * *

“Soeun?” A voice called her name as she was walking down the hallway. She remember this boy. He was that weird boy who stopped her in the cafeteria. He is good looking, but Soeun had no interest at all. However, anyone would be a bit nervous when a bunch of girls around you are giving you the i-will-murder-you stare.

 

“You are?” Soeun asked with her eyebrow raised.

 

“Oh.” The boy laughed. “Kibum. I guess I am not that memorable after all.”

 

 

 

 

 

Soeun nodded and smiled slightly.

 

 

“Allow me to reintroduce myself.” The boy smiled with his teeth brightly shining under the sun. “My name is Kibum. I am part of the student committee.”

 

 

Now she understand all the hateful stares. This guy is at the top of the food chain. For him to even talk to her is enough jealousy to suffocate her single handedly.

 

“I was wondering if you would like to join the student committee.” Kibum fished out a card from his pocket. He handed her the card. “If you have any question, please contact me. Make sure you show up. It’s tomorrow after school.” She looked at the card in her hand as he walked away with a group of girls trailing after him.

 

“O. M. G. “ Jieun screamed next her ear. “What just happened?” Her smile is brighter than she ever seen.

 

“He wants me to join student committee.” Soeun answered calmly.

 

“Well. What are you waiting for? This is a big deal! He is the president!” Jieun squealed. “You will the top of the school or even the whole country.”

 

“I don’t really care. I am graduating in a year.” Soeun sighed.

 

“No.” Jieun shakes her head in shock. “No, no , no. You don’t understand this. All the student committees has a big organization in the country.” Jieun pointed at the card in her hand.

 

“This man is one of the top students. They affect you for life!” Jieun fold her hands together. “You really don’t understand. Him inviting you is like a superstar asking you to be the vip in his concert.”

 

“If you are not really a fan, then I don’t think it really matters.” Soeun said calmly.

 

“Girl.” Jieun grabbed Soeun’s hands together. “You might become rich or famous. Nobody graduates the committee without being a millionaires. They give you the finest and teach you the best. There are only four people in our school that are in the committee.”

 

 

 

 

Soeun smiled and brushed Jieun’s hand away. “If being in the committee means to be categorized with the bullies of the school, then I rather be nobody.”

 

Jieun watched her ridiculous friend walked away. The smile on her face slowly faded.

 

“Kibum.” Jieun chuckled.



* * *

After the last bell rang, students are all scattering out of the classroom. Some flew out the classroom and some took their time with their friends. Soeun walked out without paying attention to anyone. She is not going to escape. If the hunters are after her, then she will fight back with all she have.

 

Before she can brush herself up with courage, Soora stood in front of her way and a group of people in black quickly surrounded her.

 

 

 

 

 

Soora carried the smirk on her face as if every second is a joke to her. She played with Soeun’s hair with a smooth motion. “How are you, my best friend?”

 

 

“Better than I can ever be.” Soeun staring right into her eyes.

 

 

 

 

Soora let out a loud laugh in her own little dry humor. “I heard the student committee wants you.” She started to circle around Soeun observing every part of her body. Her stares are intimidating. “How can a little like you running around the top of the food chain!”

 

One of the guys spit on the floor and send Soeun a fierce stare. Soeun kept her stares at the guy and furrowed her eyebrows. “I do what I want. I don’t know who you are, so leave me be.”

 

 

 

 

Soora grabbed her by the throat and pushed her against the wall. The students are round them ran away without even lifting their head. Soeun dug her nails into Soora’s skin, but the girl sent out no sign of pain.

 

“You belong with us.” The girl laughed sickly. “No.” She looked at her gang behind her. “She is not even one of us.” The group laughs in agreement and sound out nasty words against her.

 

“You are low. You mess up your enemy, your best friend, your lover and even your family.” Soora pulled her lips towards Soeun's ear. “Oh, wait. Did I tell you?” The girl chuckled.

 

“Your new little toy, Jaerim. You destroyed him.”

 

It is time for you to pay back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

Hello, Sun shine ! I am back!

I am on winter break right now. Even  though I am still busy, I mange to squeeze out some fantasy from my fried brain.

Hope you enjoy it.