Chapter 1

Wake Me Up When I'm Back to Normal

Yoongi didn’t expect to be transformed into a cute and cuddly stuffed dog. Like digesting food, it just happened. He wasn’t the only one.  His six friends were changed too, by an evil witch they’ve been tracking down for months.

 

              “Hey, guys, I think we may finally have a lead on this lady,” Nam Joon, the leader of the team confesses, excited. His short, blonde hair stands up on end from his fingers running through it too many times. His chocolate eyes are blood shot from staying up too late for too many days, like a reporter on his first mission.

              The rest of the team gathers around. Jimin, the shortest one, has trouble seeing over everyone’s shoulder, he tries jumping to see, “guys move! I   can’t see anything with your big asses in the way!”

              “Mianhae, hyung. You’re just too short,” Jung Kook apologizes. He is the youngest of the seven members, and one of the tallest. He has no problem teasing Jimin.

              “Bwo? Moricano? ‘Mianhae?’ Yah! Don’t’ speak informally to your elders! Aish! Jung Kook-ah!” Jimin cringes as he says the name, fainting against the wall, “I am 1cm shorter than Yoongi, why don’t you ever pick on him!? Uh? Uh? I am two years older than you! I’ve eaten 2,130 more bowls of rice than you!”

              “shhh. . .” Tae Hyung, the alien of the team, steps in and waits for everyone to settle down and pay attention to his words of wisdom and destruction, “I have a suggestion on how to settle this madness,” his expression was blank, as usual, but his words had emotion in them. His orange hair falls over his face and he tries to push it to the side.

              “Yeh? What would that be?” Jung Kook says formally to him. The thing with their maknae is that he enjoys pissing the other members off. Especially Jimin. Kookie loves him, of course, but he likes making Jimin mad because he over exaggerates on everything!

              “I propose a SACRIFICE!” He says as he takes Hoseok, the most girliest, by the shoulders and shakes him violently. His head starts bobbing and he screams, breaking apart from Tae Hyung’s grip and jumps on his back.

             “Charge!” He yells, but Tae Hyung isn’t very strong or masculine, so after attempting to walk with Hoseok on his back he collapses to the ground. Hoseok is still on top. They both crack up laughing.

              “Guys, get back over here!” Yoongi orders with a frustrating voice. He’s ready to hear some good news, his arm hairs have been standing up on end for the past three months.

                The members stroll over to the computer, panting, out of breath, and trying to smooth down their hair. Jimin squeezes past the others to the front and sits down next to Nam Joon.

              “Okay, so, I hacked into the government computer lab to research a little bit about those wood fragments Jimin found a few weeks ago. You dongsangs have no idea how much trouble I went through to hack into that freaking pit of hatred. Anyways, it turns out they are from a flipping coffee shop in town, Java Extreme,” Nam Joon announces to everyone.

Tae Hyung gasps, “No, it can’t be. That is my all time favorite coffee shop in the world! That wench can’t do this to me. I was going to work there, I put in a resume and they said I could work next week,” Jin grabs a tissue and wipes the tears trailing down his face.

Tae Hyung has a thing with coffee. He'll obsess over something for months at a time then throw it away like a rag doll. He can be easily entertained, but can get bored rather fast, but never with his child hood brothers. They are always full of surprises.

“Wait,” Yoongi buts in, “wait, wait, wait. You’re meaning to tell me,” he looks at Tae Hyung like he just blew up the world, “that you would be working for a freaking coffee shop that really isn’t that important knowing that you’ll never have time for it anyways because you’re working on a case to find this witch lady?”

“I like to dream, Hyung, they said that anyone who works there would have a chance to serve some big movie producer and might have a chance to audition for some movie. I wanted to try it out. This is all too sudden, I need to sit down. Umma, help me.” Jin grabs Tae Hyung’s arm and shoulder and guides him to Jimin’s lap, which was the only seat available.

Hoseok starts to giggle a little bit, “Tae Hyung, you’re heart isn’t dead set on this case. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one. I was actually thinking about dating again.”

“Right?” Jimin high fives Hoseok from his seat, “I was thinking on seeing my Appa before he was shipped overseas again.”

“You guys are stupid,” Yoongi announces, scoffing and then laughing at himself, hysterically, “am I the only one who wanted to find this freak show?”

“Well,” Jung Kook scratches the back of his head, trying not to sound too offensive, “you’re the one who wants to find her the most, considering that she killed your sister.”

Yoongi tries not to lose his head. He loves his sister to bits, he’d die for her. Now he’ll never get the chance to. He’s making up for it by tracking down her murderer. Every time someone mentions her, he just gets furious. But he’ll never take it out on his team mates, they don’t deserve it. He’s just grateful that they are even helping him. He was a little nervous, but they’ve known each other since elementary school, how could they say no?

Yoongi sighs deeply, “Yeah. I really want to find her. We’re so close; I’m going crazy just thinking about it. You said that she was in that dumb coffee shop? Let’s-”

“No!” Tae Hyung’s eyes are still puffy, “No, don’t you ever insult my coffee shop! It is not dumb.”

“Right. Sorry,” another glare,” If she’s in that coffee shop then we should go find her!” His feet are tingling. Just thinking about avenging his sister’s death makes his want to go swimming. And he hates swimming. He isn’t even sure if he’s going to kill her or throw her in a correctional facility. With her power wand thing, she’ll most likely break out of prison. And he could kill her, but he’s never killed anything before. He doesn’t even have the guts to kill the ant hill in his back yard.

“Hold up,” Nam Joon stops his ranting, “we can’t just barge in the shop.”

Yoongi looks up at the white plastered ceiling of the medium sized house and rubs his eys, “then what? We just sit back and wait for her to change her location? Remember that happened last time? It took forever to find her again.”

“It’s five ever,” Hoseok corrects.

“What?” Yoongi snarls at him.

“Five ever. It’s more than forever.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me right now,” Yoongi growls. He can’t take anything seriously with anyone here. They’re always cracking jokes to lighten up the mood. He’s the most tensed up one. He can go a little over board with things, so when they start making jokes Yoongi knows that he’s getting tense again.

He takes another deep breath, “what do we do?” He looks at Nam Joon with straining eyes. He hates asking for answers. He should have them.

“Here’s what we’re going to do: We’re going to go upstairs and sleep.”

Seriously?

“Why?” Everyone asks in unison.

“Because,” Nam Joon points to the clock, “it’s three in the morning. You all have bags under your eyes, and the coffee shop closed at eight. I don’t know any coffee shop that stays open at three AM. Set your alarms for nine o’clock. We’ll get ready and discuss the plan then.”

“Fine,” Yoongi barks and storms out of the room. He doesn’t get why he can’t just tell them now. They all seem wide awake considering they were just wrestling.

Everyone gets up and brushes their teeth, and then they go to bed. Everyone except Yoongi.

He grabs his keys to his motorcycle and helmet. He’ll feel better after a ride into town. He usually does. It gives him time to think, blow off steam. Everyone has their way of dealing with stress.

Yoongi starts up his bike and hops on. He changes the gears and zooms off down the street. He takes a few turns left and right until he makes it to Main Street. He parks and puts a few coins in a parking meter. He takes off his helmet and pulls out his keys. The only place that is definitely open at this hour is his aunt’s restaurant. She stays up to practice knitting. She’s awful at it, but that’s why she practices.

He walks around for a little bit, looking in shops, trying to make out what was in there behind the darkness. There isn’t anything of his interest; so he keeps walking.

About walking a mile he sees the lights on in her shop. Yoongi climbs up a few steps and knocks nervously on the door. After waiting a few seconds, a petite lady appears lathered in fuzz. She looks astonished at first, then after realization, she smiles kindly at him.

“Come in!” She pleads and opens the door, pulling him inside, “it’s dangerous out there. No one’s on the streets.”

“Aunt Kim, I’m fine. I’m all grown up. I can handle myself just fine.” He sits down at the bar counter as she pours him some water.

“Apparently not what’s on your mind; what’s in that smart head of yours?”

Busted.

Yoongi sighs a little. Nothing gets past that little lady. Especially the phone bill. She always complains how they always put little things on there that bumps the price up. She goes there every time and bashes on them for stuff that she didn’t do and demands that they take it off. In the end, she always wins. Back in the old days, Aunt Kim was a detective. She interrogated suspects. She became freaky good at studying facial expressions to see if what they said was true or not. 

“We found Na Rim’s murderer. We know where she’s hiding.” He takes a sip of the cool water and it flows down his dry throat.

“That’s wonderful, Sweetie.” Na Rim was killed a few years back, Yoongi found out she went missing a few days before her body was discovered. He called for a search. She was dismembered and thrown in the sewers. He fell apart after he found out. It took his friends everything in them to bring him back from space.

“Yeah, it is. I’m really happy that we found it. We don’t have to search anymore.” Another sip.

“But. . .” She searches his face.

“But, I don’t know what to do with her. I don’t think the others have thought of that yet. I was dead set on killing her. But now. . . I don’t think I have the guts. I thought about prison, but she will most likely break out. With the power she has, pretty sure she will. Then the hunt will start all over again.”

“Oh, Honey, I’m sorry.” Aunt Kim has pity in her voice.

“So what do I do?” She’ll have the answer to this.

“I really don’t know,” she looks down at her hands.

Or maybe she doesn’t have the answer to this.

“Well, any ideas?” His fingers start twitching. It’s been a habit for him whenever he gets nervous, can't remember when it started. He puts them in his lap to hide them.

Aunt Kim ignores his question, “I’ll make you some ramen. Stay there.” She winks and trots off to the kitchen. Yoongi soon hears water running and then it starts boiling. She comes out with a pot of her finest ramen. He melts at the smell.

“Eat up,” she hands him a spoon and chop sticks.

“You bet I will. Thanks.” He snatches the utensils from her and devours the ramen. She put an egg in there, just how he likes it. He swirls the noodles around his chop sticks and lifts it up, blowing on it and then shoves the whole thing in his mouth. It takes him five minutes.

Aunt Kim has been serving him the exact same ramen for eleven years now. Yoongi never gets tired of it. The taste gets better every time.

"Wow, I think that’s the fastest you’ve ever eaten,” she smiles.

“Probably was,” he chuckles.

Yoongi and Kim talk for a little bit. Their plans for the future, what they did in the past, the inside jokes they've created along their aging journey. Kim has been better than a mother to him. His parents died when he was three. They left him with Na Rim. The orphanages wouldn't take them in, and the harsh people roaming the streets wouldn't give them a second glance. Finally Aunt Kim flew from Japan to Seoul to take care of them. How they survived before that was unspeakable.

“Wait, Yoongi,” Aunt Kim walks over to him as he opens the door.

“Yeh?”

“Whether you want to kill that witch or throw her in jail, that’s your decision. Not anyone else’s. So when you finally encounter her, when that time comes, you’ll know exactly what to do. Arresseo? Good night,” she gives him a kiss on his forehead and closes the door.

He thinks about what she just said, everything's always been up to him. Ever since he asked his team members to help him with this witch case, he's been making calls left and right. Not like anyone has listened to him though. 

“How the crap is that suppose to help?”