CH/6 Lights And Shades

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

             Taeyeon didn't know. Should she ask people from the elites to understand what truly had happened between Baekhyun and Sehun? Everyone seemed to be dodging this topic whenever it was brought to the table like it was a taboo of unmentionable, and no one was willing to unleash the lock hasped the truth of past. That kind of complicated emotion returned again, she shouldn't ask, she shouldn't even care about their business since it wouldn't affect her life at all, with or without knowing it.

 

              Taeyeon wanted to avoid it. Hadn't she been avoiding for almost all the time in her life. Getting the top score to avoid critics from teachers, trying her best getting questions correct to avoid mistakes, befriending decent people to avoid the taste of betrayal. Now this decision held the exact purpose of evasion. Even on the outside Taeyeon could say she wasn't concerned, but she could not lie to herself about the fact that she was afraid to disclose the hideous reality.

 

              Ambivalence always drove Taeyeon crazy, there was this surreal string of force pulling her in the opposite directions never letting her go. To at least propitiate portion of the anxiety between curiosity and fear, Taeyeon came to find Luhan after lunch she barely ate.

 

              "Taeyeon."Luhan beamed, taking off the black-frame glasses previously settle on his exquisitely refined nose bridge and folded it next to the laptop on the work desk.

 

              "Hi, Luhan." Taeyeon greeted, noticing faint dark-circle around his eyes, "You didn't sleep well?"

 

              Luhan chuckled."Technically so. I have to fix Jongin's mess the whole night till this morning." Now closing the laptop with still files undone shown on the blinking screen, he spun his chair to Taeyeon. "You didn't come here just to see my tiring face, there's something you want to ask. I wouldn't mind if you do."

 

              Taeyeon was relieved, with Luhan this clever her task was very much simplified. "I do have something I'd like to know. Can you briefly tell me about the matter between Baekhyun and Sehun? Don't give me details, just in a summarizing level." And Luhan's smile was still on his angelic face but Taeyeon saw the difference, it was very forceful, stiff, a hollow smile that did not contain an atom of happiness. If expression could be measured by gustatory standard, she tasted bitterness.

 

             "I knew you would ask this at a certain point."Taeyeon waited Luhan to speak again, he heaved a tiring sigh, the pretence of comfort was now entirely vanished.

 

              "Do you know Hun used to be one of the closet to Baekhyun?" His glistening doe eyes weren't looking at Taeyeon anymore, instead they dropped to the floor, lost their brightness in shades.

 

              "You want it brief, but it was hard because there were so many that caused the tragedy."

 

              "It's fine, you can tell me what you want me to know."

 

             "Okay."Luhan shuffled in his seat, dampening his already dry lips shortly. "You see, elites here, we disciplined together under Mrs. Kim. I was the oldest and the first one here." Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, she did not expect Luhan to be the eldest of the six elites."Then Baekhyun came. When I first met him I saw hatred in his eyes, not the normal kind of hatred just simply because he doesn't like the color of the flowers, it was almost a transcendental acrimony of wisdom beyond his age, he was thirteen back then."

 

              "While training we met different kind of figures. Millionaires, tycoons, businessmen, guests, many others. Unlike what we were supposed to do, talk to and observe them, Baekhyun distanced himself from them and was especially hostile. Although he behaved like that but he was exceptionally experienced, smart, and independent, he has already commenced on business that time and it made him well-known in the economic circle. I don't know what he has gone through in the past but that particular grudge was for those who go near him only for their own advantages, mostly businessmen." As Luhan said admiration began to swell in Taeyeon. She didn't know Baekhyun was this proficient in the field.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter