Chapter Twenty: Boys Boys Boys

History

I am inside a room. Everything in it is in cobalt blue, my favorite color. I am standing near a tall table that has a calendar on it, the letters were vague, but I can make out the numbers 2,0,0,3. 2003. This calendar needs to be updated. Rolling my eyes, I look around the room. It was as if the one who painted the walls got all lazy and bombed all the paint all over the place. A row of small standing on the table ---

And then I noticed a flicker of movements in the corner of my eyes. Where am I? I slowly turn my head towards it, and my eyes fall on 3 children, a boy and 2 girls, no more than 7 years old. They were sitting on small chairs, surrounding a square shaped table at the center of the room.

They are talking in hushed voices, laughing, and making funny faces. They are all holding something I couldn’t make out. Must be a toy, I say to myself.

Who are they? I ask unconsciously to myself, staring off a distance, trying to register this place. The place is, is, somewhat familiar. Maybe a place I have been but I couldn’t grasp on my own memory.

“Come on, Soo-Ra, why are you not playing with your toy?” The little boy’s voice echoed around the eerily silent room, making me jump. As soon as he realized he had spoken in a loud voice, he quickly covered his mouth and giggled. “I don’t want to play with this doll; it wouldn’t do anything but to stare at me.” The girl wearing a headband, So-Raa, reasoned out.

They were arguing about it when the little boy raises his hand and said, “Okay, we’ll play.” And soon enough, they were on their feet, the three of them, chasing each other, teasing, dancing, and twirling. Both of the girls dress, their uniforms, gracefully slides whenever they move.

They are just near me, their backs facing me. I couldn’t quite get it, why haven’t they notice me yet? When I was about to reach out and touch the shoulder of the girl, the room started to fill with smoke, with a blink of an eye, the room is already on fire.

It all came into a blur. I panicked, wanting to shout at the kids, but my voice failed me. Opening my mouth, I couldn’t produce any sound. I stand frozen on the ground. I tried to reach them, to help them, but something been stopping to do it. Must be some tricks played by Setrakus Ra.

The other girl, choked, large amounts of air, but it wasn’t helping her. Soo-Ra is already on the floor crying, calling her mom. “Eomma! Eomma!” tears stream down from her eyes.

The little boy, doubting who he will save first turned to face the other girl on the floor, clutching her chest, trying to breathe deeply. He made his way towards her and half carries; half drags her towards the door, leaving the crying girl alone.

I noticed I’m not affected by any means of the smoke; the Lorien must have spread the Legacies in the whole world already.

But I was wrong, when a big chunky wood from the ceiling peels away from where it was sticking, and falls slowly towards the crying Soo-Ra, I tried to stop it, extending my hands in front of me, but it didn’t stop, and instead it descended towards her and hits her head.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” I screamed, now my voice is back and realized it was just a dream. Panting real hard, I told myself to calm down; sweat beads stream down from my forehead, my heart is beat so fast I thought it was going to burst open. “That was just a dream, Caira.” I comforted myself. Patting my chest, I muttered under myself the mantra I have always turned to whenever uncomfortable things happen: “All is well, all is well.”

After consoling myself, I checked the analog clock that was placed on Kyungsoo oppa’s desk: 7:30 am. Should I go back to sleep? Or should I go out?

Standing in the middle of the Kyungsoo’s room, I decided to open the curtains to welcome the new day, but instead of being welcomed with a nice view, the sun greeted me brightly, literally.

“Kyaaah~! The light, it’s blinding me~!” I said dramatically while covering my eyes to protect it from the blinding light. Adjusting from the light, I slowly take move my fingers that were covering my eyes and look outside. Woah.I couldn’t believe what I’m seeing this one of the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life, my, my, my reflection. After “admiring” my freakishly bloated face, I washed my face and found a used toothbrush. I am not Ana Steel but just thinking of using oppa’s toothbrush is so freakishly y. Tss.

I decided to go out and cook for the boys.  Now it’s my turn to cook for them to show how grateful I am about last night and all of these.

Humming the tune of One Last Cry, I passed by the rooms of the boys, all of the 12 of them that has their names posted on the door.

[D.O] [Kai] [Tao] [Lay] [Suho] [Baek]

[Kris] [Luhan] [Xiumin] [Chen] [Sehun] [Chanyeol]

The way towards the kitchen is eerily quiet. The boys must be still asleep, I can’t blame them really, they must be really tired from yesterday’s concert AND we went to bed past midnight already.

Being very occupied by all of these happening to me, I haven’t noticed someone is already inside the kitchen, preparing for another day. How come I haven’t noticed him?

“Oppa?” I inquired, my soft voice echoed around the room. He jumped, startled by my voice. Huh. He looked at me with the same owl like eyes that I have fallen in love. It was Kyungsoo. Kyaaaa~! His face is very bloated, including his heart shaped lips, making it y even more, and his eyes are blood shot.

“You scared me again!” he was again clutching for his dear life. I could not help but to laugh at him. He playfully glared at me, OH MY GOD. His eyes. Help me here! I stuck out my tongue at him and giggled. His heart shaped lips curled into a smile. “Come, help me cook breakfast for the boys.” He said as he take my hand and drags me toward the place he was preparing the food.

Is he really holding my hand? This is so, oh my god. No, I cannot. This. Ughh. Help me. I giggled, covering my uneasiness, “I was about to say that to you, oppa.”

We spent the whole 1 hour preparing for the food that the boys and us to consume, and uh, we talked about a lot of things. He was kind of awkward to talk to at first, but once he feels that I’m comfortable to talk with, everything just fall into place. Uggh, this is just so awesomely unexplainable. Talking to my bias? Gosh, it was just all a dream, but now, it’s just wow.

“Uh, Caira?” he turned to me while we were cooking breakfast; I was mincing the onion while he was holding the tongs. “Ne, oppa?” He smiled at me and said, “Are you from here? Like, are you a Korean?” What? Do I look like a Korean? Chincha? Haha. “Aniyo, oppa, I’m from the Philippines.” I said too quickly, who would not talk so fast when Kyungsoo is looking at me like, like. GULP. “Oh, but I thought you’re a Korean, or something.” He dismissed the topic and return to what he was doing.

But not quite yet.

“Uh, you just came all the way from your country to see us here?” Haha. Okay, this guy innocent looking guy likes to talk. I just sat there like everything is very normal, but to be honest, I don’t know what to do. “Ne, oppa, just to see you here to perform,” I looked at him dreamily. He smiled at me when he heard the “you” part.

All of a sudden, I can hear the clock’s ticking slowly, this happens all too sudden. He slowly walks towards me, took my hand and guided me towards the—

“Kyungsoo!” A voice called. Ugh, ah, ne, nice, thank you for saving me. It was Baekhyun. When he noticed me, he immediately made his way towards where I am standing (and yes, I am near Kyungsoo) and greeted me with a hug. “Good morning dongsaeng!” I was taken aback when he did that, damn it. I mean, we talked about a lot of things yesterday and were immediately comfortable with each other but I wasn’t informed Baek is a hugger. But nevertheless, I hugged him back. “Good morning too oppa!”

He was followed by Chanyeol, Sehun, Xiumin, Kai, Suho, Kris, Lay, Luhan, and Chen. I greeted them brightly. “Oh, Caira, you’re up early!” Suho commented. I just smiled and helped Kyungsoo prepare.

They were all talking at once; Baekhyun talking to Chanyeol, while Suho was being all motherly to them, Kris, Lay, Luhan were talking in Mandarin, teaching Xiumin some basic stuffs, while Chen was busy humming the tune of Miracles in December. Wait, where is—?

But before I could finish my sentence, Suho asked in a loud voice, “Where is Tao?” Tao! The sleepy head! I guess he’s still asleep. “I’ll wake him up,” I volunteered, all the boys head turned to me, making me uncomfortable. I flush scarlet and smiled awkwardly. “Okay, just be careful.”

I made my way towards his room and opened the door. The room is beautiful, not really the kind of room you expect for a guy like Tao, but it’s clean, but not like Kyungsoo’s. I found the sleeping Tao draped in a very soft looking quilt in a very calm manner. “Tao-ah?” I try to wake him up, but he just groan and stirred.

Ugh, this guy. He really is in love with his bed. It seems that he has to be dragged out from where he is sleeping before he’ll wake up. I tried once again, raising my voice this time: “HUANG ZI TAO, WAKE UP!” Before I could react, he is already on his feet, he then unconsciously tries cutting something invisible using his hand and said: ”I WILL WUSHU YOU!”

WHAT? I laughed. What is, what is wrong with this man? “Hey, Tao!” I said, getting his attention, “It’s me, Ciara!” Instead of being greeted, he continue what he was doing, leaving me with no choice, I had to some sense out of this young man. While he was muttering something in Mandarin, I tiptoed around him so he could not see me, ran towards him, and slapped his back using his pillow.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAH~!” he screamed. “Sorry, I had to do that.” I am really sorry, but he was acting all weird and I was left with no choice at all. “Yeah right.” he glared at me. He seems to be, mad? Gad, that’s the last thing I want an idol to feel towards me. “The boys are waiting for you,” I went directly downstairs worried that I might piss off Tao again. Ugh.