Uncertainty

Silent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Shin Hye let out a wide, sweet smile the moment the door opened in front of her. Kim So Eun was standing there, stared at her with an unsatisfied glare in her eyes. Taking a deep breath, Shin Hye forced herself to maintain a polite smile on her face despite of So Eun’s unfriendly expression.

“Good morning, Kim So Eun-sshi.” She greeted politely.

So Eun sighed annoyingly before she crossed her arms across her chest and continued to stare at Shin Hye with a cold gaze and a sly grin on her lips. “Park Shin Hye-sshi, if I remember correctly, I have already informed the hospital that the therapy session will be stopped for this month. I think you are not very good in following instruction. What are you doing here?”

Here she goes again. The same rudeness she got when she called her before the Paris trip. Shin Hye pulled her bottom lip in between her teeth, trying hard not to lose her temper. Although she doesn’t understand why So Eun keeps showing the y side of her every time they met but since she is Min Ho’s personal assistant, she doesn’t want to make the situation become awkward between them.

Taking a deep breath as she forced another smile on her face, Shin Hye looked at her. “Thank you for your kind reminder and I’m absolutely aware that Lee Min Ho-sshi doesn’t need any therapy session this month. In fact he doesn’t need it any more because I have already healed him, !

“Then what are you doing here?” So Eun asked in an impatient voice.

“I’m here because your boss asked me to come.” Shin Hye replied. Don’t ask me why because you wouldn’t want to know it.

So Eun narrowed her eyes before she let out a soft chuckle. “Ask you to come? I’m his personal assistant. If he really ask you to come, do you think I wouldn’t know about it?” She paused and sighed deeply. “Don’t try to play game with me, Park Shin Hye-sshi. This is not a place that you can come any time as you wish. Lee Min Ho-sshi has a lot of work to do and he has no time to entertain you. If he says he doesn’t want to have the therapy, it means he doesn’t want to see you. Trying to attract his attention with your smart mouth isn’t a good move and it will only anger him more. You wouldn’t be able to bear the consequences. So please go before everything gets ugly.”

Heol! You know what is ugly? When I couldn’t control my temper and start pulling your hair. Shin Hye’s patience finally reached the limit. Is she trying to implicate that she is seducing Min Ho? Great. It’s about time she shows this ‘little pretty secretary’ the consequences that she have to bear when she was angered. The smile on her face disappeared the next second and replaced with an unkind expression. 

“Kim So Eun-sshi, let me put it this way. First, I’m not sure what did I do before this that make you so angry with me but if I really did something that offended you, my apologies. Second, I don’t know what have I done that given you an impression that I’m trying to play game with you. I have been trying my best to behave myself and maintain my politeness despite your rudeness towards me. Third, you might want to review your capability as a personal assistant again since you are not too aware of your boss schedule. It doesn’t mean I was lying about him asking me to come over just because you don’t know about it.” Shin Hye paused and smirked sarcastically. “Or maybe like what you told me before, Lee Min Ho-sshi is your boss, not your friend. He doesn’t need to report anything to you.” She repeated the same words So Eun said to her when Min Ho want to stop the therapy session before she found him in Montmartre.  

When she saw So Eun’s face turned pale and her eyes were reddened with anger, she let out a deep sigh. She doesn’t want to make things become ugly between them but she was the one who started it first. Taking a step forward with her eyes darted at So Eun, she continued again. “I know you have been working for him for a long time and know him more compared to me but… there is one thing I need you to be clear. You are just working for him, working for the owner of this house. And that owner… that man… he is mine.” She warned her with a dangerous deep voice, asking her to back off indirectly.

So Eun widened her eyes and was totally shock with what she just said. Just when she wanted to say something to fight back, soft footsteps filled the room followed by the sound of clearing a throat behind her. She quickly turned around and bowed politely when she saw Min Ho standing not too far away from them.

Shin Hye gave him a brief murderous glare before looking away, giving him a clear silent message to settle his secretary or she will settle him. Min Ho inhaled a deep breath, lifting his hand up to call So Eun over. He took a notepad out and wrote something on it before showing it to his secretary.

The colour on So Eun’s face became whiter after she read the message he wrote to her. She bit her lip hard and nodded obediently before taking her bag and walked towards the door. She stopped for a moment and stared at Shin Hye who was still standing there.

“See you again, Kim So Eun-sshi.” Shin Hye faked a smile.

Without replying her, So Eun walked straight and stepped out of the apartment. The smile on Shin Hye’s face faded immediately as she closed the door behind her. She looked up and glared at Min Ho who was grinning ear to ear.

“Wow… what was that?” Min Ho asked.

“Eo?” Shin Hye tilted her head and crossed her arms. “You can speak? I thought you are a mute.” She said, her voice laced with sarcasm.

Min Ho laughed as he slowly walked towards his grumpy girlfriend, taking her hand and pulled her into the living room. He took her bag and threw it on the couch before wrapping his arms around her waist, bringing her closer to him. It felt like home when he can finally holding her soft body securely in his embrace like this. Three days has passed since they came back from Montmartre and both were busy with their works and have no time to meet until today. He doesn’t want to let someone unimportant to affect their mood now.

“You know I can only speak in front of you and no one else.” He leaned over and stole a kiss on her pouty lips. “Why are you so angry? You should be happy seeing me. I miss you so much.”

Shin Hye bit her lip and glared up at him. “Didn’t you hear the whole conversation I had with your beautiful secretary? She was the one who tried to challenge my patience. I don’t know what is wrong with her.” She paused and stared at him with a sceptical gaze. “Did you guys have a history or something? She acted like a jealous girlfriend in front of me every time I come here.”

“Yah, what history? She is just a secretary that is working for me. That’s all.” He said defensively.

“But she doesn’t think like that though.” Shin Hye said in suspicious. “She seems very fond of you and wanted to be more than just a secretary.”

Min Ho smirked as his arms tightened around her. “Wae? Are you… jealous?”

Shin Hye hit his chest and gave him a dangerous glare. She hates seeing his mischievous expression. Compared to now, she like the cold Min Ho more. “I hate your secretary and I hate her boss even more.”

Taking her hand and grabbed it tightly, Min Ho laughed in satisfaction. “Hate me? Really? Hmmm… then I should do something to lightened your sour mood and make you not to hate me.” His grin grew wider as he leaned forward to her ear and whispered seductively. “What about… a hot makeup … preferably on my study table.”

Shin Hye felt the blood rushing to her cheeks as she tried to push him away. But he was holding her so tightly in his strong arms and no matter how she tried to break free, he just wouldn’t let her go. She sighed softly and looked up at him. “In your dream.”

“Wae? We almost did it that day on my study table.” He further. She is so cute when she is blushing. Her expression reminds him of that beautiful night they had in Montmartre.

She hit him again and continued to struggle. “Don’t talk about that incident anymore. You were trying to scare me that day and I almost have a panic attack. Let go of me.”

Instead of letting her go, he tightened his arms even more. Scooping her up in one quick motion, he laid her down on the couch beside them and hovered on top of her. Shin Hye gasped a heavy breath, startled by him as she looked into his intense eyes. She was totally caged beneath him, unable to move.

“I will not let you go… never.” He whispered against her lips with his warm breath caressing her face. “There is no reason for you to be jealous. You should know by now how I feel about you.”

Holding his gaze firmly, Shin Hye’s lips slowly curled up into a soft smile. “I’m not jealous.”

Min Ho grinned as he moved down, giving her small butterfly kisses up and down her jawline. She smelled like heaven and her sweet scent always have the power to make him lost his control. His lips slowly trailed to her lips and kissed her passionately.

Shin Hye closed her eyes as her hands moved up and her fingers tangled in his hair. She gasped when he pulled her tight against him and slid his tongue into at the same time.

Neither of them know how long have passed when Min Ho finally pulled back with a heavy gasp, both panting for breath. He buried his face in the crook of her neck, held her as close as possible to keep his pounding heart under control.

“We should stop.” Shin Hye whispered in a heavy breath as her eyes slowly opened.

After a moment, Min Ho pulled back slightly to look into her heavy-lidded eyes. “I think we should. But you are really irresistible.” He continued to catch his breath as his hand reached out to brush the hair away from her forehead. “Are you sure you don’t want to continue this on my study table?” He couldn’t help but to further. Her face went crimson red.

Shin Hye instantly burst into giggles and hit his arm softly. “I’m not here to have with you, Mr ert.”

Min Ho smiled as he leaned down to steal a quick kiss on her lips before pulling her up together with him, both sitting on the couch now. “How’s your work in the hospital? Everything’s fine?” He asked as he took her hand and placed it against his lips, kissing her knuckles softly.

Shin Hye nodded. “Since I was away for a week, there are a lot of pending cases that I need to follow-up. I just attended to a patient that is suffering with intermittent explosive disorder. Although his condition is not too serious but his impulsive and aggressive behaviour worried his family. He started to throw and break things when he was not in a good mood.”        

An uncomfortable feeling creep into Min Ho’s chest as he looked at her with an uneasy gaze. “A ‘he’? The patient is a man?”

“Yes. A man around your age.” Shin Hye replied flatly.

Min Ho inhaled a sharp breath and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “Talk to your superior tomorrow and ask him to pass the case to another doctor.”

“Meo?” Shin Hye raised her brows in confusion. “He is my patient. Why should I pass the case to another doctor? Wae? You think I don’t have the ability to treat him?”

“No.” Min Ho sighed. “I just think… a young man with mental disorder and a beautiful female psychiatrist is a very bad and dangerous combination.”

Shin Hye narrowed her gaze. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means…” He bit his bottom lip. “He might… use his sickness to attract your attention, make you feel pity for him and…”

“And I’ll fall in love with him?” Shin Hye cut him off, glaring at him. And without waiting for him to response, she hit chest real hard and pulled away from him angrily. “Yah, Lee Min Ho. Am I really that bad that I couldn’t even differentiate between my personal feeling and work? You are insulting my professionalism and ethic as a doctor.”

“Of course not.” Min Ho quickly explained himself as he took her hand and held it tightly. “I-I… I’m not talking about you. Of course you are a good doctor and professional enough to handle any cases.”

“Then what?” Shin Hye asked angrily.

“I just don’t trust your patient. I mean… look at us. I’m your patient too and see what you did to me? I was healed but I was also dead in your hand at the same time.” He let out a cheeky smile as he moved closer to her. “Mentally ill or not, you are too irresistible for any man to stay away from you. I can’t let my beautiful girlfriend to be locked in a room with a psychopath. That’s too dangerous.”

Shin Hye looked at him, trying to suppress a smile on her face. “You are the most dangerous one I have ever met.” She murmured before letting out a sigh. “Are you trying to say I should only accept female patients from now onwards?”

“Can you do that? That would be a great idea.” Min Ho asked with a serious expression.

“You are hilarious.” She said sarcastically. A deep sigh escaped Shin Hye’s lips right after as she shook her head in disbelief. “Have you ever seen any doctor chooses their patients according to gender? You will make people sue me for gender discrimination.”

“I have a group of expensive lawyers ready to handle the case for you if it happens.” Min Ho said without thinking and earned another hit on his chest.

“You are ridiculous.” She scolded him.

“I’m just being careful.” He pouted his lips like a kid as he reached out for her again and wrapped her into his arms. “I still can’t believe all this is real. A man like me doesn’t deserve a perfect girl like you. That’s why I’m worried that someone will snatch you away from me.”

Shin Hye heaved a deep sigh as her eyes locked into his. “I’m real and we are real.” She reassured him as her hand moved to his face and smiled. “You are a man that deserve every good thing in this world. And I’m one of it.” She said proudly.

And as expected, she always has the ability to take his fear away and improved his mood in just a snap of fingers. He leaned over and nuzzled his nose against hers. “You are the only good thing that have ever happened to me.” He said softly.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Give half a tablet of Ambien to the patient in room 207 tonight. She is having difficulty to sleep at night and Ambien could help her to sleep and rest better.” Shin Hye signed the medical file before passing it back to the nurse.

“Yes, Doctor Park.” The nursed took the file and walked out from her room.

“You seem very busy.”

Shin Hye looked up when she heard a knock on the door and a familiar voice. A smile spread across her face when she saw Yoo Yeon Seok walked into her room and took a seat in front of her.

“After a week off from the hospital, I have to catch up with what I have left behind.” She smiled again. “What’s up? You are supposed to be a very busy senior psychiatrist in this hospital. What brings you here?”

Yeon Seok chuckled as he pointed at his own watch. “Doctor Park, it’s almost lunch time now.”

Shin Hye glanced down at her watch and let out a long sigh. “Wow… I was so busy and don’t even realized the time.” She looked back at Yeon Seok and smiled embarrassedly. “I guess you are here to bring me to eat.”

“Guess correctly.” Yeon Seok grinned and stood up. “Kaja.”

Shin Hye nodded as she closed her laptop and followed behind Yeon Seok.

 

“I heard from someone that you went to Paris last week.” Yeon Seok asked, chewing the food in his mouth.

“And I’m sure that someone is my mother.” Shin Hye looked up at him and sighed. Nothing could hide from him because her mother is a very good and loyal spy. She dares not to imagine how will Min Ho react when he knows about Yeon Seok’s existence.

Yeon Seok smiled slightly as he looked at her with a cautious gaze. “You… you went there with the patient? The one that have selective mutism?”

“Hmmm…” Shin Hye nodded, looked down and scooped a small spoonful of rice into , trying to avoid his gaze and doesn’t want to continue with the conversation. She could roughly guess what he wanted to ask next.

“He asked you to go together?” He asked again.

Swallowing the food in , she took a deep breath before looking back at him. “No. I went myself and… met him there.”

“But it was your plan to go to meet him there?” He pressed further.

Shin Hye know he wouldn’t let her go and it’s no point to avoid him anymore. It will be better to be honest with him. Looking straight into his eyes, she nodded. “Yes. I knew he was going to Montmartre an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter