CH/5 Unsolved

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              God knew how much Taeyeon wanted to kill Jongin. Last night, the wifi's misbehavior was neither Mrs. Kim nor her dear laptop's fault, it was an ultimate accomplishment singled-hand made by Kim Jongin. Maybe he was too bored or too pissed upon the fact that he'd got to play sports with Kris and Park Chanyeol, which repeated for about a week or so, he ridiculously initiated the idea of launching a baseball game, a baseball game with only three players.

 

              People who acquainted Jongin understood well how the field could break into a disaster when Jongin played baseball. Yesterday the game was a jumble, with Jongin grumpy as hell, the trio had lost four balls batted by him before 10 pm, and the fifth one they'd used wasn't an exception, except it was thrown with so much force it soared straight into one of the windows on the third floor of the mansion, breaking the glass in the midst of night, the glittering pieces blew everywhere. Coincidentally, inside the broken window was where the wifi-router located, after the ball struck on it, it came off the stand, smashed. Exactly one minute before Taeyeon had lost the signal.

 

              Subsequently, the trio missed the sunrise by hiding under the bushes, thinking no one would discover it, sooner or later.

 

              If only Jongin could keep his hand less destructive, Taeyeon wouldn't have to owe anyone anything, such as Baekhyun. The debt of "one question" kept messing around with her brain. What would he ask? What college are you going? Are you GLBT? Can you explain Einstein's Relativity to me? Well, Baekhyun was not a normal person, so his question would not be normal, too. She backfired him yesterday, he was definitely going to take revenge on her.

 

              Cunning revenge.

 

              Hundred miles before head was Mansion Clarithorn's garden and boundless acre of grassland slanting downward to the foot of the hill, the place where she got her feet killed on the first day here. A bit of north above, the morning sky was in paint of light blue, there were birds too far away occasionally glided by. Up to the second floor of the mansion, Taeyeon was on the balcony reading one of the novels she brought, elbows on the rail.

 

              Focus! It had been the third time she had to remind herself to concentrate on the pages she was reading. Sounded easy but with the anew of the debt thing, it kept her mind straying off the track. And the book itself was so boring and valueless. A novel of typical love story that suggested by one of her friends, the title was catchy, the content was "amazingly" in another galaxy. So far, the only thing the book was talking about how miserable the female protagonist's life was, being parentless, being abducted, being poor, being a maid in a dirty antique shop. Seriously, she could guess the whole plot without continued reading.

 

              Perhaps influenced by both the stress of debt and the ire towards the ty story, Taeyeon slammed the novel on the rail, but the book plummeted straight off the balcony. No better than yesterday's incident, the falling book hit Sehun, who was sitting on the lawn directly below the veranda, reading.

 

              . Taeyeon cursed under her breath, she rarely swore but she did anyway. Her hands was not less destructive than Jongin's, hitting Chanyeol first, and hitting Sehun now, her family trait was so bad. Sehun, despite being hit by a book did not react immediately, he stayed motionless for a while, then looked up, expression as irritated as Taeyeon's.

 

              "I'm sorry for that, do you prefer I go get the book or you help me get rid of it?" Taeyeon yelled from the second level, not much sorry could be felt in her apology. Too bad, who told you to sit there? Bad luck. She rolled her eyes in frustration.

 

              Below, Sehun stood up from the grass, picking up Taeyeon's novel and spared a strange glance at the cover of it. Then he lifted his head toward the above floor, gesturing her to stay still that he was going up. Soon, the victim under Taeyeon's hand reached the balcony. Sehun's wounded fingers, possibly being scratched by the edge of the hardback returned the book to her.

 

              "Please be more careful next time." Blood began to oozed from the flesh cut of his scar. Till right now, the rage storming inside Taeyeon was finally sedated, quite regretting her impolite attitude towards him before, in terms of hitting people.

 

              "Sorry, I was not in a good mood."

 

              "Understandable. And did you imply you dislike the book, previously?"

 

              She did not hesitate to admit. "Yes, very much of a dislike."

 

              "I thought so."Sehun flatly said, retrieving the novel from Taeyeon's palm."Even if the book was indeed a trash work, there's no need to extirpate it. Would you like to follow me to the library, I suppose there you will find some great options."

 

              The library was no new place for Taeyeon, since every morning it always came to her view when she crossed the corridor. Though the entrance was always open, Taeyeon had never once entered it. Ascending to the third floor, the sight of the library as well as her bedroom were now visible to them. Almost automatically, Taeyeon related this scene to the night when Sehun had sent her to her room and warned her about Baekhyun.

 

              Everything seemed to be a replica of the first day, except for the absence of the another character in the scene, Baekhyun was not here across from them, smirking as he strutted with some volumes towards the room next to hers. Thinking about it also unnerved Taeyeon on the matter of the debt. In her peripheral vision she quickly peeped at Baekhyun's room, it was still as nothing.

 

              Without realizing it, she was already in the library, innumerable of books were classified in alphabetical order on the wooden shelves that installed in no particular pattern.

 

              "Do you often come here?"Taeyeon asked, eyes attentively scanned through all the titles on the side of the books.

 

              "No, I do not usually come here to read, I have my own preference on place."

 

              Taeyeon smiled. "You prefer outdoor environment than indoor."

 

              "That's very observant of you, Taeyeon."Sehun's calm voice could be heard s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter