Chapter 8

Wake Me Up When I'm Back to Normal

              Na Rim jerks awake to the sound of thunder; it's pouring outside. The clock reads 6:24. She heads downstairs, she snatches a cup from the cupboard and holds it under the faucet. She turns on the water and watches it rush and swirls in her cup. She takes a long drink, quenching her thirst.  She sees Yoongi walk into the kitchen and grab a cup from the drying rack. He fills it with milk.

              "Morning," Na Rim cheers.

              Yoongi waves nonchalant and heads back upstairs without giving her a second glance. She grins, by now she's use to his childish manner. She figures he must not be a morning person. She'll talk to him later if she gets the chance, but she'll still have to use precaution around him. He's still unpredictable. After a while they're together she'll open up a little bit to communicate with him.

             Na Rim heads back up to Jin's room. She remembers last night. Her dizzy head made her fall twice, luckily Yoongi was there to catch her.  She's sure if Jin was there he'd catch her as well, but she for some reason is grateful it was Yoongi instead.

              Speaking of dizziness, Na Rim's weak body is gone. She feels relatively fine now. Maybe it was all from the sleep. Being out for that long can sure make a person drowsy. She heard from Tae Hyung that Yoongi slept for 20 Hours straight. When he woke up he felt and looked like a sloth. He was exhausted from sleeping.  

              It's crazy how fast she recovered from that. Na Rim thought it would last a little longer than last night. That's was the doctor said. At least a day or so. Well, she was asleep for hours. So maybe it timing is right, she'll ask if it's normal to be drowsy and quickly recover like that when they call her in for her blood sample. Probably today or tomorrow.

              She doesn't go back to bed. She plops down on the couch and turns on the TV, she flips through the channels until she finds renovation shows. She loves them so much.

              Na Rim remembers something. She pulls out her smartphone and looks at the date. It's a Saturday. She'll have to leave for college tomorrow and starts on Tuesday. She hasn't told them where she's going. She's living on campus this year, and she told her mother that she would really commit to her studies extra hard. She'll rarely have time for any of the guys. Just thinking of that makes her stomach feel uneasy. It's been a fun, even though it's been barely over a week. She feels like she became really close with them, Jin mostly of course. Yoongi also, she's unwrapped him a little bit to kind of understand little glimpses of him. She will admit, she started liking being around him a little bit. But she'll doubt they'll ever be anything more than friends. Last week when they were suppose to go to the amusement park together, Yoongi said he had to see Kim, like it was urgent. Who is she? a girlfriend? Just thinking about it makes her jealous. She tries not to be though. It's Yoongi's life. He can live it the way he wants to.

              A few hours pass, everyone starts waking up, Jin comes downstairs and scrunches his hand on her head, messing up her hair.

              "Great, thanks, Jin," she chuckles and swats his hand away, fixing her hair.

              "You know you love me."

              "I can't disagree on that one!" She smiles.

              Jin walks into the kitchen and starts making breakfast. She's learned from their time together that he's an amazing cook. He's been twelve years out of practice and no one can even tell.

              She hops up and walks over to him, "what are you making?"

              "Something with a lot of protein, you're going to need the energy. You're still recovering from the blood loss." He opens the fridge and pulls out some milk and eggs. He cracks one in a glass bowl and adds some milk to it. He takes a whisk and fiercely swirls the two components together.

              "Thanks, but now I feel fine. I mean last night I couldn't even make out anyone's face. When I woke up I felt completely normal."

              "I'm still making it!" He cheers and cracks another egg and whisks. He does a little jig while he does it. She laughs and heads back over to the couch.

              One by one the members walk down stairs after taking showers and sit with Na Rim, waiting for the food to be done. Yoongi is the last one, he walks into the living room. Everyone is sitting down, there are no extra seats left besides right next to Na Rim on the couch. No way he's sitting next to her. He'll only get mixed feelings. He decides to lean over Jung Kook's chair. He looks up and tickles his chin, joking with him. Yoongi glares down at him and he quickly stops.

              "You can sit down next to Na Rim, there's an extra seat right there if you want to sit down," Hoseok reassures.

              "No thanks, the food will be done soon, I don't want to make myself comfortable and then have to get back up."

              "Suit yourself," Hoseok turns back to the TV, mesmerized by the renovations, "they did all that in three weeks!?"

              Na Rim giggles, "yup. Pretty cool, right?"

              "Daebak!""

              Jin whistles, "food's done!"

              Everyone rushes into the dining room. Jin places the food down in the middle of the table. To be honest, Na Rim isn't really sure what it is. It looks like eggs and rice and vegetables. That's all she can make out of it. She stuffs some in , at least it tastes good.

              "Hey guys," Hoseok pulls out his phone, "I got a new phone the other day and I was looking through some old photos. Check this out!" He holds up a photo of him with braces on.

              "You had braces! My whole life is a lie!" Na Rim confesses.

              "But it explains why he has teeth straighter than himself!" Jimin screeches.

              Everyone starts spitting food out of their mouth, they're laughing so hard. Na Rim's face is turning purple. Hoseok's face is red from embarrassment.

              "Oh shut up! I act gay because it's funny!" He tries to persuade them. 

              "Sure, Hyung, we believe you!" Jimin teases, throwing a spoonful of rice at him. He does a little jig, resulting in a fall to the floor.

              Na Rim glances over at Yoongi, he's covering his hand over his mouth. He's laughing! He's trying to hold it back, but he can't! It's really cute. If she wasn't with them she bet he would be cracking up. If only she had a little more time. She's leaving in a day, she has to pack today and tomorrow and be on campus by 9:30. She's waited until the last possible moment to stay in Seoul. She'll have to wait until next year to really have any contact with them. 

              She will call them, but for how long? She stopped calling her grandmother because they ran out of thing's to talk about. What if that happens to them? She doesn't want that, she really doesn't. Na Rim doesn't want her twelve year long relationship to end so briefly. 

              Just thinking about it makes her sad. She stops smiling and looks down at her plate. She stirs the food with the chopsticks.

              "You okay?" Jin asks, snapping his fingers for her attention.

              "Hmm?" Na Rim puts her utensils down, "oh yeah. It's just. . ."

              She sighs and looks up at the guys. Each one now interested in what she has to say. Even Yoongi.

              "Guys, I have to leave for college on Monday."

              "So?" Nam Joon sips some coffee.

              "Yeah, you'll still be able to see us!" Jung Kook cheers.

              "No," she finally reveals the secret, "I'm attending college in France."

              The secret makes everyone speechless. Hoseok chokes on his ice.

              "What?" Jin's voice sounds a little louder and fiercer than usual.

              "I wanted to tell you guys but I just didn't want it to end. I was suppose to leave three days ago but held it off until tomorrow."

              "Oh, so that makes everything better. Wait three more days to tell your life long friends that you're going to be leaving them for a year and attending a college across the world in a country that language you don't even know!" Now Jin is shouting, she cringe. He's scaring her, he's never once raised his voice at Na Rim or any of his friends. Until now.

              "Jin, I'm sorry," she pleads, "I didn't think-"

              "Yeah, whatever," Yoongi scowls. He scoots his chair back and stands up, grabbing his keys and leaving the house. Out of all people, Na Rim wonders why Yoongi would leave. She thought that maybe Jin would, he sounds the most hurt right now. But Yoongi, she thought he'd be over joyed to watch her leave.

              Now Jin stands up, "have fun in France," he hisses with a glare and walks out with Yoongi. She feels terrible.

              She looks at the remaining bunch, "Guys, I'm sorry." Her voice breaks a little.

              "I'm not as hurt as Jin Hyung," Hoseok states. He grabs Na Rim's hand, "He'll need a little bit to think everything through. He always comes around in the end."

              "Like that's suppose to make me feel better," she smiles, not trying to be rude to him.

              "Hey, you know Jin," Jung Kook reminds her, "if anything, he's kind. He can't stay mad at you forever."

              Yes he can. Like he said, Jin is kind. So if he explodes then who knows what will happen next? He may hold a grudge for years. Na Rim feels a lump form in . She manages to hold her tears back.

              "I'm going to go home and finish my packing. I'll see you guys later," she stands up.

              "Yeah, if you need any of us just call. We'll come say good bye before you board the plane," Jimin engulfs her in a hug and squeezes her tight. 

              "Okay," she sniffs and grabs her purse. She heads to her car and drives home. It's always different when she's alone. She has no one to joke with. So she ends up with deep thoughts that make her feel empty inside. It hurts. So much.

 

Na Rim finally finishes her packing, at three in the morning. She cranked the music up loud, hoping to drown out her thought; that didn't help. Jin must be so disappointed with her. She should've told him sooner.

              And then there's Yoongi. He sounded hurt when he spoke those words. "Yeah, whatever." Like he didn't want to hear an excuse. Na Rim didn't think he'd really care too much about it. He's the one that shows the least emotion. Does he care about me? He can't. It wouldn't make sense. He's always so mean and cruel. He always sounds annoyed with her whenever they're in the same room. Was he doing that on purpose? Maybe to get her attention? Well it worked. She can never get him off her mind. Before she sleeps she wonders what he's doing, if she should try interacting with him more. It eats her alive. She's going crazy about him.

              She's always hated sour pusses like him. But for some reason he's different. Maybe it's because of the fact that he's been her stuffed dog for twelve years. But she never felt like that towards the other guys. Jin especially. She would expect to be more moved by him. Na rim has spent way more time with him than anyone else. But she doesn't feel anything when she's with him. Just comfort. She can relax when she's with him. Around Yoongi she's so tense, afraid of doing something stupid in front of him. Which she does every time she's with him. 

              Na Rim takes a long shower; letting the little water droplets pound against her slender back. She turns and lets the steam swarm around her face, clearing her pores. It makes her tension ease up a little. 

              She shimmies into her pajamas and climbs in bed.

 

The next morning she wakes up later than she anticipated. She woke up at twelve. She'll have to leave in five hours. Great. She calls Nam Joon and informs him about it. She tried calling Jin first but he didn't pick up. It crushes her heart.

              She grabs some breakfast and her mother helps her pack her things in the trunk of her car. Na Rim will have to leave in an hour or so. She likes being early to things. The plane might come in ahead of schedule.

              "I'm going to miss you!" She squeezes her arm.

              "I'm going to miss you too, Mom. I'll call you when I get there." She gives her mother one last hug before getting in and peeling out of the driveway. She takes her time cruzing down the highway. She ignores the other cars honking at her. She wants to take all the scenery in before she leaves.

              She turns her luggage in and wants before heading over to the check in line. For a little bit Na Rim think's they may not show. But of course, Jin comes running in through the doors.

              "You showed up!" She cheers.

              "Na Rim, I'm so sorry I yelled at you! I was just afraid. I didn't want to lose you," He hugs her, "I'll miss you!"

              "I'll miss you too!" She hugs him back.

              Na Rim hugs everyone down the line. Until Yoongi's the last one. He clears his throat and does a quick nonchalant smile and turning his head away, rocking back and forth on his heels. He really drives her patients.

              Na Rim does something she never thought she'd be able to do. She drops her purse and slams her body into him, wrapping her arms around his neck and holding on to him. He inhales sharply, surprised by the sudden attack. She stayed in that position for a long time, standing on her tippy toes. Then Yoongi does something he never thought he'd be able to do. He hugs her back. His heart pounds against his chest, afraid that Na Rim might feel it, but it didn't matter because her heart was slamming against her rib cage too. An eternity passes. They inhale each other sweet scents, savoring them. 

              Hoseok clears his throat. The two huggers flinch and pull apart. Yoongi rubs the back of his neck, "well, bye."

              "Yeah," she breath out, "bye."

              "See you in one year," Jin answers, "you better not be late!"

              "Haha! I won't Oppa!" She grabs her purse and waves good bye as she turns in her ticket and boards the plane. Her heart still hammering her chest. That does it. Her feelings for Yoongi were crystal clear, she is in love with him and now she has to wait 365 days to see him again.

 

 

 

 

You guys have no idea how much I was fangirling over this chapter. I had such a fun time writing it. Hope you enjoyed it too!