Healing Love

Silent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: Healing Love by Luna & Choi. (credit to owner)

 

Little creases started to form between Park Shin Hye’s brows when she felt the warm sunlight hitting her face and the sheet that was covering her body. She opened her eyes slowly and groaned in discomfort the moment the sunlight piercing into her eyes. She quickly shifted her body sideway but as soon as her body moved, her head begins to spin and she can feel every pulse of her blood in her temples. An unmerciful throbbing pain in her head brought tears to her eyes. Carefully moving her hand up to her head, she gently massaged her temples, trying to make the pain to go away.

Just when she lifted her hand up, she saw the unfamiliar white colour sleeve covering her hand. This is not her cloth. Taking a deep breath, she slowly pulled the comforter up and looked at herself. Her lips parted in shock when she saw the over-sized white colour shirt she is wearing and she is more shock when she saw her legs. She is not wearing a pant. Disregard the throbbing headache, she bolts upright in the bed, clutching the sheet to cover her body as if she is . Her breathing became heavy and her mind went blank in an instant.

But the shock doesn’t stop there. She held her heavy breathing when a familiar soft tinkling sound echoed into her ears. Slowly turning her head to the left, she couldn’t believe what she saw. It was a wind chime, the very same one that she gave Min Ho during his birthday in Montmartre. And at the same time, her eyes moved to the curtains that were covering the huge windows. Her eyes widened as she heaved a deep breath. It was the turquoise colour curtains she bought for him. She remembered this room, this bed. She slept in this room, this bed before. One year ago, she was always here.

She is in Min Ho’s penthouse. But… how come? Closing her eyes and burying her head into her palms, she forced her hangover-brain to think and recall what happened last night. Yeon Seok called her out for dinner last night, celebrating her for going back to work in the hospital soon. They bumped into Min Ho and Seol Hyun. She was emotional unstable after meeting them. She hanged around and bumped into Min Ho again. He sent her home and they fought in the car. She cried after he was gone and she called Yeon Seok. He came to fetch her and they went to a pub. She drank a lot and… what happened then?

~~~~~

“Let me go. I don’t want to go home. I want to go to the beach. I want to go to the beach.”

“Don’t you dare to go into the water. Stay here with me.”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Min Ho.”

“I love you…”

“If you love me so much, why did you leave me and hurt me?”

“Your mother said I’m not qualified to be with you.”

“I tried so hard just because I love you.”

~~~~~

Shin Hye looked up and let out a startle gasp when the memories of what happened last night slowly replayed in her mind. She was drunk and it must be Yeon Seok who called Min Ho over to get her. Did he tell everything to Min Ho? But even if he didn’t say anything, she must have already said something to him when she was drunk. If not, he wouldn’t bring her back to his house. But what happened then? She can’t remember anything about how he brings her back here and what they have done when they came back here.

Inhaling another deep breath, she climbed down the bed but stumbled as she stood up and immediately felt woozy and a wave of nausea hit her chest. She sat down on the bed and held onto the headboard, letting herself to get use to the dizziness. After a while, when she got better, she dragged herself to her feet again and slowly head towards the bathroom.

She stood in front of the huge mirror and looked at herself with a deep sigh. Her hand moved to the water tab, leaning over to the sink but just when she wanted to wash her face, something in between her neck and collarbone caught her attention. She slowly pulled the collar of the shirt to the side and her eyes immediately widened in shock. A red mark… or to be exact, a love bite. She pulled the shirt lower and there are more marks right above her chest.

“Oh my god.” She whispered. Her headache worsened as she tried to recall what exactly happened last night.

“Are you okay?”

A sudden deep voice broke the silence and frightened Shin Hye. She turned around and saw Min Ho standing at the doorway, looking at her.

“Are you… okay?” He asked again. When he heard some noise coming from his room, he quickly come in and found her missing on his bed. He then walked to the bathroom and saw her inside. Her face was so pale and look like she is going to faint any time. He took a step forward but stopped when Shin Hye took a step backward with her hands holding tightly onto the shirt, like he is some kind of animal trying to pounce on his prey.

He let out a deep sigh and darted his gaze at her. “You were drunk last night.” He answered to her confusion.

Shin Hye bit her lip and looked away, avoiding his intense gaze. “D-Did you… did you change my clothes for me?”

Min Ho sighed again as he crossed his arms across his chest. “Did you see anybody else in this house? If I didn’t help you, do you think your clothes will changed by itself?”

“H-How can you do that?” She asked with a slight angry tone as she looked back at him.

“Your clothes were dirty and covered with sands. Do you think I will let you sleep on my bed with those dirty clothes?” Min Ho raised his voice a little, annoyed by her reaction. “And why are you look so embarrass? What is the big deal of changing your clothes for you? Which part of your body that I haven’t seen before?”

“You…” Shin Hye suddenly became speechless and don’t know what to say back to him. A red crimson red slowly spread across her face as she recalled the red marks on her body.

“W-We… we…”

“What?” Min Ho asked in frustration.

Shin Hye gulped nervously. “Last night… we… did we…”

“Have ?” Min Ho completed the question for her.

“Y-Yah…” Shin Hye’s face reddened even more as she averted her gaze. How can he say that word out loud? “I… I’m asking you… w-what happened last night.”

Min Ho pursed his lips as his eyes darted firmly at her. Last night was… out of control. If he didn’t got back into his senses and stop what he was about to do, she might really hate him now.

~~~~~

7 hours ago…

 

Since Shin Hye keeps saying that she couldn’t go back because she doesn’t want her mother to see her like this, Min Ho have no choice but to bring her back to his house. After using all her energy at the beach, running and screaming, she has finally calm down a little and let him bring her back. Instead of putting her on his bed, he laid her down on the couch and ran to his walk-in closet to take some clean clothes. Her clothes were dirty and covered with sands. He has to help her to clean up before putting her to sleep. He then walked into the washroom and came back with a wet towel.

Taking a seat beside Shin Hye, he put his clean clothes at the side and gently wiped her face, her hands and other places that were not cover by her clothes. After he was done, he pulled her up into a sitting position as his hands started to undo her buttons. But just when he reached the third one, Shin Hye held his hand to stop him. She opened her eyes and looked at him. Her heavy-lidded eyes drunk him in as well as the moment their eyes locked at each other.

“I-I… I just want to help you to change your clothes.” Min Ho said, startled by her.

Shin Hye shook her head and pouted her lips. “Min Ho…”

“I’m here. What do you want? Are you not feeling well anywhere?” He asked as he looked at her worriedly.

“My head… it’s spinning. My heart… it’s hurting…” She whispered, still looking at him.

Min Ho inhaled a sharp breath, trying to look away but his eyes just wouldn’t comply. The more he look at her, the more he couldn’t control himself. He can feel the familiar fire burning in his veins. He has spent the past eleven months thinking of her, wanting her. Each and every part of him is aching for her. And now, she is right in front of him. Her cheeks are red, her lips are red and her gaze makes his mouth turn dry.

“Y-Your head hurts because of the alcohol. You should sleep now. Let me change your clothes and put you to sleep.” He said as his hands continued to undo her buttons and ignore the growing intensity between them. He can’t take advantage on her when she was drunk and unconscious like this. Although Yeon Seok have already told him the truth but he can’t do something against her will when their relationship is still so complicated.

After undoing all the buttons, he pulled the shirt over her shoulders, revealing her white bra. He inhaled sharply, trying not to look at her. Tossing her shirt to the floor, he leaned down to take his clean shirt. But by doing so, he didn’t realize that his grip around her arm loosened and with the drunken Shin Hye, she doesn’t have any strength to hold herself up and fell onto him.

Min Ho’s heavy breath was hitched in his throat the moment he felt her soft rounded flesh pressed against him. Her face was buried into his neck as her soft lips pressed against his skin, blowing warm breath against it. His blood shoot right up to his head and erupts like volcano. He couldn’t hold it anymore. He pulled back slightly, cupping her cheeks and claimed her lips in an urgent kiss.

He gently pushed her down onto the couch, hovered on top of her and held her tightly in his arms. Shin Hye closed her eyes and moaned in his mouth as he deepened the kiss. Her hands crawled into his hair, pulled it softly and caused a low groan from him. With her lips parted slightly, he pushed his tongue into the seam of her lips to travel beyond. Their grips on each other tightened as their breath quickened.

Another deep groan escaped their throats at the same time when Min Ho pulled away from her lips and lowered himself to the crook of her neck, onto her throbbing pulse point. The suction on her flesh was hard, leaving red marks that screamed his territory and possessiveness.

“I love you…” He whispered as his hand s to her back, wanted to remove the barrier that was blocking them. But just when he wanted to do so, the soft sound of the wind chime tinkling into the quiet air, waking him up from the intense pleasure that radiating through him.

His action stopped abruptly and quickly pulled himself away from her. He looked at her with a startled gaze, frightened by what just happened. He couldn’t do that. He couldn’t take advantage on her when she was not sober and don’t have the ability to push him away.

Pulling himself up into a sitting position, he inhaled several deep breaths to calm himself down. After his breathing was back to normal, he quickly put his shirt onto Shin Hye, took off her jeans and carried her up into his arms. He gently laid her down on his bed, covering her securely with the comforter and let her sleep.

“Min Ho…” Shin Hye mumbled in her sleep as faint lines forming on her brow.

Min Ho sighed softly, bring his fingers to her brows and smoothen the creases away. “I’m here.” He whispered as he leaned forward and pressed his lips against her forehead. “Have a good night’s sleep, okay?” He whispered again before pulling himself away, stood up and went out.

~~~~~

“What happened last night?” Shin Hye asked again.

Min Ho looked at her for a long moment before he averted his gaze and sighed deeply. “Nothing happen.”

“But…” What about the red marks on her neck? Shin Hye wanted to ask but don’t know how to put it in words. She is very sure something did happened and he is just not telling her. “We… ughhh…” She winced and almost falls backward when a new pain searing throb in her head and caused her legs went jelly. 

And just when she thought another pain will hit her body, Min Ho was fast and held her in time before she fall down. His arms were wrapped securely around her, bringing her close against his chest.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” He asked worriedly.

Shin Hye closed her eyes and shook her head. “My head hurts very badly.”

“It’s hangover after your excessive alcohol drinking last night.” Min Ho said before he sighed exasperatedly. “Why did you leave the bed when your head is still spinning? Stupid woman.” He scolded as he carried her up, walking out of the bathroom towards the huge bed.

“Stay here. I’ve made some ginger tea for you. It’s good for hangover. Wait for me.” He said after putting her down on the bed and before waiting for Shin Hye to react, he quickly ran out from the room.

After a while, he came back with a cup in his hand. “Be careful. It’s hot.” He said in a gentle voice as he put the cup in Shin Hye’s hands.

She took a small sip and slowly finished up the ginger tea. She felt so much better when the warm tea running down her dry throat. She put the empty cup on the bedside table after she was done and looked back at Min Ho. “Thank you.”

“Feel better?” He asked.

Shin Hye nodded.

“You shouldn’t drink so much last night. You know you have very low tolerance to alcohol.” He said, pursing his lips into a hard line.

Shin Hye looked at him, hesitated for a moment before she decided to ask. “How did you know I was drunk? I was with Yeon Seok oppa last night. How did I… ended up being here with you?” She asked cautiously.

“Yoo Yeon Seok called me to go to the pub that both of you went. He threatened that if I don’t reach there in fifteen minutes, he will go and leave you there alone.” Min Ho told her.

“He won’t leave me there.” Shin Hye said.

Min Ho’s eyes darkened, unhappy with how much Shin Hye trusted Yoo Yeon Seok. A pang of jealousy hit his chest in an instant and sours his mood. “If he won’t leave you there, then why did he call me? He should be the one who take care of you, not me. He is your fiancé, right?” He asked with an irritated voice as his eyes looked deep into hers, as if trying to look into her soul.

“W-What happened last night?” Shin Hye asked him back instead of replying him. She held his gaze as her hand slowly pulled her shirt aside to reveal the red marks on her smooth skin.

Min Ho shifted his gaze down and inhaled a sharp breath upon seeing the proof of his compulsive action last night.

“We…” He took a deep breath before continued. “We didn’t do anything. I mean…” He looked up at her again. “You were drunk and your clothes were dirty. I brought you back here, helped you to change your clothes and then…” He pursed his lips. “… we kissed. I admit that I was out of control and we almost… but we didn’t. Nothing happened.” He said firmly.

Shin Hye looked at him for a moment before a soft sigh escaped her lips. “He told you everything, didn’t he?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “It depends on how much your ‘everything’ covered. I’m not very sure how much was the ‘everything’ you were hiding from me besides from what he has told me.”

Her eyes grew clouded, teeth sinking into her lower lip. “He… he is not my fiancé.”

Min Ho nodded. “He covered that.”

“We… are not together. He is my sunbae and we are just friends.” Shin Hye said again.

“Yes, and that too.” Min Ho said, still looking at her.

Shin Hye looked down and keep quiet.

“That’s all?” Min Ho asked. “You are not going to tell me about how you think that I only treat you like a lifebuoy, how you think I like you because you look like Soo Bin…” He paused and inhaled a deep breath. “… and what my parents said to you? You are not going to tell me all that?”

Slowly looking up to meet his eyes again, Shin Hye let out another sigh. “Since you already know everything, I have nothing much to say.”

Min Ho chuckled sarcastically. “Don’t you think… the whole thing is very… funny?” He clenched his jaw and a look of disappointment crossed his face. “Is every woman a good liar like you? I thought my parents are hopeless but I never thought you will also treat me like an idiot.”

Tears started to form in Shin Hye’s eyes as she shook her head. “I… I didn’t treat you like an idiot. I’m just…”

“No confidence? Insecure? Or scared?” Min Ho cut her off but after a while he shook his head. “You have no confidence… because you don’t trust me. You feel insecure… because you don’t trust me. You are scared… because you don’t trust me. Everything happened… because you don’t trust.” He begins to raise his voice.

Shin Hye sniffled, a soft sob escaping her lips. “Everything between us happened so fast and… and my confidence started to waver when everyone keeps telling me that we were not meant for each other. Yeon Seok oppa, Kim So Eun… your parents. I begin to doubt your love for me and I felt insecure. I think you don’t love me as much as you thought. I got more scared when your parents told me about your marriage arrangement with Kim Seol Hyun. I was devastated and don’t know what to do. I just know that I have to run away… run away from you.”

Min Ho looked at her and shook his head in disbelief. “And you didn’t thought for one second of asking me about it? You didn’t come to verify with me before you make a decision to hurt both of us. Do you think it’s fair for me?”

Her sobs became louder and louder as she tried to fight back the tears but no matter how hard she try, it just wouldn’t stop drenching her face. She closed her eyes, letting the tears dropped onto her hands. “I’m sorry.”

It still hurt so much when he saw her crying like this. Her honest confession last night caused him unable to sleep for the whole night. At first, he thought of calling Yeon Seok to fetch her home because he have a very important trip that he couldn’t miss today. But because of her, because his heart couldn’t bear to leave her alone like this, he still chose to miss the trip, missed the chance to sign the contract with the Chinese government for the highway project.

“Don’t cry…” Min Ho said softly, gently pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly in his embrace. No matter how much he was angry with her, how deep she hurt him, he just couldn’t harden his heart to push her away.

Shin Hye rested her chin on his shoulder and continued to cry. “I’m sorry. I’m very sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” She sobbed.

Min Ho sighed deeply as he tightened his arms around her trembling body. He her back soothingly, comforting her, calming her until her breathing became even, her sobs became softer and her body stop trembling. Neither one of them know how long have passed but being in each other’s arms was the best place they wanted to be.

“Is it too late now?” Shin Hye was the first one who broke the silence. With her head still resting on his shoulder, her eyes still closed, she asked the question that she afraid to ask the most. She was the one who give up and let go of him. Does she still have the right to request anything now? No, she doesn’t have the right anymore. Not everything in this world can make a U-turn… especially in a relationship.

“It’s too late, right?” She slowly opened her eyes and let her tears streamed down and soaked into his shirt. “You already have Seol Hyun. She is your fiancée and both of you will get married soon. And… you will never forgive me, right?”

Min Ho buried his nose into her hair and closed his eyes. Is it really too late? Seol Hyun is not his fiancée. He doesn’t love her. She is just like a sister to him. In the past eleven months, he have make it clear to his parents that no one in this world could control his life and no one could force him to do anything against his will. And in exchange for them not to interfere his love life, he worked extra hard to prove to them that he doesn’t need anybody’s help to get what he want and what they want. But… can both of them start over and be together again? Something is still holding him back and he doesn’t know what is that. He just needs time.

After a long moment of silence, Min Ho finally pulled away and looked at her. He moved his hand to her cheeks and wiped her tears away. “I don’t hate you. Even though I was angry with you but I don’t hate you.”

A pang of disappointment hit Shin Hye’s chest. He didn’t answer directly to her question but it was very obvious. He doesn’t hate her but it’s not possible for them to return to how it used to be anymore. She bit her lip, sniffled and tried to suppress the tears that wanted to escape her eyes again. Forcing a light smile on her face, she held his gaze.

“My head is still spinning a little. Can I… borrow your bed and rest for a little while? I’ll go when I feel better.” She said, ending the sensitive subject. The alcohol must have been still lingering in her system and make her mind unclear. How can she ask him such questions? He already engaged with Seol Hyun. She can’t be so selfish and expect him to hurt his fiancée because of her. She has to stop and control herself. If her hangover is not so bad, she really wishes she could disappear immediately. Being in front of him, she felt ashamed of herself. But her head hurts as much as her heart. She doesn’t even have enough strength to stand with her legs.

Min Ho looked at her for a moment and it pained his heart to see her fake smile. He knows he has hurt her just like how she hurt him eleven months ago. Taking a deep intake of breath, he nodded. “You can rest as long as you want. I’ve cooked some porridge for you. Eat some before I send you home later.” He said as he gently helped her to lie down on the bed and pulled the comforter to cover her.

“I’ll be at outside. Call me if you need anything.” He said softly.

Shin Hye smiled again. “Thank you.” She said before closing her eyes.

Taking one last lingering look at her, Min Ho stood up and slowly walked out from his room.

The moment Shin Hye heard the sound of the door closed; she opened her eyes and let the tears slowly rolled down her cheeks.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

2 weeks later…

 

After the drunken incident, neither Min Ho nor Shin Hye calls nor meets each other anymore. When he sent her home that day, they just said their goodbyes and let their feelings buried deep in each other’s heart.

Shin Hye has finally return to the hospital and resume her work as a psychiatrist again. Her panic disorder was under control and she felt so much calmer these two weeks. Meeting Min Ho again has finally brought a closure to their relationship. Although the ending is sad and it’s not what she hope for but she have to be responsible on the decision she made and bear the consequences. 

“Come in.” Shin Hye looked up from the computer when she heard someone knocking on the door. A soft smile spread across her lips upon seeing Yeon Seok standing at the doorway.

“Busy?” He asked as he walked over to her table.

“Very.” Shin Hye smiled again.

“I hope everything is under control.” Yeon Seok took a seat in front of her.

“Hmmm… I’m still kind of nervous actually. It felt like being a rookie all over again. But no worries. There is no complaint receive yet. I’ll take that as okay.” She smiled.

Yeon Seok chuckled. “I’m glad you are coping so well. And you seems in a good mood.”

Shin Hye nodded as she leaned against her chair. “After a long break and everything that happened in the past one year, I’m just grateful that I’m still here, doing something that I like a lot. I can’t let myself forget the reason why I chose this job as my career. I want to be like my father. I want to help people with what I have learned… just like him. I will not let my personal emotion affect my job anymore.”

“I’m sure he will be very proud of you.” Yeon Seok said and then looked at her with a wary gaze. “Did you… see him again after that night?”

Shin Hye held his gaze and pursed her lips. She knows who is that ‘him’ he was talking about. A light smile curled on her lips before she shook her head. “No.”

“He didn’t look for you?”

“No.”

Yeon Seok sighed a deep breath. He already told him everything that night and he expect Min Ho to do something to win her heart back but he just stood at the same spot doing nothing. “That idiot is really disappointing.”

“What do you expect a man with a fiancée to do with his ex-girlfriend?” Shin Hye asked with a smile.

“It’s very obvious that he still love you. He should at least do something. How can he just give up on someone he loves so much? The engagement between him and Kim Seol Hyun is just a business deal. Do you think he will be happy being with someone he don’t love.” Yeon Seok said in frustration.  

Shin Hye laughed, trying to hide her sadness. She wasn’t even sure whether Min Ho still loves her or not. She sighed silently as she glanced down at her watch. “Okay, I got your point. Although I don’t mind you sit here and keep nagging the same topic over and over again but my next patient will be here in five minutes. Let’s continue this again when we have lunch later, okay?”

Yeon Seok glared at her for a moment before he stood up and walked out from her room. Shin Hye shook her head and smiled.

“Miss Jang, you can call the next patient in now.” Shin Hye intercom the nurse. She took the file from the tray and took a look at the patient’s medical record. There is nothing in there and she is a new patient.

“Good morning, Doctor Park.”

“Good morning, take a…” Shin Hye said but her sentence was cut off the moment she looked up. She was stunned for a moment before she found her voice back. “K-Kim Seol Hyun-sshi?” She quickly looked at the cover of the file and saw her name on it. She didn’t even notice the name just now.

Seol Hyun gave her a polite smile as she sat down on the chair in front of her. “Hi, Doctor Park.”

“H-Hi…” Shin Hye looked at her again with a confused gaze. “Why… why are you here? Are you feeling not well anywhere? There is nothing here in your medical record. What happened?” She asked in concern.

“I’m fine.” Seol Hyun replied with a smile. “I was thinking to look for you but I don’t have your number. But even if I have, I’m worried that you might not want to see me. So I think coming here and pretend as a patient is the best way to meet you.”

“Why do you want to see me?” Shin Hye asked curiously. Was it because of what happened when she was drunk that night? Does she know about it and come to warn her not to see Min Ho again?

“It’s about Min Ho oppa.” She said.

Shin Hye looked at her and inhaled a nervous breath. “Please don’t misunderstand. There is nothing between Min Ho and me. We were just…”

“It’s not about you and him.” Seol Hyun cut her off. She is still smiling. “It’s about me and him.”

Shin Hye’s brows furrowed, confused with what she said. “W-What about… you and him?”

Seol Hyun inhaled a soft breath. “I was only 7 years old the first time I met Min Ho oppa and Soo Bin. At that time my father and their parents were business partners and my father always brought me to their house.” She paused as she looked down and pressed her palm against her thigh. “Due to my disability on my leg, I was very quiet and shy since I was a kid. I felt ashamed of myself and always keep myself alone.”

“You shouldn’t be ashamed of yourself. Everybody is different and beautiful in their own way.” Shin Hye said, feeling sorry for her. Although this is only the third time seeing Seol Hyun, but she likes her. She is kind, polite and very friendly.

Seol Hyun smiled. “I know and Min Ho oppa was the one who let me understand about that. I still remember that time when I was at his house; when I was playing with Soo Bin, I fell down and cried so hard. I felt so useless, so ashamed of myself. But then, he came to me, helped me up and wiped my tears away. He told me that everybody will fall down no matter their legs are normal or not. It’s not something shameful when we fall down. The most important thing is we have to learn to stand up from where we fall and start all over again. Disability is a not a crime. We have to love ourselves in order for other people to love us.” She paused and the smile on her face widened. “I will never forget the way he looked at me at that time. His gaze was so warm and kind. I felt safe being with him.”

Shin Hye let out a weak smile. Yes, she felt safe being with him too. But that secure and warm feeling from him is no longer belongs to her. “I believe Min Ho will take good care of you.”

Seol Hyun nodded. “I believe too. Because… I’ll always be his sister.”

A shock expression spread crossed Shin Hye’s face as she looked at her in confusion. “Sister?”

Seol Hyun nodded again. “Yes. Sister.” She smiled. “I always envy Soo Bin for having a good brother since I was a kid. Although we didn’t see each other anymore after Soo Bin passed away and only met again one year ago, but the friendship between us is still there. Soo Bin is no longer here. I wish I could replace her and take care of him like a sister.”

“B-But… he said you…”

“I’m not his fiancée.” Seol Hyun cut her off.

Shin Hye shook her head. “But his parents told me that both of you will get married soon and even Min Ho admitted that you are his fiancée.”

“Yes, his parents and my father indeed have a plan to pull us together but we are not a puppet. We are matured adults and they couldn’t force us to do something against our will. We don’t feel that way for each other. We only treat each other as brother and sister. We are family.” Seol Hyun paused again, looking at Shin Hye. “Min Ho oppa lied to you. He thought Yoo Yeon Seok-sshi is your fiancé and he was jealous.”

Shin Hye bit her bottom lip and averted her gaze. “Even if you are not his fiancée, it still doesn’t change anything. I hurt him and… he don’t want to be with me anymore.”

Seol Hyun opened her bag, took an envelope out and put it on the table. “If he don’t want to be with you, he won’t give this to me.”

Shin Hye took the envelope up and looked back at Seol Hyun. “What is this?”

“Before he left three days ago, he gave me this letter. He said in case you come to look for me, he asked me to pass this letter to you.” Seol Hyun replied.

Shin Hye widened her eyes. “He left? Where did he go?” An uncomfortable feeling rise in her chest as her heart raced tremendously.       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter