Chapter 3

Wake Me Up When I'm Back to Normal

            The little girl squeals at her mother, "aren't they pretty? I like this one," she points to Yoongi, "He looks handsome."

           "He does, doesn't he?" Her mom stares at him.

           "Stop staring at me!" Yoongi says embarrassed, but grateful that he is favored the most. He'd never tell the guys that though. He's suppose to be the strong hearted members, stone faced.

           "I'm going to go play with them in my room," she waddles up the stairs, making sure not to drop the box. She runs into her room and shuts the door. "Okay, why should we do?"

              She asks innocently, looking at them with big bug eyes. Yoongi hates that he likes the way her eyes glisten, even for a little girl, and her smile is really sweet and pretty. Her two missing top teeth is pretty cute. 

             "Do you guys want to play dolls?" She looks with hope at them. The members scream for her not to.

             "Yeah, me neither." Looks like she doesn't like dolls a lot, "What about war?"

              "War?" They all look at each other confused.

              "It's really fun. You throw Grenades and shoot pistols and rifles. My dad is in the military, so I know a lot about that stuff."

              "Seriously? We're going to blow each other up and shoot? This girl needs a G.I.Joe. Not stuffed dogs," Jung Kook comments.

              "Let's do it! I'll put you three into an army," she slides Nam Joon, Tae Hyung, and Yoongi over to her right, "you'll be my right hand man," she says to Yoongi, " and you four into an army," she slides Hoseok, Jimin, Jin, and Jung Kook to her left. She claps.

               "Now we'll begin."

              She grabs little barrels and wood from her toy box, "okay, the barrels are grenades and the wood is longer so they'll be the guns. Got it?" Even though she can't hear them, she always seems to read their minds without trying too. She just responds to her own questions the way she would.

              The girl breaks out in a quiet war cry, she take barrels and throws them, pretending that they blow up and smack her head when it misses the enemy. The members slowly start getting into it. They start screaming when barrels are thrown and guns are fired. Two of them died, Jin and Hoseok. They lay down, unable to move. Yoongi can only think about how annoying yet fun this six year old girl is. She's able to entertain herself with a war going on with stuffed dogs; he wasn't able to do that when he was six. He was too busy worrying about crapping his pants in school.

              The girl handles the members easily, she doesn't fling them around the room or hit them. She's very gentle.
Soon, everyone is dead , she died too, God knows how. Suicide maybe. The members didn't even know she was on the battle field.

               "Na Rim!" The girl's mother calls.

               Yoongi gasps, "guys, the girl has the same name as my sister."

              "That's weird," Jin announces.

              "Hold on," the girl picks the stuffed dogs up and lines them up on the floor, "I need to eat dinner, you all stand at attention until I return, got it?" She asks and giggles, "good!"

              "Na Rim doesn't even give us a chance to respond!" Jimin complains.

              "Well duh! She's six, she thinks we're dogs, and she can't hear us, so yeah she's going to reply for us," Yoongi defends Na Rim without noticing.

              "Aish!" Jimin says, wishing he could scratch the back of his head.

              After an hour or so the six year old cones back in, "it's eight o'clock, I have school tomorrow so I have to go to sleep. I'll play with you guys when I get back." She places them under her bed and then climbs on top, cuddling with her pillow and falls asleep rather quickly.
About one in the morning Na Rim wakes up to a giant green glow outside. She sits up and rubs her eyes. She quickly pulls her covers off and runs to the window.

              "Wow!" She points at the sky, "a shooting star!" She turns to her stuffed puppies and back to the sky, "I wish that all seven of my dogs would turn into real people so I can play with them more realistically." She says with closed eyes and intertwines her fingers.

              "Guys, she's wishing for us to turn back to human!" Tae Hyung squeals.

              "She really is something a piece of work, isn't she?" Yoongi asks himself.

              After school Na Rim played with her dogs. This cycle continued for many years. Yoongi remembered every one of her birthdays up till her twelfth one. She stopped playing with them at about that age. They remained under her bed after that. The stuffed members all watched her run in and out of her room, sing and dance in it, talk with friends in it, they wished they could've closed their eyes when she changed in it. She barely paid any attention to them. But she always refused to sell them each time they had a garage sale. Na Rim looked older everyday. She stopped coming into her room often, usually at friends houses. She'd stay if she was doing homework or studying, and she studied a lot. Yoongi started to miss her. He didn't want to miss her though. She meant nothing special to him. Just a girl. 

              On her fifteenth birthday she got contacts and make up to use instead of her huge glasses. She really looked pretty. Yoongi kept telling himself to stop thinking about her.

              Even though she was always away, Yoongi knew what was happening in her life. She always put up posters of things involving science, mostly bugs. She is a huge bug fan. He thought that was cute, but very disturbing. He found out that she recently broke up with her first boyfriend, he over heard her talk about him with her friend, Mi Young. It was really sad. She cried for hours. that use to be little girl six year old was hurt. He hated to think it but that kind of broke his heart.

              Her eighteenth birthday rolled around. She finished school and would be going off to Gangnam University in a week. Yoongi will really miss her, though he'll pretend not to. 
She had some of her things packed already. Her posters, her little ukulele she strums on when she was bored, and her laptop. She'll pack her clothes the night before she leaves, or at least that's what she told her mother.

              She picks up her journal she got for her thirteenth birthday and starts writing in it. Yoongi has always wondered what she writes in it. He guesses he'll never find out. Probably about her mom. He heard her say that she'd be out with her friends for a while. Na Rim closes it and gets ready or bed. She puts her hair up in a messy bun and puts her PJ's on. Yoongi kind of likes the way she puts her hair up.

               He feels his stomach tingle a little bit. Woah.
It tingles again.

               "Guys, what's going on?" Hoseok asks scared.

              "You guys feel it too?" Yoongi asks scared but relieved that he wasn't the only one. It keeps rumbling. Soon his head starts to spin, his vision blurs and he can feel him body grow. What's happening? He doubles over in pain. The same pain he felt twelve years ago. It hurts even worse now, probably because he doesn't have any muscles to help deal with the pain. Only stuffing.
His body twitches and turns. Then he can see hands. His paws turn into palms with fingers sticking out of them. He forms legs with feet and toes. The pain subsides. He feels his body. How is this possible?

              He hears Na Rim scream at the top of her lungs. He turns towards her. She's huddled up in the corner with a clothes hanger in her hanger.

                "Na Rim!" The other members cheer at her.

              "Who are you and what are you doing in my house? What are you doing in my room? How did you get in here? Get out!" She screeches.

              "Hey, calm down. Why are you over reacting? We've been with you since you were six." Hoseok says, very chill like.

              "What are you talking about?" Her voice steadies a little.

              "Come here," Jin walks towards her, wanting a hug.

              "No! Stay back!" She stands up and holds the clothes hanger as her only weapon, "You guys are all !

              "What?" The members look at each other then at themselves. They start screaming and covering their selves up with their hands. Completely exposed, totally embarrassed. Great introduction so far.

              "No! Don't do that, it'll only make things more awkward!" She orders, "Come with me."
Na Rim faces them still but walks out of the room, towards her parents room to get them her fathers clothes. 
"Put these on," she throws them underwear and pajamas. There was only enough shirts for six if them. Yoongi has to be shirtless. He was fine with that, the lad's been all his time at the house. He's comfortable with it, and its not like he cares what she thinks of his abs.

              "Okay, now who are you?" Na Rim drops the clothes hanger and walks them to the living room.

              "We're your stuffed dogs," Yoongi announces, sounding totally relaxed and doesn't care. He looks at his finger nails.

              Na Rim tries not look at his chest and abs. It was making her a little nervous.
"How on earth is that possible? It isn't," she says

              "You use to play with us every single day in your early years. You broke up with your first boyfriend at fifteen, you're going off to college next week," Jung Kook tries to convince her.

               "No way," she breaths. She awkwardly walks up to Yoongi and looks him straight in the eyes. Just inches away, searching him. Yoongi got a little nervous. He hasn't been this close to her new beautiful self yet. He feels his knees get weak, but he covers it up. She slowly brings her hands up to his hair and it the way she did when she was young. He remembers everything.

              He grabs her hands and shoves them away from his head, "don't do that," he says harsher than anticipated.

              She stumbles back a little bit but still eyes him, "you were my favorite dog."

              "Your right hand man," he mocks in a girly voice and smirks.

              Her eyes go wide, "but it can't be. You were just stuffed animals. I got you from the nice lady at the coffee shop," she stammers.

              Nam Joon scoffs, "you mean the Witch."

             "What?"

             "That lady was trying to get rid if us after turning us into those stuffed dogs. One of her spells went wrong and we were changed into them," Yoongi sasses with another smirk.

              Na Rim looks into his eyes again. They are chocolate brown, just like her right hand dog's glass eyes. She steps back a little bit, "I'm going crazy!"

               "Try being in our shoes," Jung Kook murmurs.

              "I'm talking to my human stuffed dogs. I watched you morph into people! I'm going to a mental asylum. I'm going to be put on exotic medicine! This can't be happening!"

              "It is, Sweetie. Believe it or not. You can't twist what you saw, get use to it," Yoongi croaks.

              "Okay, um. . . What do we do now? Are you guys hungry? You haven't eaten in twelve years, right?" She asks as if trying to make those words have sense in them.

              "Am I?" Jung Kook speaks sarcastically.

              "Okay," Na Rim tucks a few loose strands behind her ear, "what do you guys like? Ramen? Cereal?"

              "Kimbap," Hoseok suggests.

              She pants a little, "Yeah, okay, I can do that," she jogs to the kitchen, trying not loose her head. She opens the fridge and grabs a bunch of meat and vegetables. She washes her hands and gets to work. She chops the vegetables and grills the meat. She puts some rice into the rice maker and lets it cook. The foods ready within twenty minutes. She places all the kimbap slices on a giant plate and walks over to the dining room where the members are all at. She sets the plate down and the guys dig in. One slice after another, they keep shoving them into their mouths. opens when she sees the plate cleaned off. 

              Jin places a slice in it. She pulls back, surprised, the kimbap still hanging in .

              "It's okay," he starts, "you have that one, I have five more in my hand."

             Na Rim looks at him and sees the slices. He shoves another one in his mouth and smiles widely at her. She can't help but laugh. "You guys are weirder than I remember you."

              "Well, you were playing all of our roles, and you didn't do a very good job at it," Jimin confesses.

              "Thanks," Na Rim rolls her eyes and smiles.

              "But you were really cute!" Jin smiles with a mouth full of kimbap.

              She blushes a little bit. "So what was it like for you guys to be like that for twelve years?" Na Rim asks.

              "I couldn't move for all that time. We all could communicate and all, but we just couldn't move. And it . I didn't know what it felt like to not be able to pee for twelve years!" Nam Joon says. He pauses for a little, "Until now!" He runs out if the room and everyone hears him sigh as he relieves himself. They start cracking up.

               "Hey," she turns to Yoongi, " I never got your names."

             "Yoongi," he slurs, not interested, and shoves another roll in his mouth, trying not to make too much conversation.
The rest introduced themselves. Nam Joon called from the bathroom.

               "So, were you my age when you were transformed? Because you like my age now," Na Rim has calmed way down. Yoongi's surprised.

               "I'm surprised as well, we didn't age while we were dogs. I'd be in my thirties right now," Hoseok says.

               "So, should I call you Oppa or Ajusshi?"

               "Oppa!" They all yell. Yoongi doesn't comment.

               "Ajusshi makes me sound my real age. I can't have that," Jin says.

               "Arresseo, Oppas." Na Rim looks at all of them.

               "That's it!" Jin encourages.

               "You wait here," Na Rim says to Yoongi and stands up from the table.

               "Why?" Yoongi asks.

               "I'm getting you a shirt from my closet. I'm sure I have an over sized one in there."

               "I'm okay bare skinned," he sounds annoyed.

               "Yeah, but I've been staring at your abs this whole time and its bothering me," she runs upstairs into her room.

               The members start oohing and nudging Yoong, "Shut up," he swats at their hands, "she's uncomfortable with her stuffed dog's bare chest, I would be too."

               Na Rim returns with an oversized SHINee shirt. Her messy bun bounces as she walks, her stride is soundless. She doesn't walk on her heels when on bare floor. Her pajamas are oversized on her petite body. 

              She hands Yoongi the T-shirt. He shoves it over his head and sticks his arms through it. He pulls the rest down to cover any exposed skin.
              "That's better." Na Rim places her hands in her hips, "I don't suppose you have a place to sleep?"

              "We don't know if our house is still in its original spot of not," Tae Hyung wonders.

              "You guys want to go see?" She offers.

"Do you have enough seats?" Nam Joon says, back from the bathroom.
              "Oh yeah, we'll take the Big Kahuna."

              "The what?" They all say in unison.

              "It's the big van. It fits eight people."

              "Lets go!" Jin rushes towards the door to leave.

              They drive up to the house. It looks the same from when they left it. But the grass has grown way too tall and it looks faded a little bit. They get out of the car and stride to the front door. Nam Joon opens the garage and grabs the spare key off the side of the wall. He unlocks the door and slowly pushes it open. He walks in and turns the light switch on. The place looks the same. Like no ones been in to. But there's dust everywhere. They'll have to clean it a lot.

             "I'm going to check out the fridge. Pretty sure the milk is a tad bit expired." Tae Hyung runs with Hoseok to the kitchen. A few minutes latter they both cough and gag exaggeratedly. They come back with their shirts covering heir mouth and nose.

              "Do NOT go in there." 

              "Wouldn't plan on it," Jimin gags too.

              "I'm going to sleep," Yoongi waltzes upstairs with his hands in the pajama pockets. Na Rim watches him leave. She's a little upset that he's giving her the cold shoulder. She liked him the best, but now his personality keeps ticking away her patients. She's sure he has reason, but seriously, she has reasons to call the cops on them but she isn't calling them.

              "Come on, I'll show you the basement," Jin drags her along with him to the stairs. He finds the light switch on the side. He looks around.
              "Home sweet home. This is where we worked most if the time. My bedroom is upstairs. I'll show you that later." 

              They go back upstairs and he shows her around, the bedrooms kitchen, living room. Yoongi barked at them to leave his room wjem ever they came in. Eventually it gets really late. She says that she needs to sleep and she'll see them tomorrow. They'll go to the amusement park to ride some roller coasters. She waves bye and drives back to her house. She cleans the kitchen and heads up to her room. She closes her eyes and wonders if her wish upon that star turned her furry stuffed friends into what they are today.