CH/4 Fair Play

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              She said she needed to complete the summer homework for the preparation for college, and she did. Taeyeon fumbled through all the books she brought here, AP class guide, novels, course practices, all of the required materials were at hand. And with an degree of one of the top students in class, it was fairly easy to go through all of the assignments in ease. Define incentive matters, the gainer in voluntary trades, and...identify the tendency that Adam Smith stresses in Invisible Hand Principle, and explain how it works?

 

              Under normal circumstances, the question would be taken down within 2 minutes. Somehow, Taeyeon was stuck in those words. She knew Adam Smith, the famous Scottish economist during the Eighteenth century, and Invisible Hand Principle he had written that just sounded so familiar to ears, but she couldn't remember what was it about, nor the tendency in its essence.

 

              A slip of information could've given her a hint leading to the answer but Taeyeon left the textbook at her apartment, it would be a torture if she did carry that nine-hundred pages of hardback copy . Pulling out her laptop out, Taeyeon decided only Google could offer some good answers, although it wasn't a qualified standard for well-rounded students in college.

 

              No internet connection? On the upper right corner of her macbook, a sign of undetected internet was shown dishearteningly. At first Taeyeon thought it had been a technical problem within her laptop's system, she restarted it and retried, and the same sign appeared. It couldn't be Mrs. Kim locked up the wifi in her room right? Did she cut it off?

 

              Night had fallen down, the oldfangled vintage clock on the wall clicked as it traveled, the hour hand had stayed on the scale between 11 and 12. Although the root of the solution was to consult the dysfunction of internet with her grandmother, since everything in the mansion was in her management, who was she kidding to, bothering the director of KCC Corporation only to gripe about how wifi abandoned her before midnight? Too busy focusing on the time Taeyeon didn't realize she missed the dinner today.

 

              Averted her attention from the clock to the AP guide next to her lap, a feeling of huge burden came crashing down on her shoulders, got to grasp the time notwithstanding the summer was 2-months long. It was the best if she finished this assignment today, and even though Mrs. Kim, a figure with deep insight on economy was not available for her tonight, the elites may help.

 

              And this was Taeyeon's logic: Elites which was quoted from her grandmother meant genius; Genius who gained her approval and were allowed to stay in the mansion meant they were economically intelligent, which further meant they knew economic knowledge, and her distress was solved.

 

 

              When the corridor was as dark as the morning daybreak, Taeyeon was tensely standing a distance from Baekhyun's door. Just after her brain been enlightened, she soon noted that she didn't know where to find the other elites; Luhan was with Mrs. Kim presumably; Jongin, Kris, and Chanyeol had said they were going to play until the tomorrow's sunrise hurt their sleepy eyes; And she had no idea where to find Sehun.

 

              So that was it, gonna find the vain Byun Baekhyun for his help, again, if she counted the breakfast. Apparently Taeyeon was immovable on her feet but the inside of her was screaming to run away. It wasn't that she hated him, or perhaps a little bit of dislike, Taeyeon found Baekhyun quite intimidating whenever he was around, his eyes fraught with defiance, coldness, almost a phantom sort of prevision, as if everything was under his control, not a subtile change stood for variable.

 

              The grip on her pre-college practice book shuffled as her fingers tightened around it,  affected by the uncertainty in the decision Taeyeon pursed her lips hard, started moving carefully towards the door that had a seam of light flushing out under it shield.

 

              To her great horror before her knuckles had contact with the door, it swung itself opened outward, without precaution Taeyeon stepped few feet back and as the lights came flooding from the interior of the room, surges of watery fog blended with shower's moisture and a strangely alluring fragrance clouded Taeyeon's sense. In a moment of time she couldn't figure out a thing around her, only the hazy lights and misty air left distinguished.

 

              The fog gradually rippled into the corridor. Taeyeon waved off the gaseous substances, and in front of her stood Baekhyun in his bathrobe. From the wash of the shower his dark hair was rinsed wet, droplets of water dripping from them, fell on the sharp collarbone, and continued their journey down to the bare chest framed by the white rim of his bathrobe. Unlike in public, Baekhyun's eyes was covered by the damp hair, veiling the ink-color pupils of his eyes and his clean forehead. The coldness and all what Taeyeon dreaded were replaced by a form of laziness.

 

              Faint red instantly occupied Taeyeon's cheek, she widened her eyes in both shock and embarrassment, first instinct was pressing her to flee. Never in her life had she seen scene as steaming as that, but factually it was nothing compared to the stuff her classmates watched. Taeyeon was about to run when Baekhyun forcefully grabbed her wrist pulling her into the room, making her squeaked in response, and the door slid closed accompanied by a loud echo.

 

              The practice book flung from her grasp bounced on the velvet carpet, Taeyeon staggered forward, almost suffered from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter