Chapter 4

Wake Me Up When I'm Back to Normal

              The screaming goat sounds again, Yoongi falls out of bed and onto his upper back. His legs stay on.  Tae Hyung sits up and rubs his eyes; he extends his arms out and stretches while letting out a deafening yawn scream. Yoongi shimmies out of his sheets and grabs the alarm clock; it lets out one last goat screech before he chucks it at the tanned wall. It shatters into a million pieces. He heaves for a second and glances over at Tae Hyung. His mouth in agape, his dark blood shot eyes are wide open.

“What did you just do?” he yells, stomping over to the clock and holding some bits in his hands, “I’ll fix you, don’t worry! That big bad monster won’t hurt you anymore.”

“If you rebuild that piece of junk, I’ll punch you in the throat,” Yoongi threatens and storms out of the room. The guys know he doesn’t like to be bothered when woken up. They’ll need to be reminded of all those do’s and don’ts. Starting with breakfast.

                He goes to the bathroom real quick and takes a shower. It feels astounding to feel warm water pitter patter on his skin again. He forms his hands into a cup and fills it will water. He splashes it in his face and scrubs his skin.

                He pours some shampoo on his head and soaps it up. He runs his long bony thick knuckled fingers through his hair and runs it under the shower head. He squirts the body wash and smothers it all over his body, around his neck and feet. He finishes running the water and grabs a towel. He’s glad that the shower is still running clean water. After twelve years, the water pipes aren't gross and disgusting. He’ll ask Nam Joon to pay Na Rim back the money she spent on their soap. No way is he paying her his own money. He doesn’t have time to mess around with that girl. Even though he wanted her to pick him up many times before. That’s over. He has his body back. He has to get back to tracking down that treacherous old witch lady. After what pain and silence she put him through. . . He isn’t letting her get away next time; and there will be a next time.

                He wraps a towel around his waist and grabs an extra one from the closet. He places it on his head and dries his hair.

                He hears a knock at the door. He places the towel around his neck and strolls downstairs. Yoongi unlocks the top latch and swings the door open.

                Na Rim stands on the patio in her jean shorts and black tee. She has a baseball cap on and her pony tailed hair is in the hole in the back. She looks really innocent and fragile, like he remembers her when she was six.

                She goes wide eyed for a second when she sees he’s in only a towel. He looks y with his wet hair.

He looks her up and down, making her feel exposed, “God, eat a cheeseburger, will ya? You’re as skinny as a twig,” Yoongi takes his towel off of his shoulders and continues drying his hair. He walks away from the door and struts towards the stairs.

“The girl is here!” He yells up the stairs. He continues drying his hair for a few more seconds then grabs the towl it in the middle and holds it in his hand as he drops his arm. Yoongi’s damp skin glistens under the morning light gleaming through the window, “why are you here this early?”

“Jin told me to come at nine,” she says awkwardly, rubbing her phones back with her thumb.

“Why do you do that?” He sounds annoyed.

“Do what?” She looks at him, still rubbing her phone.

“That thing when you do with your phone when you feel awkward, I’ve seen you do it since you got your first smart phone. It bothers me, aish,” he goes over to the washing machine and pulls out a fresh pair of boxers and his baggy jeans. He begins to drop his towel then remembers Na Rim. He looks at her and motions with his pointer finger to turn around. Her face flashes shades of red and she quickly twists her body away from him. Yoongi drops the towel and pulls his boxers up then his blue jeans. They’re worn out, the way he likes them. It took him seven years to get them like that.

“Are you done?” Na Rim asks nervously, still rubbing her phone.

“Turn around,” he dares her in an ignorant voice. She spins on her heels and spots him still without a shirt.

“You should put a shirt on,” she stammers out of her girly voice box.

“And you,” he walks over to her and grabs her phone from her hand, brushing his fingers against hers and places the mobile device in her pocket, “should speak more confidently to hide the fact that you don’t feel uncomfortable in awkward situations. I was your whole childhood. What makes it any different know?”

She looks away from him and speaks in a quiet voice, “the fact that I’ve been changing my clothes in front of real people my whole life.”

“Don’t worry,” he walks towards her, she talks a step back. He backs her up to the wall. Yoongi stands a foot taller than Na Rim, his body nearly touches hers. He smells of old spice and his natural scent, “I won’t look ever again.”

He steps back, giving her room to escape his presents. She takes that opportunity. She scampers upstairs and searches for Jin. Yoongi smirks. She’s so innocent.

Yoongi creeps up the stairs, Na Rim stares at him as he walks pass her and into his room without giving her a glance. He slams the door. She flinches at the sound.

He grabs a black tee from his drawers. It smells old. He hears Jin’s door creak open and Na Rim talk with him. Their voices fade as they head downstairs to the kitchen. Yoongi grabs his sneakers from the closet and shoves his feet inside. He ties the laces and sprays his cologne on, it seems okay to use. It doesn’t smell sour. He grabs his wallet and phone. He needs to trade his old one in for a new one.

He heads down the stairs. Yoongi spots Na Rim and Jin laughing in the kitchen, they stop when they see him.

“Oh don’t mind me, you two girls have fun giggling,” he smirks at them and opens the fridge. He closes it after realizing that nothing in there is any good. He clicks his tongue, “Hyung, can you go to the store later on and get some food?”

“Yeah, sure. Are you heading out?”

“Yup,” Yoongi heads for the door.

“I thought we were all going to the amusement park,” Jin reminds him in his motherly voice.

He gives Na Rim a quick glance then looks back at Jin, “I need to visit Kim.”

Jin’s eyes go wide, “Oh! Right! Yeah, go ahead. She must still be wondering what happened to you. Tell her I said hi. Arreseo?”

“Yeh!” Yoongi yells over his shoulder as he shut the door. He’ll need to call a taxi and work on starting his motorcycle later. It probably needs its oil changed.

He walks a mile into town and calls a taxi; it takes him over to his aunt’s shop. He mentally prepares himself for what Aunt Kim might say. Yoongi inhales deeply and opens the door.

“Hello!” She says from behind the counter without looking up, “How many is with you?”

Yoongi grins, “Just one.”

The dishes stop moving, Kim stops shuffling around. She looks up slowly, recognizing her nephew’s deep, smooth voice.

“Oh my god,” she cries and runs over to him, wrapping him in her arms, “I thought you were dead!”

Yoongi starts to go teary eyed, “I’m sorry I couldn’t contact you. I wish I could, but I was literally incapable of moving.”

“What do you mean?” She releases him to drag him to the back of the restaurant.

“Remember when I said I was going to find the Witch?” He says holding her hands.

“What happened?”

“She turns my friends and me into stuffed dogs.”

She loosens her grip on his fingers, raising the pitch in her voice a little bit. “Dogs?”

 “I know it sounds crazy. We just changed back into human last night. This little girl that had us all that time, I think for some reason she had something to do with it.”

“Changing back?”

“Yeh. We stayed with her for twelve years; time really does fly when you’re doing absolutely nothing but watch a little girl grow up. You can just tell how much it does by the sarcasm in my voice.”

Kim chuckles, “I’m just glad I have my sweet Suga back with me.”

“Are you busy with dining hours? Should I come back later?”

“I think you should, I’ll make you some ramen if you come back tonight. Oh! I’ll show you how much I’ve improved on my knitting!”

“Okay!” Yoongi heads for the door, “It’s a date!”

 

Yoongi walks over to the Samsung shop and buys a smart phone. Wait till Jimin sees this, he’s going to be so jealous! But he’ll have to wait until he gets back from the amusement park. There’s no way Yoongi was going to go there and hang out with that “girl.” He has better things to do. From all that time his money has been sitting in the bank, there’s no doubt he’s got over a million dollars by now. He can go shopping! He needs new computer equipment. The technology has more than likely improved tremendously. He’s going to need all the help he can get.

 

By the time Yoongi gets home, it’s after dark. He quietly unlocks the door and steps inside. He visited his aunt again and she fed him. Her knitting skills did not improve as much as he’d thought. It seriously looks the exact same, but as long as she’s happy with it, he’s happy. He is greeted by the scent of dryer sheets. Jin has been doing everyone’s laundry.

                Yoongi walks over to the fridge. It’s been cleaned out and fresh food has been put in it. He’s been shopping too. Wow, he’s doing everything around here. Yoongi started to feel a little guilty. Asking his mother to do all of this stuff. He tiptoes to the dryer and pulls out some of his shirts.

                The kitchen’s light turns on and Yoongi quickly turns around. Na Rim walks in, she flinches when she sees him.

“I didn’t see you there,” She pants.

“What are you doing here?” Yoongi’s guard is up.

“Jin said I could spend the night,” she walks over to the sink and washes her hands.

“Yeah, okay,” Yoongi starts upstairs.

“Shoot!” Na Rim cries.

He quickly turn to see what’s wrong, “you okay?” He says concerned, he didn’t mean to sound that way.

She glances up at him, “Hmm? Oh, yeah. I’m fine, it’s just I leaned over the sink and there was water on the edge. I got my shirt all wet!”

“Oh, no big deal then,” he continues up the stairs.

                Na rim grab a towel and tries to dry the sopping wet spot on her abdomen. She feels a shirt being placed on her head. She grabs it and turns around. Yoongi walks up the stairs again. She didn’t even hear him come back down.

“Thank you!” She calls up the stairs.

“Mm-hmm!” He says without looking back.

                Na Rim smiles a little bit at his kind gesture. She goes to the bathroom and switches shirts. His smells like fabric softener with a hint of his old spice scent on it.

                She walks back to the kitchen and grabs herself a cup of water. She heads to Jin’s room. He’s sleeping on the floor, she gets his bed.

“Get your water?” He asks.

“Yeah. You know, I don’t mind sleeping on the floor. You can have your bed, you haven’t slept on it in twelve years.”

“I can last one more day,” he assures her.

                “Okay,” she says and jumps into his bed.

 

The next morning Na Rim gets up extra early to make breakfast. They all take showers and by the time they finish and come downstairs the food just got done cooking. They all sit down. Na Rim places plates of food on the table and grab serving plates and bowls. She hands silver wear out. Everyone digs in.

                “Did you make all of this?” Nam Joon asks, touched.

                “Woah! Daebak!” Jung Kook shoves another spoonful of rice and Korean steak in his mouth.

“Thanks!” Na Rim beams. She looks around the table and stops at Yoongi, he looks up at her and stares back. What is going on in that head of yours, Yoongi? They stare at each other for about two minutes.

                “So,” Jin breaks the connection, “what are we doing today?”

                “Guys,” Yoongi cuts in, “we can’t go anywhere with Barbie,” Na Rim makes a sour face, “We need to get working on finding the Witch!”

                Everyone looks around at each other.

                “What?” Yoongi doesn’t know what’s going on. “What did I miss?”

                “Hyung, didn’t you see the news?” Jung Kook asks, “The big bad Wicked Witch of the West is dead. The police reported an older woman dead in the upstairs of a coffee shop yesterday morning. They showed pictures of her. It was the Witch.”

                “What?” Yoongi growls, “Why didn’t you tell me? You guys know how much this case means to me! I bought a whole new set of software to research on. Why are you telling me all this information how?”

“We were waiting for the right time. You seemed busy doing other things,” Tae Hyung eased in.

“All the stuff I was doing? That was all for the case! All the debauchery that swine did? She murdered my sister cold blood. You should’ve told me this right away!”

                “Calm down, Yoongi,” Na Rim says soothingly.

                “No, Princess. I will not calm down! You don’t understand what it’s like to lose something so precious to you that you lose your mind trying to cope through it. Na Rim died twenty years ago! You would think that I’d be over it by now, but no,” he turns to s, “I’m furious with not doing anything right around here. I can’t do anything right. I wasn’t able to find the Witch. You guys did. No matter what I tried to do, you guys were better. Nam Joon found her; he came up with the plan. Jimin found the wood chips. I can’t do anything good for my sister.”

                “Your sister, her name was Na Rim?” Na Rim’s soft voice calms Yoongi down a little bit.

                “Yes.”

                “What did were you planning on doing with the Witch anyways, Yoongi?” Tae Hyung asks, “we were all wondering if you were going to kill her or not.”

                “You were planning on killing her?” Na Rim asks.

                “I was, yes,” Yoongi’s voice is still tense.

                “Do you really think Na Rim would want you to kill someone for her? Who would want that?”

                “I wasn’t killing her for Na Rim,” Yoongi hissed.

                “Who were you killing her for? You?” She lets that question linger a little bit, “it sounds like you’re obsessed.”

                Yoongi looked at her with wild eyes, “Don’t tell me what I am and not, Princess, because frankly you don’t even know me.”

                “But you know everything about me and that’s not fair,” she strikes back.

                “I never asked for to walk into your life. You picked us up at the coffee shop. You just couldn’t say no. Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to take candy from a stranger?” He snaps back.

              "Oh come on! You're pulling that crap on me?" Na Rim asks, "I was six years old. So yeah, I made stupid choices at that age, don't act like you've never done anything wrong."

              "That's because I haven't," he remarks, "I was the perfect child. I knew my place in the world and I didn't stand in anyone's way. Listen, Princess, know all the facts before you say things like you actually know me."

              "Stop calling me 'Princess'!" 

              "Stop hanging out with us."

              "Jin said I could, and I will. That's not your choice to make whether I come over or not."

              Yoongi mocks her in a girl voice, "'Jin this, Jin that. Jin said I could come over. Jin said we could hang out.' You don't know Jin either. So stop thinking you're buddy buddies with everyone and just go off to college already so I don't have to see your annoying self anymore!"

             He shoves his plate away and stomps outside to his motorcycle. Yoongi planned on fixing the old beauty up.

            He's going insane. Yoongi grabs his hair and closes his eyes, trying to pull himself together. He has never yelled at a girl before. Ever. The Witch isn't a girl, she's an "It", so that doesn't count. Yoongi doesn't know what made him like that. No matter how mad he was at the guys, no matter what they did to get in his business he never once snapped at them. So why Na Rim? Yeah, she annoyed him, Tae Hyung has annoyed him worse. She really isn't that bad, so why is he acting this way around her?

            Yoongi opens the gas lid on his bike and takes a whiff. It smelled disgusting, definitely needed an oil change. 

            While he's doing that he hears the front door open and the guys along with Na Rim walk past him. Yoongi doesn't bother looking at them, so he pretends like he doesn't see them and continues working on his bike. He's cleaning off the engine and charging it, and the cycle definitely needs another paint job. He'll need to go buy some. Gosh, he was hoping to get a day off, not do anything, watch Netflix. He was actually going to ask Nam Joon to go to the movies with him, see what's new. But it looks like he's going to be hanging out with Na Rim today. It's always Na Rim this, Na Rim that. All of them are revolving around her, Yoongi is the only one who doesn't want anything to do with her. He thought that at least one of them would feel the same as him.

           Maybe he doesn't know them as well as he thought he did. All those years of being together, they chose Na Rim over him. Maybe that's why he snapped at her. He hated the fact that she was becoming such great friends over that little amount of time while it took him all his life just to remember Tae Hyung's last name, and he still doesn't know it. Na Rim probably has better social skills than him, but to be honest, everyone has better social skills than him. 

           Yoongi starts to feel a little guilty now. Na Rim didn't need that fight. She just figured out that her stuffed dogs are actually human. She's trying to become friends with them so things won't be as awkward. He wishes he could take back time and undo that fight. He could probably apologize to her, but that was going overboard. He's never apologized to anyone in his life, mostly because he never had to. He never made slip ups. He isn't even sure how to do it. Yoongi's friends are so use to it, they say it out of habit while he can't even get it off of his tongue.

         He'll attempt it later. Right now he needs to work on his motorcycle. Yoongi won't let anything or anyone get in his mind while he's doing it. When he decides on something, he sticks to it until the end.