LOG 14

The Classified Accounts of Ami Hwang

Jungkook disappears, and then returns with several men and women clad in black suits. They are all wearing hard expressions- and guns on their belts.

 

“Here’s how this is going to work,” Jungkook says coldly as two of the 4 Flames agents force me down and place handcuffs on me. “The more questions you answer, the longer you live. Number one: who is the identity of the head of X.E.?”

 

A tremor runs through my body. Instead of betraying my trepidation, I bite back, “Why should I answer questions if I’m going to die anyway?”

 

My answer elicits a powerful slap from one of the 4 Flames agents. My head jerks around so quickly that my neck aches. The entire right side of my face is burning.

 

This is where I use my training, I realize with a dull pang.

 

Jungkook walks towards me, an impossibly cold, distant look on his face.

 

“I’ll ask you again,” he says. “Who is the head of X.E.?”

 

I can’t believe I’m choosing to protect my mother.

 

But then again, betraying her would be like betraying all of my friends.

 

When I refuse to answer once more, another 4 Flames agent slams a fist into my gut. This time, I double up like a compact ruler; I collapse to the floor, wheezing. Red hot pain shoots through my nerves.

 

“Do you really want to do this, Ami?” Jungkook says in a malicious murmur, towering over me. “You won’t last an hour.”

 

Try me,” I hiss, and an agent hits me again.

 


 

By the time they leave hours later, I am battered, bloody, and bruised. My entire body is aching. Every time I move, a bolt of agony shoots through me, coupled with the constant sensation of my handcuffs and legcuffs chafing against my skin. The dress I am wearing causes me to feel even more vulnerable. I refused to answer a medley of questions- including the one asking about the identity of my mother- which caused Jungkook and the guards to get angrier and angrier. The physical pain and the mental toll of their incessant, pressing questions, brought me to uncontrollable tears at one point.

 

But what hurts most of all is the unfeeling manner in which Jungkook stood by and watched me get kicked and slapped. His eyes were icy and his demeanor ruthless. And it makes me realize with an ache that Jungkook does not love me anymore. Not only did I betray him violently, but I spent 4 years away from him. The only thing he feels for me is loathing and disgust. I am the only one who still holds feelings in our relationship.

 

This fact was incredibly obvious by how he acted while I was being tortured.

 

My mind flits to Marge, Baekhyun, and Fei. They need to finish as soon as possible. I need to get the hell out of here now-

 

    The door flies open. Yoongi furiously storms into the room, followed by Namjoon and Jimin. They are attempting to hold Yoongi back to no avail.

 

“You evil !” Yoongi roars. “You’re the reason why everything’s gone wrong for 4 years! You destroyed everything!”

 

“Yoongi, we’re not allowed to be here,” Jimin murmurs, but Yoongi merely lets out a harsh laugh.

 

“She doesn’t even know what she’s done! Look at her! If she hadn’t broke Jungkook all those years ago then he wouldn’t be like this today! She made him go crazy!

 

“Jungkook was always crazy,” I retaliate in a weak voice. “He’s always been like this.”

 

Yoongi bristles. “You made him regress back into his old personality,” he utters. “When you died 4 years ago, he went absolutely insane again. But this time, no one could stop him.”

 

My face pales.

 

“We worked so ing hard to get him out of that years ago,” Yoongi continues. “So hard- and then you just came along and destroyed all of our efforts. You deserve the worst, Ami Hwang. I hate you more than anything in the world.”

 

“That’s enough, Yoongi,” Namjoon says quietly. With a grunt, he manages to heave open the door and drag Yoongi out of the room. Jimin trails behind them, his eyes determinedly looking everywhere but me.

 

“Namjoon. Jimin. Yoongi.” I whisper. Namjoon and Jimin pause. With effort, I shakily stand up.

 

“I’m sorry,” I tell them, looking directly at Namjoon in particular. “Not for Jungkook’s behavior. But I’m sorry that I... did that all those years ago. You were nothing but kind to me, and I-,”

 

“I knew you were a liar from the beginning,” Yoongi snarls. “People like you can never be trusted. I knew you would betray us.”

 

Anger rises up in my chest. “It’s funny how you’re talking about betrayal when you’ve done the same to so many others in the past.”

 

He sneers. “What are you talking about?”

 

“How about dating my best friend just to gain information about the Seven Stars from her?”

 

There is silence. Yoongi merely stares at me, his jaw clenched, as Namjoon and Jimin exchange a confused look.

 

Ah, so Yoongi still hasn’t told them about his relationship with Lina.

 

“Before you preach, why don’t you take a step back and look at what you’ve done?” I cross my arms. “I told you I was sorry, which was a lot more than what you did for my friend. So get off your high horse.”

 

“What is Ami talking about?” Jimin asks Yoongi confusedly. Yoongi merely stares at me, stunned.

 

“I could keep going if you’d like,” I tell him, arching an eyebrow.

 

Yoongi pivots around and angrily marches towards the door. Namjoon and Jimin follow him, exchanging bewildered glances. Before Yoongi leaves, however, he turns and tells me, “When Jungkook kills you and doesn’t even flinch, you’ll realize it then.”

 

“He can go ahead,” I respond. “I truly don’t care.”

 

The door slams shut, leaving me alone in the darkness.

 

Yoongi’s words echo in my ears. You made him regress back into his old personality,” he utters. “When you died 4 years ago, he went absolutely insane again. But this time, no one could stop him.

 

So that’s it, then. Jungkook has gone back to himself before the therapy and the treatments. He has gone back to the time when he had no inhibitions, murdered cold-heartedly, and took pleasure in doing so.

 

Jungkook Jeon has gone off the deep end.

 

I’m completely ed.

 


 

I doze fitfully. When I awake, my stomach is aching with hunger pangs. I swallow my saliva in an attempt to relieve my parched throat. It’s a futile attempt, but I have no other choice. I sleep again.

 

This time, I am awoken by harsh lights flickering on and the sound of boots marching towards me. My eyes dazedly blink open.

 

Jungkook is towering above me. There is an unreadable expression on his face.

 

“Get up,” he orders. He throws something at my feet. I narrow my eyes.

 

“Why bother?” I say, holding up a toothbrush in one hand. “I’m going to die within a few days anyway.”

 

“Do you want it or not? Because I can leave right now.” Jungkook snarls. I scowl.

 

He leads me to another empty room, containing nothing but soft white carpet and plain walls. A door on the right leads to a large bathroom. There is no mirror- presumably to avoid me from breaking it into glass shards and using it as a weapon.

 

Fine. It might be for the best- I really don’t want to see the terrible state my face is in right now.

 

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I step back outside. Jungkook hands me a towel.

 

“Wow,” I say. “This much?”

 

“You have 5 minutes,” he responds monotonously.

 

I yank the towel from him and go shower. It is only after I have emerged from the bathtub when I realize that I have no clothes to change into. And there’s no way in hell I’m putting on that dress again.

 

After wrapping my body in the towel, I steel myself and open the door. Jungkook’s expression turns blank when he sees me.

 

“I need clothes,” I state.

 

He blinks. “I have them right here.” He picks up a few folded bundles of cotton and holds them out to me.

 

I avert my eyes as I reach up for them. However, when I try to take them from his hand, he doesn’t let go.

 

“What?” I snap, looking up at him.

 

His gaze is concentrated on the bullet wound scar on my right shoulder. The concealer I had applied over it came off in the shower. It is clearly visible now.

 

“Never seen a bullet scar in your life before?” I say tartly. Jungkook tears his gaze away from it.

 

“Did the Seven Stars shoot you on purpose?” he asks me in a grave voice. “Was it so that they could fake your death?”

 

“No,” I respond frostily.

 

“Then why did you get shot?” Jungkook questions, narrowing his eyes. “Those agents don’t miss. And when you got shot, I could’ve sworn you were halfway across the room just a moment before.”

 

Ha. He doesn’t know why.

 

“Why do you care?” I say coolly.

 

“You got shot.

 

“So? Are you sad that you couldn’t do it yourself?” I step closer to him, draw my towel tighter around me. “I’m so sorry.”

 

Jungkook’s face darkens. He lowers his face so that it is right above mine.

 

“Don’t push me,” he utters.

 

I murmur, “Or else what?”

 

In an instant, he has pinned me against the wall and smashed his lips on mine.

 

Our kiss is all tongue and teeth, all anger and no affection. My body is melded to Jungkook’s; we are so close that we are both breathing in unison. He hoists me up against the wall as I wrap my legs around his torso, into our kiss. My fingers desperately tug at the hem of his black shirt and he pulls it away; it lands on the floor next to my hastily discarded towel.

 

The air feels hot and steamy- my mind enters a blurry daze in which the only thing that exists is the raw sensation of Jungkook’s skin against mine. He bites down on my lip and I release a hiss of pain. I can feel his lips curve up in a sadistic smile against my mouth. In retaliation, I yank harder on his hair as I deepen our kiss and he heatedly presses me closer to him and I can feel his hands move from my face downwards-

 

And then all of a sudden everything is too much and I cannot breathe and I pull away.

 

My chest is heaving. Jungkook and I stay frozen in this position for several moments. His lips are red and swollen, and I am tempted to lean forward and capture them once more.

 

A long look passes between us. Jungkook takes me in in my entirety. His fingers ghost over the bruises and cuts across my body.

 

Then he gently sets me down, grabs his shirt. He picks up my clothes and hands them to me.

“I’m sorry, Ami,” he murmurs.

And he strides out of the room before I can say another word.

 


A/N: lmfao 

this is a lot for 1 chapter lmaoaooaoaoaoaoaof

idk what else to say lol