Chapter 10

Wake Me Up When I'm Back to Normal

               Na Rim couldn't resist going after the ice cream truck that stopped by across their street. She use to eat that type of ice cream all the time when she was little. Best ice cream in Seoul. It could outdo any dessert shop, cart, restaurant in town.

               The warm summer air fills her lungs. the birds chirp, the breeze fiddles with her hair slightly, she pushes it aside.

               Na Rim pulls out her fake alligator skinned wallet she bought in France and rummies around for a five dollar bill. She looks at the black board menu written in pink chalk.

               "Hello! Anything I can get for you?" The voice sounds really upbeat, surprisingly familiar. The woman speaking looks really familiar. 

               "Yeah," she stutters after trying to remember where the woman is from, "I'd like a peanut butter cup concrete, please!"

               "Okay," she types in numbers on a screen, "$4.36."

               Na Rim hands the woman her five, the woman's finger touch her's slightly as she grasps onto the money. They're cold, freezing, and bony. Her nails are long. Her skin says fifty, but her eyes say at least 100. It freaks Na Rim out. She grabs the giant ice cream cup after the woman makes it and hurries back to her house, shutting the door behind her. She shivers. That meeting gave her the creeps. She hasn't felt like that since her encounter with the so called "witch" when she was little. She hid back her fear though during that time. Her mother always told her to me nice, even to the wicked strangers. 

               She changes her clothes into something comfortable and eats her ice cream on her couch, watching American Horror Story. After a while her eyes become heavy, abnormally heavy; she can barely keep them open. She accidently drips a couple of drops of ice cream on her sweat pants, staining them. She doesn't care though. She places her half eaten ice cream cup on her old, dark wooden coffee table, theres a loud *THUMP* when she places it down, it falls down on it's side. She doesn't care, she watches the melting ice cream seep out all over the table. She doesn't care, she's so tired. Na Rim can barely lift her fingers. Still sitting up, she closes her eyes, letting her body cave in. Why is she being so strange? She's never fallen asleep before sitting up, maybe this could be an exception. 

               Na Rim's mind closes off the rest of the world, letting it blacken and create it's own vivid visions that surround her world in some way. 

               "What are you doing?" She hears the TV speak in an ever so faintly voice, and then nothing at all.

 


Wake up.

WAKE UP.

WAKE UP! 

Na Rim jostles awake. Her head spinning, a head ache has really put a damper on her vision. It's making it blur a little bit. She shakes her head, trying to take some of the sleepiness out of her. 

What?

               Na Rim isn't in her living room. She looks around, trying to place the three or four of everything into one. She attempts to focus on one thing, the door. It's a dark, steel looking door with bolts surrounding the entire frame. Theres a giant six part lock up the side. Where am I?

               Na Rim shakily places her hands on the cold, wooden ground, and uses all of her strength to push herself up. She falls back down. 

               She then presses her shoulder against the wall behind her and pushes her body upwards. Her head spins around, blackening to a tiny dot, then opening back to her full vision. She staggers forward, hands out to reach the door. She falls down right on her front side, something grabbed her feet.

               Thick, black metal chains were binding her to the room. They lead right into the wall. 

               Na Rim's adrenaline is starting to pump. Her head ache is still with her, but isn't as bad; her vision is clearing up. No more black dot in the middle of her eye, traveling away from her when she tries to stare at it. 

               She crouches down and wraps her fingers around the locks on it. As if she could get it open, she tugs on the two sides that form the circle where her ankle is in, expecting it to fall apart.  Nothing.

               She hears steam sound from outside the door for about three seconds, and then it stops. Strange noises are coming from all around her, moans, cries, water dripping. Everything that would be heard in a horror movie if someone was in a dungeon. Am I in a dungeon?

               Na Rim is in a fifteen by fifteen room, everything in it's metal besides the floor, which is wood. 

               She clenches her hands together, fear starting to overcome her. 

               She looks down to see a stain on her sweat pants.

Ice cream.

I had ice cream earlier today.

I was eating and then I fell asleep, I was freakishly tired.

Why was I so tired?

It happened after I ate a spoonful of ice cream.

That ice cream truck gave me the creeps after coming in contact with the woman who ran it. Who was that?

               Na Rim was running through her head people, well person, that gave her that same constricting chill down her spine. She trail kept leading back to the witch.

               Na Rim's stomach tightens. She didn't do this to me, did she? Was I drugged, and dragged here by her? 

               She doesn't know one good reason why that witch would want anything to do with her. Wasn't she in hiding? It's been about three years and she's finally coming out of hiding. That's either a good thing, or a very terrifying thing.

               Good thing: The witch has been scared this whole time.

               Very terrifying thing: The witch has been plotting something evil for everyone.

               Whatever it is, Na Rim has to get out of her confinement. She can't be locked in a claustrophobic room while her friends are left vulnerable out in the open.

               She hears creaking and footprints clacking from down the hall. Na Rim's heart starts speeding up, doubling her current heart rate; as if her heart wasn't pounding fast already.

               She braces herself for the worst, for it's yet to come. Torture and torment run through her head. She's terrified on who or what's going to walk through those doors.

               Someone, anyone, help me!

               The clicking of the locks sound, the heavy door creaks open, a tall dark figure's silhouette is standing in the doorway. It wasn't what Na Rim was expecting. She was thinking of a strong, broad servant guy with a dark, smug face facing her. But this man, he's smaller, slender even. He's average height. He's some what familiar. His facial features aren't visible obviously because of the light behind him, only casting him as only a shadow figure. There's been deja vu everywhere today.

               Na Rim's body is pressed up against the wall thinking that it will space out the distance between the two.

               "Get up, come with me, now!" That voice. . .

               What?

               "Yoongi?" Her voice is croaky.

               "Now! Hurry. Before she catches us. Come on," he runs over to her and grabs her arm, throwing it around his shoulder and helping her up. He grunts at her dead weight, she still hasn't regained all of her strength. She has to lean on him in the process of trotting out of her captivity.

               "Where is everyone?" She asks, throat still dried up.

               "They're out in the car, come one, we don't have much time," he urges her forward towards a similar steel door. They have almost finished the long concrete filled hallway, when large monster-like creatures come at them with long, sharp claws. 

               Their bodies are lumpy. Facial features aren't recognizable. One eye is wide, the other is half closed. Their noses are scrunched up and their mouths are filled with shark-like teeth. There's three of them.

               "Not these guys again," he sighs.

               Yoongi sets Na Rim against the wall and takes out some sort of black dust. It look like gun powder.

               He starts chanting in what sounds like Latin and blows the dust at them. They disintegrate and fade away into the stuffy air. That can't be good to breath in.

               Na Rim's eyes widen, "Yoongi, what the heck was that!?" She says as she latches onto him again. 

               He ignores her question. He rips the door open, step outside, and runs up a few stairs. The light is blinding. Na Rim's eyes water. The sun is setting right in front of her eyes. She lets Yoongi guide her.

               Their surroundings show the ocean in front of them, the building that they were just in was built underground.

               Yoongi runs Na Rim to a black van, the door slides open, revealing Hoseok, Yoongi lifts Na Rim up, Hoseok grabs her and places her next to him; Yoongi follows after and shuts the door, urging for Jin, who's behind the wheel, to get going already.

               "Go, go!' Yoongi shouts, anxiety fills him up. He sits down next to Na Rim. Nam Joon gives her some water, she consumes the entire bottle. She then leans her back against Yoongi's chest, trying to regain her strength. She used up all of it on their run to the car. 

                He wraps his arms around her, resting his hands on her stomach.

               She winces, "ouch," she gets off of him, everyone watches as she lifts her shirt up a little to see what was hurting so badly. 

               "Oh my god," Tae Hyung gasps as the hideous sight is revealed.

               Stitches are sewn into her abdomen, starting from the bottom of her bra's left cup to the left of her belly button. It's red, looks infected. The sight makes Na Rim want to vomit. She considers it too, but forces the bloating sensation away. 

               After drinking some water, she's able to speak semi normally "guys, what happened to me while I was in there? It's only been a little bit, maybe a few hours but I feel like crap," She looks up at everyone, they look hesitant to tell her.

               Yoongi squeezes her shoulder, "let's wait on that, we're going somewhere else to hide, our house isn't safe right now."

               "A friend's going to take care of us, her name's Kim," Tae Hyung says gently to her.

               That must be the same Kim that Na Rim was so jealous about before she left. She doesn't care about jealousy anymore, she's just grateful that she's willing to help and can be trusted.

               "How close are we?" Yoongi asks Jin.

               "I'm going as fast as I can, trying not to break the law too much in one day," he presses on the gas pedal a little harder, just barely going the speed limit. 

               After an hour or so of driving in pure silence, Jin stops and turns off the car. Everyone rushes out, and runs into the ramen shop. They're greeted with a chilly wind from the autumn's air before stepping inside. Yoongi carries Na Rim in, setting her down quickly so he can execute what he did earlier with those monsters. He took out more of whatever dust that was and chanted more Latin, he blew the dust and it glowed, disbursing all over the place, it looks like some kind of protection spell.

               "Yoongi," Na Rim, exhausted, grabs his arm, he turns to her. She staggers a little, that was a little too much excitement in one day, "I need to lay down for a second."

               "Yeah, sure," his panic is easing up a bit. He walks her to the upstair's bedrooms. He lays her down in his old bed, action figures are lined up on shelves.  He gently lets go of her body, and covers her with his blankets. She winces on her wound. She shifts onto her right side so her left side won't be injured anymore than it already is. 

               "Yoongi?" She turns her head to him, he sits down by her legs and grabs her hand.

               "Yeah?"

               "Does my hair look bad?" She jokes, tiredly.

               He can't help but chuckle, "Not at all, you look beautiful." 

               She smiles at him and closes her eyes, "liar."

               Yoongi grins slightly and stands up, placing her hand down and walking downstairs. Aunt Kim is standing in the eating area, the shop's been closed "unexpectedly" for the day. He walks up to her, "thank's for letting us stay here," he hugs her.

               "Anything for my nephew," she hugs back, she backs away and speaks to everyone in the room, "did you guys ask how much she remembers yet?"

               "Not yet," Jung Kook states, "we're going to let her rest first and then ask her."

               Kim clicks her tongue, "she's going to flip when you tell her how long she's been in that cell."

               Yoongi runs his fingers through his hair, "I know. I'm running through my head how I'm going to tell her."

               "Oh," Jin steps up, "Kim, she has a pretty bad infection from a cut in her stomach, you know anyone who can fix that?" 

               "Why, me of course!" She smiles. 

               Everyone looks at her, "You?" Jimin asks.

               "I'm not just a ramen lady, where do you think Yoongi got his smart brain from?"

               "Schooling?" Tae Hyung asks dumb founded.

               "No, you idiot," Yoongi knuckles his forehead, "Aunt Kim went to medical school. She got her masters degree there before opening up her ramen shop."

               They all ooh and ah.

               "I'll fix her up after she's rested. I'll need to check her temperature and make sure she doesn't have a fever. It's bad to undergo surgery when the body temperature is higher than usual," she walks over to the kitchen, "is anyone hungry?"

               "YEAH!" They all cheer.

               "I'm good," Yoongi states, waving them off. He goes back up to Na Rim, pulling up a chair next to her and sitting down with one of his comic books. He's a huge fan of Captain America. He has all of his comics. Pretty sure he's read them over fifty times.

               He watches over her like he did a few years ago, when she got shots for her rabies. She's sound asleep, in desperate need of a bath.

               Yoongi smiles. You'll get better soon, Na Rim. Aunt Kim's going to fix you right up. 

               She jostles a little bit in her sleep which makes Yoongi jump in alarm, but he quickly settles back down in his comics. But honestly, he can't concentrate on them, he keeps staring at Na Rim. Even if she's knocked out cold and looks like a gorilla out in the wild, she still likes. . . Innocent. Her hair may be ruffled beyond belief, but her face is calm, her eyebrows aren't furrowed in concern, or frustration, she's just peaceful. Her hands are under her right ear, her arms and face are covered in sweat and dirt. She must've been through hell while she was in that place. How much does she remember? She seemed totally confused when she was in the car, asking what was happening. If she doesn't remember then he doesn't want to make her. But he'll have to to know what was really going on.

               He'll have to tell her how and why he's using magic, when on earth did he learn those spells, especially how to say them in Latin, how he found her. There was so many topics to unfold, so many reactions he'll have to see come from her. He found drugs in one of the rooms before finding hers, ecstasy, date drugs. She might have been drugged to make her forget everything she's seen. If so, then she might not know how long she was really in there.