CH/17 Sober

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                  Taeyeon felt her nape twisted in soreness against a leather texture surface. Her limbs were in dumbness and in obscurity there were something heavy pressing on to her body. Unconsciously furrowed her eyebrows Taeyeon wrestled her neck in unease as she felt her currently condition was unbearably uncomfortable. A strong seethe of alcohol rushed into her sense, she crinkled her nose and coughed slightly, the foreign fragrance was constricting her lung.

 

                  Her eyes were opened but she saw no lights, the room was dark but somehow she felt like it was not night time. Taeyeon supported her afflicted body up by elbows, remembering the party last night. She doubted the headache and the nausea were the consequence of her getting drunk, yet no recollection of alcohol occurred to herself. On her knees lied Hyoyeon and Yuri who were deep in their sleep, and judging from how their articulation were not behaving Taeyeon knew they were the real drunks. Hyoyeon's head collapsed on her knee which was why the dumbness attacked her in midst of the murkiness, shoving the drunk girl off Taeyeon closed her eyes in sleepiness as she got up from the divan she had fallen asleep on, but an unanticipated broken sound woke her eyes up again.

 

                  It was a sound in resemblance with something crispy and breakable. Taeyeon flung to see and took by surprise when she saw broken glass all over the floor, the transparent fragments cracked beneath her heels. She looked around and could not picture what happened when she was unconscious. The disastrous scene filled with debris of furniture wreckage, smashed chairs and glass pieces haunted her vision, the comfy party hall was thrown into a unsightly mess.

 

                  Who did all this? But one thing for certain the one must be as drunk as all the people here. Taeyeon stepped forwards shakily in her high heels, next second she was nearly tripped by a body while she looking down she saw Sehun, whose suit crumbled and face bruised from a definite punch. Jongin was wasted next to the maknae, and unlike Sehun's facial wound he got blood stained on his sleeves, Taeyeon thought it was hallucination but it wasn't. What had happened to them all? Did they fight?

 

                  The same thing occurred to Luhan, Chanyeol and Kris as Taeyeon went around to the back of the round divan, and under a broken glass stand she found Baekhyun, a crimson red cut engraved across his cheekbone, the corner of his thin lips blemished with a patch of slight blood. Her heart wretched seeing him like this, so helpless and unguarded with his eyes shut, one moment he was all being a gentleman and next he was scarred. He was lying there lifelessly on the floor and if it wasn't his faint breathe Taeyeon would think he was dead, she really did.

 

                  Taeyeon lifted Baekhyun'd body up by his shoulders and leaned his back against the side of the divan, his black hair unkempt, the dark ashy locks scrawling weariness across his face as he was still in some sort of coma.

 

                  "Hey, wake up." Taeyeon patted his cheek while kneeling down next him. He didn't budge. The pressure was obviously not enough to drag him from the slumber so Taeyeon increased the volume of her whisper beside his ears, shaking his face repetitively.

 

                  "Byun Baekhyun, wake, up——"

 

                  And Taeyeon's hand on his face was suddenly arrested by Baekhyun, who squinted his eyelashes together while heaved his tired eyelids up. His breath was heavy, the deep groan from his mouth was mingled with subtile pain and fatigue. It wasn't the first time Taeyeon watched him wake up from the sleep, well except this was a whole another circumstances.

 

                  "It's itchy." Baekhyun silently grumbled.

                 

                  "Huh?" Taeyeon didn't realize what he was saying. Her faint breath unintentionally puffed upon his sensitive skin.

 

                  "Your breath, it's teasing my ears."

 

                  "Oh, sorry——" She tried to move away but was seized again by him before she could act, he seemed to know what she was planning even with his eyes still shut. Taeyeon was caught off guards when Baekhyun wrapped his arms around her slender body, his head snuggled against the crook of her neck and brushing his cheek into her warmth.

 

                  "Get off me." Taeyeon squeaked under her breath, the close corporeal contact startled her.

                  "Let me hold you for a moment." She heard Baekhyun mumbled in drowsiness below her ears and now she knew the reason behind his assertion of itchiness.

                  "Why?"

                  "I'm injured, just need to rest for a bit. Don't you have any compassion?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter