YongSeo Short Stories : MUSE

YongSeo Short Stories (Previously Yongseo on 3,500 words.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Agassi.”

”Ahjussi”

Joohyun gets in the Lincoln sedan.  The latest model of course. Architect Seo always had the latest Lincoln sedan. 

“To the hospital Agassi?”

“Deh, I would like to see Omma first.” Joohyun settles on the plush leather seat.  She felt that the old man was waiting for her to say something else. She looks out the window and sighs. 

“I will be staying in Oppa’s penthouse.”

“I will inform the Housekeeper, Agassi.”

Joohyun resisted the urge to apologize to the old man.  She would never ever set foot in that house again even if her Omma begged her.

Her head spun with the force of her father’s slap.

“Yeobo! Chaebal!”  

“Step aside - she is still in my house. I can do whatever I like with her! You don’t know what I had to do to shut that stupid man’s mouth with money - a lot of money-  or else everyone in the company will know that she’s pregnant! I’ll be the laughing stock of the Architects Association!”

Joohyun stood her ground and glared at her father. 

“Tramp! You wanton girl! How dare you dirty my name! I’ll kill that boy!”

“Your precious reputation? “ Joohyun steps closer. “HIt me on the other cheek Appa, maybe you’ll be appeased.”

“Joohyun! Stop talking to your father like that!” 

“Get out! You’re not my daughter! You’re a tramp just like your mother! I always had doubts if you were my child - now I know you’re not!”

“Yeobo! How can you say that? Joohyun is your daughter! Miss Young Ae was -”

“Shut up Kim Sung-ryung ! You think I didn’t know you promised my dead wife that you’ll take care of this ungrateful girl? I know! You think I was stupid? You think I don’t know she was having an affair with your brother? A lowly employee? She was on her way to see him! “

“Seo Kang Hyun! How dare you! Agassi was on her way to fetch Joohyun from my mother’s house! My Oppa was an accountant under President Han! He went with her that day because I was too busy to accompany her! I lost my brother too! You’re such a cruel man!”

Joohyun ran out of the house then.  She was getting nauseous, her head swam, her senses reeled. She could not stay in the house.  She blindly grabs the car keys and runs out.

“Agassi! Agassi!” Her father’s guards ran after her.

“Leave me alone! I hate this place!”

She was still crying when she ran out to the street and got on the old sedan. Today of all days she had to leave her own car in the dealership for maintenance.

She was 4 blocks from their house when the accident happened. Joohyun couldn’t stop - the old Buick swerved dangerously close to a bus.

“No - no - please no!” Joohyun was shouting. At the last second in order to avoid a turning truck the Buick slams against the concrete guards before overturning.

When Joohyun wakes up she sees her stepmother’s pale, wet face.  

“Joohyunah - Ddal - we were so worried!”  

Joohyun let her stepmother fuss over her. Feeding her and combing her hair - avoiding the question in Joohyun’s eyes. When her brother came, just one look at Kang Joon’s cold face and Sung-ryung left telling them that their father would be bringing home guests that evening.

Later on Kang Joon tells her it was only because of her fast reflexes and the Buick having a strong body that Joohyun survived. It was also her brother who gathered her in his arms and told her that she lost the baby.

Joohyun sobs in her brother’s arms. She felt so guilty - she didn’t want the baby but now that the baby was gone she wanted her baby back. Kang Joon held her close, his heart was breaking for his little sister.  When her arms loosen and he was sure she was asleep he tucks her in and leaves the room. He had a score to settle with Jung Yonghwa.

Joohyun was discharged after 2 weeks and went home to Kang Joon’s apartment. She had to have several psychiatric sessions because of the trauma of the accident.  Her Omma came and tried to convince her to go home with her but Joohyun refused. 

But the real hard part was not answering any of Yonghwa’s calls and texts. Joohyun just couldn’t. In the end she did answer his call  but it was only to tell him that they were over and that she was sorry. She drank a whole bottle of wine after that and cried herself to sleep.

The next day she was on an airplane to New York.

Seven years. 

She looked outside and everything was different yet the same. 

Seoul.

She looks up at the giant jumbo screen and watches as a beautiful lady announces that CNBlue was back from Paris. She looks at the denim clad figure who was smiling and waving at fans. Still handsome, still charming. Jung Yonghwa smiles at the fans who called out his name.

Joohyun swallows and looks away. Her heart gave a tiny squeeze.

“Silly.” She mutters to herself. 

Everyone gave a second look at the elegant young woman as she entered the hospital lobby. The slim silhouette, wavy bouncing hair, sky high heels, sunglasses, chic handbag and bright red lips  catches their attention.  

Chaebol.

Princess.

“Excuse me - Mrs. Seo’s suite?” Joohyun walks up to the nurses’ station.  The male residents scramble to show her to the private VIP suite.

“Kamsahamnida.” Joohyun hopes her smile was warm enough for the blushing resident that held the door open for her.

Living abroad for 7 years made Joohyun a master at catching and holding attention. She was a very good real estate agent - she sold million dollar penthouses, studios, vacation homes and buildings  in New York State. Her bosses valued her gut intuition in selling high end properties.

But she was on leave for 3 months. Her Omma was sick and Joohyun had to be with her. No matter what her Oppa said - Joohyun would always love her stepmother - Sung Ryung with all her faults was a good mother in Joohyun. Her stepmother loved her fiercely and brought her up with care and devotion.

“Omma - Hyunnie is here.” Joohyun smiles and takes her mother’s outstretched hand.

“Hyunnie!” Sung Ryung's eyes leak tears.

“Oh - no tears - you promised.” Joohyun dries her mother’s tears with tissue paper. “I’m here until you get well.”

“Will you stay with me?”

“I’ll visit.”

“Joohyunah…”

“Omma - I’ll visit everyday but I won’t live there. We’ve talked about this.”

“Alright.”

Joohyun looks at her stepmother.  Sung Ryung just had a double mastectomy. It was an awful decision for someone who was as body conscious as her stepmother.  It was a surprise that she hadn’t opted for reconstruction but only wanted prosthetics. Joohyun would stay until Sung Ryung recovered.

She was on her way out when her father arrived. Joohyun felt tense and she started to regulate her breathing.  A quarrel would not be good for her stepmother.

Father and daughter eye each other wearily.  

Five years ago her grandfather, on learning about Architect Seo’s  harsh treatment of Joohyun, threatened to pull all out all his money from the business. It was only Kang Joon who managed to calm the old man. Once again, Joohyun’s father blamed her for what happened.

“Omma - I’ll come back tomorrow.” Joohyun leans in to kiss Sung Ryung. She didn’t even acknowledge her father.

“Ungrateful brat!”  He mutters as she passes him.

“I get that from you - Architect Seo.” She answers right back. “Unfortunately for me - you are my father.”

Her father’s guards bow as she walks past them.  Joohyun smiles and greets the 2 older guards. As she steps in the elevator she sighs once again.  All their staff were good people who bore her father’s abusive ways - she was glad her brother was gaining enough support - she fervently hoped for the day when her Kang Joon Oppa became the Chairman.

“Oh, you’re still up?” Kang Joon held the door open in his guest room later that night. “No jet lag?”

“Maybe in 3 days.” Joohyun smiles and gets up to embrace her brother.  Her rock and refuge - her brother was the only constant in her life. Her heart gave a tiny squeeze again.

“Catching up with your friends?” He asks.

“Oppa - you know that I don’t have a lot of friends.”  Joohyun goes back to bed. “I’m seeing Taeyeon Unnie this weekend - she has a recording in Japan this week.”

“That friend of yours is such a famous singer.”  Kang Joon sits on the arm chair. He was dead tired from work but he wanted to see his little sister before he went to sleep.

Over the years he made sure that Joohyun would get over what happened to her. He was relieved when she broke up with Yonghwa but he also despaired when she seemed not to get over the trauma.  He fully supported her move to New York. He contacted and called in favors from his friends - to look after his little sister because she was alone in New York. He was weary about her coming home, even if it was to take care of their stepmother.  Joohyun about his mother-like instincts. 

“Oppa! It’s only 3 months! You don’t want to see me in Seoul? Waeyo? I won’t get in the way of your love life!”

“Seo Joohyun! I was just worried …”

“Don’t be. I’m a big girl now. You look dead tired - Oppa go to sleep! See you in the morning.”

“Alright - let’s have brunch at the Silla. My treat.”

“Of course it’s your treat Oppa - you’re the VP not me!”

“Goodnight Gongju.”

“Oppa! I’m not a princess!”

“To Oppa you’ll always be a princess. Lights out.”

Kang Joon’s smile was wide when he saw Joohyun come out of her room the next day.  His baby sister was really beautiful. He couldn’t help being a little sad - he wished their Omma was still alive so that she could see just how much Joohyun looked like her.

 “How do I look?” She twirls around and smiles at her adored brother.

“Beautiful.” He offers his arm. “As always, Gongju.”

Over brunch he could feel speculative eyes on them. His sister was  a head turner. The tight black pants, billowing loose shirt, low heeled boots, artfully unmade up face and  shiny hair - all in one beautiful package. He was proud of the woman she’d become.

“Oppa - will you drop me off at the hospital?” Joohyun asks. “ I’ll take a taxi home.”

“I’ll have the driver pick you up and take you home. Just call my office.”

“Gomawo Oppa.” She smiles at him as they make their way out of the restaurant.

Kang Joon could just imagine all those people speculating on the mystery woman he was so attentive to.  He was considered a very eligible bachelor, dating models and high society women. 

“Something funny Oppa?” Joohyun asks. “Ah stop your tie is crooked.”

He was smiling down at his sister’s slightly knitted brows. Joohyun babied him as much as he babies her. When she steps back and pronounces him ready for work he laughs and kisses her forehead.  He holds her elbow and looks back briefly - 8 people were busy texting on their mobiles. 

“Don’t forget to call the driver at least an hour before you want to leave. You know how much traffic Seoul has.” Kang Joon tells her before he gets off in front of the Seo Han Mega Tower.

“Gomawo Oppa! Have a great day!” Joohyun waves at her brother. She leans back and enjoys the drive to the hospital.  

It took Joohyun years to overcome her trauma of driving. She was thankful that she chose to live in New York - cabs and walking were her usual routine. Her company provided a driver and rented limousines when she was with clients. 

“Agassi.” Her brother’s driver hands her a Pastry Boutique box when she gets to the hospital. 

“Gomawo.” Joohyun smiles. Her phone vibrates and she just shakes her head when she reads his text.

Don’t think too much of the pastries. Oppa just doesn’t want Gonju to get hungry.

Distant her brother maybe to their stepmother - Kang Joon was not always remiss in his duties as a step son.

“Joohyun! Seo Joohyun!”

She turns to see Jungshin’s tall frame walking towards her. Her hands clench.  She hadn’t seen any CNBlue members since the accident. She refused their visits, texts and gifts even Jonghyun’s. 

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost!” His eyes and voice were hurt. “Are you still mad at us?”

“I - I was- I was never mad at you - any of you.” Joohyun stammers.  “Excuse me - I have to go see my Omma -”

It was only then that she saw his bandaged wrist. Forgetting everything else she gasps and looks at him. 

“What happened? Did you fall and hurt yourself?” Then memory kicks in. Jungshin fell off the stage while CNBlue was performing in Paris.

 “Is it painful? You shouldn’t play the guitar yet!”

Jungshin smiles as he holds up his wrist. “I’ll live - Gongjunim. No bones broken, just bruised.”

“Oh - well then -,” Joohyun nods and takes a step back. “Good to see you. Take care.” She turns and walks away as fast as her boots could take her. She held herself rigidly - it wouldn’t do that Jungshin would see her trip and fall.

“Joohyunah! Wait -” Jungshin would have followed her but his Manager comes up to him and tells him that they were running late. As soon as he takes his seat in the van Jungshin sends a text message to his bandmates.

Gonju is back.

When Jonghyun reads the text he immediately calls Seo Kang Joon. Their friendship hadn’t been the same since Joohyun’s accident.  Kang Joon blamed him for introducing Yonghwa to Joohyun. Jonghyun accepted the blame and took measures to keep the lines of communication between him and Kang Joon. 

“What? You’re going to kill him? Will it solve anything? Is Joohyun going to get better?” Jonghyun held Kang Joon back.

Yonghwa didn’t even defend himself when Kang Joon started hitting him.  Even when their Managers threatened to file charges of assault - Yonghwa had just shaken his head.

“Please let me see her.” He said as he wiped his bloody mouth.

“No - never - you can’t see Joohyun! You’ve done enough damage, Jung Yonghwa! If you ever dare to come near her I’ll not keep still.  Remember that!”

“Weh? What do you want?” Kang Joon answers after Jonghyun's 10th attempt.  

“Joohyun is back.”

“So?”

“Can I see her?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“You know why.”

“I’m not part of - Hyung! I want to see her! She’s like my sister! All these years I’ve kept my distance because of you but she’s here and I want to see her. My Omma wants to see her - you can’t refuse my mother!”

Kang Joon rolls his eyes and silently curses. Madame Lee was their mother’s best friend.  Since the accident Jonghyun’s mother had only seen Joohyun twice - once in the hospital and once in New York. True to his word Jonghyun never attempted to see Joohyun even when CNBlue played in New York. None of the CNBlue members ever attempted. They all honored his request to leave his sister alone.

“I’ll talk to Joohyun and let you know but on one condition.”

“I know - that Yonghwa Hyung doesn’t see her. He knows your restriction still stands. Let me know as soon as possible - my Omma will ask.” With that Jonghyun closes his eyes and sighs. Joohyun was back and it was going to get complicated again.

“Hyung.” Jonghyun looks at the silent figure on the sofa. 

“Go see her. Let me know how she is.” Yonghwa gets up. “Back to work.”

“Deh.” Jonghyun follows him to the den. They had a deadline to meet - songs to make.

That night, Kang Joon tells Joohyun about Jonghyun’s request. His driver had already reported to him about Joohyun’s chance meeting with Jungshin.

“You don’t have to see him if you don’t want to.” Kang Joon looks at his sister. “I told you it wasn’t a good idea for you to come home.”

“Oppa.” Joohyun replied. “I’m here for 3 months - I’ll have to see Imo sooner or later. It would be very impolite to keep postponing it. It’s not her fault  - what happened to me….and ....”

“Don’t say his name."

“I wasn’t going to….but Oppa - what happened isn’t anyone’s fault. It was an accident. You keep telling me that but you haven’t really forgiven Jongie Oppa. I have accepted that now so should you.”

“So you’ve forgiven that bastard?”

“You’re getting angry. Stop. I’ve come to terms with what happened - alright? That’s the only way I can explain it.  I will stay with Omma for 3 months and go back to my life in New York. The past is done.”

They finish their dinner in silence. While washing the dishes Joohyun turns to her brother and tells him that she wanted to see Madame Lee that coming week. Only Madame Lee. She was relieved when her brother relaxed and said yes.  Her answer was obviously the answer he wanted to hear.

A week later Joohyun was early for her afternoon tea meeting with Madame Lee.  She dressed with care - the floral frock and the high heels looked good on her. Her hair was in waves and she did her make-up with care.  Joohyun wanted to project confidence and maturity - she didn’t want Madame Lee to worry about the past.

Entering the private room, she was smiling when the door opened to admit Madame Lee and Jonghyun.  Wordlessly he pulls her into an embrace and she feels his tears on her cheek.

“Bogoshipo Gongju.” He whispers. 

Joohyun sighs, embraces him and lets her tears fall. Jonghyun would always be her brother. “Orenmanida Oppa.”

He sniffs and pulls away from her. “Enjoy your afternoon tea.”

“You’re not staying Adeul?” Madame Lee looks at her son.

“Aniyo Omma - I’ve broken enough rules already just by coming here.” 

“Dry your tears. My son’s heart is now at ease since he’s seen you.” Madame Lee offers Joohyun a handkerchief when the young woman’s tears kept falling even after Jonghyun left.

While they started out awkwardly Joohyun and Jonghyun’s mother caught up with each other's lives.  

“Joohyunah - I heard you’re a top notch real estate agent in New York.”

“Ah deh - Imo - but top notch is a bit of an exaggeration. I mainly show clients the houses my boss closes the deals.”

“Well could you do Imo a favor and look at a property for me?”

“Imo - I don’t -”

“Just look - bad enough that Jongie keeps asking my opinion about the properties that he buys - this is a building for goodness sake what do I know!? You took up architecture and you’re a real estate agent -”

“Imo I’m not versed in Korean real estate rules and regulations.”

“Who cares about that? Just check out the building and let me know what you think. I’ll send you the real estate agent’s name  - set up a meeting. Tell your stubborn brother I insisted that you help me.”

 Over the weekend at the country club, Joohyun had to put up with her sullen brother.  Kang Joon could not refuse Madame Lee especially since Jonghyun’s father called him up personally and made the same request.

“I don’t know why it has to be you - I mean Jonghyun’s bought several condos - he can decide why do they need your opinion?”

“I don’t know -” Joohyun replied. She was getting irritated with her brother by the minute.  She already bought several books about the Korean real estate rules and regulations and current market trends. “Oppa! If you feel so strongly about it then you meet with the real estate agents - I can always just go for a massage-”

“Of course you have to meet with them. You think Imo will let me be when the agents report that they didn’t meet you?”

“Then why have you been sulking for days?” Joohyun pouts at her brother. “Someone turn you down?”

Kang Joon snorts and turns away. 

“Joohyun will only be here for 3 months. Why can’t you meet my sister?”

“It’s too soon - we’ve only been together for 6 months.”

“So you’re okay with us hiding our relationship?”

“It’s only for a little while longer.”

“You’re afraid they’ll call you a gold digger because you’re dating a chaebol? Is that why Gong Seung Yeon? Or is it about Lee Jonghyun?”

“What a thing to say! Yah, Seo Kang Joon don’t you dare flaunt your wealth to me! Whatever I have now I earned honestly! “

“I never said that - the press will say that! Like they did when -”

“When? You mean when Lee Jonghyun was my boyfriend? 3 years ago? It didn’t matter to me then - it doesn’t matter now!”

“But his feelings matter to you - still matters to you -”

“Think what you want!”

She’d stormed out of his penthouse that day and had rejected all his messages and gifts.  

They met when she was still Jonghyun’s girlfriend - at a fundraiser that Madame Lee sponsored. Seung Yeon was the only girlfriend that Jonghyun’s parents ever liked. A multi award-winning actress who was an acting veteran since she was 4 years old.  She grew up in the limelight but still managed to finish high school and university. 6 months into their relationship Jonghyun was unfaithful and she broke up with him. It took Kang Joon almost a year to get her number from common friends and another 6 months to even meet with her privately.  She was cautious about her relationships and initially refused him because of his friendship with Jonghyun. 

Kang Joon understood her then - the very public break up she had with Jonghyun was widely taken out of context and hounded her for a year. Kang Joon was persistent and patient enough to wait but he was getting restless about the state of their relationship since she wanted to keep it private. 

Kang Joon was unsure of his place in her heart and by his admission jealous of Lee Jonghyun. 

“Earth to Oppa.” Joohyun shakes his lounge chair. “Too much sun. I’m going inside.”

“Okay let's go.”  He follows her.

“Mr. Seo - there are 2 gentlemen waiting for Agassi.” The manager approaches them. “Shall I take them to a private room?”

“Let’s go.” Kang Joon holds out his hand to his sister.

Mobiles clicked and took pictures.  Seo Kang Joon was dating someone.

The 2 men smiled widely as they shook Joohyun’s hand.  Madame Lee told them that Seo Joohyun was a beauty and she was right. Just enough haughtiness, just enough warmth, intelligence shone in her eyes and her face was lovely. An Architecture graduate with honors but hadn’t taken the board licensure exam. Her bosses in New York spoke of her in glowing terms.

She was the one.

Max Changmin and Jung Yunho smile at each other. Their intelligence report was correct.

“Uhm - you seem to know a lot of what I did in New York.” Joohyun tells them. “Have you met any of my firms’ clients?”

“To be frank - yes - “ Yunho tells her. “ Nickhun and Tiffany are common friends. You managed the sale of their conjugal properties in New York after their divorce. Nickhun is a client of ours as well - we were his agents for the building he bought in Gangnam and his house in Jejudo.”

Joohyun closes her eyes briefly.  It was a nightmare selling off the properties after Tiffany’s divorce.  What with the pre-nup agreement and the lawyers - she managed to sell the properties for a lot more than what Nickhun paid for but with the provision that Tiffany be generously provided.  Tiffany now lived in LA with their son while Nickhun had remarried and was now living in Bangkok with his new wife Victoria, a Chinese actress and mother to their twin little girls.

“When do you think you can meet us and look over the property Miss Seo?” Max asks.

“I’m free next week - name the day and time. “ Joohyun glances at the face of her brother. “Send the address to my brother’s office.”

“You’re really going to do this?” Kang Joon looks at her after Max and Yunho left.

“I’m just going to give my opinion.” She replies calmly.

2 years later….

“Good morning Boss Lady.”  

“Good morning Baekhyun.”  Joohyun walks past her assistant. “How’s the morning so far?”

“You have 2 showings this morning and 1 this afternoon. As I promised you can go home early.” Her assistant follows her to her office.

“Thank you.” Joohyun smiles. “I just need to look at my emails then I’ll be off. Prepare everything.”

2 years in Seoul was enough to earn Joohyun the reputation of “Real Estate Queen” and “Agent to the Rich and Famous.”  

After rendering her opinion on the building that Jonghyun was buying - Max and Yunho did not stop pestering Joohyun to stay and become their partner.  Their offer for Directorship, full partner and lavish bonus was enough to turn Joohyun’s head.  

That and the fact that her parents divorced right after her stepmother’s operation. It broke her heart to learn that not only did her Omma not have a prenup and she was virtually penniless and homeless when Architect Seo divorced her.  Sung -ryung went into depression and attempted suicide. It took Joohyun months to get her Omma back on track again. Right now she was attending counselling sessions and as per her own request - Sung-ryung lived by herself in a small studio in Gangnam that Kang Joon and Joohyun bought for her. 

Joohyun looks at her week’s schedule again.  A former idol and actor who wanted to buy a housing complex in Daegu and a newly married chaebol heir and his wife wanted another penthouse unit in Cheongdamdong.

“Baekhyun! Do I really have to go to Daegu this weekend?” Joohyun calls out.

“Deh, Boss Lady - he wants you to be there when they show him the property.”

“Will his wife be there?”

“Deh.”

“Good - I don’t want any reporters showing up and assuming all sorts of things. Okay let’s go - where to first?  They both have views of the Han River right?”

“Correct Lady Boss.”

“Why do you call me that?”

“Because - you’re a lady and you’re my boss.”

Joohyun sighs and rolls her eyes as her assistant hands her the laptop. 

As soon as the elevator closes he calls the limo driver.  As per instructions from Max and Yunho - Joohyun always used the same driver and the same limo. The driver was chosen for having the highest safety record in the limo company. That was one of Kang Joon’s conditions when he agreed to let Joohyun work for them. When she learned about it Joohyun was very irritated at the 3 of them and almost didn’t sign the contract.  

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

They stepped aside to let the couple getting off the elevator pass.  Joohyun wasn’t really paying attention.

“Seo Joohyun orenmanida.”

Joohyun blinks and stares.  He was standing in front of her. The same smile, the same kind eyes, the raspy soft voice.

Jung Yonghwa.

“You know her Oppa?” Lee Ji Eun AKA IU looks at Yonghwa.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Joohyun stammers and steps back.

Yonghwa and IU bow respectfully to Joohyun’s clients. They inquired about each other’s health and promised to keep in touch. Joohyun and Baekhyun discreetly step away.

Her client, Lee Hyori, coughs discreetly. 

Joohyun nods and steps inside the elevator.

“Aren’t they announcing anything yet?” Hyori asks her husband as the elevator closes.

“Who knows - everything is just speculation.” Her husband answers. “We don’t keep up with these things Yeobo.”

“Ah - I remember now - Ji Eun owns 2 floors in this building.  I wonder why she and Yong are here.”

“She lives here as well Ma’m” Baekhyun answers. 

“Ah.” Husband and wife look at each other and nod knowingly at Baekhyun.

Joohyun was silent.  Her heart was slowing down and she didn’t hear any more roaring in her ears.  She coughs discreetly and squares her shoulders - of course she would run into him somehow, somewhere - except she hadn’t reckoned to have this kind of reaction.

Her reaction was exactly like this when she first met him.

Joohyun regulates her breathing.

--- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

“Oppa you never answered me - did you know Miss Seo from before?” IU turns to Yonghwa as the van’s door closes.

“University - before CNBlue.”  Yonghwa’s long time manager Bruce replies.  He looks at Yonghwa’s face and notes his charge’s bemused expression. “Right Yong?”

“Huh? Yes right.” Yonghwa replied.

Seo Joohyun.

She had gotten more beautiful as she grew older. She’d been in Seoul for 2 years.  Currently the hottest real estate agent - she counted actors, directors, producers, the elite and politicians as her clients.  She handled the sale of shopping complexes, business centers and condominiums towers for her company - DBSK - where she was a managing director.

“Max Changmin handled the sale of my 2 floors in that building.” IU turns to Yonghwa. “They are a really good company Oppa.  Have you not used them yet?”

“Er no I haven’t.”

He stayed away from Joohyun.  Mostly to honor his promise to Kang Joon and to Jonghyun.  He knew all about her activities and read about her accomplishments. Joohyun was an asset not only to her company but to Seo Han.

“Oppa - Yong Oppa! Anything wrong?” IU shakes his arm.

“Nothing - just thinking about the bridge to the song we’re making.”

Yonghwa and IU talked shop as the van headed for FNC.

They were considered an item.  Their duets were smash hits. They had 2 collaboration albums and were working on their 3rd one. They were comfortable with each other - finished each other’s sentences and created many melodies.  He sometimes showed up as a guest for her concerts and she always tried her best to attend CNBlue concerts as well as his solo concerts. When they co-anchored an awards show every interaction they had was scrutinized by the public. 

Are they or aren’t they?

Gray area.

-- - - - - - - - -

“Tell me again why I have to do it?” Joohyun was cross with Momo, Max’s assistant.

“Director Seo , my boss is sick! He’s allowed to be sick sometimes.”  Momo replies. 

“How about -” 

“Director Seo - President Jung is not coming back this week. You know that!” Momo whines. It wasn’t like Director Seo to refuse meeting a client. “Please meet with the client.”

Joohyun felt like a .  Momo looked like she was about to cry any minute. Baekhyun was looking at her as if she’d grown 2 horns.

“Alright already.”  Joohyun throws up her hands. “Give Baekhyun the date and time….”

“It’s today at 4 PM at Songbird Studio.” Momo’s voice grew softer.

“What? You know I don’t like meeting clients in their offices. Why not at the location?”

“Uhm - Director Changmin usually meets Miss IU in her recording studio then they drive to the property…”

Joohyun resists the urge to stomp her foot.  There were staff listening to their exchange.  It didn’t help that the office staff gave her the nickname of princess because Max let it slip that it was her brother’s pet name for her.  

“Miss IU is buying 2 floors i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter