CH/10 Lost

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

               "Huh?" Least to say, Taeyeon could not comprehend Baekhyun's label to this place. Seeing her like a lost student, Baekhyun banged a hand over his forehead as to show how helpless this could be to not understand what was happening. He grabbed Taeyeon's both shoulders, reversing her body's direction so that her back was facing him. Then, Baekhyun swung Taeyeon in a 360 degree circular movement letting her to have a clear view of the surroundings before she was back to the original position, fronting Baekhyun.

 

              "As I had told you before, this district is in my control." His hands turned Taeyeon to the left way. "The middle is the bifurcating point, the road to the right side, about 1 miles away consists of some sorts of museum parks, theaters, and those usual stuff. We can have our Escape Day spent there if you want. Or," Heading towards the back of the black car, Baekhyun unlocked the rear compartment and briefly after two shotguns were pulled out.

 

              "Or if you want something more compelling as fun, going to my forest for a hunt would be an ideal." Taeyeon widened her eyes at the sight of the weapons in Baekhyun's hands that could never be procured in her world, the silver portion of the shotguns reflected a gleam of sharp light.

 

              "But of course," Baekhyun continued, the car's compartment shut in a loud thump while he carrying the guns in his left arm, walking in front of the stunned Taeyeon. "You choose." Taeyeon paused for a moment thinking. She had never used a gun before, let along with killing animals in activity such as hunting, but museum parks and places where typical girls went with boyfriends did not interest her right now. Between the extreme and the insipid, Taeyeon's eyes eventually fell on the guns. Snatching one from Baekhyun, Taeyeon pointed it towards the clouding shadows on the west.

 

              "Enlighten me with the guns." The long weapon shuffled between her hands as Taeyeon inspected it in observation. Somehow, her preference on hunting over the other way was in Baekhyun's foresight, after knowing Taeyeon so far he had an intuition that kept revealing the uniqueness within her. He smiled at the back view of her slender figure, trying to hold the gun correctly. However, Baekhyun was sulked in dismay shortly. Couldn't she see there was a living expert of hunting right there availed her to ask for help? Obviously, the screaming frustration in Baekhyun's head could not mail itself to Taeyeon, seemed like she needed a little reminder.

 

              "You don't do it like this." Seizing the shotgun in Taeyeon's grasp, Baekhyun postured the standard way to hold the gun before giving it back to Taeyeon who knew it by heart now. "Understood?" She nodded in confirmation.

 

              It was exactly 6AM in the morning, the two of them with guns equipped on their arm stood right on the edge of the dark forest, where the secrets stored in its interior was highly mystified by the darkness coming between the dense clusters. Taeyeon gulped at the towering woods.

 

              "You own this?" She asked without moving her eyes from walls of trees.

 

              "I do, all these acres of forest is my hunting playground." Baekhyun smirked as he started to advance into the forest. "Follow behind me, you don't want to get lost in the woods." And his feet was moving again. Taeyeon took a deep and long breath,the grip on the body of the shotgun tightened nervously. One part of her brain was convincing her the fun she would had, yet another part sent an warning. But whatever might happen during the hunt, Taeyeon thought, that as long as Baekhyun was there everything would be fine. At last, she lifted her high converse shoe, stepping across the threshold that divided the light and the dark. In a split of second their shadow vanished into the abstrusity of woods.

 

              Faint sound of shoes stepping on the twigs-covered forest ground echoes around the forest. Taeyeon walked carefully behind Baekhyun's lead, these trees blocking all the sunlight from the sky were at least 10 meters tall. Mist of chilliness, and perhaps affected by the odd darkness lurking around her, Taeyeon started to shiver.

 

              "Is this what you mean on the first day, the 'hunt'?" She tried to calm her voice in asking.

 

              "No," Baekhyun chuckled, seemed really relaxed while stopping for Taeyeon to catch up, "That 'hunt' I meant that night is a business term in our convention, a hunt of opportunity, that's different."

 

              "So you also like the actual hunting?"

 

              "That's one point you got from me."

 

              The path in the forest expanded boundless outwards, sometimes few glimpses of sunlight leaked through the gaps of the dense foliage lit their way ghostly in the murkiness. Baekhyun familiarly explored the woods in the front alongside with Taeyeon. The first bullet of the day had not been fired.

 

              Time passed in minutes, and Taeyeon's dread was gradually fading, but the suppressing tension in the air caused by the heavy woods still floated around them. "How come you can hunt animals here? Is it even legal?" Baekhyun explained to her. "For the animals, they live here. It's legal as long as you own it."

 

              Suddenly a rustling noise intruded the silence, it came from a far away bushes about 50 meters away from the clear area they were standing. Taeyeon was startled by the abrupt sound as she nearly tripped on one of those bulk root on the ground, Baekhyun caught her in time. And now apology for the accident was not even required as both of them diverted their entire focus towards the source of the slight movement. Baekhyun softly put Taeyeon straight, motioning her to hide behind a clump of shrubs next to their location with him. He whispered softly to her ears.

 

              "First lesson, never initiate the attack. Wait and watch."

 

              The swishing sound rang up again, louder and clearer this time. From the vacuous space between the leaves of the shrubs, Baekhyun and Taeyeon sighted a deer who belonged to a rare species of their kind, put into another word, a jewel of every hunter's purchase. The sunlight coincidentally shone on the deer, making it a clear target. It wasn't running, it bent its furry neck down to the ground as if it was searching for something. However as long as it stayed still, no one cared what it was doing.

 

              "You're fine with this right? It's part of the nature and human society." Baekhyun asked with concern, and Taeyeon knew what he was talking about. "Yes, I'm fine with killing it."

 

              "Let me teach you." Placing his own shotgun on the ground, Baekhyun knelt down behind Taeyeon, he circled both of his arms around her side, cornering Taeyeon against the white button down shirt on his chest. Even in the chilly forest, Taeyeon strangely felt warmth enveloped her body. Baekhyun took the shotgun from her as his hands guided Taeyeon's on the weapon, right hand on the hand-grip part, and left hand held under gun's body. Maybe it was all because of the close proximity, Taeyeon was more flustered than usual by Baekhyun's approach. How he almost wrapped her in an embrace, how his face was next to her ear, and how his palms pressed upon hers. Although it was simply an assistance for her to better aim their target, she felt weird, not bad, not right.

 

              Taeyeon fidgeted uneasily, tried to distance herself away from Baekhyun but only got his grasp covered on her hands tighter.

 

              "Don't move." And she intantly froze, motionless as dead. Baekhyun shifted both his and Taeyeon's direction more accurately on the deer, it didn't notice the danger that was going to send its life to hell. Baekhyun turned his head sideway to tell Taeyeon to aim the prey through the steel ring in the front. In this prompt spin of a movement, his lips softly brushed across Taeyeon's ears making her flinched. "You see the ring, make your target right in the center, and let's have you do the first shot." She could only nodded her head stiffly.

 

              Calm down. Taeyeon inhaled and concentrated on the deer, it was still on the spot. She tugged the bolt of the gun, the clicking sound indicated the bullets were ready. Perfect. She smiled.

 

              "Are you on?" Checking the last bit before the shot, Taeyeon confirmed her position. "Yes. It's on it."

 

            

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter