Keo's Note #5.2

(BxB) 567's Notebook [Major Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Maze

Setting: College AU, angst || Notes: This is the part 2 of Chained Up, somehow it is longer than the first part, haha. And, you know what? This will have part 3, LOL. I promise it will be the last. Enjoy with the song

Hongbin rushed into Jaehwan’s apartment. He found Taekwoon hugging his knees in the middle of the living room. “Taekwoon.” Hongbin knelt down beside the dark blue haired male who was crying terribly. Taekwoon looked up.

“Hongbin.” Taekwoon bit his lips. “He asked you to force me out, right?” Hongbin sighed.

“No, he didn’t say like that. But I came to fetch you. Come on Taekwoon, let’s go.” Hongbin tried to make Taekwoon stood up. But Taekwoon shook his head.

“I don’t want to leave, Hongbin. I can’t leave. I’m not ready. He shouldn’t toss me away yet, he shouldn’t let me go yet.” Hongbin sat beside Taekwoon and pulled him into a hug.

“Oh gosh, Taekwoon. Why you have to love him?” Hongbin bit his lips. “It’s my fault; I should stop Wonsik back then. I should stop them. I’m sorry Taekwoon.”

“I don’t regret knowing Jaehwan, Hongbin. Don’t blame yourself.” Taekwoon said in between his tears. Hongbin sighed, a tear passed his cheeks. “Hongbin, I can’t leave him. I don’t want to leave him. I love him, Hongbin.”

“I know Taekwoon, I know.” Hongbin rubbed Taekwoon’s back. “Let’s get you home first and we will talk to Jaehwan again, okay?” Hongbin tried to persuade the crying male. Taekwoon clutched onto Hongbin’s shirt and asked to let him stay for a while. Hongbin agreed after making Taekwoon agreed to go back after a while.

Running and running
You’re driving me crazy

Endless maze wall to wall
I keep going around and around
All ways only lead to you
I try pinching myself, this is strange
I feel like I’m trapped in this dream

Once Hongbin sent Taekwoon home and made sure the messed guy eat and finally slept, Hongbin drove to find Jaehwan. Hongbin called to the possible person Jaehwan will be with right now, if he’s not at his apartment. Jaehwan didn’t like to go back to his parents’ house so only that person’s place crossed his mind. The call was picked up. “Hey, H. It’s kind of early you call me.”

“Hey back to you Chunji. Is Ken there?” Hongbin quickly asked straight to the point. Chunji was like hesitant to answer.

“Um, K- Ken? He-”

Hongbin sighed. “Don’t try to lie Chunji, you’re so bad at lying. Just get him on the phone.” Some sound heard after Chunji’s sigh and Hongbin heard a familiar scoff. “You head, ! Why did you do that, er?”

“The hell, Lee Hongbin?! What’s wrong with you?”

“I said it before Jae, if you can’t love him you shouldn’t keep him with you!”

“Funny, Hongbin. Funny, he forced himself to me. You know how I work and now I decided I don’t want him anymore. It’s better right? I hurt him now so he won’t be hurt more if he’s still with me.”

Hongbin scoffed loudly. “You stupid airhead. You should do that at the very beginning. You give Taekwoon hope and you break him. You think I don’t know you sleep around and just let the news reached Taekwoon, not thinking about his feelings at all? Don’t you know it breaks him so much? You destroy his life. He’s much better before he knew you. I’m sure I so much want to kill you and Wonsik right now!”

“What’s the problem with you, Lee Hongbin?! You care about that Jung Taekwoon so much! I guess I’m right after all! You do like Taekwoon!” Jaehwan hollered through the phone. Hongbin winced a bit but ready to explode as well.

“You know what, Jae? I regret all my time for you. I regret and I think I’m so stupid for having a feeling for you. I’m stupid to hope you will change someday! I’m stupid that I love you more than a friend, Lee Jaehwan!” Hongbin cut off the call as he threw the earpiece and made a harsh U-turn, back to Taekwoon’s house. He didn’t want to see Jaehwan at the moment.

 

 

Jaehwan’s face was completely in shock. “What did you just-” Jaehwan wasn’t able to say more when the call was cut off. “Hello? Yah, Lee Hongbin!” Chunji looked at Jaehwan.

“What happens, Ken? You looked so shocked.” Chunji patted Jaehwan’s arm. “You still didn’t let me know why you suddenly came to my place in such early morning.” Chunji said.

Jaehwan was still in daze. “Chunji…I- I heard, Hongbin- he said- Hongbin, he loves me?” Chunji startled and looked at Jaehwan. Jaehwan turned to Chunji. “How- wait, why Hongbin? I don’t understand.” Chunji exhaled.

“Ken, H does love you.” Jaehwan stared at Chunji. Chunji smiled a little. “He has feelings for you since junior high, he told me. Around the time you involved in acting, he found his interest in you. He was about to let you know…when you accepted Hyeri. You and Hyeri was a couple for a year, right?” Jaehwan nodded. “H hid his feelings the whole time because he realized you won’t look at him and he also understood you and him are bound to be best friends forever. So he kept it inside.”

“But why he wants me and you together?” Chunji smiled and patted Jaehwan’s thigh.

“H may love you more than a friend but he loves you as a friend too, Ken. He wanted you to change. It breaks him when you played around, becoming a playboy in few months before you broke up with Hyeri. He watched at the sideline every time you broke someone’s heart. It breaks him too because he loves you. He thought if he could get someone that had the same mind as you, you will change and settle down.” Chunji smiled. “But somehow similarity doesn’t work at times like how we are. We are too understanding of one another so H’s effort was wasted. I felt bad for him when he came to me once begging me to love you, to make you change but I have to refuse him because I know we won’t work together. That’s time when I knew his feelings for you.”

“So Hongbin-”

“He loves you but he didn’t want you for himself. He wanted to sacrifice himself because he knew you and him won’t be more than friends, so he wanted to find someone for you that can make you change.” Chunji looked at Jaehwan. “So tell me why H is so mad with you Ken, to even tell you his hidden feelings that he swore he never wanted to tell you or anyone else for the rest of his life.” Jaehwan sighed.

“I don’t want to talk about it, Chunji.” Chunji shrugged and patted Jaehwan’s thigh as he got up.

“I’m going to make brunch.” Jaehwan nodded as he rested his head to the couch closing his eyes. “Ken.” Jaehwan opened his eyes and looked at Chunji. “I don’t know the real problem but running away is always not a good choice.” Chunji flashed a smile and left. Jaehwan pondered to Chunji’s word.

There’s no exit all around
I try running and running but I always end up where I started
Woo woo baby woo woo woo baby
You’re like a treasure chest without a key
No keys I try fits you

 

 

“It’s still a bit high.” Hongbin sighed as he checked Taekwoon’s temperature for the second time. When he reached Taekwoon’s house again, he found Taekwoon was sweating under the cover. He discovered the male ran down with fever and began to take care of the other. Hongbin punched Sanghyuk’s number and called the younger. “Hello, Hyuk. I hope you’re not busy.”

“Nah, I’m finishing my assignment but it can wait. What’s up hyung?”

“I need your help to buy food and medicine.”

“Uh? Are you sick, Hongbin hyung?”

“No, it’s not me but Taekwoon. That Lee Jaehwan decided to blow up the bomb and this poor guy is running down with fever. No one is in his house so I’m afraid to leave him alone. Can you help, Hyuk?”

“Okay, text me the address.”

“Okay, thank you Hyuk.” Hongbin ended the call and typed the address before sending to Sanghyuk. Hongbin turned to Taekwoon and placed the wet cloth properly on the burning forehead. “I’m so sorry, Taekwoon. I shouldn’t let you involve with Jaehwan, you’re too kind.” Hongbin touched Taekwoon’s hair and exhaled. He stayed with Taekwoon the whole time.

The bell rang an hour later and Hongbin got up, knowing Sanghyuk had arrived. Sanghyuk flashed a smile as he saw Hongbin. “Hey, hyung. Taekwoon hyung’s house is quite nice.” Hongbin nodded.

“His parents are business people; of course he has a quite good house.” Sanghyuk nodded. Hongbin walked to the kitchen with the food Sanghyuk brought. “Sorry I have to trouble you.”

“No, it’s fine. I’m willing to help Taekwoon hyung too.” Hongbin just smiled lightly. He led the way to Taekwoon’s room. When they’re entering, Taekwoon stirred from his slumber.

“Hongbin?” Hongbin smiled as he placed the tray on the nightstand.

“Yeah, it’s me. You shouldn’t get up, you’re still burning up.” Taekwoon sighed as he felt dizzy as well. Sanghyuk aided Taekwoon to sit while leaning his back. The elder noticed the blonde.

“Sanghyuk.” Sanghyuk smiled.

“I come with the food and medicine. Hongbin hyung worried to leave you alone so I’m here. Don’t worry; we will be here to treat you.” Sanghyuk took the bowl of porridge he brought. “Eat some, hyung.” Taekwoon smiled lightly and let the food into his mouth. Hongbin smiled.

“You must remember you have me, you have Sanghyuk with you. You’re not alone, Taekwoon.” Taekwoon looked at Hongbin. Hongbin smiled again. “Remember that, okay?” Taekwoon nodded. “Good, now get well again and we will think about your problem later.” Hongbin said as he patted Taekwoon’s hand. Sanghyuk just silently watched the two. The youngest somehow felt bad for both.

Taekwoon is so nice and he doesn’t deserve to be played by Jaehwan, but Sanghyuk knew Taekwoon loves Jaehwan with his everything. Jaehwan had him in his hand; Taekwoon is forever in prison of Lee Jaehwan. Hongbin, Sanghyuk sighed inside to the thought of his cousin. He couldn’t understand how Hongbin’s mind worked but he knew Hongbin was hurting inside as well. How couldn’t you get hurt when you see the one who you love is such a player and breaks so many hearts? Sanghyuk can’t imagine if he was in Hongbin’s shoes and he didn’t understand how Hongbin survived keeping his feelings inside without him or Jaehwan or Wonsik noticed.

“Hongbin.” Taekwoon’s calls made Sanghyuk came out from his long thought. Hongbin nodded to Taekwoon. “I don’t know, Hongbin. I…I know I can’t live without Jaehwan. But he let me go, he pushed me away. I don’t know what to think, Hongbin.” Hongbin sighed.

“Taekwoon, don’t think about this right now. You still have fever and I’m afraid it will just get worst.” Hongbin said.

“Hongbin hyung is right, Taekwoon hyung.” Sanghyuk said. Taekwoon shook his head.

“I can’t, Hongbin, Sanghyuk.” Taekwoon bit his lips. “He haunted me for life. He had me, my life, my everything in his hand. I can’t even close my eyes; I still can see him in darkness.” Sanghyuk and Hongbin felt bad when Taekwoon started to cry. “What should I do? I let myself being used by him for the reason he won’t leave me but he still leaves me. How to make him stay? I- I need help, Hongbin, Sanghyuk.” Sanghyuk looked at Hongbin. Hongbin exhaled.

“I want to help you, Taekwoon. I do, but Jaehwan is- he’s too stubborn.” Sanghyuk looked at Hongbin.

“Hyung.” Hongbin sighed.

“Jaehwan is not at his usual, Taekwoon, Hyuk. I follow his every move. Since you submitted to him, yes he’s back to his old self but not completely and it’s weird.” Sanghyuk wrinkled. Taekwoon looked at Hongbin.

“What do you mean?” Taekwoon asked.

Hongbin sighed. “I doubt he has feelings for you too but he didn’t want to admit. He has a high pride and his ego; he’s the most egoist male I ever met.”

“Why did you say like that, hyung?” Sanghyuk asked. Hongbin looked at the younger.

“Do you know how Jaehwan is, right? His one-night stand rules.” Sanghyuk nodded.

“He will just randomly hit any girls or guys at the club and bring her or him to the nearby motel. Few rounds of was done and left at dawn after leaving some money.” Hongbin nodded. Taekwoon slightly felt uncomfortable with that fact. Sanghyuk squeezed his hand as if saying sorry. Taekwoon just smiled mildly.

“He didn’t do it that way anymore. He never takes guys anymore, just girls. But only one round and he left.” Sanghyuk frowned. Hongbin exhaled. “I set a girl to be his prey one night and I ask her to ask him why he didn’t go more than one round. Jaehwan told the girl he felt sick and uncomfortable to go for second round. The girl tried to seduce him more but he refused harshly and just left. The girl also said Jaehwan was not enjoying the moment at all as if he had something in his mind.” Hongbin looked at Taekwoon.

“That’s why you think Jaehwan hyung…” Sanghyuk trailed his voice. Hongbin nodded.

“I begin to think he loves you too, Taekwoon. But he’s stubborn and I don’t get it why he casted you away either.” Taekwoon looked down.

“Do you really think he loves me?” Hongbin sighed.

“I don’t know anymore.” Hongbin took a breath. “But we can try to know.” Taekwoon looked up. Hongbin turned to Sanghyuk. “And I need your help, Hyuk.” Sanghyuk wrinkled and Taekwoon also looked at both of them weirdly.

MAZE running running MAZE running

My love is crazy stubborn
MAZE running running MAZE running running
We go crazy endless MAZE everywhere
MAZE everywhere!
I want to get out of this fantasy that is full of your face
We go crazy stubborn
MAZE running running MAZE running running

 

 

The horrible weekend ended and they’re back to the college. Jaehwan locked his black Merc and walked into the building. He just hoped Taekwoon will understand this time and leave him for good. Jaehwan saw Wonsik at the pathway. “Hey, Wonsik.”

“Oh, hey Jae.” Wonsik smiled and looked at a direction. Jaehwan followed.

“What’re you looking-” Jaehwan’s words stopped when he spotted a familiar dark blue haired. “What-”

“I was about to ask you too, Jae. You let him go already?” Jaehwan blinked.

“Uh, um. Yeah.”

“Oh, no wonder.” Jaehwan turned to Wonsik. Wonsik shrugged. “I don’t know if you know or not, but quite few of Hyuk’s acquaintances like Taekwoon.” Jaehwan looked at Wonsik then back to the dark blue haired male who seated down with few guys he didn’t know and Sanghyuk. “Well, if you let him go, so it’s better to let him find someone else right?”

“Um yeah.” Jaehwan said.

Wonsik patted Jaehwan’s back. “I have class now, need to go first. Bye Jae.” Wonsik waved his hand and Jaehwan waved back. His eyes were back to the group. They’re laughing over something and Jaehwan saw the tiny shy smile Taekwoon always had when he talked to someone new. Jaehwan turned away.

Sanghyuk took notice Jaehwan was there just now but he didn’t tell Taekwoon. Somehow he felt happy to see Taekwoon enjoyed being with his group of acquaintances who he knew through playing games. It’s nice to see Taekwoon smiled freely again after so long. “So Taekwoon hyung, do you want to join our crew? We’re going to recruit new members for supporting our team.” Taekwoon blinked to one of Sanghyuk’s friends, Jonghyun’s suggestion. Sanghyuk patted Taekwoon’s back.

“The new members will be trained to help the team winning a game. It was like taking apprentices so we can pass the team lead to them when we have to commit for our real life, like entering working world.” Sanghyuk explained. Taekwoon nodded a bit and rubbed his nape.

“But I never play game.” Taekwoon said. Jonghyun looked at the ash haired male beside him.

“Don’t worry, Changhyun also never play game when he first joined us. The senior will train juniors until they’re able to compete on their own. You know now Changhyun can beat me in games.” Jonghyun said and patted the ash haired male beside him. The male grinned.

“Yup. It will be great if you join us, Taekwoon hyung.”

“But…” Sanghyuk looked at his friends.

“Aigoo, don’t force him.” Sanghyuk said. The friends just grinned. The other male in purple hair smiled to Taekwoon.

“Well, if hyung don’t want, we still can hang out together right? Bring hyung to our place, Hyuk.” Sanghyuk turned to the purple haired male.

“Haha, no worries Sungjae. I will, perhaps Namjoo will be really crazy when she saw Taekwoon hyung come.” Taekwoon looked at Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk noticed and formed an O. “Oh, right. We have few more people in our group but they didn’t attend this college. Only me, Sungjae, Jonghyun and Changhyun in here. The other four attended KAIST.” Taekwoon blinked. Sanghyuk and the rest chuckled. “Yeah, they’re genius.”

“And Namjoo is the only girl among our crew.” Sungjae added. “And she loves to know handsome guy.” Sungjae said chuckling. Sanghyuk slapped his arm.

“Don’t put it that way.” Sanghyuk turned to Taekwoon. “Namjoo once visit me here and noticed hyung before so she asked. She’s interested in you I think.”

“Like in love, hyung.” Changhyun added. Jonghyun just shrugged and Sungjae chuckled. “Well, perhaps you should bring hyung this weekend, Hyuk. Our senior will come to visit.” Sanghyuk beamed.

“Great. That’s a great idea.” Taekwoon looked at Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk smiled. “There’s someone you should meet and believe me, this sunbae really likes you.” The last sentence was whispered to Taekwoon’s ears. Taekwoon blinked and just nodded with a tiny blush. The conversation was carried on and Taekwoon just responded when he was asked something. Most of the time he was pondering. Yeah, thinking about certain someone again. Taekwoon felt lost without seeing him. But right now, he was following Hongbin and Sanghyuk’s idea and the two prohibited him to go to Jaehwan. Taekwoon sighed inside as he lost in his thought, of Lee Jaehwan.

Every corner and turn I try checking
In the end it’s only a dead end
It’s been too long, I can remember the paths
I keep getting lost and lost in this dream

 

 

Jaehwan woke up from a dream. A dream that he never imagine will come haunting him. He sat up on the bed, pondering to the body height mirror in front of his bed. A vivid image of the time he spent with Taekwoon on his bed reflected on the mirror. Jaehwan sighed. The same image haunted him in his dream. ‘I must been too used to his company.’ Jaehwan messed his hair and got up, deciding he needed to hit a club and get a laid.

Jaehwan parked his car not far from the regular club he often visited. He fixed his hair by the reflection on the mirror before walking to the bar. The bouncer smiled as he noticed Jaehwan. “Hey dude. You’re here again tonight.”

“Need a laid.” The bouncer laughed and let him in. Jaehwan walked inside, he could hear the loud booming sound from inside. He just smiled lightly as the usual smell hit his nose. The overflowing perfume mix with alcohol, Jaehwan was used to it.

“Jaehwan oppa~” Jaehwan turned as someone tugged his arm, hugg

Please log in to read the full chapter