YongSeo Short Stories : MUSE

YongSeo Short Stories (Previously Yongseo on 3,500 words.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stands shock still and grips the door knob.

“What is Oppa to you?” He stands behind her and pulls her hand away from the door knob.

She refuses to even raise her eyes or even answer him - her heart thunders in her ears.

“Answer Oppa.” His voice was gentle and his thumb brushes her cheek.

She moves her face away.

He shouldn’t be this sweet or sound so caring.

He shouldn’t be giving her hope.

A tear falls from her eye.

“Why are you crying? Are you that angry with Oppa?” Yonghwa tilts her face. “You haven’t answered Oppa yet.”

“What’s the use of answering Oppa?” She refuses to look at him. “Oppa knows the answer - I already said it before but Oppa does not acknowledge.”

Yonghwa’s heart melted as he looks at the pretty profile and didn’t missing the slight trembling of the pink glossed lips and the tear filled eyes framed by those ridiculously thick fake eyelashes.

Surrender.

He should.

His mind floods with memories of a scowling pretty face, pink cheeks, smiling lips and sparkling hazel eyes.

Sweet.  

Innocent.  

Beautiful.

Seo Joohyun.

Yonghwa sighs and gathers her in his arms. “Seo Joohyun what am I to you?”

“I should ask Oppa that.”  She stammers and tries to pull away. “I don't know what I am to you.”

“Sarang bit.” He whispers in her ear just before he kisses it. “That is what you are to me Seo Joohyun. Sarang bit.”

Joohyun’s eyes leak tears and she holds onto the ends of his shirt.

“Oppa is just saying that to make me feel better. Okay I’ll go home - Oppa doesn’t need to be - ni- nice - …..” She takes a big gulp of air.

“Ah this girl….” Yonghwa holds her face between his hands and leans in to gently kiss her - just like the kiss she gave him months ago. “Oppa is acknowledging and answering back.”

Joohyun stands shock still and looks at him. “ Oppa is teasing me again.”

Yonghwa starts laughing as he embraces her. “Oppa isn’t teasing you! Look at Oppa.” He pulls away and smiles at her.

Then he just had to wait for it.

Her nostrils flare, her rouged cheeks turn even pinker and then she rolls her eyes and scowls.

“Ah Seo Joohyun!” He laughs again and embraces her. “You are so refreshing and funny! You silly, silly girl!”

“How can I believe anything Oppa says when Oppa keeps laughing!” Now the pout was in full force and she tries to pull away again.

“Ara, ara!” Yonghwa kisses her warm cheeks. “Oppa is just very fond of teasing you but listen carefully - hmmm? Oppa’s sarang bit is Seo Joohyun. Is the relationship clearer now?”

“I wouldn’t know - I’ve never been in a relationship before. The Unnies tell me that our relationship is called “some” - a gray kind of relationship.” She pulls back and looks at him honestly.

Joohyun knew in her heart that she didn’t want a “some” relationship with Jung Yonghwa. She looks at him and just hoped that he would understand what kind of relationship she wanted.

“All I know is that I really, really like Yonghwa Oppa. I always try my best not to be so childish and not be like - a - like a- princess.”

Yonghwa just looks at her and smiles. Her honesty was refreshing  - her innocence coming to the fore. He would have to tread lightly with her because she was very precious to him.

“Have patience with me Oppa. I will learn.” She very bravely embraces him and kisses his cheek before pulling back and looking at him seriously.

“And stop teasing me.” Her heart thundered in her ears she knew full well that Yonghwa didn’t like forward girls and she was being more than forward.

Yonghwa bites his lower lip and nods. “Oppa will solemnly try. Now let’s go back to the others.”

He embraces her and kisses her cheek. “Let’s go - they will be wondering where we went.”

“Have you guys made up?” The waiter asks when they step out of the room. Both of them nod. Joohyun’s face heats up when the waiter nods his head and winks at them.

Yonghwa  looks at her blushing profile as she tries to remove her hand from his.“Hold my hand Seo Joohyun.” He grips her hand tighter.

“Where did you both go?” Jonghyun asks.  It did not escape their attention that Yonghwa and Joohyun were holding hands.

“We just cleared some things up.” Yonghwa replies. “Are you still going home?” He looks at Yoona. “Because we’re staying.”

“We are?” Joohyun looks at him.

“You want to dance yes?” He smiles at her. “Just don’t dance with other guys.”

“Jongie Oppa - why can they stay while we need to go home?” Yoona whines.

“Because you lied.” Jonghyun replies.

“”Only because you don’t like clubbing and I love it! “ She crosses her arms and sits far from him. She blinks rapidly she would not cry and embarrass herself infront of their friends

“Jongie Oppa - can’t you and Yoona Unnie stay?” Joohyun asks.

“Hyung - we’ll stay too.” Jungshin and Minhyuk chorus.

All of them ended up staying until the club closes. Yonghwa danced with Joohyun twice amidst the teasing that they got from their friends. He also had to turn down 2 wine bottles that were sent specifically for Joohyun, craning his head to look and frown at 2 groups of guys.

“Oppa - they’re Tiffany Unnie’s friends.” Joohyun whispers.

“Don’t care.” He replies and holds her hand. “Now don't drink too much - remember you're wearing skyscrapers.”

He had to help her to the car as she already had blisters on her feet.He initially tried to carry her but it too proved be difficult since her dress was very short and rode up high on her legs.

“Ah - next time just wear pants and lower heeled shoes!” He was cross when he sees the blood on the back of her heels. “See - your poor feet!”

Joohyun was smiling and her cheeks were warm when he takes out the first aid kit from the glove compartment of his car and puts a band aid on each heel.

“Oppa - there’s a next time?”

He looks at her and tucks the strands of hair behind her ears. “Of  course as long as I go with you and no need to lie - I cannot abide that as well.”

Joohyun nods.

“And too much makeup.” He looks at her before starting the car. “You don't need it Joohyunah and the dress - well you’re not comfortable with it and so am I.”

“Okay I’ll be my plain old self tomorrow.” She smiles up at him.

“If you call yourself plain then I’m fine with it.” He gives a small laugh feeling absurdly happy that she was still oblivious to the many male eyes that followed her on campus.

“Well yes - I’m not THE campus beauty.” She replies and stops herself. Her jealousy was showing.

Yonghwa leans to kiss her cheek. “You’re my beauty - so let’s just keep it that way.”

Joohyun went to bed with stars in her eyes. Not even Jonghyun’s visit the next day could wipe the smile on her face.

“Joohyunah - are you…?”

“Deh - Yong Oppa said.”

“Joohyunah - you better behave alright? He’s different from me and Kang Joon Hyung. You have to act your age and not be 6 most of the time!”

“Yah! Jongie Oppa that’s unfair! I’ve never acted any different when I’m with Yong Oppa. Of course I’ll be at my best behaviour. I know I’m a newbie at this but I know he’ll take care of me.”

“How would you know?”

“Because he’s your best friend Jongie Oppa.  He’s a good guy like you. I picked well.”

“That you did Hyunnie - that you did. Well at least  I don’t need to grill him or anything. When are you telling Kang Joon Hyung?”

“”Not until later - Jongie Oppa please let me enjoy first.”

“Don’t embarrass me.”

Joohyun scowls and tosses her hair. “Are you here for the goguma chips?  They’re on the table - Cook made 4 batches for you - be sure to share.”

“Of course I’ll share with you know who.”

“No need he already has his share - they’re in my room and I’ll give them to him tomorrow.”

“How many?”

“6”

“What? More than me? And I have to share?”

“Of course he’s my boyfriend. Now bye Oppa! See yourself out.”

People’s eyes followed them on the first week they were together. Although Joohyun was shy at first walking hand in hand with Yonghwa as they were walking to College of Architecture. Her classmates fairly gawked at them much to her embarrassment.

“Boyfriend?” Amber asks.

Joohyun nods as she watches Yonghwa walk to the Arts building . They were meeting up again after her classes.

“Ah - Henry’s heart will break.”Amber quips. “Isn’t he Campus King? Didn’t you campaign for him?”

“Yes  I did but Unnie - he’s been my crush since high school.” Joohyun confides. “I’ve liked him for a long time.”

By the time Yonghwa started his senior year and Joohyun started her sophomore year they were already considered a campus couple. They attended fairs, dances, social activities - always together.

While they did have some bumps along the way which was normal for a couple they managed to get thru.  

……

“Oppa what are you doing?”

“What does it look like? Tying my shirt around your waist. Check the weather forecast - it’s so windy and you wear a dress!”

“But you bought this dress for me to wear on our 100 days anniversary! And now you’re mad!? And I have coat!”

“A coat that’s shorter than your dress! The hemline keeps lifting up!  Besides I don’t like other people looking at your legs!”

“I’ll be careful when walking. Don’t get mad anymore.”

“Hold my hand Seo Joohyun.”

“Deh Oppa.”

“And I’m not mad - I’m just….”

“Just what?”

“A greedy man.”

“I didn’t hear it clearly could you repeat that  Ahjussi?”

“GREEDY MAN. Loud enough for you? And I’m not an ahjussi!”

“Deh Ahjussi ...er….Oppa.”

“Stop giggling!”

“Deh Oppa.”

“Silly girl!”

“Not a girl….”

“Silly girlfriend.”

“That’s better.”

……

“Does she really need to talk to you?”

“Who?”

“The TA.”

“Ah - you mean Han Chae-A - she’s a Sunbae from my high school.”

“Yes but does she really need to talk to you?”

“She’s from Busan. Our families have common friends.”

“So? She just happens to want to talk to you every time you’re with me?”

“What do you mean every time?”

“This is the 3rd time - she just happens to ask me if you and her can talk privately?”

“You’re being too sensitive. She was asking about a mutual friend - uhm - Keungsuk Hyung.”

“I am not being sensitive! That TA always has that smug look on her face every time I see her! Even the Unnies noticed!”

“Seo Joohyun concentrate on driving yeh?! Why are we pulling over? Yah - you’re crying? Alright - alright - Oppa won’t talk to her anymore - no need to cry!”

-------

“Seo Joohyun what are you doing now?”

“You said if I’m still on the Dean’s List you’ll grant me a wish. Didn’t you promise?”

“Deh I did. Ack! Why are you tying my hair? I haven’t agreed to anything yet.”

“You don’t need to agree - a promise is a promise.”

“Why do I need to lie down? Are you going to practice kissing?”

“Choding! NO! At least not now….anyway - my wish is that you let me put makeup on you and I’ll take a picture to send to the Unnies.”

“NO WAY! So they can laugh at me? Seo Joohyun!”

“A promise is a promise.  Besides after I put makeup on you - you’ll be pretty. Hold still!”

“Ah - that hurts! What is that?”

“It’s an eyelash curler - I told you not to move!”

“There all done. Look in the mirror - aren’t you pretty? The headband makes a lot of difference. Okay time to pose.”

A few days after….

“Oppa we lost.”

“Lost?”

“Yes - we lost the 1st place for prettiest boyfriend - Tiffany Unnie said.”

“Wait there was a contest? You submitted my picture? You said…. Seo Joohyun!”

“Yoona Unnie won because Jongie Oppa agreed to put on fake eyelashes AND hair extensions! I’m so disappointed! Oppa - Oppa! Wait! Ack - don’t get mad! No - don’t come near me…. ah….this is not a wrestling match! Yong  Oppa!”

---------

“Shin-nee told me you and Minhyuk were running up and down the corridors in your school.”

“Ah deh - we were looking for something.”

“What were you looking for?”

“Nothing - I dropped something.”

“What was it?”

“Just something - I found it already.”

“What was it?”

“Let’s have a snack - I’m hungry.”

“You didn’t eat lunch because you were looking for something? Must be important.”

“Yes it’s important.”

“Important enough not to let me know about it?”

“I found it already - so are you going to have a snack with me or what?”

“You haven’t answered me yet - what was so important that you missed lunch?”

“That blabbermouth Jungshin told you didn’t he? Our  promise ring - well I was getting the car key and it rolled off so we had to look for it.”

“It fell on the staircase and rolled somewhere …”

‘So you know the story - why are you asking me - don’t look like that! I would have told you! I know - I know - I lost the scarf you knitted for me but I gave you one right back didn’t I - I haven’t lost anything this year - so far - so….yah Seo Joohyun! Don’t get mad! Ah - that hurts - no pinching! Joohyunah!

-------------

Their relationship was steady most of the time and their friends found it surprising often comparing it to the somewhat stormy relationship that Jonghyun and Yoona had.

“You’re a corny couple!” Tiffany would exclaim when she sees them being sweet to each other.

“That we are.” Yonghwa would reply and Joohyun would just laugh.

“So normal. We hate you right Unnie?” Taecyeon looks at Tiffany.

Joohyun was very happy with her boyfriend.  He wasn’t exactly patient with her sometimes but he did try his best the months went by. She learned to curb her wilful nature - she’d been spoiled all her life by her Omma, her brother and Jonghyun - Yonghwa was a different matter - often times tears and pouting didn’t work.  He would tell her to stop pouting and gently wipe away her tears then tell her to talk to him.He wasn’t that strict either which she was thankful for - he gave her roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter