Away - Pt 2

Jungkook Oneshots Corner - Open for requests (:
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was extremely silent during dinner time. Only the clinking sound of utensils can be heard echoed through the dim dinning area. 

Jungkook was stirring his bowl of kimchi stew instead of drinking it. Thousand of thoughts were running through his mind.

Flashback

"You'll be having a family. Someone is adopting you." Mrs Park announced. 

It should be a really great news for Haewon since she lost her family ten years ago however, she couldn't bring herself to feel that way. Something in her was stopping her to feel glad. Something in her was stopping her from moving out of this orphanage.

Jeon Jungkook

He was the reason Haewon hesitated. He was the very reason why she couldn't bring herself to feel happy even though she was going to have a new family soon because that means, she had to be apart from him and that had been the last thing on her mind. How can she be apart from her only source of happiness after the miserable encounters she had. 

"They're inside. Your new family members. They would like to meet you." Mrs Park said and headed inside.

Haewon followed her disappearing figure before moving her gaze to Jungkook. He seem calm and emotionless. Haewon was wondering what he was thinking at that moment. 

Jungkook was beyond shocked after he heard the announcement. He felt betrayed and lost. He was going to lose someone he loves again. Just like how he lost his mother ten years ago. And now with Haewon being his only love ones, he suddenly felt anger grew inside him. He shut his eyes and tried to calm himself.

He felt something soft holding onto his right hand and looked down. It was Haewon's hand holding onto his. She looked scared and vulnerable as he noticed how she forced a small smile on her face.

"Will you go with me?" 

Jungkook's heart squeezed and he felt the pain in his heart as he saw her small body shook a bit. Jungkook tightened his hand around hers and gave a small smile. 

"Of course. Let's go." 

They entered the orphanage hand in hand and Haewon tightened her hold on Jungkook's hand as if he would disappeared if she let go. Jungkook squeezed her hand in return, assuring her that everything will be fine.

They reached the wooden double door where Mrs Park was already there waiting for her. Haewon gulped and met eyes with Mrs Park.

"They are going to be your new parents. Go and greet them." she said gently and gestured for her to enter the room.

The double door opened, revealing two person sitting next to each other. They were in their mid forties and they looked like a good pair of parents. 

Jungkook went in followed by Haewon, who was hidding behind Jungkook's strong build. She peeked out from behind him and saw how her new parents looked like. 

"These are my new parents? Why would they want to adopt me?" 

"Hi Haewon. It's nice to meet you." the lady greeted. Haewon bowed and looked at them with curiousity. 

The gentleman smiled and held out his hand. "Hello. I'm Kim Hyuk. It's really nice to finally meet you."

"Finally? What does it mean?"

"Jungkook, can you wait outside?" Mrs Park said.

The couple looked towards him and gave him an apologetic smile. Haewon tightened her hold and pleaded through her eyes.

"Please don't go."

Jungkook smiled and gently her head.

"Don't worry you'll be fine. I'll wait outside." With that he let go of her hand and turned towards the elders before giving them a small bow. He made eye contact with Haewon and gave her a small nod before disappearing behind the wooden doors.

Haewon turned back and her future parents were smiling warmly at her. 

"You must be confusing about the whole thing now Haewon ah. Mr and Mrs Kim had been visiting our orphanage for two weeks now, and had been observing you since then." Mrs Park explained

"You remind us a lot of our Sohyunnie. She'll be your age if she's still around." Mrs Kim said and sniffed a bit. Her husband wrapped his arms around her to provide comfort.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter