Chapter 6

Wake Me Up When I'm Back to Normal

               Na Rim laughs at Jin's corky joke. It was so awful it was funny. 

               Why did Princess Diana cross the road? He asked.

               I don't know, tell me. She demanded.

               She wasn't wearing her seatbelt. 

               It was the worst joke she'd ever heard. It's so bad. Princess Diana freaking died because she was in a car accident. She really shouldn't find it funny. It's twisted and sick. But so true. She use to know some really good ones. She always told them at camp fires along with ghost stories. 

                For instance, what can fit in between s, often chokes people when used incorrectly, and can fit in a hole? Most people with a dirty mind would think of a . But its not. Its just a seatbelt. 

               She keeps giggling, imagining Princess Diana flying through her windshield. It's so brutal.

               "You sissies ready yet?" Yoongi walks into the room, putting on a leather jacket.

              "Been waiting on you," Jin confesses. Na Rim cracks a smile, her bright white teeth sparkling.

              "We've all been waiting on Hoseok. He takes forever," he grumbles, walking out of the room.

              Na Rim and Jin follow him. They walk downstairs and meet everyone in the kitchen.

              "Everyone remember their parts they're playing in this?" Nam Joon reminds.

              They all reply with a yes. The equipment is all hooked up and Nam Joon gave everyone ear pieces like he did twelve years ago. 

              "Alright, lets move out people!"

              Hoseok, Tae Hyung, Yoongi, and Na Rim drive over to the coffee shop. They split up in their teams.

              Tae Hyung and Hoseok sneak around he back so no one sees them and creep in the back door. Tae Hyung trips over a can of paint. He sprawls out on the ground.

              "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Hoseok screeches at him.

              "What?" Tae Hyung gets up and dusts himself off, "there's no one here that will see or hear us. We're fine, don't get your pink in a twist."

              "You're thinking of Seok Jin Hyung. I don't have pink ."

              "Right! I forgot his favorite color is pink. Hehe! He has pink ," he starts giggling and holds his stomach, "ouch! It hurts to laugh."

              "Why?" Hoseok starts poking Tae Hyung's stomach, he swats it away.

              "I worked out this morning, I was trying something new."

              There was a long pause, "did you enjoy it?" Hoseok finally asks, trying to understand that his dongsaeng actually exercised.

              "God, no!" He chuckles, they start cracking up.

              "I didn't think so. You and I are alike, Tae Tae. We don't like exercising at all. Next time tell me so I can talk you out of it and we'll watch anime instead."

              "Sounds like a plan!" They high five and continue their search.

              They make their way to the main entrance. The place is covered with wall paper covering the floor and bricks stacked up along the wall.

              "Wow, someone's been redecorating," Hoseok states.

              "Why? The place still looks like crap," Tae Hyung confesses then presses his face against the wall, it, "I didn't mean it. I love you coffee shop!"

              Hoseok rolls his eyes and cracks a smile. He just can't take anything seriously when he's around his dongsaeng, "It's been twelve years, I thought that you'd be over this place by now."

             "Don't underestimate me, Hyung! I had some serious feelings flowing out of me when I drank this shop's coffee," Tae Hyung walks over to the back room where the coffee beans were stored.

              There were still some back there, bags of them. Tae Hyung runs over to them and picks up hand fulls of them and shoves them in his pocket.

              "Dude! That's gross!" Hoseok laughs and kicks him in his bum. They both topple over, cracking up.

              Hoseok stops laughing and his smile fades. His eyes furrow at the sight of something, "Hey, man. Look at that!" He points to a black board with a scientific formula on it; and a long one at that, "what's all this stuff? Aluminum, molybdenum, niobium, iron, what was she making?"

              "All of those are metals," Tae Hyung announces, "why would she need metal?"

              Hoseok pulls out his  smart phone, "I'll send this to Nam Joon, maybe he'll find out what it's used for," he snaps a picture and presses send.

              The two hear the front door open, and the glare of a flashlight. They look at each other in worry, quickly crouching down, "HIDE!" Hoseok whispers, duck walking to a closed door; pulling Tae Hyung along with him. They slide into the room and wait for the noise and light to subside before it's safe to go back out.

              Tae Hyung taps Hoseok's shoulder frantically, trying to turn him around to see what he's seeing. He spins around, Tae Hyung covers his mouth before he can let out a scream.

              "What the hell is this!?" Hoseok says in awe.

 

Yoongi has his hands in his pocket, he's strutting down the street, keeping his eyes open. Na Rim is right beside him staying with his swift pace.

              "Tell me if I'm going to fast, I can slow down," he states in a cool voice, trying to be very manly.

              "I think I'm managing fine, thank you!" She cheers.

              They've been walking for a few minutes, the street's changed a little bit. There use to be a sports shop across the street of the coffee place, it's now a bakery. A few blocks down there's a humongous park. That was definitely not there twelve years ago. Yoongi would've remembered a giant area of grass and playgrounds. He wonders when it was put in.

              "Let's stop by this place first, it's was here the last time," Yoongi points at the pizza joint in front of them.

              'Why does it matter which shops were here longer?" Na Rim asks.

              "Because, Sweet Cheeks," Na Rim glares at him as he speaks, "the longer they're around the longer they've had to notice and adapt to the things going on in this neighborhood. The older shops may have noticed something six years ago while shops that moved in later don't know about. Understand?"

              "Yup," she rolls her eyes, trying not to sound annoyed with Yoongi's attitude. He always has one, never loses it with his speech. It get's on her nerves so badly.

              "Here, take this" He hands Na Rim a badge.

              "What's this for?"

              "We can't just walk in there and ask them random questions without a good reason, we're cops. It's part of our investigation, that's a good reason," Yoongi croaks.
              The two stroll into the pizzeria and walk up to the front desk. They pull out their badges swiftly and show it to the guy standing there.

              "I'm agent Gulliver, this here's my partner Jackson, we'd like to see the owner of this place?" He used fake names, smart. Na Rim probably wouldn't have thought of that. Well, maybe if she had time to come up with a plan. It looks like Yoongi came up with everything, all over night and this morning. She's never seen him unprepared for anything. Well, maybe when he was turned into a stuffed pitbull. But that was about it. He's always coming up with something in that smart brain of his.

               "You're looking at him," his voice was high and girlish. Talk about puberty gone wrong! He looked like he was in his thirties. Na Rim tries not to laugh, "come to my office, we can talk there."

              Yoongi looks at her, he's showing no emotion but she can tell in his eyes that he's amused. Na Rim's biting her lips trying not to crack up. He nudges her shoulder and shakes his head slightly, then the corner of his lip turns up. He's trying really hard not to laugh. Na Rim covers with her hand. Yoongi turns away, his lower lip with a slight crack of a smile. Knowing that he finds this funny makes her want to laugh even more.

              Na Rim can't believe Yoongi's even showing this side of him  in front of her. Maybe he's finally opening up. He might feel more comfortable around her now. Or maybe he's just happy that he has another chance at finding this so called witch again. All Na Rim knows is that she definitely wants to help out. She's kept seven extremely attractive and smart men trapped in her room for twelve years. She wants to make up for all of their lost time.

               "Sit down, please," the owner gestures towards the two chairs in front of his mahogany table. The two detective's make themselves at home.

               "So, I was wondering if I could ask you some questions if that's okay, Mr. . . ?" Yoongi waits for the man to say his name.

               "Just call me Jun. I'll try to be cooperative as I can," Jun squeaks. Na Rim doesn't show emotion but she's biting her tongue.

               "So, Mr. Jun, did you know Song Yong Soo? The owner of the coffee shop next door?" Yoongi starts off with simple questions. He gave Na Rim a note pad to write down everything.

                "Yeah, I guess. We would greet each other when we saw each other taking out trash. She was real nice to everyone she met."

                Na Rim writes down everything. She glances over at Yoongi. His jaw is clenched. Hearing the word nice and Song Yong Soo in the same sentence ticks Yoongi off a little. She looks back at her note pad.

                "Did you ever see her do anything strange? Talk to someone, go somewhere secret? Anything?" Yoongi starts getting into more detail.

                "Not that I can think of," the squeaker rubs his chin. He grunts, "now that you mention it. . . I did see her once talking to the owner of the clothes store down the street. I don't know why she would be talking to him considering their shops aren't even close to each other."

                 Na Rim writes that down, Yoongi answers him, "thank you for your cooperation. You've been a big help."

                 He stands up and shakes Jun's hand. Na Rim is trying to finish writing the stuff down before leaving. Yoongi grips her arm and pulls her up. She looks at him, why is he being impatient with her?

                 "Get moving slow poke. I said to keep up, so at least try." He growls in her ear. What the heck? Just a few minutes ago he was holding back a laugh with Na Rim, now he's as stiff as a brick; as usual.

                  He walks outside the restaurant with Na Rim as his heels. She finishes the notes and keeps up with his pace. She catches a glance of something sparkle when they both pass Song Yong Soo's coffee shop.

                 "Hey," she lightly taps Yoongi's shoulder, "did you see that?"

                 "Nope, let's keep moving," he says impatiently.

                 "No, look, I saw something glowing. Back there," she points towards the box of junk in the back of the shop's ally way. She trots over there. Yoongi sighs and goes after he.

                 "Where at?" He says with crossed arms.

                 "Somewhere over here, I saw it flash in my eyes when I walked by. . . Here!" Na Rim crouches down next to a box and shoves her hand inside. She pulls her hand back quickly, feeling pain jostle through her body, "Ow!"

                  She looks at it to see blood and teeth marks. Na Rim clutches it. She looks back at the box to see it move and a giant rat scurry out of it and run down the street.

                  "Are you okay?" Yoongi says with no interest at all. Or at least trying not to.

                  "Yeah, I'm good," Na Rim continues looking; trying to ignore the pain. The rat left it behind. She picks up a green. . . Something. Crystal maybe. It's green and glowing and definitely looks like a crystal, "look at this," she holds it up with her bit bloody hand.

                   "What is that?" Yoongi says kind of astonished. 

                   "I don't know. Maybe Nam Joon will find out."

                   "We'll show it to him after we get back."

                   "Yeah. Right now we need to ask that clothes guy some questions," Na Rim gallops down the street. Yoongi trying to catch up.

                   "Wait up!" He grunts.

                   Na Rim turns back to him and smirks. His ears go red, "try to keep up."

 

                   Yoongi and Na Rim finish talking to the owner of the clothes shop. He didn't know anything. Him and Song Yong Soo just knew each other from years back. They use to go to the same school. He moved away and then he came back and opened up a business. It was just a coincidence that their shops were right next to each other.

                   They head home and meet up with everyone in the basement.

                   "Who want's to share their information first?" Nam Joon asks around the room.

                   Tae Hyung and Hoseok raise their hands. They looked pretty shocked.

                    "So. . . Um. . ." Tae Hyung starts.

                    "Spit it out man!" Yoongi barks at them.

                    "We were at the Witch's shop and this guy came in so we hid in this room until he left and then we looked around the room and there were body bags covering the floor and hanging up on hooks and there were examining tables against the walls. We took pictures," Hoseok blurts out. He takes them out and hooks them up to the computer. He plays them on the hologram. It plays a 3-D image of the picture. Everyone gathers around it to get a better look. Everyone is in awe.

                     "We found his room and the police didn't. How is that possible?" Nam Joon asks.

                     "I think that only people exposed to magic can see it," Na Rim confesses, "did that guy look around the whole house?"

                     "Yeah, he checked every room but this one," Tae Hyung says.

                     "I can't see any of the stuff you're seeing. You say you're seeing body bags, but all I see is a blank hologram," she states.

                     "Really?" Jimin asks, "No way. Guy's that's kind of cool. Only we can see thing's because we were exposed to magic."

                     They all discuss the room for a while until hey shut the hologram off.

                     "We found a crystal behind the coffee shop," Yoongi pulls out he crystal from his jacket pocket and hands it to Nam Joon, "look how it's glowing."

                     "Yeah, I'll have to do some experimenting on it or a little bit. I don't know if it can be grounded into dust or something. Maybe the Witch used it for her spells. But I don't remember seeing something like this in that room twelve years ago."

                      Nam Joon keeps the crystal with him as everyone leaves the room. The sun's settling down over the trees. It'll be dark soon. Na Rim starts gathering her thing's to go home. Yoongi goes into the kitchen to get some water when he see's her. He walks over.

                      She glances up at him, "hi," she quickly cheers.

                      "How's your hand," quick and short to the point. Like he always is.

                      "It's fine. It'll heal," she reassures him.

                      "Not if you have rabies," he leaves the room real quick and comes back with a first aid kit. He gestures her over to the kitchen sink. She rolls her eyes and follows.

                       He holds his hand out for to give him hers. She doesn't, she just stares at him. He furrows his eyebrows and reaches for it. She pulls it away but he snatches it.

                        Yoongi holds her hand and apply's some hydrogen peroxide to it. She winces at the stinging pain and pulls it back, stepping back. But Yoongi grips it firmly and pulls her hand towards him. She looses her balance a little and steps a little closer to him than she would like to. Her breathing quickens but she controls it. Not so much with her racing heart. She's never been this close to Yoongi for a long time before. It's really making her feel uncomfortable.

                         He dabs it with some ointment on an ear bud and blows on it. Na Rim focuses on that. That kind and sweet gesture. Her mom does that to her wounds. Seeing Yoongi do it makes her knees go weak. She know's he has a soft side now. He's just shown it to her. He really is opening up to her, just very very slowly.

                         Yoongi wraps it with some gauze and tapes it, "get that checked out in the morning. You may need to get some shots," he announces and turns to walk away.

                         "Wait!" She goes after him, grabbing his arm. He stops and spins around too face. Na Rim runs into him. She bumps her forehead on his chest and then falls on the floor and hits her head. Her face goes red from embarrassment. Yoongi holds back a grin and gives her his hand to help her up. She takes it.

                         "What?" Yoongi ignores her clumsiness.

                         "Thank you," Na Rim says holding the back of her head. She's still red in the face.

                         "Whatever," he remarks and turns away.

                          Na Rim spins on her feet and grabs the door frame. She slowly taps her head on it. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why are you so clumsy, Na Rim? You've made a fool out of yourself in front of Yoongi again!

                          She feels a cold bag get placed over her head. She grabs it and looks up to see that Yoongi gave her the ice bag.

                           "Stop being so clumsy and maybe I'll stat being nice to you," he declares and rubs Na Rim's head. Her hair goes everywhere. She doesn't bother swatting his hands away. She just stares at him. He smiles. He smiles. At her. That's definitely new. Yoongi grabs the ice bag she has in her hands and puts it back on her head, "it'll swell if you don't keep this on it."

                           She watches as he sticks his hands in his pockets and hops up the stairs. Na Rim wonders if the room is hot or it's just her beating heart ready to fly out of her chest.

                            Why does she have this feeling? She had it when they were at the restaurant together trying to hold back laughter and now. She feels tingly and nervous whenever she see's him. She never knows what he's going to do, what his next actions are. He's so hard to read. She thought he was a dumb and rude and grumpy guy. But now that she see's him showing kind gestures towards her it makes her curious about him. She need's to know more. He has way too many secrets to why he acts the way he does. He'll suddenly be as cold as ice. He'll be as hard as a brick. He'll frustrate her and make her wish she'd never met him. Then he'll take care of her and treat her like he really cares about her. He gave her a shirt to change into when her's was wet. He tended to her wound. This wasn't really a kind of mean gesture but it keeps running through her mind. When he got out of the shower and pinned her up against the wall with no shirt on. Her heart was beating rapid fast. She doesn't know why it was.

                             Yoongi is the first man to make her heart beat like that.