Chapter 7

Wake Me Up When I'm Back to Normal

              Na Rim and Jin head to the hospital to get her hand checked out. They've been waiting in the waiting room for forty minutes, if it's taking this long for doctor's to be available then the hospital should call in more doctors. It's like having three lines open at a Walmart when there are twenty of them. The logic in life is just too unbearable to watch. 

              "Ms. Na Rim?" A nurse calls from the door that leads to the back rooms. Jin and Na Rim stand up and follow her to a room, "the doctor will be in shortly."

              Yeah right. The waiting room isn't even the worst part. It's when you finally think you're done with the wait only to find yourself having to wait even longer for the dang doctor to show his freaking face. It ticks Na Rim off.

              The doctor walks in with a clipboard acting like he's studying it hard, but everyone knows he's only doing that to look smart.

              "So let me get this straight, correct me if I have the information wrong," he starts, his name tag says Dr. Otto," you were bit by a rat? You're just wondering if you have rabies or not?"

               "That pretty much sums it up," Na Rim concurs.

               "How?" He asks.

               "I thought I dropped my earing when I was playing tag with my friends," she lies, "I figured it may have fell into some boxes and when I reached my hand in one to grab it a rat bit me."

                The doctor nods and asks her to wait while he gets some shots for a blood sample. He comes back and cleans her elbow crease. He starts drawing the blood, Na Rim starts to feel a little light headed. Jin gasps, he's barely seen this much blood before. Her on the other hand. . . Well, you get the point.

                Dr. Otto pulls the needle slowly out. He sets it down on a tray and puts a bandage on her veiny arm. Na Rim stands up and her head starts to spin. The vision around her eyes turn black and then quickly fades, she regains her balance and her head is still spinning but not as badly.

                "You're probably going to want to rest for a little bit when you get home. This much blood withdrawn will make you pretty dizzy for a day or so," he stats writing on a piece of paper, "here's a prescription for pain killers if she starts having migraines, she probably won't. It's just an after effect of thing's like this."

                Jin takes the paper and bows his head, "thank you!" He takes Na Rim's arm and helps her out of the room, "you want anything to eat before going back?"

                "No, I'm alright. I don't really have an appetite after getting my blood out of me," she says a little dizzy but trying to be disgusting because she wants to tease Jin.

                He gags, "please don't say that. It's worse for me, I don't see blood as much as you do."

                "Oh, so you do know about the female thing," she sounds impressed. Jin is so innocent, she didn't expect him to know it.

                "Na Rim, I'm 22 years old. I've learned a thing or two  about girls and their monthly problems. I do have a mom after all."

                "Yeah," Na Rim starts to think about how that works, "you haven't seen your mother in twelve years. How is she going to take it?"

                Jin chuckles softly, it looks like he's thinking about it, "when I said I do have a mom, I meant did. She died when I was thirteen. So I guess twenty years ago now. It would've been nine years if it was twelve years ago."

                 "I'm sorry," Na Rim pats his back like they do in the dramas. The Korean Back Pat, she calls it. The main character has to friend zone the other main character and pat their freaking back instead of giving them a full hug.

                 "It's okay. I didn't take it as hard as Yoongi when he lost his sister. I still miss her and all though," he see's his car, "come on; let's get you home!"

                 Jin and Na Rim ride home listening to the radio. She couldn't sing along to it because she was feeling really tired. Jin was though, he was singing his heart out. It made her happy. Jin never had a problem expressing himself in front of her, and her with him.

                 He guides her into his house. Yoongi just got out of the shower, again. He had just a towel around his waist. That get's her heart pumping.

                 "What happened to her?" He asks Jin, he asks as if he can't ask Na Rim himself. She's right there. She's perfectly capable of talking. She's been doing it for about seventeen years now. She started about a year after she was born.

                 "She got blood taken from her so the doc could check it for rabies," he answers.

                 "Yeah, you're going to be dizzy for a day or two," he laughs and walks upstairs. She watches his back muscles flexing as he moves his shoulders with his feet strides.

                 Na Rim heads up with Jin to his room. She lies down on his bed and he pulls up a chair beside her. He puts in a movie and they both watch it.

                 She starts dozing off after the first ten minutes of the movie. She wakes up immediately. Or so she thought. she looked at the window curtains. They were dark. It's already night time. She sits up, her blood rushes to her head again. She feels light headed again. A hand lands firmly on her shoulder, she knows that touch. Yoongi.

                  Na Rim turns to him, surprised that he's here instead of Jin.

                  "Where did Jin go?" She asks.

                  "He needed to work on the case for a little bit, he asked me to watch you. I don't really know why, you were sleeping for like twelve hours."

                  "Twelve hours? That's the longest I've ever slept." She gaps.

                  "I've slept longer," he remarks. Yoongi stands up and stretches out, he swings his arms side to side. He rolls his head and places his hands behind his lower back and pushes it, attempting to crack it a little bit.

                  "Where are you going?" Na Rim asks, rubbing her eyes.

                  "I'm getting you some water, sit tight, Princess," he says in a low y voice, it makes her neck hairs stand up. She then realized that he's been talking like that this whole time, she just noticed now.

                  Yoongi comes back and hands her a cup with a bendy straw in it. Adorable. If she doesn't have a bendy straw she has to bend it herself, it's just a habit of hers.

                  They're silent for a minute, she lays her head down on the pillow, she has a splitting head ache.

                  "Yoongi?" She looks at him, the lamp lights up his facial features.

                  "What?" He sounds grumpy that she interrupted the silence, but she's use to it.

                  "You said yesterday that if I wasn't clumsy that you'd be nice to me," she pauses for a moment, "I'm no being clumsy right now."

                  He chuckles to himself, clever girl, he thinks to himself, "well, I'm not being mean right now, now am I?"

                  "Nope," she whispers.

                  Yoongi tries to lighten the mood as best he can, but he's never been good at doing so, "you snore really loud, you know that?"

                  She chokes on her water, "what!? I do not!"

                  "Like a gorilla!" He grins.

                  I this is Yoongi being nice to her. . . She. . . Likes it. He may be teasing her but it's better than him being angry and insulting her. Right now he's grinning and she can tell he's trying to be funny. Na Rim stands up and walks around the room for a little bit, she needs to stretch out her body.

                  "Are you telling me that you've never snored?"

                  "I do snore, but I beatbox when I do. You howl like a gorilla!" He starts laughing now, but not trying to be laugh.

                  "I've never heard you beatbox before," she starts.

                "You haven't seen me do a lot of things," he confesses.

               "I know, and it bothers me," she says, "I'm trying to understand you and it's making me go crazy."

               "Why?" He teases, he gets up close to her, "you're not falling for me are you!?"

               "No way!" she swats his shoulder, it makes her head spin, "woah," she blinks rapidly, trying to focus her vision. She grabs Yoongi's bicep, the closest thing she could find. She fall forward a little bit. He grabs hold of her waist. It's slender and tight, she exercises frequently.

               He holds her until she steadies, "you okay, Princess?"

               "Give me a second," she breathes for a few seconds, "I can't believe just that much blood is making me loose my head, even after this long."

               "It's pretty sad to watch," he still jokes.

               She looks up at him. the corner of his mouth is twitched up. She lets go of him and stands up straight, she tries to walk towards the bed. She loses her balance again. Yoongi catches her.

               "Careful," he says concerned. Finally, after all this time, he sounds concerned for her.

               He helps her onto the bed. She places her back up against the wall and leans her head against it.

              "Here," he grabs her water and hands it to her. She slides her hand on it, her finger's lightly touches Yoongi's giant hand. She her lips and places over the straw, she takes a long drink and hand it back to Yoongi. He places it on the night stand. She closes her eyes for a second.

              Yoongi stares at her. Even with her messy bun hair she's beautiful. She rarely wears any makeup. She doesn't need to. Just her smile alone can light up a whole town. Yoongi starts feeling butterflies in his stomach.

                              Digest them, you idiot! 

              It's not like she doesn't hang around with Jin 24/7. No doubt she has some kind of feeling's for him by now. He's a ladies man. The girl's always fall for him, maybe it's his face or his personality but they like him a whole lot more than they like Yoongi, that's for sure.

              Na Rim opens her eyes back up, Yoongi looks down at his folded hands. He has to be mean to her, if he doesn't he just might fall for her instead.

              He hears a knock on the door, Jin walks in with some food, "I thought you might be hungry."

              "Yeah, thanks!" She tries to sound energetic.

              "I'll leave now," Yoongi gets up.

              "You can stay if you want," Jin reassures him.

              "Bye," he says too quickly. It makes him sound like a jerk. He leads out of the room quickly. He need's to stop coming in contact with Na Rim. It's driving him insane. The more he's nice to her the more he gains interest in her. The more he likes her. No way he's going to fall for someone like her. She's so ordinary, so simple. Why does he like her? She's no where near his idol type. He likes girls with dark skin. Na Rim's is light. He likes girls with a lot of black clothing. Na Rim has a variety of colors. He likes tall girls that are about to his nose level. Na Rim fits under his neck. She's the exact opposite. So why is he so intrigued by her genuine character? She's so clumsy. Yet she's smart, she has a keen eye. She found that crystal. But she also managed to get herself bit. She had to get her blood drawn, now she's dizzy as heck. 

              She's pretty slow too. She can't even manage to write down something quickly. She takes her time. She's spilt water on herself. Yet Yoongi can't get her out of his head.