Yongseo Short Stories - The Courtship of Yoon Hwa's Father PART 2

YongSeo Short Stories (Previously Yongseo on 3,500 words.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get off me.” Joohyun pulls away. “Jung Yonghwa!”

Then there was a knock on the door – persistent knocking.

Yonghwa stands up and looks at Joohyun before going to the door.

“This little one yours?” An elderly woman looks at Yonghwa. “I believe she’s been knocking on the door for quite a while.”

“Aegyah!” Yonghwa kneels and gathers the little girl in his arms. She was sobbing and trembling.

“Be careful with your child alright? You never know what might have happened!” The lady pats the little girl’s head before stepping into the suite across from Yonghwa’s.

“Appa! Appa!” Busawo!” The little girl kept saying.

When she saw Joohyun the more she started crying holding out her arms and calling out to her mother.

“Where is Jean?” Joohyun holds the little girl and kisses her.

“That’s what I would like to know.” He looks at her before walking down the corridor.

Yonghwa opens the door of Yoon Hwa’s suite. When he opens the light he sees Jean and a man sleeping on the floor. Both were startled as light floods the room.

“Miss Bracken!” Yonghwa shouts.

“Mr. Jung…I can explain.” Jean scrambles to stand up. “We….”

“I don’t care.” Yonghwa was furious. “You are fired.”

He slams the door and ushers Joohyun and their little girl back to his suite.

“What happened?” Joohyun looks at the angry face of her ex-husband.

“Let’ go back to the room. I will explain.” He holds her elbow and hurries her to the suite.

“Put the baby to sleep first Joohyunah – I will be calm by the time you come out. Hopefully.” Yonghwa heads for the mini bar and opens a small bottle of whiskey.

Joohyun goes to the room and puts down Yoon Hwa. The little girl was sleepy but held on to her mother refusing to be put down.

“Appa?” She murmurs.

“Appa is outside.” Joohyun kisses the child. “Go to sleep – Omma and Appa are here.”

“Busawo. I want Appa.” Tears leak from the child’s eyes.

“Aegyah!” Joohyun embraces the little girl. “Alright we will go to Appa.” They walk out of the bedroom.

“Appa!” The little girl holds out her arms.

Yonghwa hurriedly puts down his glass and takes his daughter. Yoon Hwa holds on to her father tightly. “Did you have a bad dream Aegyah?”

“Uhm.”

Yonghwa and Joohyun look at each other – this usually happened when the little girl was hyper active during the day and didn’t have her naps.

“I woke up and I heard sounds….like a monster….” The child hugs her father. “I cover myself and then when it was quiet I went out of the room and went to Appa’s room – 1012.”

Their daughter was intelligent and could already count to 100 and recite the English alphabet by the time she was 3. She could read and write simple English words before she turned 4. She loved reading and would always want to read the book to her parents and Jean rather them reading it to her.

Yonghwa sighs and holds his daughter in his arms. He was relieved that she had a good sense of direction.

“Appa were you scared?” The little girl looks at her father.

“Of course Aegyah! What if you got lost on your way here to Appa’s room?” His mind refusing to acknowledge the scenarios that play out in his head.

“Appa – uhm – 20 steps to your room. I counted.” She looks at her father and kisses his lips. “Didn’t you say that I was smart?”

“Yes you are sweetheart, yes you are.” He hugs his daughter tight once again.

There was knocking on the door.

“That’s probably Jean.” Joohyun looks at Yonghwa.

“You talk to her. She’s fired and I will not accept any explanation. Tell her to get her things from the apartment. Her salary will be in her account by the end of the week. She will get a separation pay but no referral letter.”

With that he goes to the bedroom carrying their daughter and closes the door.

Joohyun sighs and rolls her eyes. “She’s his employee not mine! Why do I have to talk to her? I’m not the one who’s angry!”

But Joohyun knew Yonghwa very well. He was an emotional and moody person. He was sensitive about all things concerning their daughter. Nothing and no one was allowed to make his daughter unhappy or worst make her cry.

She felt sympathy for Jean. She opens the suite’s door.

“Jean.”

“Miss Seo.”

Joohyun looks at the man who was standing behind Jean.

“Miss Seo.” Patrick Stuart greets her. He was the Director’s assistant. A pleasant young man who always greeted them when they came to the theatre, Joohyun had no idea Jean was seeing him.

“May we come in?”

Joohyun nods and leads them to the living area.

“Miss Seo –“

Joohyun holds up her hand and shakes her head. “I’m only going to tell you that Yoon Hwa’s father will not accept any explanation. Your pay will be in your account by the end of the week. You will be given a severance pay but he will not give you a referral.” Joohyun had to look away when Jean starts crying.

“Miss Seo – it’s really my fault. I visited her and we had some drinks – we –“

“Jean – when Mr. Jung came and put Yoon Hwa to bed was Patrick already there?” Joohyun asks.

Jean colors and looks down.

“I was in the bathroom Miss Seo.”

Joohyun closes her eyes. Now she felt no sympathy for Jean.

“The terms of your contract I believe were that my daughter would be your priority. That suite was for Yoon Hwa because her father is here. That suite was not for you to entertain your boyfriend in.”

“Miss Seo –“

“Patrick, don’t say anything. You both scared my daughter – you both didn’t even realize that she had left the suite. What if something happened to her? Jean! We lost her a few days ago! Or have you forgotten? Now, please just go. I don’t think Yoon Hwa’s father will let you talk to him or let you come near our daughter. I’m very disappointed Jean. I’ve always thought of you as a friend and that you love Yoon Hwa as much as we do.”

Joohyun stand up and opens the suite’s door.

“About work tomorrow Miss Seo – “

“I’m not going to say anything Patrick. This is a private matter.”

When they leave Joohyun bolts the door and leans against it. It was 3 AM and her head was pounding.

“Have they gone?” Yonghwa opens the bedroom door.

“Yes they have.”

Then they had to hurry to the room because Yoon Hwa was crying again.

“What is it Aegyah? Why are you crying so much? “Yonghwa kneels and looks at his daughter face, drying her tears and kissing her.

“Appa sleep with me.”

“Of course Aegyah – where else would Appa sleep?”

“Omma sleep with me.”

Yonghwa and Joohyun look at each other.

“Of course Aegyah.” Joohyun sits on the other side of the bed.

The little girl moves to the center of the bed and looks at her parents. “I’m waiting.”

When they lie down she takes their arms and puts them on top of body and hugs their arms. “Now let’s sleep.”

Joohyun wakes up very late the next day. Sometime in the night the 3 of them had huddled so closely that her head was under Yonghwa’s chin and Yoon Hwa was between them hugging her father and her legs over her mother’s waist. Joohyun holds her breath as she tries to maneuver getting out of the bed without her dress riding up even higher.

She sighs with relief as she makes her way to the bathroom where she splashes her face with water. She was glad there was an extra toothbrush and Yonghwa’s utility bag was there. She holds a bottle of moisturizer in her hand. He still uses the same unscented brand that she did.

She was on her way out of the bedroom when her wrist was grabbed and she was right back in the bathroom.

“Where are you going?” Yonghwa lets go her wrist and heads for the sink. He splashes his face with water and looks at the toothbrush she just used.

“There was only one.” He looks at her.

“Mian – I thought it was extra.” Joohyun mutters.

“It’s fine.” He rummages thru his utility bag and brings out a small bottle of mouthwash. It registers in Joohyun’s mind that it was the brand that they’d been using when they were still married.

“So were you planning on just leaving me and Yoon Hwa?” He looks at her after he finishes gargling and wetting his hair. He pulls at the towel and dries his face roughly.

“Don’t –“Joohyun catches herself.

“Do I really have to do this?” He whines as she puts a black charcoal facial mask on him.

“Yes your face is terrible. You’re very tired, your eyelids are bruised and your eyes bags are horrible.”

“Thank you – I’ve always thought that I was handsome.”

“You are Oppa but you don’t take care of your face.”

“The makeup noonas put masks on us.”

“I know but the mask I’m putting on is special. Then after that I’ll give you a light facial massage and put eye serum on you.”

“Can I sleep after that?”

“You can.”

“Other things before that?” His hand cups her .

“Definitely. Now hold still, Oppa.”

Yonghwa stops when he sees her expression and just pats his face. “So now you really have to go home. I think the decision is out of your hands. I’ll have Manager get a ticket for Yoon Hwa so she can go home with me. You can finish your play and come to Korea.”

Joohyun felt the familiar irritation rise. He always wanted things done his way. His rules. His control.

Yonghwa sees the play of emotions on her face. Joohyun was never good at hiding her emotions especially when it came to their relationship with each other. But this time he would insist that she come home – their daughter needed to come home.

“So that you’ll file for sole custody?”

“Joohyunah – I was angry then! I’m sorry I hurt you by saying that.” Yonghwa stands in front of her and leans to put his face closer to hers.

Joohyun steps back and there was a wall.

“Come home Joohyunah.” He whispers and looks at her lips. “Come home with our daughter.”

Joohyun’s heart accelerates remembering the kiss from last night. Unconsciously her hands clench and she bites her lower lip. It took all of her will power not look at his lips.

Yonghwa surrenders to the temptation of kissing her – Joohyun looked extremely uncomfortable because of their closeness and he found her adorable.

He had a smile on his lips as he tilts her face to kiss her. Holding her chin so she couldn’t turn away.

Joohyun throat convulses – she very much wanted to push his body away. She was going to lose herself in this enticing kiss. His lips were soft and warm and he murmurs something just before he opens to deepen the kiss.

When he breaks the kiss he smiles and kisses her forehead. “What would you like for breakfast?”

Joohyun’s anger flares. “You’ve taken too many liberties Jung Yonghwa! We’re divorced!” She pushes him away.

“I apologize Joohyunah.” He holds her elbow and looks at her. Then he steps back and his hand falls to his side. He did not look the least bit sorry.

“So what are you planning to do today?” He hooks his hands on his pants and looks at her. Tousled hair, face in need of a shave, muscles outlined in his sleeveless shirt.

Gorgeous and he knew it.

“I – I – was – was planning on going home.” She murmurs not looking at him.

“You want the baby to cry again?” His eyes narrow was he looks at her. She was definitely affected by the kiss he was very certain of it. “Just stay for breakfast.”

They stare at each other for a long time.

“Alright. Fine.” She turns away and tries to make her voice sound calm. The man was disconcerting and very bad for her nerves.

“The bathroom is yours.” He gives a bow as he steps out. “I will order breakfast.”

Joohyun was glad for the reprieve. She had to gather her wits.

“Seo Joohyun what are you feeling?” She looks at herself in the mirror. “You’re over him.”

You wish.

She goes to bed and checks on the sleeping child. Smiling at the little figure whose arms and legs were spread eagled on the bed. She fixes her daughter’s sleeping position and once again covers her with the comforter. She leans and gives her baby a kiss.

“Sister in law.”

Joohyun finds Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin sitting in the living area.

“Orenmanida.”

If they were surprised to see her come out of Yonghwa’s bedroom they tried not to make it too obvious. All three took note that their ex-sister in law was still as beautiful as ever if a little on the thin side.

“We hear that you’re coming home.” Jonghyun smiles at her. “That’s good.”

“We’ve missed you.” Jungshin gives her a smile.

Joohyun looks at Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter