CH/16 First Dance

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                  The heavy door of the party hall was swung open as the table turned into a cluster of surprising faces. Every elites was gaping at Taeyeon who was in her short black dress, indeed they were ultimately overwhelmed by Taeyeon's charismatic appearance yet watching her walking so stylishly in bare feet, was another deal. Fancy upper outfit but no high heels, this looked just as wrong as it could be and as stunning as it couldn't be. How could she still be so swag even without shoes? Taemin widened his eyes in disbelief as he kept staring at Taeyeon.

 

                  Behind Taeyeon came the cold and defiant Baekhyun, there wasn't anything odd about him since he was always in his expensive suits and tie, until the table's gaze fell on to the pair of sparkling black high heels in his hand. Jongin looked at Taeyeon's bare feet and then to the heels in Baekhyun's hold. Boss started to serve as high heels keeper?

 

                  In an almost elegant way of placing the high heels between his fingers, Baekhyun strode coolly beside Taeyeon not minding the most obvious fact that he was acting like a servant which was totally not like his usual self, Baekhyun thought there was nothing wrong about pleasing the only girl in his eyes. An undetectable smile slowly crawled on his lips as Baekhyun's eyes fixed on Taeyeon's beautiful back while her golden locks rippled in flowy motion arounf her right exposed shoulder.

 

                  "Is he mad?" Jongin whispered to Luhan who was as shocked but hide his emotion pretty well under his calm face.

                  "I don't think he is, however there's something else."

 

                  "Baekhyun serving a human being. Wow, this is a sight I would exchange my baseball for." Chanyeol said on the table and gawking at the two all in the flashy black attire. Taeyeon seemed to notice Chanyeol's wide eyes as she waved at him and walking towards the round table, Baekhyun followed her with a still cold face. Hyoyeon motioned Taeyeon to sit between her and Yuri, and it was evident to the bystander's eye that Byun Boss was not happy about Taeyeon's sitting.

                 

                  "Does the body guard we find for you match your expectation?" Hyoyeon asked in a low teasing voice while nudging Taeyeon's arm.

                  "What are you talking about?" Taeyeon looked at her baffled.

                  "Seriously, how can you be so stiff like a rock? Don't you notice something is going on right now? Right here."

 

                  Taeyeon threw a questioning look at Hyoyeon but still scanned around the table. She saw Jongin sipping his wine so hard it covered his face, Sehun looked away quite uncomfortably when she landed her observant eyes on him, Chanyeol smiled at her in a idiotic manner, the new guy Taemin sometimes stared at her, and finally, on the far left hand side of the seat, Byun Baekhyun with a killing expression. But of course as emotionally simple-minded as Taeyeon was she was even more discombobulated. She turned her head back to Hyoyeon with puzzled look, the latter slammed a hand over her forehead, Taeyeon wondered if it hurt.

 

                  "Okay, you're hopeless, let's just wish someone wouldn't kill you for that."

                  "What are you actually implying?" Taeyeon asked, honestly she guessed of the possibility yet she couldn't ferret out the real thing behind the neon girl's innuendo words. Hyoyeon just waved her question off as she imbibed her serve of wine off in a single gulp.

 

                  "Never mind. Let's start the party shall we?" Hyoyeon smirked, she dragged Jongin, Kris and Yuri out of the seats gamboling all the way to the dance floor while shouting like crazy, in no time Taeyeon's eardrums were pierced by the heavy metallic rock and roll, she grimaced slightly in her seat.

 

                  Turning her attention away from the dance floor Taeyeon found she was the only female left in the table, with five other guys staring at her in different sparks of sentiments. Taeyeon remained emotionless, but in her own mind she feeling unease. Why are those dudes looking at me like a freak? She should probably escape this tight area to get a drink or something

 

                  "Excuse me, gents." Taeyeon got up from the seat and walked out of the table, her bare feet touching the cold floor of the party hall while eyes searching for the drink counter. Just now she realized how weird she would appear like this without her high heels. Taeyeon thought to fetch it from Baekhyun but seeing his irrational glower of anger she preferred her present condition.

 

                  Taking tiny steps Taeyeon reached the counter and found all of the selection on the list were alcoholic. She doesn't drink alcohol though, yet she felt quite thirsty. The wine glasses were polished and glimmered on the counter shelves, each of them seemed to be shaking as the heavy rhythm of the music kept playing madly in the hall. So this was basically a self-help party. Taeyeon skimmed through bottles of alcoholic beverages she knew none and randomly grabbed a shot.

 

                  "Wow, you're taking Spirytus? It's got a high concentration of alcohol. Are you sure you're fine with 96%?" Taemin smirked as he suddenly leaned against his elbow on the counter bar next to Taeyeon. Taeyeon flinched at Taemin's words, she had to thank him for warning her that otherwise her consequence would be pretty pathetic.

 

                  "I didn't know what that is." Taeyeon put the red bottle back to shelf.

                  "How old are you?" Taemin asked, his eyes full of interests, which only made Taeyeon peeped at him strangely, but she answered him nevertheless, beside age wasn't really a sensitive thing to her.

                  "Nineteen next month."

                  "So, you're legal in drinking."

                  "...Ya?" Taeyeon didn't where the black hair guy was going. She was legal but that didn't indicate she was a alcoholic person, education taught her well to stay away from it.

                  "I can introduce you some——"

 

                  An figure interloped into the space between them, Taemin was cut off by Sehun.

                  "No need. Students aren't suppose to take in alchohol." He coldly took Taeyeon's arms and dragged her away from Taemin who rolled his eyes in irritation.

                  "Aren't you serious maknae. She's legal, so——"

                  "So you want to hide the fact there's lemonade here?" Sehun's question rendered Taemin speechless, and Taeyeon was not following the track of the situation as a force tug her to the other side of the counter. Sehun didn't say a thing as they arrived another little stand of drinks she didn't notice previously. He filled a glass of transparent liquid to Taeyeon.

 

                  "Lemonade."

 

                  "Oh..." Taeyeon stiffly took the glass from Sehun, why was everyone doing weird stuff to her. First it was Hyoyeon's equivocal implication, then was Taemin, and Sehun. Sehun watched Taeyeon swallowed down the icy drink, his eyes glinted on her.

                  "Do you——"

                 

                  "Heyyy! Do you want to dance?"

 

                  Taeyeon almost spitted the lemonade she was about to gulp down when Chanyeol's booming voice exploded behind her. The lemonade glass quavered between her hand unsteadily. Taeyeon coughed as she felt the liquids choked in , she didn't understand, she didn't like how this party worked on her mishap.

 

                  "Oh, I'm sorry——Are you okay? Sehun, maybe she didn't like lemonade. Why you let Taeyeon drink lemonade? Okay, let's get you something you like."

 

                  Taeyeon couldn't speak while she kept coughing, Chanyeol pulled an arms around her bringing her petite body towards the food counter, which angered Sehun. It was obvious that it was Chanyeol's fault that he scared Taeyeon and caused this whole unneeded mess, stupid Yoda, Sehun grunted mentally. As they stumbling across the hall, the choking Taeyeon accidentally caught a glimpse of Baekhyun, she shivered when she saw his piercing glare on her. She frowned at him confoundedly while Chanyeol lugged her away. What?! Why did he do that everytime? She didn't even piss him at any degree? And when treading with her bare feet now all sore, Hyoyeon shouted at her from the dance floor. Taeyeon couldn't hear clearly what she was yelling however some words came into her ears, some..ne..jea.s. What?

 

 

 

 

 

                  Baekhyun's infuriated glare trailed behind Taeyeon until her back was not visible enough in the traverse of the party lights and dark shades.

                  Brats. He scoffed, rolling his eyes at each of the three encounters Taeyeon met, her high heels were still in his hands. Taemin was obviously trying to flirt with Taeyeon, was she that insensitive to perceive that? She didn't even know who she was confronting! Cursing silently, Baekhyun didn't know why he suddenly became so indignant just by seeing Taeyeon with the elites, he just didn't want them to touch and see her so wolfishly.

 

                  Baekhyun glanced at Luhan, he was staring at Taeyeon from afar as well.

                  Seemed like he had to do something about it.

 

 

 

 

 

                  "You like desserts right?" Chanyeol asked her ardently, pointing at a tray full of cupcakes and candies, but Taeyeon didn't really have any appetite after choking on the lemonade, the icy taste still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter