Brown Orbs

Nobody & Somebody

His eyes were unreadable. His brown orbs that I love too much to let go. I love those protruding duck lips of his. It was addictive and even the slightest move that his lips made me want to peck his lips hard especially when Jiyong smirks. His nose. When he snuggles into my neck, leans against my nose and nuzzles softly. Not forgetting those hands of his, he knows the slightest touch he does to me, electrifying feels are emitted. Every time, when we hugged each other to sleep, his heart beat was my lullaby. Every action he does, made me feel so important however I was blinded.

Yes, I am crazily in love with Kwon Jiyong. A nobody in love with a somebody.

After my confession to him, “Jiyong, I don’t love you anymore.”

He left me, half- on the bed. He left without a word. I wanted to just cry, scream and shout, “Coward.” But I loved him. I wanted to trash everything in the room and throw his picture out of the window. But I loved him too much to do that. My heart felt that it has been pulled out from my body. But I knew it from the beginning; I just needed to heal myself now.

I can still remember how Woo Hyun bragged into my room, finding me curled up on the floor and I whispered to him, “He left me, Woo Hyun, he really did.” And cried harder into his arms, the plan did worked well and he left me.

It has been 6 months since I have talked to Jiyong.

My sweet Jiyong, I hope he is doing well. Well, I am doing well, I think.

I heard that after I returned back to school. He was planning on a comeback so he would not come to school but I did not know it would be this long wait. But if I were to see him, I don’t know how I would react. I am still getting bullied from the people around me as usual.

“That’s Kwon Jiyong Ex.”

“That nerd.”

“She is ugly as hell.”

 There were times when Jiyong would come on TV shows and interviews, and they would ask him, “So Jiyong-shi, do you have a girlfriend?”

He would reply, “I did have a girlfriend but she does not love me anymore so I have no girlfriend at the moment. Anyone want to date me? Please call me. X6XXXXXXX.” He would smile and giggle. I wanted to throw the pillow at his face.

“Woah there, Jagi.” He grabbed my pillow before it crash landed on the TV screen.

“Look at how confidently he can say that he has no girlfriend, Woo Hyun oppa.” Smoke was coming out of my nose when I said that. How can he get over this so easily?

Woo Hyun oppa moved to my school quite recently. He meant it when he said he would come over. He is practically my second best friend. First is still my Seungyoon Oppa.

When I got back, I told Seungyoon Oppa what happened to Jiyong and me.

He looked like he wanted to murder Jiyong, hard.

“Don’t make me find that !” Seungyoon Oppa shouted when I cried in my room, hugging my knees tight when I told him the whole story. He hugged me and consoled me.

“Baby Girl! Stop watching that come on!” He switched off the television and sat beside me. Both Seungyoon oppa and WooHyun oppa got closer and they both want to kill Jiyong oppa. But they know I love Jiyong Oppa too much.

 Both Seungyoon Oppa and Woo Hyun Oppa have their own places now so I can have sleepovers at their own houses when I feel lonely and sad. It was already 9 pm and I forgot to finish the last touches to my essays and I left it at home.

“Bye oppas, I need to finish my essays. See yall next time.” I shouted and rushed out of the house because if they knew I am really leaving they would make me stay and I can’t.

 As I walked to the pavement to get to the bus stop, I could feel someone following me. I turned to see no one there. “Why do I feel like someone is following me?”

I continued walking and sat on the bench, waiting for my bus to come. A guy in a black get up sat next to me and said, “Hey lady, want to join me go somewhere?” I looked at him and said, “No thank you.” I was about to walk away when he grabbed my hand and hugged me tight. “You have no choice.” He replied and covered my mouth with his hand while his other hand crawled up into my skirt.

I started to scream and struggled, there was no one here except for us.

A car passed by us and I hope the owner would be a kind person to help me get out of this. In the end, the car did stop and there came out a guy with a mask on his face. He looks familiar. He grabbed the guy in black get up by the collar and pushed him hard. He then whispered angrily, “Get away from her before I kill you…” and the guy did, fast.

The guy with the mask turned to me and said, “Are you alright?”

But before he could continue, he paused and his eyes turned into serious slit.

“Yes, I am fine.” I dusted my clothes before I looked up and stared into his eyes.

Brown Orbs. His eyes are brown orbs.

“Hmm, can I look at your face?” I tried to pull his mask down but he grabbed my hand, stopping me from proceeding to see his face. “Don’t” He replied. I knew it too well. It’s him.

I did not stop; I pulled it down and saw it’s really him.

“Jiyong….” His name escaped my lips. He was still handsome as ever. How can I not recognise that same cologne that he uses?

He was about to leave when I quickly back hugged him. “Please, can I just hug you for 5 minutes, I promise I will let go.” And I did. No more than a hug and hearing his abnormal breathing.. I felt so at peace knowing he is well too. Soon I let him go and said, “Here, you are free. Jiyong you are free. Go on.” I could only see his back. He was looking down and not moving at all.

“I am glad you are doing well, my Jiyongie.” My tears were at its brim and I was about to burst into tears but I quickly turned around and was about to walk away when I felt a hand grabbed mine. I looked up to see him crying, “Baby girl….” He replied in a cracked voice.

And he quickly pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my lips. My eyes widen while his were closed. I wrapped my arms around his nape and pulled him closer. His lips were still the same old addictive sweet lips. We had the same rhythm and same level of gentleness.

His lips detached from mine and his forehead leaned against mine.

“Do you still hate me, baby girl?” He asked me and stared into my eyes.

“No, I never did. I was lying.”

“So you don’t me love me anymore?”

“No, I love you so much, Jiyong.”

“Then why?”

“Because you were hurting me, Jiyong.” He kissed me once again but with so much of gentleness. “I am sorry baby girl…”