Chapter 2

Wake Me Up When I'm Back to Normal

             Yoongi wakes up startled by Tae Hyung's screaming goat alarm clock. He falls out of bed and groans.

              "Yah! Change that already!" Yoongi orders. He rubs his neck and winces.

              "Are you wide awake?" Tae Hyung asks.

              "Yeah, I am now!"

              "Then I won't change it," he says stubbornly, "you won't fall back to sleep knowing that your heart just had a mini heart attack."

              Yoongi growls, "why you little-"

              "Everyone get a shower, wash up, and then we'll discuss the game plan. Break!" Nam Joon bursts into their rooms.

              Everyone scatters. Two members go into each shower. There are four. Nam Joon showers alone. He hates showing his body to other people, even the ones he's spent his entire life with. 

              Yoongi and Tae Hyung shower together, Hoseok with Jimin, and Jin with Jung Kook. 
They finish within ten minutes. They eat breakfast and brush their teeth, wash their faces, et cetera. They all meet in the basement, where they work at. Everyone gathers around Nam Joon and takes a seat on the deck.

              "Okay, I put a lot of thought into this plan, so if anyone says it's bad I will rip your throats out," Nam Joon threatens.

              "Get on with it!" Jung Kook's impatient self yells.

              "Okay, so I got these glasses and ear pieces for everyone. I'll give them out later. Anyways, Hoseok and Jimin are going into the cafe for some coffee. They're gonna wear the glasses," he hands them a pair, "these have a small camera imbedded in them right here," he points to the barely noticeable camera lens right in the bridge of the glasses, "You guys will be sitting down and acting natural. Talk a little bit, joke, but you must also look around the place. Stare at the counter, the back, go in the restroom and see if you notice anything. Things that signify that the Witch is in there."

               "Yes, Sir!" The two say in unison and salute.

                Nam Joon turns to Tae Hyung and Jung Kook.

                "You two will be standing outside, act like you're waiting for someone to come meet you, that'll give you a reason to stay in front of the shop, pick up your phone and pretend to call someone a few times. They don't pick up, blah blah blah. So you'll wait for them. You'll also be wearing glasses."

                "You got it," Jung Kook calls.

                 "Why can't I go in the shop! I would like to see my coffee shop one last time!" Tae Hyung growls.

                  "You're not seeing it one last time, we're going to be fine, you'll be able to see it everyday after this, and you're staying where I put you," Nam Joon orders.

                  "Okay," Tae Hyung pouts.

                  "Jin and Yoongi, you're going to be watching the screens of all the cameras. If anything happens you tell everyone. I'm giving the ear pieces out when we get there. I have guns just in case something happens, not that anything will, but still. I'm going to be walking up and down the street the cafe is on and will be looking for any signs. Once we absolutely know she's there then we make our move," Nam Joon looks at everyone, "No matter what happens out there. We're brothers, don't any of you bone heads forget that. We've been with each other since we were kids. We met in elementary school, even if we were in different grade levels we still found our ways towards each other. And I'm glad we didn't choose a different path."

                  Yoongi thinks the speech is cheesy, but it brings tears to everyone's eyes, and they all swear not to cry. 

                  "All hands in. Bangtan on three," Bangtan is what they called their team name. everyone put their hands in, "one two three!"

                  "BANGTAN!" They shout at the top of their lungs. They scatter into their groups. 

                  Nam Joon rented a big van to put all the software in. He hooked everything up while they were still sleeping. 

                  Everyone gets into their cars and drive off to the coffee shop. Jin and Yoongi park a block away from the cafe and wait for the others to be in position. Hoseok and Jimin drive into the cafe's parking lot. They put in their ear pieces Nam Joon gave them before they left and put on the glasses. They stick the gun in their pants and cover it with their shirts.

                 They walk inside and order some stuff then took a seat that can see the kitchen and the hallways. They dropped Nam Joon off at the start of the street before coming in. Tae Hyung and Jung Kook park a few spaces away from Hoseok's automobile. They get out and wait patiently on the benches next to the cafe. 

                 Everyone is in position. Jin and Yoongi keep their eyes peeled on everything that moves on the screen. Pedestrians, plants, even the clouds. 

                "Hoseok, anything yet?" Nam Joon breaks in few minutes later.

                "So, any news from your boss about your promotion yet?" Jimin asks and winks, meaning for Hoseok to answer it to both Jimin and Nam Joon without drawing attention from the other customers in the shop.

                "Nope, nothing yet. But who can blame a sore loser like him? I'll keep looking though, you know, for another job better than that one that will give me a promotion, who does he think he is?" Hoseok pulled it off.

                 "Okay, I'll check up with you in a little bit," Nam Joon got the memo, "Jin, Yoongi, you noticing anything?

                 "Nope, nothing yet. I saw a fat lady with a tight skirt on, that mean anything to you?" Yoongi asks, attempting to try joking, he knew it was a bad time to start trying.

                  "She probably ate too much McDonalds." Nam Joon remarks.

                  After a quick check up, they all fall silent and wait. It sounds like nothing, just waiting, but not knowing if they should do something else or not really got under their skin Yoongi kept getting irritated when he thought he saw something and finds out it was nothing.

                 After what felt like an eternity, Jimin walks into he bathroom and calls everyone on the mic, "guys, we think we got her."

                 "How do you know?" Jin waits for him to answer.

                 "We've been seeing her walk out of the kitchen with dirty dishes and up the stairs down he hallways." 

                 "So? What's wrong with that?" Jung Kook asks. 

                 "We saw the kitchen. The dishwasher works because we saw the employees use it. There isn't any dishes in it either. She's probably doing something with them upstairs."

                 "That is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard." Yoongi announces

                 "Yeah, but it's the best thing we have right now," Nam Joon confesses.

                 "It's better than nothing," Jin says. 

                 Yoongi sighs at his friends replies.

                 "Okay, everyone fall in. We're going in hot!" Nam Joon orders.

                 He hurries towards the cafe. Jimin walks out of the bathroom and sits down with Hoseok. He looks really nervous. Tae Hyung and Jung Kook walk in casually and take a seat at the table next to Jimin and Hoseok. Jin and Yoongi walk in shortly after with Nam Joon, looking like they came together. The two tables are talking like they just happened to bump into each other. Well that will be three tables soon.

                  "Hey guys! Didn't think I'd see any of you here!" Yoongi claps, pulling up an extra chair to his table. They start joking with each other. Jimin says he's leave first and waits by the stairs where no one could see him. Then Hoseok, Nam Joon and Jung Kook go together. If someone looked at the stairs from an angle they would think that there was an exit next to it. So it works out great for all of the guys.

                  Tae Hyung goes and finally Yoongi and Jin follows. They all wait for Nam Joon. He uses hand signals motioning forward. 

                  Everyone follows single file behind him as he creeps up the stairs. 

                  Their hearts are pounding against their chests. All their senses are amplified due to the adrenaline. 

                  Nam Joon opens the door at the top and runs inside it so everyone can get in more quickly. 

                  The lights are off, of course. They start looking for a light switch while their eyes adjust to the dark. They can't find it. After five second of looking they all in unison drop and fall backwards on the ground as if pushed, but they didn't feel anything push them. They all groan. They try to get up, but they are pinned to the ground. The lights flicker on. They take a second to figure out what is going on. 

                   They are being pinned by nothing. They don't see anything on their body, but the force is there. They try to move and break free but they really are stuck there.
They hear giggling, Yoongi looks around the oversized room and spots the Witch by a cauldron in the middle of the room. But she doesn't look like a witch at all. One would think of the green face or giant nose and the outfit like The Wizard of Oz. but this lady looks like a normal middle aged lady. She is wearing mom jeans and a sweater. Her face isn't covered in worts. 

                    She starts, "why hello? What a pleasant surprise to all of you here! I was waiting for you to catch on. You sure took some time to find me."

                    "You were watching us?" Jimin looks horrified.

                     "Son, I'm a sorceress. I can do whatever I want."

                     "You killed my little sister!" Yoongi yells infuriated, trying to break free of her grip.

                     "Wait, let me see. I'm trying to remember who you're talking about. You see, I kill people who stand in my way. Let me get a look at you, I can usually remember the face of my darlings if I see the sibling."

                     "'My Darlings?'" Yoongi growls.

                     The Witch ignores the comment. She peers at Yoongi for a little bit, the lady walks up to him and squats right down next to him. She hovers over his face.

                      "Na Rim! Oh yes, I remember her. She was one of my best victims. She squirmed when she tried to fight her death. She was following me for a while, like you guys. I never found out why though. She wouldn't say."

                      Yoongi stops struggling and stars at her, fury in his eyes, "I'll kill you!"

                      "Yeah, sure, whatever," she pauses, and stands up to pace around the room, "say, I know what I'll do to you," she jogs to grab her staff, "I've been meaning to try a new spell I've been working on. It's suppose to blow your insides up. You stay alive as you go through the pain. Pretty neat, right?" She bounces up with joy.

                       The Witch takes her staff and dumps it into the cauldron. She takes it out and the tip is glowing pink. She takes something off her shelf that looks like green food coloring and puts a few drops on the tip. The staff pops and turns blue. 

                       "There we go! It's ready! Here we go!" She starts chanting in what sounds like Latin.

                        The members are screeching and wiggling to break free from the Witch's grip. They aren't budging one bit. Yoongi prepares himself for the pain that she would cast upon his body. 

                        The Witch creeps towards them. She keeps chanting as she touches each one of them with her staff. Yoongi is first, he is touched and immediately starts feeling excruciating pain jolt through him body like his bones are being morphed into something else. 
The Witch does the same to the others. They pant and gasp and cough, but for some reason none of them were screaming. 

                        Yoongi watch his friends in horror. They squirm and cringe. Their faces are turning bright red, soon purple. Yoongi is sure that his face looks that way too. His head feels hot and heavy to lift.
Suddenly it stops. He gasps for air. His head stops spinning. He looks at the team, they are turning back to their normal skin color. 
"What?" The Witch watches the guys.

                        Yoongi manages a little chuckle, "what you did didn't work on us, lady!" 

                        Yoongi spoke too soon. He sees the room get bigger. His body feels the pain again, this time so much worse. He 's able to scream this time. He head feels dizzy. The blood is pounding on the inside of it. He feels tears slide down the sides if his head. 

                        "Oh. Wait. That's odd," she looks at her spell book.

                        Yoongi manages to glance at s. He hates to see his life long friends in this much pain. They don't look like his friends anymore. They look like freaking dogs. Stuffed freaking puppy dogs. Cute and cuddly.

                        "Oh! Silly me, I forgot the frog Golgi apparatus. So I guess you guys felt the pain, and it looks like your insides were blown up but they also got changed into, well, stuffing? Yeah, looks like the side effect is molecular structure transformation. This stuff can last up to a hundred years! I'm pretty sure yours is thirty six though. I just can't believe it! You guys turned into stuffed animals. That's a first!" She is using her staff to support herself from falling because she is laughing way too hard. Probably to piss the guys off. They are stuffed dogs. What can be more humiliating than that? 

                        The pain that they're feeling finally stops. They just stare at the Witch with their glass eyes. 

                      "Well, that took a wrong turn. Right now I'm not sure what to do with you cute puppies," she paces a little bit, "hey! You know who loves cute stuffed animals? Little girls! I'm sure there's one downstairs that will just be so glad to have you as toys. Let's go and see!" 

                     She grabs a box and throws the dog members in it. She smooths down her hair real quick and opens the door. She glides downstairs to the seating area. She walks in the middle of the place where everyone can see her.

                    "Excuse me?" She says in her nicest voice and Seoul dialect, "As you can see, I have a whole box of stuffed doggies. My niece didn't like them. I wondering if one of you would be so kind to take them and give them to your daughter?" 

                  The whole team is screaming for help but the crowd doesn't seem to notice. Yoongi catches a glimpse of the door opening and a woman in her thirties walks in with her daughter who looks about five.

                   "Mommy! Look, that lady is holding puppies!" The little girl drags her mother over to the Witch.

                   "Hello there, little girl. Do you like these?"

                   The girl nods her head. Her hair flying everywhere.

                   "How would you like to have all seven of them?" 

                    "Can she?" Her mother asks, "how much do they cost?"

                    "Oh, they're free! You can take all of them!" The Witch hands the little girl the box.

                    "Thank you!" The girl gleams at the crazy chic.

                    "You're welcome, little one! You have fun with those!"

                    The little girl looks down at the seven puppies and laughs, "I'm going to take great care of you all!" 

                    "I can't believe I didn't have to pay any money for those," the mom beams.

                    "I don't want to be taken care if by a freaking six year old girl!" Yoongi croaks.

                   "Me neither!" Jin whines.

                   "She better get bored of us quickly. I'm not getting slobbered on by a child!" Yoongi demands.

                   "I'll play with you everyday. You won't be left alone!" The girl gently each of them on the head. They all curse at her tiny fingers. 

                   The mother orders a coffee for herself and an apple juice for her daughter. They leave the coffee shop and jump into the car. This is going to be a long and painful ride to heir new home. 

                  What will Aunt Kim think happened to me?