LOG 27

The Classified Accounts of Ami Hwang

A/N: i double updated make sure you read the last chapter

 


The room goes dark.

 

    There are gasps; Jungkook’s grip on me momentarily loosens; someone knocks over something.

 

    The lights come back on.

 

    More than a dozen men, clad in black suits and facemasks, are stabbing, kicking, shooting, and kicking the 4 Flames agents, whirling around from corner to corner, taking each of the Yohan men down. BTS immediately leaves us and withdraws their guns, firing rounds at the men. However, the bullets seem to avoid harming them. I realize with a jolt that they must be wearing bulletproof vests underneath.

 

    One of the mysterious men breaks off from the group and hoists Lina up by the arm. “It’s time to go,” I hear him mutter.

 

    Lina’s eyes widen to the size of quarters. “Mingyu?

 

    Everything happens so quickly; it is all a messy blur of colors and weapons and roars. Chanyeol and two other men begin begin engaging Harris in a deadly brawl. They throw blows at him, dodging his gunshots, attempting to strike his vital points- until another man comes up behind him and inflicts a heavy blow on Harris’ head. He immediately topples to the floor.

 

Behind me, another man is having a straight-up street-style fight with Jungkook. Both of them are panting as they intensely battle for their lives, swiftly moving on their toes. Jungkook slams his fist into his opponent’s gut, and save for a small stumble backwards, the man seems unharmed. He rounds an impressive crescent kick into the side of Jungkook’s head and Jungkook hisses in pain.

 

    Suddenly, one of the floor-to-ceiling windows next to us shatters, expelling deadly fragments of glass everywhere. I hear Preet yelp in pain as something else comes flying in and slams into him with a painful thud! A lithe man has literally swung onto Floor 21 through the window. He is carrying a thick black rope, which he throws out the window again.

 

When Chanyeol sees him, a huge grin appears on his face.

 

    “Kyungsoo,” he says. The man smirks.

 

    “I’m here to save the day,” he announces. He narrows his eyes, however, as he looks around the room. “Who are these guys?”

 

    “Well, well, Kyungsoo Do,” one of the bulletproof vest-clad men says in a smarmy voice as he punches one of the 4 Flames agents in the face. “I see your eye's looking a lot better.”

 

    Kyungsoo glowers at him. “Joshua, you head. Don’t tell me-,”

 

"What the hell?" I hear Hoseok shout to Jimin. "Are those the Seven Stars and X.E.? Are they ing working together? What the -,"

 

    "Well, it seems that we have the same goal in mind,” another Seven Stars man snickers. “Get Lina out of here.”

 

“Lina and her friends,” Chanyeol corrects, rolling his eyes (and then wincing as Jin lands a deep scratch on his arm). “It’s not all about your little Seven Stars princess.”

 

“Stop being such a douche, Chanyeol,” Lina calls as she pulls Annabelle out of the way of a gun’s range. “What are we supposed to do now?”

 

“Come with me.” Kyungsoo yanks the nearest person- Marge- to the window. After pulling another rope out of his knapsack, he ties Marge to the thick black rope outside by the belt loops of her jeans. “Okay, I need you to climb down the rope to the floor.”

 

All of our eyes nearly bug out of our heads. “What?!” Marge shrieks. “Kyungsoo, you crazy er-,”

 

“Shut up, Marge! We can’t leave through the goddamn elevator. What other option do we have?”

 

“Kyungbaby is right,” another man pipes up. “Just go, all of you. We’ll handle these guys.”

 

“Trying to act cool,” Kyungsoo scoffs, tying a very queasy-looking Preet to the rope. “ing Seventeen s. Hate these guys.”

 

I am about to head towards the window when I freeze in my tracks.

 

Marcus’ body.

 

I exchange a look with Annabelle, who is standing across the room. Her eyes tell me that she is thinking the same thing that I am.

 

“We can’t,” she murmurs, shaking her head. My chest tightens and I feel my throat start to burn-

 

No. No. You can’t think about that now. You need to go, Ami. Go!

 

I whirl around and Namjoon is standing right behind me, a gun pointed at my face.

 

“Why, Ami?” he asks in a thick voice. There is an anguished look on his face. “You were so-,”

 

Someone whacks the back of Namjoon’s head with a gun, and he falls to the floor.

 

Chanyeol is grimly staring back at me, his lips pressed in a thin line.

 

“You can’t, Ami,” he murmurs. “Now go.

 

I gulp, nod, and tear off towards the window, weaving through fallen bodies, bullets, flailing limbs, and furious 4 Flames agents. The window is 10 feet away- I am almost there-

 

In my line of vision, I spot a Seven Stars agent point a gun at Jungkook, who is halfway across the room, fighting the same Seven Stars man from before.

 

And for some reason, despite the fact that Jungkook shot my best friend in cold blood not even 10 minutes ago; despite the fact that he’s a ruthless murderer who would die for a gang that is practically taking over the world; despite the fact that he’s evil and I swear he’ll never change-

 

My mind keeps replaying the way he hugged me all the time, ignoring my protests, as he claimed that it was his "duty" as my "fake boyfriend".

 

The way he always teased me about knowing someone as cool as him, with that cocky smirk that was seriously so obnoxious.

 

The way he laughed. The way he made those stupid jokes. The way he always argued with me because he was too stubborn to admit that I was right. The way he would always listen to my worries and problems and tell me that he would make it okay.

 

The way he cupped my face as he leaned down to kiss me.

 

Don’t shoot him!” I holler, sprinting towards the agent. His finger is already pushing down on the trigger. In his confusion, he turns towards me, tilting the angle of his gun at the same time as I leap in front of him, attempting to knock the weapon out of his hands-

 

His bullet hits me.

 

For a moment, I feel nothing. My body feels completely numb.

 

And then it feels like my shoulder is on fire.

 

I scream, collapsing to the floor in agony. This must be what hell feels like. Blood oozes out of me, soaking my shirt in red- even this seems like too much blood for getting shot. My body writhes and I can hear shouts echoing in my ears and out of the corner of my eye I can see Jungkook- his eyes have just fallen on me- and his eyes are widening, his mouth is opening in a shout-

 

And then a warmth pours over me. Seeps through my clothes. Pools down at my toes. The fuzziness disappears from my mind. It is replaced by a tranquil blackness. It fades over me. I dissolve into it.

 

And then I cannot feel anymore.

 


 
A/N: ya this is a short update but i updated a few hours ago anyway
lol this is the last chapter (except for the epilogue)
lmao this just confirms it tho im writing a sequel
it'll probably be a short sequel tho... i think? idk
but dw everything will be properly wrapped up