CH/23 Misunderstood

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If someone asked Taeyeon how did her first kiss feel like, the answer answer was:
 

She doesn't really know.

 

The thing was, she knew something had happened last night, vaguely though, but to be honest memory wasn’t willing to reside as all it left to her was a blur of obscure and humming images, faces, the rooms and hallways, it was like she was peeking through an opaque piece of glass. But the tiny remnant of sensation so electrifying in permanency still flitted, Taeyeon would have thought it was just a hallucination, until Baekhyun gently bit her lower lips yesterday, and currents of giddy electricity shivered down her spine almost earning her a small slip of gasp. 


              He kissed her.
 

Byun Baekhyun kissed her.
 

The idea was haunting and flustering coexistently, even now after a whole lot of hours the temperature on her cheeks remained still. Yet it was also disappointing, Taeyeon thought, because despite that little bite on her lower lips she couldn't remember anything about the kiss.

 

It was basically a quick press on the lips.

 

Like literally, a press, then a bite.
 

Taeyeon was more than shocked to find out she felt in this way, and even more shocking was the fact she didn't resist. And the most shocking thing above all was in her sub-consciousness she liked it somehow.

 

She liked the idea of Baekhyun kissing her.

 

What was wrong with her? Thoughts were running wild in her head but nothing seemed to come out as a conclusion, she heaved a frustrated wail while hearing her heart accelerated in anxiety and deep uncertainty. It was a guilty pleasure, it was unexpected shyness, it was an irresistible feeling.

 

And in midst of the silence in her room Taeyeon suddenly bristled up from bed in wide eyes with facial expression stiffened.

 

Does she...does she like him?

 

She didn't need to be enlightened by any of her wicked friends to discern there was something different, something that had changed during these days when the certain person came close to her. Before she might be indefinite with this brewing feeling but last night dissolves everything, every bit of confusion and doubt. The unanticipated realization left Taeyeon helpless, there was no direction of clarity she could read among the haze of emotion, of what should she do and how would she deal with it.

 

There was no denial. She likes him. And the more the words replayed in her mind the more she felt it was right.

 

Why did Baekhyun kiss her?

 

It baffled Taeyeon, but without any second thought she crossed out the possibility of him liking her back. Why would he? He didn’t like girls let along with one like her, so bland, so unexceptional that she was at the bottom of the choice. She couldn’t superiorize herself on emotions, it was something she was not capable of affording. Taeyeon sighed, her eyes clouded with unreadable sadness.

 

Playing with her?

 

Playing, the word struck. Her breath started turning into an incoherency of hasty intake and outtake, coldness lodged down her body as her eyes became watery. She didn’t want to know the answer, she didn’t dare to guess what was really behind Baekhyun’s action that now was just like a mock at herself.

 

She was all by herself alone on the road. Panicking, her first instinct was to hide it and bury the feeling back under the place where’ve just been delved out. It was insecurity, it was such a shame that she let herself stuck in the dilemma of unrequited love.   

 

Sometimes, diffidence could make a person feel so petty and low, so low she fell into the insignificance of purling ashes.






 


 

             At least that was what Taeyeon thought.

 

             Just a few meters away from her room settled another identical door led to another room which was occupied by a man wearing a deep smile on. Baekhyun sat leisurely in the divan letting it sank him into the place and felt the wondrous silence filling his surrounding chanting for his unusual good mood.

 

He was more than overjoyed.

 

The taste of her lips, the little flutter of her long lashes, and her scent. Many times he imagined them in his sleep and many time he’d stared at her lips picturing it on his, Baekhyun tapped his fingers intermittently on the cushion, grasping every trace from the kiss last night in his head. The softness, he let out a satisfied sigh, she was so sweet, and if hadn’t been him worrying that she would be scared and too shocked by his motive there was no way he would just nib her lips when he could conceivably deepen it and even——Baekhyun stopped the idea but the smile plastered on his face only brightened.

 

What is she doing at this moment?

 

He chuckled at himself, and without truly knowing the context of the circumstances he really looked like a psycho beaming so wide and dreamily in the middle of nothing, man in love was always an incurable case. He wanted to everything about her, he wanted to know what she was doing, what she was thinking, did she have a good sleep or not.

 

They’d soon share everything with each other.

 

Baekhyun was confident, he knew Taeyeon had feelings for him and from the kiss she would understand he loved her.

 

Because he did it too obviously, presents, necklace, promises and kiss, a perfect confession for the beloved one, there was no reason she wouldn’t perceive it. But one thing Baekhyun forgot to calculate was Taeyeon had an interesting way of thinking, if someone told him she was actually referring his kiss as playing he’d choked on his own blood, for real.

 

He wouldn’t rush her, they had plenty of time. No. Baekhyun glanced at the file on the table not far away from where he was sitting, the numbers on the paper seemed exceptionally unpleasant, a frown flashed across his face promptly.

 

Yet he didn’t know, and she didn’t know either.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter